IGNORED

Matt Gaetz

SPHASH

43 minutes ago, apple1 said:

Makes me incredibly angry, even disbelieving that 92 (I think 92) politicians voted against a bill that should have had zero nay votes.

I believe those who voted against the bill have ties to the manufacturers or the companies promised them big bucks to vote in their interests.

I mean we had a similar situation here. There was a bill that would have made lots of medication a lot cheaper - but it got gutted by our politicians because the pharma industry is big here and a lot of them have ties to or speculate on a lucrative seat in the board of directors in one of those companies after their political career.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Although most/nearly all costs are covered by our healthcare, our the insurance companies have a lot of power over what is and what isn't covered if it hasn't been mandated by law. 

My son currently has an insulin pump and a free style libre continuous glucose monitoring system. This has helped a lot with managing his diabetes. However, he often has inexplicable hypoglycemia during the night. This of course has an impact on his sleep, as he has to get up and eat something, and/or adjust his insulin pump. His hypoglycemia also negatively impacts his Hashimoto's disease. Consequentially, it frequently hinders his ability to function (i.e. work) during the day. 

His doctor and his diabetes nurse both have said that a new continuous glucose monitoring system that communicates with his insuline pump would be extremely helpful in my son's case, and they have advised the insurance company of my son's need for it. Despite this medical advice, the insurance company is still not convinced, because in their opinion his hypoglycemia isn't bad enough (so low that he loses consciousness)... They don't take his Hashimoto's into account, nor the impact on his ability to function during the day. It's been 18 months now and we're still appealing the system. 

• Love 15

2 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

His doctor and his diabetes nurse both have said that a new continuous glucose monitoring system that communicates with his insuline pump would be extremely helpful in my son's case, and they have advised the insurance company of my son's need for it.

My husband has (I hope I can say names here) the Tandem pump with the Dexcom G6 CGM. His pump gets a glucose value every 5 minute automatically. The pump does adjust insulin dosing to help keep the glucose within an acceptable range. Both the CGM and the pump have programmable alarms for significant lows and customizable highs (values you want to have alarms for). He has this info shared/authorized so that the endocrinologist's office can see what's going on if he has questions between appointments. His CGM numbers are also shared to my phone so I can know what is going on. These are all very helpful. I hope your son can get what he needs.

(Because I still work we are on health insurance through my employer, and not yet on Medicare for this. I hear Medicare can be a big pain in getting this kind of stuff).

• Upvote 9

• 2 weeks later...

Those beards gave me a childhood flashback:

Spoiler

• Haha 7

I will never understand why the Log Cabin Republicans want to hang out with people like Gaetz.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

• 3 weeks later...

He’s such a nasty pig. 

• I Agree 6

Oh Matt, if the likes of you are on bumble then I am perfectly satisfied with my college degrees going home to my quiet apartment at the end of the day and reading instead of having to wait on some misogynist like you hand and foot. I'm quite content with my life and would not want to meet anyone like you.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'm not over-educated or a millennial, but otherwise, that's me. LOL fuck you sir.

• Upvote 8

Remember this is Matt Gaetz. "Over-educated" for women, to him, means "graduated Junior High".

I'm not a millennial, but I'd definitely rather hang out with my cat than with Butt-head here. 

Heck, I'd probably rather hang out with Beavis and Butt-Head themselves. They have decent taste in music at least.

• I Agree 7

Fucking "over-educated." I don't understand how you can unironically say that learning more about something you care about is a bad thing.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

Matt is an over educated (law degree!) millenial who is oblivious to the fact that, however millenials and other cat owners feel when they get home from work, they'll be voting, but not for him.  

• I Agree 9

37 minutes ago, Howl said:

Matt is an over educated (law degree!) millenial who is oblivious to the fact that, however millenials and other cat owners feel when they get home from work, they'll be voting, but not for him.  

In the eyes of Gaetz and his ilk, only women and minorities are over educated, white males can learn as much as they want. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

On 5/4/2022 at 11:44 AM, Cartmann99 said:

Description of his wife: 

"According to her LinkedIn profile, Luckey, 26, currently works at Apeel as an Analyst and Sales Operations & Enablement lead. Her profile states that she is currently attending Harvard Business school and working towards her degree in Sustainable Business Strategy. Luckey obtained her Bachelor's degree in Economics and Accounting from the University of California at Santa Barbara."  Sounds like an awful lot of education for the likes of Gaetz. 

She's over 17, so I think it's a safe bet she's unloved by Gaetz.  She aged out about twelve years ago.  She does qualify as a millenial, as she was born in 1994.  I don't care enough to do any more research to find out whether she has pets or whether she microwaves, air fries, or instant pots the delicious meals we all enjoy when we are wanting something quick and easy before getting ready to enjoy at evening of doing whatever the hell we want.  I am not interested in what dating methods she used before she married him, but given that she married Gaetz in the thick of an investigation involving sexual conduct with children, it's not outside the realm of possibility that she wasn't very successful if she agreed to the quickie wedding in a badly fitting jumpsuit to such a buffoon.  

So I'm going to go ahead and answer his question.  Zero, Matty m'boy.  Zero.  

• Upvote 2

On 5/5/2022 at 12:42 AM, SassyPants said:

He is vile. Who votes for people like this?

Under-educated boomers.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

• 1 month later...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Matt is an asshole:

• Disgust 5
  • WTF 4

19 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Wow, there really is no low for this guy, is there?  Jamie Raskin's reflection on his son's death was absolutely heartbreaking and yet such a lovely tribute to a young man who was clearly deep in the throes of mental illness- and I emphasize ILLNESS.  What a fucking gollum Gaetz is for making such an odious comment.  I am beyond sickened.  I really hope his wife takes a look at what she married and runs away as fast as she can.  Pull a Mrs. Madison Cawthorne and file for divorce like yesterday.  There is no possible way to justify that statement.  Fuck.  

• I Agree 7

It's infuriating that we were all waiting for Matt G. to be perp walked into a police station at any moment...LAST FALL.  And he's still walking around free, saying beyond horrible things about a total mensch like Jamie Raskin.  Gaaaaaahhhhhh. 

2 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Wow, there really is no low for this guy, is there?

No, there is not.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Serious hard-core burn of Gaetz by the woman he tried (and failed) to ridicule and body shame on Twitter

What's the over/under on Gaetz having paid for one or more abortions of women he impregnated in his sleazy life?  Will he ever be charged with...anything? We've been waiting almost a year. 

On 6/9/2022 at 3:48 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

This is accurate. 

• Upvote 7

Matt needs a couple of gallons of aloe for the burns in this video. Watch through to the end...his "secret" still has me laughing.

• Upvote 4

I'm no fan of Marc Short, he is a Pence underling, but this quote is awesome:

image.png.c73e69a0865cd2268e5a0de6a88e3049.png

Here's the video:

• Upvote 5

I am amazed that a man who looks like Butthead come to life, only with a worse personality, is out there appearance shaming anyone. Look in the mirror, dude.

You'd think that someone known to "date" teen girls and allegedly a sex trafficker would try to keep his head down a bit. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Interesting thread:;

image.png.dccc14857227a90c64294ec41cc295b8.png

image.png.05f394f22b20662eb3e1f0fa3b409c5c.png

Rest of thread under spoiler:

Spoiler

image.png.3923eaaafb32561fe3a8e4f4547e7bb3.png

image.png.992a5e4e4fe6b0bfcf0a90df96d62c30.png

image.png.91840db9d0b916cc093dd9413e61c471.png

image.png.afff1de1dfe990f4b50d62c08b252853.png

image.png.2d12114e6ee9d19db763a37d083e9aa6.png