IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 17: Naschitti

samurai_sarah

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Well to be fair to Gary, ME is the correct abbreviation for Maine.

It is. I was making reference to a very early Bro Gary quote, when he posted a picture of his weens and gravy, looking bright Pepto Bismol pink, and even grosser than usual, and wrote something like  "It's the red weens in ME that make it pink."

Since he capitalizes at random, it was easy to imagine ME as "me," rather than the abbreviation for Maine, and have it sound rather obscene!

If you haven't checked out the old Bro Gary threads, I recommend it - his ability to say stupid, offensive, and totally bizarre things is like a bottomless well, forever giving.

Edited by thoughtful
accuracy
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

On 6/24/2021 at 3:26 PM, Ozlsn said:

It sounded to me like Luther was thinking of essentially one perfect day (or even afternoon) that he spent in an apple orchard, munching, reading and relaxing in warm weather. A day where he was just contentedly happy - and he didn't really know how to put it, so he described the apple orchard. I could live with heaven being where everyone is their best, contentedly happy selves - content in themselves with no need to change others.

FWIW, that describes perfectly the Wiccan Summerland. And what makes the idea of Summerland even more appealing is that there will be no fundies there. Of course, there's also no shortage of steaming arseholes practicing Wicca, so. . . .maybe I'll stick with "No afterlife, you're born you live, you die, you rot. period" after all.

• Upvote 7

On 6/24/2021 at 12:21 PM, Alisamer said:

I hope that heaven is what each person wants it to be.

I think so too.  I'm going to spend part of my time on my Granny's farm in Florida as a kid, and eating her fried chicken!  I think everyone's Heaven is different and I think everyone deserves to have their own Heaven.

On 6/24/2021 at 12:39 PM, thoughtful said:

As far as I can tell, Gary thinks the crop of "Christian" films like War Room and God is Not Dead are in the same category as churches with smokestacks and prayer teams, even though I'm pretty sure he's never seen a minute of any of them.

If you've never watched him, The Cinema Snob does reviews of these kind of movies and they are hilarious.  I one time had someone tell me that I wasn't a real Christian because I didn't like those kind of movies.  I kindly referred him to watch the Cinema Snob.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

On 6/25/2021 at 9:55 AM, thoughtful said:

We are in ME.

So Gary's been to ME - but has he ever been to Paradise?

• Haha 10

9 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Thanks for the Charlene earworm...

My brain can't retain a grocery list but it has every word of that song ready for easy access.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

Becky has posted - first thing since the Kermit meme, which was over two weeks ago.

Spoiler

image.png.4c1fb301ef35e77f713f4adcfd22af10.png

Spoiler

image.png.7e65ed81a975bf712b0ed4d062d9dc9a.png

image.png.4cabc23e688b5319f5fb4b11f870b5b3.png

image.png.8bb960392c3b0695c2ddabb0799039f3.png

Becky, a faux preacher, an MLM, and now a backyard breeder (who, based on what I can see on his Facebook page, has the most appropriate last name in the history of names) - you're batting 1000 when it comes to things you support, lady. ?

Edited by thoughtful
accuracy
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

Those puppies are adorable and I’m sure Becky would love one. Gary, on the other hand, would treat them with as much disdain as he treats his kids. Is $1100 really the going rate for golden doodles? 

So the tent meeting doesn’t start until Monday, which means they had a couple of rest days for Gary to get the tent up, hang with the pastor, and eat red weens. I’m surprised we haven’t gotten a picture of his dinner. Hope Becky and Jacob are enjoying the down time. 

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

If he is looking for Paradise, it is very close to both Intercourse and Blue Ball (in Pennsylvania at least!) ?

I tried to resist but I gave up! Seeing myself to the prayer closet now...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, postscript said:

Is $1100 really the going rate for golden doodles? 

I don't know - seems low compared to, for example, this breeder.

On his Facebook page, Crawley says they're $1000, not $1100.

Just an innocent error, Becky, or are you planning on taking a commission?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

13 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I don't know - seems low compared to, for example, this breeder.

On his Facebook page, Crawley says they're $1000, not $1100.

Just an innocent error, Becky, or are you planning on taking a commission?

OMG! That breeder’s page is cuteness overload! 

I have no idea what’s a fair price for a specially bred dog, though I know at least 3 people who acquired golden doodles during the pandemic. If $1000 is low, that leads me to believe he’s doing this as a side gig or his dog had an oops and he’s trying to monetize because it’s a popular breed. I can’t help wondering if Becky is posting because he’s promised the Hawkinses a portion of the profits. 

• Upvote 5

On 6/24/2021 at 9:21 AM, thoughtful said:

Really - if they truly want to fit in with the barkers at the fair, they need to do a demo, like the people selling kitchen gadgets. "Salvation! It slices, it dices, it juliennes! But wait - there's more! Have you ever seen anything go through a tomato, or Satan, so cleanly? Now how much would you pray?"

Ah, like the Forgive-O-Matic!

3 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Becky, a faux preacher, an MLM, and now a backyard breeder (who, based on what I can see on his Facebook page, has the most appropriate last name in the history of names) - you're batting 1000 when it comes to things you support, lady. ?

I can't see the breeder's name; it just directs me to sign in to Facebook. Share, please? :)

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Ah, like the Forgive-O-Matic!

I guess the Veggie Tales people couldn't see the irony.

47 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I can't see the breeder's name; it just directs me to sign in to Facebook. Share, please

It's Crawley. He's the pastor at the church where the revival is being held, and I'm pretty sure he's the knee-slapper who thought Gary's humor was hysterical, this time last year:

Here are some recent posts on Pastor Crawley's Facebook page:

Spoiler

image.png.157d016d5cdf3b2efb713ed0d6f8c88f.png

image.png.9610b3eefba86d5b70d95b901c3c9e56.png

image.png.cad1e896c6d077de30b64177f930caca.png

I wonder if he knows the Babylon Bee is satire.

image.png.a098ce534437feef03357bbb61c9f796.png

image.png.5f8fc2f1e290fabf3c21f0cf213b7572.png

image.png.7029abe0fb16ee74c09f96722619154e.png

Charming and well-informed, isn't he? ?

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 9
  • Thank You 6

That last one does the rounds here with altered country and flag on a regular basis. I'm amused it to see it crop up in the US - at least Australia has been having a decades long discussion about changing the national flag and has changed the anthem completely from what it was when I started primary school, and made some minor wording changes on the now not very new anthem since. Is this even a debate in the US, or is it a rare example of a predominantly Australian meme going to the US?

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, postscript said:

Those puppies are adorable and I’m sure Becky would love one. Gary, on the other hand, would treat them with as much disdain as he treats his kids. Is $1100 really the going rate for golden doodles? 

He makes no mention of the parents or the puppies having had even the most basic health screenings, so he's [surprise!] a sleazy backyard breeder. Here's a list of the things you should expect a doodle puppy to have been screened for: https://www.goldendoodleassociation.com/about-gana/health-testing-requirements/

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Is this even a debate in the US,

Not that I know of.

59 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

he's [surprise!] a sleazy backyard breeder

No question, which is why I assumed as much from Becky's post. He's an electrician and a furniture salesman and a pastor. Sloppy backyard breeding is just a sideline of a sideline of a sideline, I guess.

https://www.ellsworthamerican.com/maine-news/electrician-follows-calling-sets-up-new-church-in-gouldsboro/

https://www.ellsworthamerican.com/maine-news/business-news/new-furniture-store-opens-in-gouldsboro/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

I thought Bro Gary usually came to Maine later in the summer.  I remember last year's adventure when he was paranoid about getting stopped by state police for not wearing a mask .  I also thought the church of the Creepy Crawley was just a living room type church?  I remember looking it up and it looked like he was having church in his house.  CC's FB page is disgusting.  I love the post about how your local schools are hiding their curriculum.  Paranoia, much?   I live and teach in Maine (luckily far, far away from this clown) and we are required to post our curricula publicly for anyone to see.   Why does he 'know' this anyway since he very likely doesn't send any kids he has to public schools?  

One more question: How does he also KNOW that the FBI engineered the attack on the Capitol?  Where does this nonsense originate anyway? People just making up stuff that dumb bells like CC believe with no proof?  No need to respond.  I already know the answer. I just continue to be stunned by the stupidity and hatred of these so-called Christians.  

P.S.:  Our neighbors have a Golden Doodle (who barks A LOT) and they paid at least 2,000 dollars from a reputable breeder.  Another neighbor has a Cockapoo (not as noisy),  and it was also a very expensive dog purchased from a reputable breeder.  This raising dogs in your backyard sideline is just another reason to detest Pastor C.

Edited by Caroline
  • Upvote 11

13 minutes ago, Caroline said:

I also thought the church of the Creepy Crawley was just a living room type church?  

It's the one with the pretty windows. Here is a screencap from one of Crawley's recent preaching videos:

Spoiler

image.png.af198cd8f0d355653f3acf1e28790dfd.png

According to one of the articles I linked above, it used to be an Assembly of God church, that they got for free, at the same time they got the building they are using to sell furniture:

Spoiler

The Crawleys began contemplating the idea of opening a furniture store about five years ago, after acquiring the building and the church, a former Assembly of God whose attendance dwindled with the closing of the nearby military base. The Assembly of God was willing to give the property to the Crawleys on the condition that they continue running the food pantry.

The link I posted to last year's thread was early July.

I've gotten better lately about specifying the church when I recap a video, but that's the one.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

I must have that church mixed up with another one.  Those are pretty windows.  Too bad what's being shared in that building isn't as pretty as the windows.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

9 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Charming and well-informed, isn't he? ?

So much so that I will forever think of him (if I have to think of him) as Creepy Crawley.

2 hours ago, thoughtful said:

It's the one with the pretty windows. Here is a screencap from one of Crawley's recent preaching videos:

Hide contents

image.png.af198cd8f0d355653f3acf1e28790dfd.png

According to one of the articles I linked above, it used to be an Assembly of God church, that they got for free, at the same time they got the building they are using to sell furniture:

Hide contents

The Crawleys began contemplating the idea of opening a furniture store about five years ago, after acquiring the building and the church, a former Assembly of God whose attendance dwindled with the closing of the nearby military base. The Assembly of God was willing to give the property to the Crawleys on the condition that they continue running the food pantry.

The link I posted to last year's thread was early July.

I've gotten better lately about specifying the church when I recap a video, but that's the one.

It warms the cockles of my heart to read about an Assembly of God church going belly-up.

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Caroline said:

Why does he 'know' this anyway since he very likely doesn't send any kids he has to public schools?  

One more question: How does he also KNOW that the FBI engineered the attack on the Capitol?

The Internet told him so, and The Internet never lies!!

Unless it's something he disagrees with, and then it totally does.

• Upvote 12

Ugh… I know too many idiots who believe every tin foil conspiracy and not one damn fact. I try not to think about it too often and have to take a lot of Facebook breaks or I’ll just walk around thinking this country is doomed.

and no delta variant wasn’t created by the vaccine… cause that’s the new one I saw yesterday.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 3

13 hours ago, thoughtful said:

He's an electrician and a furniture salesman and a pastor

Quoting myself because I gave myself a great straight line and then failed to use it:

. . . and a candy mint, and a breath mint, and a dessert topping, and a floor wax!

Gary got them to put up the tent this year. The mosquitoes and black flies must be happy.

The video of Sunday school at Solid Rock Baptist Church in Gouldsboro ME starts with Gary announcing his reading - there is a very loud background noise - a generator, perhaps - so I can barely hear him. At one point in his reading, there is a screaming shriek of feedback, but Gary plows on.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+timothy+1%3A1-12&version=KJV

Among his many errors:

KJV: When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.
Bro Gary Version: When I call to remembrance the unframed faith that is in thee, which duwell first in the grandmother Lois, and thou mother Ee- ee - Eenice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.

KJV: But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
BGV: But it is now made menifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immoral - immortalty to light through the gospel:

He reads the last verse fairly well, and, as usual, glides right into his post-reading prayer, and a little something extra:

KJV: For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
BGV +: For the which cause ah also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which have - ah have committed unto him against that day Lord ah pray jest for a few minutes you'd lead you'd guide you direct 'n' have your will 'n' way in Jesus' name amen 'n' amen you may be seated does anybody know where a bottle-a water is Jacob?

And, despite having just read from 2 Timothy, he immediately refers to, and reads from, Romans. I guess Gary needs to make sure they know Paul was super-special.

"'Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God.' An' it goes through that, an' ___________ (video skips) each verse, an' we look at, but today, ah got to thinkin'  somethin' was said ______ (video skips) yesterday, and uh . . . The ministry! Ya think about the ministry. What about the ministry? Y'know - what is the ministry all about?"

Gary burbles about how he's come there for "the last couple-a three years, whatever," he's not the greatest preacher, he's "not in no competition," and "Ahyam what ahyam because  - as Paul said because of the of grace of God amen? But what about the ministry? The ministry? Number one, it's gotta be a callin', amen?"

He keeps getting bogged down, and repeating "The ministry - what about the ministry?" to get back on track.

After some tangled stuff about supporting your local church first, Gary tells them that they went to "be a help" to some friends in New York because the wife just had surgery.

Bullshit, Gary - you went because you got to preach, and get money, food, and lodging.

Gary asks how long he has to speak, gets an answer, says to throw a rock at him if he doesn't. After another screech of feedback, Gary says "The devil's real today, amen."

Gary, if I wasn't a non-believer, I'd be more inclined to think it was God telling you to give it all up and go get a real job. Jacob comes up to fuss with the equipment.

"But the ministry! The ministry starts in doin' - bein' a help. Amen?" (re the microphone): "This gonna work?" Feedback. "Gonna do somethin' amen? But the ministry is - uh, in the part, listen hey, cleanin' the church is a ministry."

Be careful, Gary - they might start accusing you of believing in works-based salvation!

After some very garbled stuff about a missionary (who is there) who didn't slow down his quest to get to whatever country he's trying to get to during the pandemic being proof of a calling from God, complaining that he won't get to everything, and mentioning that the aforementioned thrown rock is coming soon, Gary jumps to another reading:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=isaiah+6%3A8&version=KJV

He's braggin' on Jesus, not Gary, he never wanted to be a preacher, because he saw what happened to his father, his salvation anniversary coming up, God didn't take the educated people, Gary hated public speaking in school, his burden is for America.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=amos+3%3A3&version=KJV

Old-time preachers agreed to disagree, but nowadays, nobody can get along with other preachers but Gary.  ?

Gary says that Brother Rodney thinks Donald Trump is saved - Gary hasn't seen enough proof yet.

Gary remembers that the missionary is going to "Papa, New Guinea - is that where you're goin'?"

He announces Matthew 18:29, reads it confidently, and starts to go right on:

"Ah'll say another thing . . . " Long pause. Mumbling: "Matthew 18 . . . that's not what ah ____" (unclear) ". . . gimme just a second here . . . allraht, verse, it's chapter 20 - chapter 19  - ah ain't got mah pen, need to change it - chapter 19, ya look in verses 29 - look in verses 28."

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+19%3A28-30&version=KJV

"Ahwahnna say, another thing in the ministry is, you're gonna have to be willin' to give up some things. Amen? You can ask mah mama, you can ask mah old - _______ (indecipherable - I think he's chucking at himself for saying "my mama," when he meant "my wife"), mah mama - you can ask mah wahf, you kin ask mah youngest son, mah daddy does not lahk it when ah leave. He lahks - he's one o' those, listen hey, he's got fahve kids altogether and if it was upta him we'd all be in one big house. Thank God it ain't left upta him amen."

Gary, you ingrate, when you stay with your parents you get your usual free lodging and food. I'd consider your not wanting to live with your parents and siblings a normal adult reaction, but I suspect that what you wouldn't like if it was a long-term arrangement is that they might want you to contribute to finances and chores. You'd probably love being able to constantly Godbother your sister who's in the "bad" church.

Gary tries to remember how often Becky's gotten to see her parents recently, and she has to correct him.

While listing his sacrifices, Gary says "Ah got seven children altogether, and ah've only got one left at home and it ain't his fault amen. Is that ri - where's he at?"

And he finds Jacob, and grills him about it.

"You know what, you gotta be willing to give up some things. Ah got a grandbaby comin'." And he goes on to tell them, that, if the baby comes when it's supposed to come, near the end of August, "ah'm gon' be in a meetin'. And unless the Lord intervenes some way, ah will not see mah grandbaby,  ________ (video skips), mah first grandbaby, until the middle of October."

Like you care, Gary.

He tries to joke about how it doesn't bother him because he's afraid it's going to make his wife want to have another baby, "an' ah'm not willin' to sacrifice all that, amen."

So much for the theme of your message, Gary.

He nobly says he has to sacrifice seeing the baby until October, and probably not again until Christmas time.

Some people have to give up a good job for the ministry. Gary went "from one ministry to another ministry," so  he didn't give up much money. "Ah'm an evangelist, not a pasture, so ah don't got no money, amen."

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark+10%3A43-45&version=KJV

KJV: For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
BGV: For even the Son of man came not to minister unto, but to - to min - to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

In the ministry, "you gotta be servants."

"You say 'whataya mean bein' a servant?' Well, ya remember there when Martha and Mary was over there, 'n' one of 'em serve - worshiped God, and the other was uh uh cookin' for 'im t'gettin' ready, 'n' they both got jallous, amen? 'Well, wha don'tchu tell her ah need some help wha'on'tchu - wha'on'tchu - y'know hey' - ah'm just sayin' listen hey servant! Have a servant's heart."

Gary claims that, when he got saved, his first ministry in the church was "cleanin' the commodes."

I would doubt it was true, but it would explain why he always cites that as such an important job.

And Gary talks about the overflowing commodes at the camp meeting in Texas last year. I'll spare you.

After some more rambling nonsense about the church they're in, he announces:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+corinthians+9%3A14&version=KJV

In the ministry, you need to live of the gospel.

"Y'know what ah have to do, because of the forsake of mah children, because of the fake - forsake of mah family 'n' different people?"

Gary, I think the word you wanted was "sake," but you've accidentally told the truth with "fake" and "forsake."

People had better like Chahnese food, to get right with the Lord, and because there will be plenty of it in Heaven. But Gary doesn't get Chahnese every day. His wife likes lobster, but only gets it when they come to Maine, because "that's the best lobster, amen."

I'd say "hint, hint," but let's face it - that's way beyond being just a hint.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+thessalonians+5%3A11&version=KJV

In the ministry, be an "incurrigemint" to one another. Familiar Garyshit follows.

He tells them about the church that has decided to support them - he doesn't name the church.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=james+5%3A16&version=KJV

He doesn't say "fevrent" for "fervent," but that's because he skips that word altogether!

In the ministry, you need prayer, even more than money. The devil's real - the sound equipment proved that this morning. Gary says that, if it wasn't for his wife, they wouldn't have sound equipment - they might not have even had the tent up.

I guess she took a break from playing with puppies and waiting on Gary hand and foot, to pray. :confusion-shrug:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jude+21-22&version=KJV

He misreads it, as usual:

KJV: And of some have compassion, making a difference:
BGV: And some having compassion, makin' a difference:

In the ministry, Gary hopes he makes a difference. They're going to have a youth meeting as part of this revival.

After more shit you've heard many times, Gary makes reference to the missionary again: "Ah hope this brother goes to Papa New Guinea and wins the whole country!"

But it will be worth it if he only gets one soul.

Spoiler

image.png.88d5c529dad9ec6e498625b7bab84f73.png

As the video cuts in and out, Gary says Marie (the pastor's wife) and Becky think the ministry is worth going through their health issues (of course they agree), and talks about someone somewhere that joked that he and another preacher would fight because they both have tents, and says his end-of-message prayer.

• Thank You 15

The  video of the main service from Solid Rock Baptist Church in Gouldsboro ME yesterday is only 38 minutes long, and starts about a half hour after the Sunday School one ends (there's a reason I'm telling you this, honest).

It starts with a man (I figure out from context that he is the pastor's father in law) asking for prayers for his daughter.

To be more specific, after some brief announcements, he says: "Got a little bit of a sad spirit right now. I woke up very happy, um . . . we had some real good joy this morning.  And then my daughter uh, who's had seizures, and she had a full-blown seizure, right there in that chair, and it like punched me right in the gut. She's uh - in her 40s, and uh - she's known a lot of stress."

Then he asks two people to lead prayers for Marie (which is how I know who he is - Marie is the pastor's wife).

I really don't want to be hard on someone who is worried about his daughter, but it was such a strange way to express it. First of all, if she had the seizure right there, between Sunday school and the main service. He  didn't need to tell them what happened - most or all of them were there, and anyone who came just for the main service would have been told by others, I would imagine.

Second, he sounds like he's mostly concerned about his own feelings, and/or apologetic that he doesn't have a joyous spirit at the moment. And why did anyone put this man in this position - why can't Gary or the missionary lead the service, so he is free to think about his daughter, and maybe even be with her, or help in some way? Maybe it was his choice, and has nothing to do with fundie-ness at all. But damn.

The first man who prays says the devil is "walking about, trying to mess things up any way he can." The second man I can't hear, because of the machine noise and video skips.

They sing Are You Washed in the Blood, after the pastor's FIL goes on for a while about how Jesus reached forward in time and died on the cross for their sins. "You think you done something big for somebody, maybe ya done something big for your wife, or kids or for your husband, but Jesus Christ _______" (video skips). "I don't think they're saved, but, uh . . . I don't know, maybe bring me outta my stupor, talk about Jesus like that. OK."

People call out some details to help him with announcements, the offering is taken, the video skips some more, then the Hawkinses are singing. I fast-forward.

The missionary comes up to give his presentation. He's going there, and even he leaves out the "u" in the first word of Papua New Guinea.

He tells them about some of the work they've done and plan to do - helping another missionary chop down trees to make a clearing for their residences, and building a fence around the property.

After a video skip, he is saying "because he's lost. He's without God, he's without hope, and he's on his way to a devil's Hell. That's why he's heathen. I like to make sure we're on the same level here, we're on the - uh, the same kinda thing, but, um - you have the heathen in America. The heathen in America, they don't paint their face and stick bones in their nose and dance around, all that stuff, the heathen ___ (skip)

I guess this is the fundie Baptist preacher's version of being open-minded and non-racist: making sure they know "heathen" doesn't just mean "primitive native in a country with lots of dark-skinned people," but all of us who are not saved. ?

The next thing we hear is: "He's goin' off to what's called a Sing Sing, it's just a sexual dance to appease the spirits. Because everything they do is dictated by fear. Stark, raving, maddening fear. They're always worried about these spirits hurting them, harming them, making them sick - it's a very sad, sad picture."

And another irony meter goes in the trash.

He gives his testimony of being saved - I'll spare you the details, but serving in Afghanistan, the Lord putting the fear of God in him and breaking his back (figuratively, I assume - that's a fundie-ism I've heard before), and "when you feel the heat wave of a bullet go by your face" are part of it.

And after another skip, he's saying (about PNG folks, I assume) "they live in fear, they die in fear, and they wind up in a devil's Hell, without any other opportunities." And he tells them how they're going to learn the language and culture, so they can save them.

After another skip, he is belting out a song a cappella - sounds like So I Send You.

He goes on to read from the Bible and preach, but I need to stop - between the skipping video, the machine noise, and the offensive content, I need a break. If someone else wants to give it a try, from about the 16 minute mark, here it is:

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Thank You 15

On 6/26/2021 at 4:28 PM, Ozlsn said:

Is this even a debate in the US, or is it a rare example of a predominantly Australian meme going to the US?

It's not a debate I'm aware of, however the "new flag" thing very well might happen soon! If DC and/or Puerto Rico (or any other US territories: Guam, American Samoa, US Virgin Islands...) become states, the flag will be changed because stars will be added for them. I'm sure the Trumpsters will have a fit. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

The irony meter was thrown in the trash, because it burst like a theometer reaching a point where it can't measure the heat. Or a scale that can't take the weight on top of it. 

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic