IGNORED

Blast from the Past ... Chelsea Pomeroy

danvillebelle

Honestly, I don't understand how she has time to pull off all this crap. I have one small child at home, can barely even keep him dressed at all, take time to grab a shower, and put three meals on the table every day. How does she have the time and energy to cosplay 1900 every single day, keep up her SAHM duties (or just regular mom stuff in general), and go to church eleventy times a week?

Edited by yeahthatsme74
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

53 minutes ago, yeahthatsme74 said:

Honestly, I don't understand how she has time to pull off all this crap. I have one small child at home, can barely even keep him dressed at all, take time to grab a shower, and put three meals on the table every day. How does she have the time and energy to cosplay 1900 every single day, keep up her SAHM duties (or just regular mom stuff in general), and go to church eleventy times a week?

It makes me wonder if that’s why she’s died it down. It’s not as extravagant as it used to be. And it doesn’t look like the girls sleep in curlers every single night now. Maybe after the precious prince was born, she felt like she could calm down a bit.

• Upvote 7

On 8/18/2021 at 8:20 PM, Caroline said:

I have a friend who still complains bitterly that her younger sister got to wear a Gunne Sax dress to her prom while my friend (the older sister)  had to wear a prom dress her mom made to the prom.  Not kidding, she's still bitter about it.

I’m not saying your friend is right for still being bitter. But yeah, I could see how this could come across as a form of favoritism that is very hard for some people to move past. I’ve seen siblings have lifelong rifts over who got the best of what growing up. Younger children saying to their siblings “I’m sorry mom and dad got better jobs when I was in high school and I got to wear brand name clothes, do you want me to write a check now for your grief?” I know one family (five kids) where the parents could only afford braces for one kid. They picked the kid with the worst teeth. 35 years later, two siblings still “blame him” because they had to pay for their own braces with the dental insurance they have through their jobs. 

• Upvote 6

Well holy shit what in the sweet hell was that rabbit hole I just fell into? And I thought the Rods were weird. My mom used to say "it takes all kinds to make up this world." That family is... I have no words. I don't know whether to laugh or go hide under my bed from the creepiness. 

• WTF 1
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, yeahthatsme74 said:

I suspect she has a lot of help. Nannies, housekeeping, cooking, etc. It’s quite obvious money is no object. The hired help just doesn’t show up in her carefully curated pictures. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, postscript said:

I suspect she has a lot of help. Nannies, housekeeping, cooking, etc. It’s quite obvious money is no object. The hired help just doesn’t show up in her carefully curated pictures. 

This always bothers me so much when it comes to perfect mommies on social media. It’s easy to be perfect when you have all the money to pay others for perfection. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

So I did a little calculating. There were 34 unique outfits posted in 2021. Now, I assume she posts most if not all of the outfits she buys them because I imagine she would find it a "waste" not to. So that is 34 outfits times 5 kids  =170 outfits. Now lets assume that each outfit is 100 dollars (not sure if that is a good guess?) this means that she spent 17,000 on outfits last year. 

Now, I do think I remember her saying that she sells them when she is done. So maybe she can get a chunk of that back. 

There is absolutely no way her husband makes a ton of money if he is simply the head of their small private school. Or not enough anyway to spend 17,000 on his kids clothes every year. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Well holy shit what in the sweet hell was that rabbit hole I just fell into? And I thought the Rods were weird. My mom used to say "it takes all kinds to make up this world." That family is... I have no words. I don't know whether to laugh or go hide under my bed from the creepiness. 

So much this! I had forgotten just how odd these photos strike me, in a way I can't put my finger on. All I can think about is "what is the sweet baby Jesus kinda mess is this?!?"

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, SisterCupcake said:

So much this! I had forgotten just how odd these photos strike me, in a way I can't put my finger on. All I can think about is "what is the sweet baby Jesus kinda mess is this?!?"

These photos strike me as very “Stepford family”. Also, like the families you’d see in picture books from the 1940’s-1950’s. They radiating that “perfect nuclear family” ideal. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

As badly as I feel for Chelsea's children, I am always delighted when a) her Instagram is public and b) when people discover her. 

Also, while dressed ridiculously and forced to live a bizzare life, these children do always appear healthy, to have individual personalities and are getting to attend an in-person school. I have zero hope for the quality of their education and for them not being brainwashed, but at the very least they are getting to develop social skills and interact with their peers. 

Would you rather be a Pomeroy or a Rodrigues? Spoiled, dressed crazily, travelling on nice trips and apparently wealthy is preferable to malnourished, dressed crazily and living in a barndominium with Jill jealous-fit-throwing-lunatic Rodrigues. Both sets of children have to constantly perform for their mother's cameras.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

Oh, Pomeroy, easily. Their church looks fun, with dancing and kid activities and a special youth group. Their parties and food are amazing. They have toys, actual music lessons, trips, etc. And from how they reference changing clothes before/after a photo shoot I don’t think they wear those outfits all the time, just two or three times a week - twice to church and if they go somewhere special. The kids have friends who look like a nice bunch, friends outside their family, and close relationships with adults. Their mother has a really, really, really weird hobby that overtakes most of their lives but unlike most of the fundies we follow here I don’t think the kids are actually hurt or neglected in any way. They don’t seem to follow any COVID precautions and never even isolated in the spring of 2020 like everyone else did, but they probably got vaccinated and will probably vaccinate their kids.

Also, I hope the Instagram is always non private because…..I can’t help it….. I just *love* looking at them. They really are adorable. 

• Upvote 13

Holy shit thank you all for introducing me to this circus.... I have so many thoughts and questions but first and foremost

can she please brush out her daughters' curls???

drives me insane when people forget to brush it out. also her baby boy reminds me of the animated version of prince george from HBO's awful cartoon series (but if he were planning some white collar crime)

image.png.4e77e544974ee5dd1bc4137bb9a5eb1b.png

• Haha 5

Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus, EVERYTHING in that house is blue and white! Their outfits, the ornaments on the tree, even the fucking wrapping paper on the Christmas gifts! And yet, my most WTF moment is with the bone-shaped drinking cups. Were those in keeping with the puppy birthday gift?

For those who wonder how they can afford all this, I suspect one or both of the Pomeroys did a much better job than most of us of choosing their grandparents.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, anachronistic said:

Oh, Pomeroy, easily. Their church looks fun, with dancing and kid activities and a special youth group.

I look at the Pomroys dressed up and the formal church building and tend to think of worship  as very staid, but there's music and speaking in tongues so maybe they really let loose in their church services.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, fundieundies said:

Holy shit thank you all for introducing me to this circus.... I have so many thoughts and questions but first and foremost

can she please brush out her daughters' curls???

drives me insane when people forget to brush it out. also her baby boy reminds me of the animated version of prince george from HBO's awful cartoon series (but if he were planning some white collar crime)

image.png.4e77e544974ee5dd1bc4137bb9a5eb1b.png

She doesn’t even have to brush the curls. She could just separate them and they would look better. 

• Upvote 5

On 1/9/2022 at 3:43 AM, Smee said:

I can’t look away… they had a personalised doormat that said “the Pomeroy family supports Trump”. They appear to sleep in ankle length white nightgowns. George’s full name is George Oliver Theodore but then they also named the dog Theodore.

Also, this Mother’s Day post:

22476A96-2EE8-4CAD-8E47-D455D6F3DABF.jpeg.d00c51cc7a106491cdf85146e8c3006f.jpeg

Are some of those her sister’s kids? Or I’d that the other stuff of the family. The boys get jeans…

NGL, I have on occasion dressed my daughters in frilly handmade matching dresses. But 95% of the time they wear t-shirts and skirts or leggings or shorts.

I also recall these sorts of outfits from my (early 90s) childhood, minus the curlers and bonnets. I definitely had some white knee socks with little ribbon bows on the side to wear with dresses and Mary Jane shoes. Thanks Mum!

I wore a lot of 90s Victorian as well. The difference is I loved it. 

On 1/9/2022 at 11:56 AM, Mama Mia said:

Interestingly, there are several photos of Georgie and the littlest girl  playing with a dolls house, him holding baby dolls etc - and in the comments there is always someone saying “get that boy a truck!” or “ he’s going to be a sissy!” And then Mama having to jump in and say “oh, he’s all boy, he just likes to play with his sister, usually he holds the doll upside down ha ha “ or similar. And other commenters saying he’s just learning to be a good Christian daddy, husband, etc. 

The clothes and the posing and the just everything are certainly a trip. It’s like they live inside a catalog. I am most amazed by the fancy printed breakfast menus for things like first day of school. And she does seem to acknowledge their personalities some despite the over-the-top everything. But it kind of reads like character sketches in a story - the oldest is the anxious perfectionist, the next doesn’t like school but loves donuts  and sweets  (her room is amazing-it looks like candy land) and the little siblings. Littlest girl wants to stay a baby and is a stubborn charmer…

It’s like she had a series of children’s books from a rich family in 1910 and just willed it to life. 

(because OBVIOUSLY I have zero things that urgently need doing, and am not at all procrastinating by going down yet another deep dive into the lives of people I didn’t know existed until yesterday. ) 

The mom could make a killing as a wedding planner 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Gee she really likes the name Theodore! 
761DBE4D-CDA6-4072-BACF-236B3E28750B.jpeg.71f062d00e5ce362073b1606d3c0431a.jpeg

So that’s three dogs and a boy child all with Theodore in the name.

Edited by Smee
  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

So I really like the second daughter. I have a lot of hope for her- she seems really spunky. There are also the most pictures of her NOT dressed in crazy outfits. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Smee said:

Gee she really likes the name Theodore! 
761DBE4D-CDA6-4072-BACF-236B3E28750B.jpeg.71f062d00e5ce362073b1606d3c0431a.jpeg

So that’s three dogs and a boy child all with Theodore in the name.

I was going to write this in my post - but I got distracted and forgot 🤣

Great minds think alike! 

I can’t see any of Chelsea’s pictures. She blocked me a couple years ago when everyone found her here and I had newly followed her. I do follow her sister. I like looking at the outfits but I would’ve hated all the fuss when I was a kid.

• Upvote 1

On 1/10/2022 at 7:55 PM, ElizaB said:

So I did a little calculating. There were 34 unique outfits posted in 2021. Now, I assume she posts most if not all of the outfits she buys them because I imagine she would find it a "waste" not to. So that is 34 outfits times 5 kids  =170 outfits. Now lets assume that each outfit is 100 dollars (not sure if that is a good guess?) this means that she spent 17,000 on outfits last year. 

Now, I do think I remember her saying that she sells them when she is done. So maybe she can get a chunk of that back. 

There is absolutely no way her husband makes a ton of money if he is simply the head of their small private school. Or not enough anyway to spend 17,000 on his kids clothes every year. 

Based off a few posts were they tag a clothing maker (and looking at accounts that tag them) they probably are gifted clothes on a not infrequent basis. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, lurkeyloo said:

Based off a few posts were they tag a clothing maker (and looking at accounts that tag them) they probably are gifted clothes on a not infrequent basis. 

She can probably get some discounts, but I highly doubt she gets those dresses for free. These are not cheap dresses made of cheap fabric (like the kind of clothes Websters girls wear), there is far more job and money behind Pomeroy clothes. Plus these are not made in factories that sew hundreds of dresses every day, so I doubt the company is giving a lot of samples for free.

Oh my eyes! What sort of fresh hell is all this?

I have so many words but so little time...that poor boy-child having to wear those awful bonnets nearly all the time.

She is only one step down from that batty woman that used a ton of wedding dresses to make a Christmas tree and decorate her dining chairs.

I'm going back in, wish me - and my eyes -  luck.

• Haha 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic