IGNORED

Blast from the Past ... Chelsea Pomeroy

danvillebelle

7 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

did a quick google search and found out Daddy Pomeroy is the principal of the private school run out of their church. 

Chelsea's husband worked for the FBI. Maybe he has changed his job recently?

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

So now I'm left pondering on this hot smoky day: Is it better to be a Rod kid, getting dirty and not have to worry about your clothes getting trashed because they were ratty when you put them on, or  a Pomeroy kid, wearing ridiculous outfits, not being allowed to get dirty ever, and not just having to smile for mama's camera but to pose over and over again until she gets her perfect shots?

As Stevehovah would say, something to think about.

Pomeroys go to school, have food, car seats, doctors, toys, books, etc. They wear coats in winter and sandals in summer... It is a weird family, but they are better than Rods for sure. We have seen Rod babies in winter clothes in summer and children in flipflops in winter for hiking, lack of food and very dangerous situations. And Rods have to smile when mama takes pictures, same as Pomeroys and only can get dirty when mama says so. It is not that Rods play free on the countryside, they are highly controlled by Jill.

• Upvote 18

On my list of fundies from best to worst, the Rods are always near the bottom. So other fundies being better than them isn’t that hard to achieve. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7

I think I vaguely remember her from when her insta was public years ago, did anyone ever work out why she fell out so spectacularly with her sister and why the girls didn't seem to be allowed to visit their cousins (or am I confusing her with someone else)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

She had a sister with one less daughter I believe, who dressed them nearly the same. One with a double name too (Emma Kate maybe?). 

It actually looks like she’s relaxing the girl’s hair styles a little. Hello traction alopecia! 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Insertwittiernamehere said:

I think I vaguely remember her from when her insta was public years ago, did anyone ever work out why she fell out so spectacularly with her sister and why the girls didn't seem to be allowed to visit their cousins (or am I confusing her with someone else)

No. I think I had a speculation bus guess. It seemed to me if had to do with one of them thinking she was having a boy and was surprised with another girl. It was around that time that they fell out so I always thought maybe it had to do with that. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Chelsea's husband worked for the FBI. Maybe he has changed his job recently?

I thought he was a real estate investor. In fact, at one point I found his website and such.

I wonder if she is still feuding her sister, who is just like her.  They both sell these awful outfits when they are done with them, btw.

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No. I think I had a speculation bus guess. It seemed to me if had to do with one of them thinking she was having a boy and was surprised with another girl. It was around that time that they fell out so I always thought maybe it had to do with that. 

I thought it was something bigger than that, having to do with their competition over the clothes. But I cannot remember.

• Upvote 3

Nicole Randle is the sister. Her Instagram was just as nuts but is private now. You can see her kids in some pics at her resale site, which looks like it hasn’t been updated in years. https://www.instagram.com/closetofthe_quints/?hl=en

Also I just spent WAY too many hours today engrossed in Chelsea’s Instagram. I was determined to find out if, indeed, the kids dress that way all the time. Going back 3 years (I didn’t have much to do today but I also left dishes in the sink) I….still can’t figure it out. I have determined that their style isn’t *that* over the top for their particular culture. Other girls look similarly attired, if not quite as dressy, as the Pomeroys.

I just…..they just….I just can’t stop looking! They’re so cute! The dresses! The bonnets! The bows! They are Ginny dolls come to life! They are American Girl dolls in real form! Angela from The Office would beg to be adopted by her. And maybe Chelsea has brainwashed them deeply enough that they honestly don’t know that their lifestyle is unusual? I don’t know.

I do suspect that her precious Georgie may rebel and get into casual clothes much, much sooner than his sisters, for the simple reason that as the only and youngest boy, he’ll be spoiled rotten and if he really takes a stand against monogrammed duck appliqués at five or six he may well get regular chinos and collared shirts instead.

It is interesting to me how Chelsea may not seem to change but she definitely has, a tiny bit. The girls hairstyles are a lot more relaxed than in previous years, the older girls get their own style, and where they used to wear a variety of colors now it’s really just blue and white (unless it’s a holiday.) I find all of the outfits absolutely delightful….but I’d never be mean enough to subject a living kid to them, unless the kid genuinely wanted to be a model or actor or play dress up. Even then, a Madam Alexander doll would be a much better choice.

Chelsea’s husband absolutely must have family money if she doesn’t. I think his parents live nearby, maybe even in walking distance, because they seem to take care of the kids a lot and have taken them shopping. I need to go learn more about Pentecostals now because my mind just has SO many questions still like what’s with the monograms? They mean stuff can’t be passed down plus they make it seem like they don’t know their own kids names. And the bonnets? And the *petticoats* for crying out loud? Do her kids not ever wear sneakers? 

JRod has obviously never heard of this family because she’d abandon the Baptist’s in a second if it meant her kids could look half so good. (Which they never will, unfortunately, because for all the caffeine the Pomeroy kids get they are obviously very physically healthy.)

• Upvote 13

8 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

Nicole Randle is the sister. Her Instagram was just as nuts but is private now. You can see her kids in some pics at her resale site, which looks like it hasn’t been updated in years. https://www.instagram.com/closetofthe_quints/?hl=en

Also I just spent WAY too many hours today engrossed in Chelsea’s Instagram. I was determined to find out if, indeed, the kids dress that way all the time. Going back 3 years (I didn’t have much to do today but I also left dishes in the sink) I….still can’t figure it out. I have determined that their style isn’t *that* over the top for their particular culture. Other girls look similarly attired, if not quite as dressy, as the Pomeroys.

I just…..they just….I just can’t stop looking! They’re so cute! The dresses! The bonnets! The bows! They are Ginny dolls come to life! They are American Girl dolls in real form! Angela from The Office would beg to be adopted by her. And maybe Chelsea has brainwashed them deeply enough that they honestly don’t know that their lifestyle is unusual? I don’t know.

I do suspect that her precious Georgie may rebel and get into casual clothes much, much sooner than his sisters, for the simple reason that as the only and youngest boy, he’ll be spoiled rotten and if he really takes a stand against monogrammed duck appliqués at five or six he may well get regular chinos and collared shirts instead.

It is interesting to me how Chelsea may not seem to change but she definitely has, a tiny bit. The girls hairstyles are a lot more relaxed than in previous years, the older girls get their own style, and where they used to wear a variety of colors now it’s really just blue and white (unless it’s a holiday.) I find all of the outfits absolutely delightful….but I’d never be mean enough to subject a living kid to them, unless the kid genuinely wanted to be a model or actor or play dress up. Even then, a Madam Alexander doll would be a much better choice.

Chelsea’s husband absolutely must have family money if she doesn’t. I think his parents live nearby, maybe even in walking distance, because they seem to take care of the kids a lot and have taken them shopping. I need to go learn more about Pentecostals now because my mind just has SO many questions still like what’s with the monograms? They mean stuff can’t be passed down plus they make it seem like they don’t know their own kids names. And the bonnets? And the *petticoats* for crying out loud? Do her kids not ever wear sneakers? 

JRod has obviously never heard of this family because she’d abandon the Baptist’s in a second if it meant her kids could look half so good. (Which they never will, unfortunately, because for all the caffeine the Pomeroy kids get they are obviously very physically healthy.)

She’s over the top for her Pentecostal group. Yes, the adult women do their hair in fancy updos, wear expensive fancy shoes and carry nice handbags. But from what I’ve noticed, they don’t go as fancy on their kids as Chelsea. Monograms are more of a southern thing. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

I can't tell you the joy I got from finding out her Instagram was public again. I blame covid because clearly I have no life 😁.  I find Chelsea so fascinating. The clothes are kind of fabulous although some of it is just ugly. I could see putting daughter in some of that stuff maybe for special occasions but certainly not all the time. Kids should wear comfortable clothes. I should mention that my daughter is 2.

I am happy to see that she has toned down the hairstyles because it made my scalp hurt just looking at those poor little girls and that very tightly done hair. 

There must be family money somewhere because how could they afford thus incredibly nice looking life on what her husband makes as the principal of the school. Either that or they are up to their eyeballs in debt.

• Upvote 10

10 hours ago, Ali said:

Here is the picture from the "Make Birthdays Great Again" party.

741B65BF-276D-4C02-A5BD-84F7CCC20E8D.png

My 6th grader would hate it if I made her dress like her oldest.

I had no idea you could still get the fabric her dress and his shirt are made from. Yay 80s!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

Oh, I definitely agree that some of the dresses are objectively beautiful.  I've always had a Ma from Little House streak in me and I actually wore old-fashioned dresses for a few years when my kids were little.  My girls did wear dresses almost all the time when they were wee ones, but they were comfy, cotton knit Lands' End and Hanna Andersson dresses, and they were allowed to do anything and everything in them.  One of my favorite images I hold in my mind of my youngest is her sitting in the dirt around age 6, digging and talking to our chickens, in her favorite pink eyelet skirt and sparkly t-shirt.

It's the complete over the top-ness to me with Chelsea that I find off-putting.  It's not just the clothing...all the shoes match, all the accessories and purses and bows match or are perfectly coordinated.  It's bizarre for kids those ages IMO.

• Upvote 14

When my daughter was around 9 years old, I ordered her an empire waisted jumper and a long sleeved white dress to go under it. A ruffle of white showed below the jumper. I thought it was adorably old fashioned. She HATED it! I got her to wear it once. She wore the jumper part with a normal shirt a few times more. And she was a pretty compliant kid who liked wearing dresses. She would never have survived as a Pomeroy.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, anachronistic said:

Her Instagram was just as nuts but is private now.

Some of those pics have a strong "Series of Unfortunate Events" vibe. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 20

Poor Mary Grace. 13 years old and still having to dress to match her baby brother. I bet she's glad their school has uniforms.

• Upvote 12

7 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I thought he was a real estate investor. In fact, at one point I found his website and such.

I wonder if she is still feuding her sister, who is just like her.  They both sell these awful outfits when they are done with them, btw.

I don't remember who he was, but there was a FBI employee in the family. Now I wonder if her was the husband of the sister? It amazed me because their way of life was way too extravagant for a public worker IMO.

I don't know why the sisters fell apart, but I have the feeling that Chelsea is not very nice... My opinion is based in pictures, so I can be wrong, but between her mega-extra-perfectonism and her bitchy face... It was sad for their parents, who seem to be caring.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s over the top for her Pentecostal group. Yes, the adult women do their hair in fancy updos, wear expensive fancy shoes and carry nice handbags. But from what I’ve noticed, they don’t go as fancy on their kids as Chelsea. Monograms are more of a southern thing. 

Yeah they are both way over the top for their group. You and I both are/were geographically close to regions with southern Pentecostal groups and what the sisters do to their kids is not typical. Pentecostal women do not cut their hair and are skirts only. They are also further to the right than Southern Baptists and speaking in tongues is central to the theology.

@Melissa1977 I do not remember an FBI agent at all but there is only so much Fundie I can retain! It would not be typical for an FBI agent to stay in his hometown and never move; in fact, it just would not happen. And agents have to have a minimum of a bachelors degree from a properly accredited university. In fact, many of them are lawyers or former military officers. 

• Upvote 9

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

On my list of fundies from best to worst, the Rods are always near the bottom. So other fundies being better than them isn’t that hard to achieve. 

I have often wondered which would be worst; fundie protestant (Rod- independent baptist style), fundie catholic or fundie mormonism 🤔 If I had to choose between those worlds which would be at the bottom.

Edited by Carrots
  • Upvote 7

20 minutes ago, Carrots said:

I have often wondered which would be worst; fundie protestant (Rod- independent baptist style), fundie catholic or fundie mormonism 🤔 If I had to choose between those worlds which would be at the bottom.

fundie protestant is wide category. The Pomeroys are pentacostal which a branch of charismatics. Charismatics include the Catholic Charismatic renewal, Pentacostals, Assemblies of God,  Joel Osteen's nondenominational Charismatic church, etc. 

The Rods, Duggars, Bates, etc. are fundie evangelical. Charismatics are about feelings; their services tend to be very emotional. The IFB/evangelical crowd tend to think of themselves as more scripture-based. The Evangelicals and the Charismatics don't really get along. I once saw a video where JB Duggar throwing shade at Charismatics. 

The funny part is despite the denominational differences all fundies tend to believe the same things like have lots of kids, women should be obedient, etc. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

39 minutes ago, Carrots said:

It may be different in the US, but at least in Europe, fundie catholic go to acredited schools and encourage children to have careers in fields like medecine or law, and grifting is not an option, never ever. Girls included. It makes them better than baptist independent groups IMO.

Edit to add that I think it is better for the children, because they are prepared for the future and because women can have jobs, too. This said, it is dangerous for the society, because it means fundies in powerful positions in law.

Edited by Melissa1977
Add information
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

She does seem to have a mean streak. This is from April 5. Some of the kids were crying or clearly distressed, as they sat on a bench with ducks walking nearby. (I can't figure out how to post a picture.)

Saturday we had Easter pictures made, thought we’d keep it simple....just two ducks, two rabbits & 5 kids😅😂😂🌪 The 3 middle children acted like they have never been around animals in their life, bailing off the bench like a mama bear was coming after them....I mean these meek little animals have been living in our backyard for several months now!🐇🐣 [...]and saintly Mary Grace she may not be the fondest of the ducks but she wouldn’t dare mess up a picture acting like those younger sisters👑 

This is from March 3. They were late and missed a flight to Maine. They had to go home and come back to the airport the next day.

Watching the girls in full fledge drama mode was almost worth the hassle of the missed flight. Mary Grace was flapping her arms saying “there’s no way I can go back home and stay another night, I’ve already made up my bed!” 🛏😂 Abigail had a river of tears flowing 😭 and Janie & Charlotte were stomping their little feet as we lugged our luggage back to the car🙃💼🧳👜🧳

Edited by MomKB
missed part of the quote
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 9

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

This said, it is dangerous for the society, because it means fundies in powerful positions in law.

Here in the US, Amy Coney Barrett's (trad Catholic) name is flashing in bright neon colors. 

I think it gets lost on people that there are multiple law schools in the US that were founded specifically to work towards conservative/fundamentalist/Dominionist government. 

• Upvote 16

Ted Cruz is a Princeton graduate. Not all fundies shun secular higher education. They may be the most dangerous as a result. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic