IGNORED

United States Senate 2

GreyhoundFan

I guess Lindsey has to imbibe to cover the pain of selling his soul:

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I guess Lindsey has to imbibe to cover the pain of selling his soul:

Perhaps the thought of who he'll be spending eternity with, and where, isn't sitting too well?

• Upvote 5

On 3/9/2021 at 9:18 PM, Dandruff said:

I'd add some similar integrity monitoring.  Have all candidates agree to have some of their affairs under scrutiny if elected which, at a minimum, would hopefully weed out some of the hard cases before they even ran.

I think a basic skills test should also be part of an eligibility test for anyone running for office. Stuff like reading comprehension, knowledge of the Constitution, ability to do basic math. Mind you, it doesn’t have to be at a higher level, just the very basics.

That way you can weed out people like Trump and Greene and Boebert from even being able to run in the first place.

I’m all for equal opportunity, but people who get to make decisions that impact the lives and livelihoods of the public should at least be literate and have a certain level of intelligence.

And to top it all off, everyone who holds public office or who seeks to run for it, should be subjected to regular and thorough background checks. Just to find out if they are bribable or being bribed, or choose to covertly work for or with entities that have disparate or conflicting interests from those of government.

• Upvote 12

Not so sure about term limits as someone mentioned above we could get a Congress full of MTGs and Boeberts but I think it should be easier to expel someone like MTG who's only intent is to slow down the day to day work of Congress and bully her fellow Representatives or a Ted Cruz who literally abandoned his constituents.

And yes everyone running for office and or currently in office should be subject to a background and credit check.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 4

Cancun Cruz had this tweet up. 

FB871D52-4310-4DBE-9222-C5BEA1525098.thumb.jpeg.14216f9ffb26ce1f5766fd905a40cbe9.jpeg

And he’s getting his ass handed to him by Twitter users.   I scrolled for a whole and there were no supportive responses at all. 

(Screenshot this since I figure he might go delete once he sees how bad he got ratioed here). 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

Every time I think Johnson couldn't be more vile, he ups his game:

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 3

And I think this is the most accurate description of Cancun Cruz ever...

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, 47of74 said:

And I think this is the most accurate description of Cancun Cruz ever...

I guess if you are Ted "Cancun" Cruz, it is "Radical" to get vaccines and federal assistance out to the states and the American people, and to stick around instead of jetting off to play golf or, ahem, vacation in sunny Mexico while your constituents suffer.  

And by the way, after the past 4 years, I'll take "Boring" any day of the week and twice on Sunday.  For the entire previous administration, I felt "fight or flight" adrenaline every single day, multiple times a day, and it's going to take a lot of "boring" to undo that damage.  More "Boring," please!

Edited by Becky
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

30 minutes ago, Becky said:

And by the way, after the past 4 years, I'll take "Boring" any day of the week and twice on Sunday.  For the entire previous administration, I felt "fight or flight" adrenaline every single day, multiple times a day, and it's going to take a lot of "boring" to undo that damage.  More "Boring," please!

Same here.  Maybe having a President who isn’t on the edge of a psychotic break is boring to guys like the Unscrupulous  Kakistocratical Trumpfluffer but I’ll take that. Maybe having a guy who doesn’t even have an inner Kluxer fighting to get out unlike former guy did is boring but I’ll take it. 

• Upvote 12

I would also say that boring is much better as it means that the adults are in charge in the White House again. It means being able to wake up and not have to worry what damage Orange Fuckface has caused. My blood pressure has gone back to normal as well.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 10

5 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I would also say that boring is much better as it means that the adults are in charge in the White House again. It means being able to wake up and not have to worry what damage Orange Fuckface has caused. My blood pressure has gone back to normal as well.

Yeah.  I remember having a moment of absolute cold fear in 2016 about that fucker getting hold of the nuclear codes.  And how good I slept on the day that it was made official that fuck face lost reelection.

At one point last year things had gotten so bad that I had made preparations - packed suitcase, food, water, etc - in case I had to get away in a hurry.  I don't have that fear now.  I no longer have to worry that our own President will tell his cult members supporters to reenact Kristallnacht against their fellow Americans.  Or tolerate state BT governments that do so.

• Upvote 8

Typical repug response:

• Disgust 5

No shit Sherlock

Iowa Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley hasn't made up his mind about whether to run for an 8th(!) term in 2022. 

But Iowa voters have! And they're ready for Grassley to retire.

That's the finding of a new Des Moines Register poll that showed 55% of Iowans want Grassley to end his political career next year as compared to just 28% who said they would like to see him run for another term. 

Most remarkable -- and concerning for Grassley -- is that more than 1 in 3 self-identified Republicans (35%) say they think the time has come for him to retire.

It's been time for him to retire for a long time now. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

Great speech by Senator Warnock:

• Love 5

Great idea. Sadly, the GQP won't go for it.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Meanwhile  in Missouri in the race for Blunt's seat in 2024 we have:

Greitens announced yesterday.  That's right.  The Governor who resigned amid multiple scandals is back.

This guy:

Op Ed at Kansas City Star points out - NO - you weren't exonerated

Spoiler

But my utter favorite today on this subject is this dandy.  Hawley has zero regrets about taking Greitens down

• Upvote 9

And now AG Schmidt (R) has announced.  Bye Greitens.  Lt Governor Kehoe has said he's not running for this (me (to the TV) - no, he wants the Governor.  Anchor:  He wants to run for Governor.  Me:  Told ya)

• Upvote 6

Ted being a typical Ted asshole:

• Thank You 6

Lyin' Ted wants to sell you things:

image.png.3d1421050a0da1eeb882fe767a967572.png

Looks like he's still selling autographing copies of Green Eggs and Ham if that's more your style:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e16c4e4807481678d27ef84edfc78974.png

:pb_rollseyes:

• Eyeroll 11
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

Who the hell would buy a t-shirt like that? Even the most idiotic morons must realize that it's a piece of ****? I wouldn't wear that if you'd pay me a million bucks.. ugh..

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Why, what's wrong with that t-shirt? Y'know, other than being phenomenally ugly, making no sense whatsoever, harking back to something that has not only not been in style for decades, but is usually mocked by most people, and supporting that piece of shit, Ted Cruz?

That drawing is really not flattering - do you think the artist was trying to make him look bad?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

45 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

That drawing is really not flattering - do you think the artist was trying to make him look bad?

No effort required, in this case.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Lyin' Ted wants to sell you things:

image.png.3d1421050a0da1eeb882fe767a967572.png

Looks like he's still selling autographing copies of Green Eggs and Ham if that's more your style:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.e16c4e4807481678d27ef84edfc78974.png

:pb_rollseyes:

Just.... wow.  The whole mess is nonsensical, so much so that I thought it was satire.  Fail, on all counts.

For starters, that is one butt-ugly illustration on the shirt.  Also - yeah, Spring Breakers are going to identify with old white guy Ted AND a hairstyle that went out of style several decades ago. Sure, Ted.

As for Dr. Seuss - Green Eggs and Ham is NOT one of the books being taken out of print.  And if you stand with Dr. Seuss, you are FOR the books being taken out of print, because the publisher is the one taking them out of print.  Logic. how does it work?

Edited by Becky
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

Where's the shirt with a depiction of "Bernie in the front, Marley in the back"?

F0334A7B-4A25-403F-A236-0460AB8413F8.jpeg.01ed822b8af24efa6a83e41deb46b0ad.jpeg

EED07122-C667-4336-A4BF-FC64C71D4B6E.jpeg.0ea0c4b0e191b78ab5dbe2aa0ec10210.jpeg

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

No effort required, in this case.

True - I guess I should have said "make him look even worse" or "portray him accurately, rather than flattering him."

• Upvote 5