IGNORED

United States Senate 2

GreyhoundFan

@Audrey2, this thread by Joy Reid says it way better than I did. If you have the time, it’s well worth the read.

Sorry, no unrolled version available (yet).

• Thank You 4

As suspected here in Missouri - (Icky) Vicky Hartzler is throwing her hat into the Senate Ring for Blunt's to be vacated seat.

• Thank You 3

Wow, Tuberville actually says something sensible and helpful in this video. I didn't think he was capable of either.

• Upvote 6

How can you "miss Trump"? You live with your lips firmly planted on the orange backside during every moment of every day.

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

Ron Johnson (Douche-Wisconsin) got suspended from YouTube

YouTube suspended GOP Sen. Ron Johnson's account on Friday after he posted comments regarding dubious treatments for Covid-19.

"We removed the video in accordance with our COVID-19 medical misinformation policies, which don't allow content that encourages people to use Hydroxychloroquine or Ivermectin to treat or prevent the virus," a YouTube spokesperson said in a statement to CNN.

Johnson's spokeswoman Alexa Henning told CNN that Johnson's account will be suspended for a week and that the video posted on his account was from a virtual event hosted by the Milwaukee Press Club.

For months, Johnson -- who tested positive for coronavirus last fall -- has spread anti-vaccine misinformation and downplayed the urgency of vaccinating all Americans against Covid-19, putting the controversial Wisconsin Republican at odds with public health guidance aimed at easing the ongoing pandemic. The two-term senator, who's facing reelection next year, has also downplayed the seriousness of the insurrection at the US Capitol on January 6.

Of course he's whining about how mean YouTube is being to him and censoring him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Ron Johnson (Douche-Wisconsin) got suspended from YouTube

Of course he's whining about how mean YouTube is being to him and censoring him. 

I swear these jerks are posting this kind of misinformation on purpose to get their free publicity and to court the Uneducated Trump Voter Bloc.  Youtube/Twitter/Facebook needs to shut it down, as happened in this case, but the media need to ignore it so the net result will be a loss of attention and publicity.

• I Agree 9

Crapo definitely learned lessons from his orange lord and master:

• Upvote 6

Ron Jonson (Wisconsin) is an idiot.  What kind of reception did he expect at a Juneteenth celebration.

From the article, he actually said people were "not nice" after tbey booed him and told him to go away. I'm sure this interview had nothing to do with it. " ... Now, had the tables been turned -- Joe, this could get me in trouble -- had the tables been turned, and President Trump won the election and those were tens of thousands of Black Lives Matter and Antifa protesters, I might have been a little concerned." --Ron Johnson

From the article, "So Johnson might have been worried if the crowd on January 6 had been predominantly Black rather than predominantly white? Um, OK." Then he has the nerve to say the people were not nice at a Juneteenth celebration. Read the room idiot.

"The fact that Johnson was surprised -- and, quite clearly, annoyed -- by the reaction he received at the Juneteenth celebration tells you everything you need to know about how out-of-touch he is with the electorate in Wisconsin."(CNN)

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/21/politics/ron-johnson-juneteenth/index.html

• Upvote 7

I love this name for Tuberville:

• WTF 2

8 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Ron Jonson (Wisconsin) is an idiot.  What kind of reception did he expect at a Juneteenth celebration.

From the article, he actually said people were "not nice" after tbey booed him and told him to go away. I'm sure this interview had nothing to do with it. " ... Now, had the tables been turned -- Joe, this could get me in trouble -- had the tables been turned, and President Trump won the election and those were tens of thousands of Black Lives Matter and Antifa protesters, I might have been a little concerned." --Ron Johnson

From the article, "So Johnson might have been worried if the crowd on January 6 had been predominantly Black rather than predominantly white? Um, OK." Then he has the nerve to say the people were not nice at a Juneteenth celebration. Read the room idiot.

"The fact that Johnson was surprised -- and, quite clearly, annoyed -- by the reaction he received at the Juneteenth celebration tells you everything you need to know about how out-of-touch he is with the electorate in Wisconsin."(CNN)

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/21/politics/ron-johnson-juneteenth/index.html

It just amazes me that WI currently has two Senators that are polar opposites...a Democrat that is a lesbian (Tammy Baldwin) and a Republican that is a MAGAt (Ron Johnson).

• Upvote 4

Idiot R senator:

image.png.b5dc1e1253b2aade79828ca153a36892.png

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 4

On 6/9/2021 at 7:18 AM, GiggleOfGirls said:

If they don’t get rid of the filibuster then I think the GQP will win anyhow after gerrymandering and suppressing votes as much as they possibly can. 

With the way GQP change the voting laws in different States there‘s a possibility the Dem‘s won‘t win a majority again after they lose House and Senate.

On 6/9/2021 at 7:18 AM, GiggleOfGirls said:

Mostly I’m frustrated with the general state of politics right now. I despise partisanship because it honestly seems to be more of a “team spirit” thing than a “what’s best for my constituents” thing. 

Unfortunately the system is broken and the minority party isn‘t interested in finding good solutions anymore. Their only goal is to turn America in a corrupt Theocracy

Edited by Smash!
  • Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I love how women like her never realize that if that also means she wouldn't be allowed to be senator or do anything but stay home. I doubt she'd like that very much.

• Upvote 6

It's disgusting that Manchin and Synema are doing the Repugs' dirty work:

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 6

Ted being Ted:

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 5

He'll go to war over a fast food chain, but armed insurrectionists storming the Capitol is totes okay with him. "Lindsey Graham pledges to ‘go to war’ for Chick-fil-A amid Notre Dame protest"

As a Senate member, Lindsey Graham has the ability to vote to send the United States to war. It’s unlikely that a kerfuffle over a fast-food-chicken chain necessitating the deployment of troops would ever wind up before Congress, but on Thursday, the South Carolina Republican vowed that he would “go to war” to protect Chick-fil-A.

Why might a purveyor of nuggets need such senatorial protection? A group of students at the University of Notre Dame had objected to the suggested opening of a location on its campus, citing the company’s history of donating to anti-LBGTQ groups. The students also pointed to donations made by Chick-fil-A’s billionaire owner, Dan Cathy, to a group fighting the Equality Act, legislation that would ban discrimination based on sexual orientation.

News of the students’ beef with the chicken chain was amplified by a story on Fox News, which has lately gone all-in on stoking the culture wars. Fox’s headline was enough to prompt Graham to stand up for Big Chicken.

“I hope we don’t have to, but I will go to war for the principles Chick fil-A stands for,” he tweeted. “Great food. Great service. Great values.”

Graham began his tweet thread with a compliment to the Catholic-founded Indiana institution, whose Campus Dining had announced that Chick-fil-A was among the restaurant options it was considering as part of a “comprehensive retail dining master plan.”

“I have always thought @NotreDame was one of the greatest universities in America, if not the world,” Graham wrote. He added that it would be a “dangerous precedent to set” to ban the company from campus because students disagreed with its founders.

It turned out that Graham would not have to take up his sword: Hours after his tweet, the university announced Chick-fil-A was, in fact, coming. “Notre Dame has examined the concerns surrounding Chick-fil-A’s charitable giving, discussed them with company representatives, campus partners and students and believes that Chick-fil-A has responded to these issues in a satisfactory manner,” read a statement from university spokesman Dennis Brown. “Our students have overwhelmingly expressed a desire to have a Chick-fil-A restaurant on campus, and we look forward to opening one early next year.”

Two students wrote a letter this month to the student newspaper outlining their objections to the then-proposed arrival of the chain. “Our first concern relates to Chick-fil-A’s long history of antagonism toward the LGBTQ+ community,” they wrote. “Over the past two decades, Chick-fil-A has donated significant sums to groups that oppose LGBTQ+ rights.”

In 2019, Chick-fil-A announced its foundation had halted all such controversial donations. But the students noted the company’s profits continue to enrich Cathy. “Even though Chick-fil-A has halted the worst of its donations, patronizing Chick-fil-A means lining Cathy’s pockets,” they wrote. Cathy is among a group of megadonors that has given to a Christian-backed fund that has helped to fight the Equality Act, which is stalled in the Senate, the Daily Beast reported last month.

They also cited concerns about the chain’s reliance on factory farming, its environmental impact and lack of sufficient vegetarian and vegan options. The fact that it is closed on Sundays, a nod to the company’s Christian founders, “is not best for a bustling, hungry college campus,” they wrote.

In addition to the letter to the editor, students and faculty circulated and signed an open letter objecting to Chick-fil-A’s campus outpost. Fox reported nearly 180 students and faculty had signed the letter, but it appears to have been subsequently made private.

In an interview, Tilly Keeven-Glascock, one of the authors of the letters, said the attention the effort has drawn surprised her — and that the spotlight has had impact both good and bad.

After the Fox story ran online, she says, she received multiple death threats on her Facebook account and elsewhere on social media. “Nasty comments,” including one calling her a “queer crusader,” flooded in. One man apparently scrolled to the end of her Facebook timeline and commented on a photo of her and a friend when they were 16, which she called “creepy.”

“I did feel a little bit physically unsafe before I privatized my Facebook,” she said.

But she says she’s happy that the story has made people far outside the confines of her campus think about their own consumer choices. “Our petition was focusing on the harm that a Chick-fil-A place could do on our campus.” she says. “But I am grateful for the media attention that people even beyond Notre Dame are sort of looking into it and considering their options.”

She was also surprised about the tenor of Graham’s tweets. “I suppose I don’t see it as quite the war that he’s crusading on,” she says. “But I wish him the best while he’s in battle.”

Some of the responses are great:

Spoiler

image.png.1623c9452f0999279fac7198e111d8d2.png

image.png.a28ef7c1f88f13bbf0b1def9c712b8ce.png

image.png.8af8200458cc071b2d03523b2fdf594f.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

22 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'm confused. I thought the GQP was against "cancel culture". Oh, wait, it's okay when they cancel things.

• Upvote 12

18 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm confused. I thought the GQP was against "cancel culture". Oh, wait, it's okay when they cancel things.

The GQP's only real stance is to oppose anything the democrats want

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

28 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

The GQP's only real stance is to oppose anything the democrats want

Oh I thought it was...

To limit voting rights for anyone of color.

To limit rights of women (or is that to control women).

To limit rights of lgbtqia.

To restore TFG and create an autocracy, with them in charge. Or it could be to destroy the USA, take your pick.

To line their pockets with money.

To have Christianity be the only religion allowed in the land.

To not have the Russians, mafia or whoever owns them, spill their secrets.

I'm sure I'm missing some things.

To use The Handmaid's Tale as a playbook.

I'm sure I'm missing things but I just had a Blueshine Lemonade so... and I do realize some of what I wrote is opposing Democrats but I feel there is so much more at stake than just that.

• Upvote 7

What else is the GOP thinking of? I am glad you asked. As if the legislators aren't awful enough now several of them want to limit ballot initiatives or make them much more difficult.

The next Republican target: Ballot campaigns 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/not-just-voting-rights-republicans-033006529.html

Spoiler

The Republicans who lead Idaho’s Legislature spent more than two years smarting over the passage of a 2018 ballot initiative that forced the state to expand Medicaid. They were also plotting their revenge.

This spring, as the lawmakers worried about a looming proposal to legalize medical marijuana, they passed a bill instituting an aggressive new standard on ballot campaigns. The outcry was fierce, with liberal activists quickly gathering 16,000 signatures from residents opposed to the legislation — including from rural counties the lawmakers said they were trying to help. Former state Supreme Court Justice Jim Jones delivered the petition to Republican Gov. Brad Little.

But Little was unmoved and signed the legislation in April, making Idaho home to some of the nation’s most restrictive requirements for ballot petitions. Organizers there are now required to secure signatures from 6 percent of voters in all 35 legislative districts in the state to get a question on the ballot for voters to decide.

I did not include the whole article, but the whole article is definitely worth a read. The Idaho legislature is upset because Medicaid was expanded and they don't want the same thing to happen with marijuana.

In other words, the Republican wildest dream is a dictatorship dictated by Republicans.

• Upvote 7