IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 21: 53 Standing Ovations and I Move to Brentwood!

nelliebelle1197

5 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

The cool old Native man with the ranch - he says that Joe wanted it. And the man’s wife divorced him to be like Gwen. 

My question:  Does the man still own his land? Have the remaining Remnant tried to get their hooks into it?  I sure hope not. 

Bob Beene’s ranch did finally sell after a year in July — for about $1 million less than original asking price. And the Laras crashed two months prior, so they didn’t get it. Not sure who purchased it.

https://www.estately.com/listings/info/2781-franklin-pike--1

They hosted several church parties and weddings at their place over the years. 

EB39308C-41AC-45A7-9F88-9B7E4D5C7414.jpeg

ED79E94E-B004-44C1-99C2-511E9AE5234E.jpeg

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 10

3 hours ago, rabbitholejulie said:

There is alcohol on RF's church property?!  

An entire room for it, but if I remember correctly it was mostly for the men?

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Thank you, @SayonaraLara!  Curious there was a failed (?) contingency sale just before the crash.  Just glad to know that Mr. Lara (RF) didn’t get his hooks into the place. Land matters greatly to some people, including Mr. Beene, apparently.  Sometimes a sale, even for a good price, bothers a person. Hoping Mr. Beene is content with how things turned out. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Curious there was a failed (?) contingency sale just before the crash.  Just glad to know that Mr. Lara (RF) didn’t get his hooks into the place

Oh WOW! Thank you for noticing this because it’s *possible* Gwen/Joe really were trying to get their hands on the Beene ranch! Here’s why:

The below rural property — Porters Branch road — is one Gwen got in her divorce. And it was listed for sale for $1.5 million on 5/13 — right  *before* the crash! And, the sale with contingencies on the Beene ranch was 5/10 — coincidence?!?! Was Gwen trying to sell off her property in an attempt get the Beene ranch? Quite possibly!

Not sure when Beene was interviewed. But him talking in the documentary about them wanting it, and saying he’d really make them pay for it suggests that they actually could have been working on a deal.

If that’s true (and not complete circumstantial evidence!), then that is another way the timing of the crash was significant!  The Laras did not get their clutches on Beene’s ranch, and there will be no Life with Gwen and Joe episodes of her playing Pioneer Woman and Joe playing cowboy.

CD6C3E52-A538-40C2-8437-4BA0DB0404BC.jpeg

13700225-5861-4B95-BD53-4D68F2C8B1C5.jpeg

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

I wonder if Gwen encouraged the divorce so Joe could get that ranch. It sort of sounds that way. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I wonder if Gwen encouraged the divorce so Joe could get that ranch. It sort of sounds that way. 

After re-watching TWD and hearing stuff I’d missed, the first time: wouldn’t have put it past her!  Mr. Beene says in TWD that his son called and said, “Gwen’s just got a divorce so Mom is gonna want one, too!”  Who the heck knows. What a bunch. 

• Upvote 11

Bob Beene’s reaction when wife Cherie left. This was posted to Reddit a while back.

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 12

2 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

Bob Beene’s reaction when wife Cherie left. This was posted to Reddit a while back.

I read that thread on Reddit, which included some interesting reports about Gwen and Joe partying at Nashville clubs. I hadn’t seen any comments about that before.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

Our own @cookingbutterchicken appears in that sub!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

Thanks for this! I had seen that post and wondered whether or not that was situated on his ranch. I felt really sad for him, because it sounds like he really loved his wife.

On another note...hubby and I drove by the billboard today. It was really nice to see it in such close proximity to the church.

Edited by freefromthin
spelling
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

They are having a testimony service again at Remnant. They have the most awesome and blessed lives. 

And fun, don't forget how much fun they have...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, rabbitholejulie said:

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO TYPE THAT!!!! The new phrase is "It's so fun!"

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, rabbitholejulie said:

And how superior their church is to every other.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

And how superior their church is to every other.

Cause ONLY in THAT PLACE have they learned...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, rabbitholejulie said:

If you repeat a lie enough, people think it's true. The illusory truth effect.  Turn away!!!

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Heard from a someone today that the service's mood was off. They had the security out front checking cars. Inside it was much quieter than usual and not filling up with people, attendance appeared to be down.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 11

47 minutes ago, BrokenWings270 said:

Heard from a someone today that the service's mood was off. They had the security out front checking cars. Inside it was much quieter than usual and not filling up with people, attendance appeared to be down.

I watched it. When they asked the leaders to come on stage at the end, so many were not there. Is that standard? 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Baxsmom said:

When they asked the leaders to come on stage at the end, so many were not there. Is that standard? 

It really looked odd, like most of the families who were supposed to be on the right weren't there. Then the ones who were there spread out to fill the stage. 

Also, did you notice? No Shamblins or Hannahs there tonight, not even the kids.

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 8

37 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

It really looked odd, like most of the families who were supposed to be on the right weren't there. Then the ones who were there spread out to fill the stage. 

Also, did you notice? No Shamblins or Hannahs there tonight, not even the kids.

Right!  Usually the kids are there. It was odd especially since the doc came out and their PR machine is busy presenting this wonderful image. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

... the TRUTH ... this MESSAGE .......

Hopefully at least one or two of the members will notice that at this point they haven’t gotten much, if any, of “this message” in months to years. First Gwen checked out and phoned it in after marrying Joe, and after the crash Elizabeth hasn’t really filled the void. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

I have not watched the third segment of the documentary yet. I know of the Smith situation and the subsequent investigation from following the news at the time. Can someone please comment on how much detail is provided about the abuse and whether a sensitive person should avoid it? 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

I have not watched the third segment of the documentary yet. I know of the Smith situation and the subsequent investigation from following the news at the time. Can someone please comment on how much detail is provided about the abuse and whether a sensitive person should avoid it? 

Obviously everyone is different, but I did find that segment triggering because I intentionally don’t follow stories like that one. If you followed the story, I got the feeling that most of what was discussed was public knowledge at the time. Personally, I ended up fast forwarding through most of the first half of that episode to get past the Smith stuff and the second half of that episode moved on. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic