IGNORED

United States Senate 2

GreyhoundFan

The other thing I don't understand about that shirt is -- why would any R promote "McConnell" and "MAGA" together -- didn't Former Guy and McConnell break up?

The way Former Guy did constant reversals of who he supported and who he proclaimed an idiot or a traitor, I would, if I was a republican promoter (ptooie ptooie), never firmly tie Former Guy together with anyone he might end up rejecting.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, thoughtful said:

True - I guess I should have said "make him look even worse" or "portray him accurately, rather than flattering him."

No criticism, you just gave me a good line to snark off of.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

The other thing I don't understand about that shirt is -- why would any R promote "McConnell" and "MAGA" together -- didn't Former Guy and McConnell break up?

Maybe Cruz is trying to say he'll play both sides? Maybe someone said that about him as a joke, and he decided to run with it.

It's very weird, no matter what the impetus.

17 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

No criticism, you just gave me a good line to snark off of.

Oh, I know - but still, I should have thought about how hard it would be to portray Cruz as anything other than visually disgusting.

I try to set aside looks and go by personality, but there is something icky, to me, about Cruz's face, that matches up perfectly with who he is.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Well, Seth Meyers came up with a great description of Cruz - "He looks like the guy who has to work the stock room at Auto Zone because he's too creepy for the register."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

I know that shirt is too ugly for words, but I’m surprised no one has commented yet on Ted pushing his followers to be called the “Cruz Crew”. :puke-right:

• Haha 8

Oh yeah, big man Lindsey with the AR-15

In the event of a natural disaster in South Carolina, don’t necessarily expect to see Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) helping dig survivors out of rubble. The senator indicated Sunday that he’d instead be at home with his AR-15, ready to pick off marauding gangs presumably at least partly made up of his own constituents.

“I own an AR-15,” Graham told Chris Wallace on Fox News. “If there’s a natural disaster in South Carolina where the cops can’t protect my neighborhood, my house will be the last one that the gang will come to, because I can defend myself.”

Hey Lindsey, that's nice.  Now if you kindly dispense with the male reproductive organ measuring contests and get back to work....

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

I can't see Lindsey Graham standing up to a bunch of looters with a weapon of any kind.  He strikes me as the type to run and hide and shit himself.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I can't see Lindsey Graham standing up to a bunch of looters with a weapon of any kind.  He strikes me as the type to run and hide and shit himself.

I see the gun being taken away from him and used against him by said looters.

Steve Kerr is right.

• Upvote 10

You can't make this up:

Because homemade meth is so much better. /s

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

On 3/29/2021 at 10:23 PM, RosyDaisy said:

Based on how he allegedly reacted in the Capitol building attack... yep.

"Lindsey Graham, with his mask off, started screaming at one of the officers — I think it was one of the captains — saying: 'How come you didn't protect us? It's your job,'" Brown told MSNBC."

• WTF 5

So now we know why Republicans hate schools- they refuse to learn.

Congress needs to balance securing the Capitol with public access: Sen. Roy Blunt

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/capitol-fencing-still-removed-friday-130806383.html

Congress needs to balance making the Capitol complex secure, while at the same time maintaining its openness to the public, Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., said Sunday on ABC's "This Week" days after a knife-wielding man rammed his vehicle into a U.S. Capitol barricade, killing a Capitol Police officer.

"I don't think it does the job. In fact, the fencing was right there when the car drove through," the senator told "This Week" anchor George Stephanopoulos.

"I think it would be a mistake for fencing to be a permanent part of the Capitol," Blunt added.

So, someone just tried to kill us again. We really don't need the fencing. They won't try it again will they?

Now I understand why they don't do anything when gun violence erupts in our community or in our schools. They don't believe it will happen again. :pb_rollseyes:

The rest of the article will make your eyes roll as well, but there are embedded clips that don't play nicely with my computer.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

54 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

While on the surface it looks a little strange as far away as he is from the border in reality I can understand why his constituents are concerned about the border. I think Fox News has whipped up their audience in such a frenzy that all of these bad people are coming across the border than in more conservative areas, even in States like Idaho Wyoming or Maine their number one concern will be border security. He is just playing to his base.

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

While on the surface it looks a little strange as far away as he is from the border in reality I can understand why his constituents are concerned about the border. I think Fox News has whipped up their audience in such a frenzy that all of these bad people are coming across the border than in more conservative areas, even in States like Idaho Wyoming or Maine their number one concern will be border security. He is just playing to his base.

Given where they are surely they should be more concerned about Canadians? That's only 338 miles, and they look just like him!! How could you even tell that they're... aliens?!

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

Sadly I truly believe it is a race thing with these people who constantly complain about illegals crossing the border. They're more attuned to people crossing through Mexico because those people look different than them instead of Canadians who you wouldn't really be able to tell the difference with.

And I don't even want to get into telling these people that parts of the US used to belong to Mexico and some of the families that might look different than they are actually have lived here longer than the white families complaining about them.

It breaks my heart to say this but America is really a racially divided mess.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

4 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

And I don't even want to get into telling these people that parts of the US used to belong to Mexico and some of the families that might look different than they are actually have lived here longer than the white families complaining about them.

There's people here in Texas who can't grasp this simple fact. :doh:

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

According to at least one article I just looked up, Wyoming is the state where non-resident workers or undocumented workers have the second least impact on state resources, in all 50 states.  In other words, they do not take jobs from residents and they do not take a significant portion of state resources. These people are delusional. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 6

Pay attention to his long game. Continuing to be dangerous. I don't know how to bring the whole thread over but I did bring one reply.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Cornyn misses the drama of the Trump presidency:

Cornyn's response under the spoiler:

Spoiler

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 4

In case you're not up on this, this is for Vance's proposed Senate run.

• Thank You 6

4 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Pay attention to his long game. Continuing to be dangerous. I don't know how to bring the whole thread over but I did bring one reply.

I could live with Biden acting on some of this. I am hoping they are waiting for the results of the investigations and then act. Give them enough rope...

7 hours ago, Becky said:

According to at least one article I just looked up, Wyoming is the state where non-resident workers or undocumented workers have the second least impact on state resources, in all 50 states.  In other words, they do not take jobs from residents and they do not take a significant portion of state resources. These people are delusional. 

But in reality it has nothing to do with that. As @Audrey2 said it's fear of the Other - that people will not look/think like them, that they will be in the minority. And they know how minorities are treated... imagine, they might vote Democrat! Or worse! AOC!!

• Upvote 6

I couldn't agree more:

image.png.1a7b23f5581e41adc28d8363540d516a.png

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 4