IGNORED

Blast from the Past ... Chelsea Pomeroy

danvillebelle

On 8/20/2021 at 9:46 AM, anachronistic said:

I googled ‘Pentecostal fashion’ to see what popped up and if this site is any indication, Pentecostals are judgy as anything. https://apostolicclothing.com/blogs/news/what-not-to-wear-to-a-wedding-party-1

I went clicky, and one of my shopping extensions popped up about five warnings, lol. I should have written them down before closing, but basically: this may be a risky seller, customers do not have high satisfaction, and so on. 

I am further amused because I was sure that I recognized the style of wording as classic 'company from China writing product descriptions in English.' Sure enough, they post a Georgia address, but the About Us says that they are located in both Asia and the United States, and your order may come from either location. I'm going to venture a guess that most will ship from Asia. 

A few enlightening excerpts: 

Mini dresses: The short length of the dress (slightly above the knees) is a sign of the vulgarity and excessive sexuality of the girl. With such an outfit, you will demonstrate your availability.

Wearing white: In such an outfit, you will look ridiculous and stupid in the eyes of other guests

Full skirt and corset: Such outfits . . . can demonstrate your bad taste . . . you will look strange 

Too open and vulgar dress:  A dress that strongly emphasizes the charms of the figure will emphasize not only your sexuality but also promiscuity.

They have other entries on their blog, but they don't all appear to be as wonderfully bonkers as the wedding post. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

On 8/14/2021 at 6:56 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Chelsea's husband worked for the FBI. Maybe he has changed his job recently?

No that’s her sister’s husband. Chelsea’s use to work in real estate/finance but soooo strangely over a year ago became the principal at Calvary academy. Does he even have an education degree? Any experience in schools, as a teacher, or as administration in schools? Do they not care about that? It’s about 10-15 kids per year so a small school but K3-12. 
I follow a huge amount of them after my obsession began around early 2016. 
And no one still knows what happens with Chelsea and her sister Nicole. They had a falling out, the girls still sometimes see each other on play dates (& go to the same school) but gosh it must be strange for them. I am DYING to know. Like if any fundies who know are trawling this thread PM me. 

Edited by Milly-Molly-Mandy
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

No that’s her sister’s husband

Thank you! Do you know if he is a FBI boss? I find it amazing that someone working in the FBI has such a luxurious way of life. If I remember correctly, their house was very beautiful and the girls had new fancy clothes all the time, nice holidays, etc. But maybe he was high in the FBI organisation. Or maybe they aren't that rich and I'm mixing Nicole and Chelsea's lives.

Just now, Melissa1977 said:

Thank you! Do you know if he is a FBI boss? I find it amazing that someone working in the FBI has such a luxurious way of life. If I remember correctly, their house was very beautiful and the girls had new fancy clothes all the time, nice holidays, etc. But maybe he was high in the FBI organisation. Or maybe they aren't that rich and I'm mixing Nicole and Chelsea's lives.

You’re definitely not. Nicole has this amazing new build house, huge pool and girls are always dressed immaculately and expensively. 
I think they live in a low COL area (Sherwood Little Rock AR) so for only 700K you can get a mansion. Ie (NOT their house but similar):

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Sherwood_AR

So let’s say he earns $150-200K a year then that is a great income in that area. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/14/2021 at 4:30 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

fundie protestant is wide category. The Pomeroys are pentacostal which a branch of charismatics. Charismatics include the Catholic Charismatic renewal, Pentacostals, Assemblies of God,  Joel Osteen's nondenominational Charismatic church, etc. 

The Rods, Duggars, Bates, etc. are fundie evangelical. Charismatics are about feelings; their services tend to be very emotional. The IFB/evangelical crowd tend to think of themselves as more scripture-based. The Evangelicals and the Charismatics don't really get along. I once saw a video where JB Duggar throwing shade at Charismatics. 

The funny part is despite the denominational differences all fundies tend to believe the same things like have lots of kids, women should be obedient, etc. 

The Pomeroys are actually Oneness Pentecostals who are non-Trinitarian. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

36 minutes ago, Marserin said:

The Pomeroys are actually Oneness Pentecostals who are non-Trinitarian. 

Thank you, I don't really follow the Pomeroys, so I didn't know that. It does show how much variation there is between protestants, even in the same denomination and groups. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...

OMG I'm lacking words ... other than children of The Shining vibe from the two youngest girls!

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

That dog looks like it's praying that she doesn't start dressing them up too.

• Haha 6

That poor dog does appear to primarily exist as a photo prop, complete with bow. Also, what’s with the monogrammed bum bib things on the back of George’s onesies?

The school website says you MUST attend the church to go to the school. Is this common? We have highly religious Christian private schools where no atheist would ever send their child, and they’re often formally attached to a particular church but plenty (most) students attend other churches. If 30 students are not vaccinated and that makes up 9% of the school there must only be 300-350 students total. That sounds very small for a school that goes preschool to grade 12.

• Upvote 2

Hard eye roll on the American Girl store posting. Ofc her two year old wasn't interested in dolls because he is a BOY don't you know???? He is 2 for God's sake. My son at two years old would have loved an American Girl doll store because there's so much stuff to see! They're two for crying out loud! Unless forced on them by parents they don't understand the gender roles thing and even at 2 I'd expect him to be excited about the store and the special occasion with his sisters and honestly I bet he was. But OFC she had to write he was excited for the bistro NOT the dolls. What a bitch.

Edited by zee_four
  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

I can’t look away… they had a personalised doormat that said “the Pomeroy family supports Trump”. They appear to sleep in ankle length white nightgowns. George’s full name is George Oliver Theodore but then they also named the dog Theodore.

Also, this Mother’s Day post:

22476A96-2EE8-4CAD-8E47-D455D6F3DABF.jpeg.d00c51cc7a106491cdf85146e8c3006f.jpeg

Are some of those her sister’s kids? Or I’d that the other stuff of the family. The boys get jeans…

NGL, I have on occasion dressed my daughters in frilly handmade matching dresses. But 95% of the time they wear t-shirts and skirts or leggings or shorts.

I also recall these sorts of outfits from my (early 90s) childhood, minus the curlers and bonnets. I definitely had some white knee socks with little ribbon bows on the side to wear with dresses and Mary Jane shoes. Thanks Mum!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

On 8/23/2021 at 3:44 PM, katilac said:

I went clicky, and one of my shopping extensions popped up about five warnings, lol. I should have written them down before closing, but basically: this may be a risky seller, customers do not have high satisfaction, and so on. 

I am further amused because I was sure that I recognized the style of wording as classic 'company from China writing product descriptions in English.' Sure enough, they post a Georgia address, but the About Us says that they are located in both Asia and the United States, and your order may come from either location. I'm going to venture a guess that most will ship from Asia. 

A few enlightening excerpts: 

Mini dresses: The short length of the dress (slightly above the knees) is a sign of the vulgarity and excessive sexuality of the girl. With such an outfit, you will demonstrate your availability.

Wearing white: In such an outfit, you will look ridiculous and stupid in the eyes of other guests

Full skirt and corset: Such outfits . . . can demonstrate your bad taste . . . you will look strange 

Too open and vulgar dress:  A dress that strongly emphasizes the charms of the figure will emphasize not only your sexuality but also promiscuity.

They have other entries on their blog, but they don't all appear to be as wonderfully bonkers as the wedding post. 

The sisters posted a 60s style Jackie O/Chanel inspired wool suit with a skirt and a weird ruffle on the jacket at the hip level. The skirt was about an inch or so past the knees and she labeled it as a mini skirt LOL.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Smee said:

Are some of those her sister’s kids? Or I’d that the other stuff of the family. The boys get jeans…

In the picture, there are Chelsea's children, Nicole's children and some other children (I assume they are another sibling children). Poor Nicole's eldest, who is taller than her own grandparents, still dressed as a doll.

30 minutes ago, zee_four said:

Ofc her two year old wasn't interested in dolls because he is a BOY don't you know???? He is 2 for God's sake. My son at two years old would have loved an American Girl doll store because there's so much stuff to see!

I have 2 children, 1 loved dolls and the other ignored them. Of course they could choose whatever kind of toy they liked, so no big deal. Sadly, I hope Little George doesn't like dolls, because he will be punished for sure! What amazes me is that Chelsea wants a manly son, but dresses him with those outfits and probably doesn't let him run and get dirty, so the poor kid receives contradictory messages.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

That dog looks like it's praying that she doesn't start dressing them up too.

I'm still laughing at this. 

I wonder if the younger girl cousins get hand me downs from Chelsea's girls. 

The dynamic of the two kids on the left in the Mother's Day photo posted by @Smee is interesting.  Calm (?) seeming older sister has a very firm grip on her younger brother, who's obviously very high energy. 

Screenshot 2022-01-09 7.35.39 AM.png

Edited by Howl
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Howl said:

I'm still laughing at this. 

I wonder if the younger girl cousins get hand me downs from Chelsea's girls. 

The dynamic of the two kids on the left in the Mother's Day photo posted by @Smee is interesting.  Calm (?) seeming older sister has a very firm grip on her younger brother, who's obviously very high energy. 

Screenshot 2022-01-09 7.35.39 AM.png

What’s funny is that’s not her brother. He must be her cousin. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

44 minutes ago, Howl said:

They are cousins or relatives, but not siblings. The girl is Nicole's eldest. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Omg, Instagram public again, there went my morning.

I wonder if the girls miss wearing colors besides blue, white, and the occasional green. Pink and yellow used to be used frequently. Not anymore. Even George’s toys are color coded. I’ve never seen a blue and white play tool bench or rocking horse before. Even the play train is in muted colors. Ew. 

Every year they get special back to school outfits and purses and take pictures of them in their outfits….then they go to a school that requires *uniforms*. Good grief.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

It's a New Year's gift! Chelsea's Instagram went public for five minutes.  I could spend hours browsing her photos.

Looks like little has changed.  The oldest seems a bit glum in the most recent pictures. Maybe, as a teenager, she's finally tiring of playing dress-up doll with her sisters. Perhaps she (gasp!) wants to pick her own clothes. I wouldn't be surprised if she's also expected to set a good example and keep the younger ones in line. That's a heavy load to lay on any kid.

In her quest to be both color-coded across all her kids and gender-coded for the lone male, nearly all of their clothes are now blue. Heaven forbid he wear pink! The gender-coding seems ironic, given that George's rompers, knee socks and bonnets are only marginally less feminine than his sisters' overtrimmed dresses.  Someday he'll wish this Instagram never existed. I can't help wondering how she'll dress him once he outgrows the rompers. Will she go for a British schoolboy look with shorts and sweaters, or will she allow him to wear jeans and khakis? 

At least she seems to have backed off on the tight curls. 

Even George's toys have his name emblazoned on them. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

In the picture, there are Chelsea's children, Nicole's children and some other children (I assume they are another sibling children). Poor Nicole's eldest, who is taller than her own grandparents, still dressed as a doll.

I have 2 children, 1 loved dolls and the other ignored them. Of course they could choose whatever kind of toy they liked, so no big deal. Sadly, I hope Little George doesn't like dolls, because he will be punished for sure! What amazes me is that Chelsea wants a manly son, but dresses him with those outfits and probably doesn't let him run and get dirty, so the poor kid receives contradictory messages.

Interestingly, there are several photos of Georgie and the littlest girl  playing with a dolls house, him holding baby dolls etc - and in the comments there is always someone saying “get that boy a truck!” or “ he’s going to be a sissy!” And then Mama having to jump in and say “oh, he’s all boy, he just likes to play with his sister, usually he holds the doll upside down ha ha “ or similar. And other commenters saying he’s just learning to be a good Christian daddy, husband, etc. 

The clothes and the posing and the just everything are certainly a trip. It’s like they live inside a catalog. I am most amazed by the fancy printed breakfast menus for things like first day of school. And she does seem to acknowledge their personalities some despite the over-the-top everything. But it kind of reads like character sketches in a story - the oldest is the anxious perfectionist, the next doesn’t like school but loves donuts  and sweets  (her room is amazing-it looks like candy land) and the little siblings. Littlest girl wants to stay a baby and is a stubborn charmer…

It’s like she had a series of children’s books from a rich family in 1910 and just willed it to life. 

(because OBVIOUSLY I have zero things that urgently need doing, and am not at all procrastinating by going down yet another deep dive into the lives of people I didn’t know existed until yesterday. ) 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I read here before I looked at her Instagram and I was surprised to see that she has somewhat attempted to make her oldest daughter actually have a somewhat "older" version of the outfits. 

I will say I absolutely love looking at these outfits; however, it is the exact opposite of how I dress my kids. I had good intentions this Christmas and even bought some cute outfits. Then when I went to put a dress on my daughter she was like- mom can I just wear jeans? No one cares. And I was like- yeah you are absolutely right. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

What seems unbearably sad -- the girls being denied any access to sports. No active life.  No walking, running, volleyball, basketball, tennis and certainly no swimming. 

I just spent a minute noodling around on the church's web site. This is the sum total of information about the school: 

Calvary Academy is the educational ministry of the First Pentecostal Church. CA is home to world-class education—spiritually and naturally. We use A Beka and Saxon curricula. Our programs begin at age 2 and extend to the 12th grade. Enrollment is limited to members of FPC. For more information, please call the school office: 501-753-0001.

So...world class education with canned curricula?  And what does "naturally" reference?

Legally, they are required to post vaccination information about the student body. 

In accordance with ACT 676 Vaccination Exemption Report:

Number of students within the public or private school who have been granted from the Department of Health an exemption from the requirement to obtain one (1) or more vaccinations as required by state law. 24

24 students is 7% of the student body, so they are mostly vaxxed. 

And the physical church, which was built around 2001, screams wealthy southern white people worship here eleventy!!!!!! 

Screenshot 2022-01-10 7.35.57 AM.png

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

Their outfits are so bland now compared to previous years. They used to have outrageously ruffled, patterned exclamatory outfits in all sorts of colors. Now it’s just blue and white, blue and white, with a touch of brown. I wonder if the older girls miss being able to wear bright pink and bright yellow and purple. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, anachronistic said:

I wonder if the older girls miss being able to wear bright pink and bright yellow and purple. 

I wonder how they dress in their non public facing lives. 

There's something so "upper class Southern ladies dress just so" and are ALWAYS perfectly put  together in public vibe going on.   Chelsea is harkening back to the perfectly coiffed, make up perfect, weekly hairdresser appt, purse and gloves, nylons and pumps.  And an even earlier time: "Why, spring cotillions and coming out balls are just around the corner!  Lawzamercy, It's time for the girls to buy ball gowns and start thinking about beaux."  

Somewhat literally, but their red-brick house, they way they dress, the church building itself is an attempt to harken back to genteel and romanticized Southernern-ness that never really existed.   Y'all might be able to tell that this whole thing rubs me the wrong way.

I do hope that in spite of all the superficial crazy, that Chelsea loves her children deeply and the dress up shtick is just her personal idiosyncrasy and she's not a hopelessly compulsive neurotic. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic