IGNORED

The GOP: Not What It Used to Be

fraurosena

Spray cheese on Ritz crackers and Mountain Dew to drink.  Gohmert strumming out "Silent Night".  That looks like the worst Christmas party ever.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is one party I’m thrilled to avoid.

I can’t hate too hard on the spray cheese because it has a place in Aunt Bell’s house. The Taquitos and I have a certain trashy side and it includes spray cheese. The Dollar General “American” and “Sharp Cheddar” on the DG fake Ritz and the DG saltines are just a little bit of Heaven but the DG spray cheese on the extra toasted Cheez-Its or the DG cheese crackers are downright slap your grandmaw bypass the angels and saints I am on a pink cloud floating around with gorgeous men steering and I have the face and body I did at 18 but the wisdom, brain, and experience I have now goodness. BUT- we know better than to let that trashy side out unless it is among very trusted people and definitely would NEVER allow it to substitute for a party, much less a CONGRESSIONAL PARTY with Ritz crackers and Mountain Dew and horrible guitar! We had better parties as broke college students! Better guitar (hey my friend who played ALL through “American Pie” as we sang it through!), better food (hey I have chips! Hey I have hummus & pita bread! Hey I have some chicken! Ooh I have cheese! I have frozen pizza! Pickles here!); better drinks (Beer! Beer! Cranberry juice! Vodka! Beer! Tequila! Coffee! Coffee? Coffee! Okay bring it! Beer! Sambuca! Bring it! Not sure but it’s in a bottle with foreign marking and it’s alcohol. Bring it!) That party is the party your parents imagined you had when they went away for the weekend complete with religious songs. All it’s missing is the wholesome game of Chutes & Ladders. 

You know as soon as the camera turned off the drugs came out & the orgy started. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

He’s going to fit right in with the GQP:

• Upvote 5

42 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

What a lovely person. /s

So put another mark in the column for the Rs on the “Pedos, Pervs, and Predators” scorecard. I know the Ds have had their own but the difference is that the Ds usually (ahem Bill Clinton) clean house quickly and hold their members accountable. (Al Franken really did get a raw deal but I commemorate him for taking responsibility for his actions and resigning to keep his situation from becoming a bigger issue for the Ds.) 

• Upvote 6

This is the new member of the Empty G and Bobo caucus:

• Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

That really concerns me about the gingerbread men and women that Jim and his wife make. I've never made a gingerbread person with genitalia but I guess he does.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

On 12/29/2022 at 11:48 AM, smittykins said:

I need to find a way to work “fucktangle” into my daily conversation.

Yeah, me too.  Along with fornicatetangle for when I'm in polite company.

Damar Hamlin suffered a cardiac arrest during Monday Night Football.  So of course all the reich wing idiots like Charlie Kirk had to get their anti-vax plugs in.

Outgoing Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) bashed conservative activist Charlie Kirk for his comments seemingly fueling anti-vaccine conspiracy theories after football star Damar Hamlin suffered a cardiac arrest during the first quarter of a match against the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday night.

Hamlin received on-field medical attention for more than half an hour before being taken to a local hospital, where he's now in a critical condition.

According to a statement by the Buffalo Bills, his heartbeat was restored on the field.

In a tweet, Kirk claimed that the collapse of the 24-year-old Buffalo Bills player fits in a series of recent incidents involving "athletes dropping suddenly," something he said has become an "all too familiar sight right now."

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

That really concerns me about the gingerbread men and women that Jim and his wife make. I've never made a gingerbread person with genitalia but I guess he does.

The gingerbread woman has boobs! Duh! :pb_lol:

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

They were warned. How many times were they told- even from those in their own party like Adam Kinzinger and Liz Cheney- that they had to stand up to Trump or the party was going to go off the rails. Some actively supported Trump, some stood quiet in complicity. They were content to get their packed SCOTUS and other perks, especially if it meant hurting the Ds. Well, the midterms were not what they expected and now they’re being held hostage by a group of extremists who they should have has the guts to shout down and shut up early on. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

This, y'all is peak, PEAK MAGA and "pummeled my junk" has make an appearance in the political lexicon. 

A Herschel Walker campaign aide has accused Matt Schlapp (powerful Trump aligned political strategist, CPAC, chairman of the American Conservative Union and raging homophobe) of "fondling" him (NBC) or "forceful, prolonged groping" (Daily Beast).  

Matt Schlapp is married to unctuous twunt, raging homophobe and former Trump White House aide,  Mercedes Schlapp. They're Catholic, I think, and have 5 kids. 

The aide informed the Walker campaign about what had happened the next morning.  Here's how it went down

Schlapp was campaigning for Walker and the mid-level aide (who has requested anonymity) had been assigned to chauffeur him around.  They started drinking at Capital Grille in Atlanta and then moved on to a Manuel's Tavern, a watering hole for politicos. 

Excerpts from the NBC article: 

Conservative leader Matt Schlapp is accused of fondling a male campaign staffer in Georgia

The Herschel Walker campaign aide said the conservative leader groped him without his consent in October.

"Schlapp, who drank Tito's vodka during the night, began "intruding into my personal space" at the second bar, the staffer said. At one point, Schlapp bumped into the staffer's gun while their legs touched, the staffer said, prompting Schlapp to ask what he was carrying [note: a Sig Sauer, as it turned out]

..."Are you uncomfortable looking at me?" Schlapp asked later, making the aide even more uncomfortable than he already was, he said...

...As the staffer drove from Manuel’s Tavern down the John Lewis Freedom Parkway toward the junction of Interstate 20 and Interstate 85, Schlapp began fondling his leg, he said. That progressed, the staffer said...

..."From Manuel’s Tavern to the Hilton Garden Inn there at the Atlanta airport, he literally had his hands on me," the staffer said in a video he recorded early in the morning of Oct. 20, just a couple of hours after the alleged incident.

[I'll just note here that I did not see this sentence coming]

"Matt Schlapp of the CPAC grabbed my junk and pummeled it at length."

The staffer did not post the video publicly but shared it with NBC News.

Edited by Howl
  • WTF 11

42 minutes ago, Howl said:

Pummeled it?  Schlapp repeatedly hit his crotch?  WTH?

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Howl said:

This, y'all is peak, PEAK MAGA and "pummeled my junk" has make an appearance in the political lexicon. 

A Herschel Walker campaign aide has accused Matt Schlapp (powerful Trump aligned political strategist, CPAC, chairman of the American Conservative Union and raging homophobe) of "fondling" him (NBC) or "forceful, prolonged groping" (Daily Beast).  

Matt Schlapp is married to unctuous twunt, raging homophobe and former Trump White House aide,  Mercedes Schlapp. They're Catholic, I think, and have 5 kids. 

The aide informed the Walker campaign about what had happened the next morning.  Here's how it went down

Schlapp was campaigning for Walker and the mid-level aide (who has requested anonymity) had been assigned to chauffeur him around.  They started drinking at Capital Grille in Atlanta and then moved on to a Manuel's Tavern, a watering hole for politicos. 

Excerpts from the NBC article: 

Conservative leader Matt Schlapp is accused of fondling a male campaign staffer in Georgia

The Herschel Walker campaign aide said the conservative leader groped him without his consent in October.

"Schlapp, who drank Tito's vodka during the night, began "intruding into my personal space" at the second bar, the staffer said. At one point, Schlapp bumped into the staffer's gun while their legs touched, the staffer said, prompting Schlapp to ask what he was carrying [note: a Sig Sauer, as it turned out]

..."Are you uncomfortable looking at me?" Schlapp asked later, making the aide even more uncomfortable than he already was, he said...

...As the staffer drove from Manuel’s Tavern down the John Lewis Freedom Parkway toward the junction of Interstate 20 and Interstate 85, Schlapp began fondling his leg, he said. That progressed, the staffer said...

..."From Manuel’s Tavern to the Hilton Garden Inn there at the Atlanta airport, he literally had his hands on me," the staffer said in a video he recorded early in the morning of Oct. 20, just a couple of hours after the alleged incident.

[I'll just note here that I did not see this sentence coming]

The staffer did not post the video publicly but shared it with NBC News.

Isn’t there a Schlapp connected to an IFB church scandal?

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Isn’t there a Schlapp connected to an IFB church scandal?

No. You may be thinking if Jack Schaap, formerly of HAC/FBCH. Unrelated.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, apple1 said:

No. You may be thinking if Jack Schaap, formerly of HAC/FBCH. Unrelated.

Yes, Jack Schaap served 9 yrs of a 12 yr sentence and will be on supervised release for an additional 10 years.  He groomed and developed a sexual relationship with a 16-yr-old girl who came to him for counseling. 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1

Iowans are wondering why it can't find anyone to take jobs anymore and is surprised young people are leaving.

All our friends say they’re having a hard time finding people to fill good jobs. Mike Franken said it was one of the first things he heard while campaigning for the U.S. Senate last fall. It is a common lament in Iowa community newspaper circles — small towns have an increasingly difficult time recruiting young people.

We’ve been looking for a reporter for some time. It is difficult convincing someone to move to Northwest Iowa when you are competing with Des Moines or the Twin Cities or someplace West. Storm Lake proves a tough sell even with a college, lake and diverse population. It’s tougher yet in Cherokee.

It’s not just us. We hear it all over the state. It’s not necessarily about the pay or the benefits — a journalism grad we spoke with would rather wait tables for tips in the suburbs than move here for a living wage with health insurance. Others recently laid off at regional newspapers would rather take their chances on unemployment than take a job covering county fairs and rodeos.

The problem is widespread. We were speaking with Liz Garst of Coon Rapids about how there is an apparent enmity for rural places. The Garst family endowed Whiterock Conservancy, a fantastic nature spread along the Raccoon River which has been very successful, and is looking for an executive director. She hasn’t been able to convince great candidates who interview to move to a small town even for a dream job.

When you have a corrupt stinking shit pile of a government places like Minnesota or Illinois become much more attractive.

• Upvote 3

What a disgusting person:

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic