IGNORED

M is for Mama 10: Another Narcissist Another Day

Coconut Flan

25 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

That would require Braggie to be capable of feeling shame.

That's a specifically designed piano closet, thank you very much. It's called interior design, look it up.

(I am being very sarcastic here, if that's not clear)

It's, like, the Magnolia Pearl of interior design.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

On 1/7/2021 at 12:34 PM, TuringMachine said:

I bet she's on the "it was actually antifa" train.

Posted this in the Rod thread, but it's too good not to share. 

20210109_002109.jpg.2bc3235d08ef48b638a18dd71849cf75.jpg

51 minutes ago, zeebaneighba said:

Why is there a piano in a closet??

It's attracted to pianos of the same gender and has to stay there as long as it lives in Abbie's house.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 20
  • Love 3

I. Can. Not. With. Her.

Yes, Braggie, you're going to be kicked off all social media and your blog will no longer be hosted because...you're a persecuted conservative Christian? I guess? Everything you post is terrible, but so far you haven't incited sedition or an actual riot or anything.

It's "WHEN they kick me off" for me

#weliveinthesamecountrywhereitsactuallyillegaltoinciteseditionandriots 

20210110_205334.jpg

Edited by RachelDM
Forgot something
  • Disgust 6

32 minutes ago, RachelDM said:

I. Can. Not. With. Her.

Yes, Braggie, you're going to be kicked off all social media and your blog will no longer be hosted because...you're a persecuted conservative Christian? I guess? Everything you post is terrible, but so far you haven't incited sedition or an actual riot or anything.

20210110_205334.jpg

So Braggie, do you incite riots? No? Then you’ll be fine. 

• Upvote 8

9 hours ago, RachelDM said:

I. Can. Not. With. Her.

20210110_205334.jpg

She's so important, y'all. ???

• Haha 9

Oh Braggie, you are really pushing the persecution angle, aren't you? No one's buying your lies - you are just not that important. That is the real truth she's running from in my opinion.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, JMO said:

I'm going to rename "misformama" to "misinformationmama".

Can this be part of the next thread title? You are amazing @JMO

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

Abbie is a garbage human being. She proudly displays her intellectual laziness by shrugging off the state of the world and simply retreating to "Jesus is better". She doesn't give a shit because she's a white Christian nationalist. Her biggest problem is finding her snow boots. 

Spoiler

152084197_Screenshot_20210111-1908292.png.d4fbcbeb4239c000deac2e92fc24211a.png620874279_Screenshot_20210111-1908372.png.135a04787a468c219ca1503f8b3889a0.png

Her latest post is about the Texas snow. Shaun crawled out from his home office to build a snowman with the boys only because it's snowman not snow-woman.

I know this is BEC but those porch posts with the huge gap at the bottom that end in the planter boxes drive me nuts every time I see them. They look so poorly done. 

Spoiler

1304548945_Screenshot_20210111-1908482.png.1c93e37a6da7a841f1bb7e18f525f718.png287533976_Screenshot_20210111-1908572.png.5fc9c05bac9ff2e5d035f3fbb0b796ba.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Disgust 4

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

I know this is BEC but those porch posts with the huge gap at the bottom that end in the planter boxes drive me nuts every time I see them. They look so poorly done. 

Why did you point this out....now I can't unsee it :D

And: I mean, this is a pretty awesome snowman, got to give them that, but why did the girls not get to build one or help? Or just roll around in the snow? I hope she just didn't picture it....but knowing her...

Man this whole gender role shit is so annoying to me. I would love nothing more than to be a mom and have kids one day and ideally stay home with them.....but I sure as hell also can build my own furniture, hang my lamps and get dirty with the best of them. And I am so glad I was never raised hearing: that's not for girls (except for people outside my family)....but my best friend (who was raised that way) almost wrote my obituary last year when I told her I need to change out my lamps (and offered up her equally concerned husband ?)

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 1

I wonder if Abbie reads here. Or responding to criticism elsewhere.  The reason I think she might is, because usually her kids are holding the siblings and Abbie's the only holding a child. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I wonder if Abbie reads here. Or responding to criticism elsewhere.  The reason I think she might is, because usually her kids are holding the siblings and Abbie's the only holding a child. 

There have been other instances of her responding to something posted here, so yeah...

I dare Braggie to post a pic of 'fun dad' Shaun actually taking care of his own kids, you know, the babies and toddlers, not just playing around with the older kids who are self-sufficient.  I think I'll be waiting a while...

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

There have been other instances of her responding to something posted here, so yeah...

I dare Braggie to post a pic of 'fun dad' Shaun actually taking care of his own kids, you know, the babies and toddlers, not just playing around with the older kids who are self-sufficient.  I think I'll be waiting a while...

I agree, but it has to be something that looks like work and not just playing with the kids. 

I wonder how many diapers Shaun has changed compared to Braggie, Ezra, Simon, and Della. He may have helped change diapers when the oldest ones were babies. But I doubt he does now. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He may have helped change diapers when the oldest ones were babies. But I doubt he does now

I doubt he did it then either

• Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I doubt he did it then either

Since she lived with her parents at the time, you could be right. She and her mother probably changed most of them.

• Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie is a garbage human being. She proudly displays her intellectual laziness by shrugging off the state of the world and simply retreating to "Jesus is better". She doesn't give a shit because she's a white Christian nationalist. Her biggest problem is finding her snow boots. 

Hide contents

152084197_Screenshot_20210111-1908292.png.d4fbcbeb4239c000deac2e92fc24211a.png620874279_Screenshot_20210111-1908372.png.135a04787a468c219ca1503f8b3889a0.png

Her latest post is about the Texas snow. Shaun crawled out from his home office to build a snowman with the boys only because it's snowman not snow-woman.

Hide contents

1304548945_Screenshot_20210111-1908482.png.1c93e37a6da7a841f1bb7e18f525f718.png287533976_Screenshot_20210111-1908572.png.5fc9c05bac9ff2e5d035f3fbb0b796ba.png

The phrase "genuine pure white powder" cracked me up. I don't think that means what Abbie thinks it does. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 20

13 hours ago, Joe Pukepail said:

The phrase "genuine pure white powder" cracked me up. I don't think that means what Abbie thinks it does. 

I really need some of her genuine pure white powder today, preferably from Peru.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

I really need some of her genuine pure white powder today, preferably from Peru.

Me too, I need more (crackhead) energy to help me quit procrastinating on my thesis :P:D 

And after the Rufus blesses on my post: I need to add that my friend is bad ass ( more than she thinks) but everything that needs tools is a mans job to her (I blame her mom, who I decidedly DON'T like and her being from a conservative part of russia).

I think we both find each others opinion on that matter a bit weird but love each other all the same :D

And to get back on topic: I am also in the 'Shaun changed no diapers' camp...I wonder if he even remembers all their names, he seems so checked out of his families life :(

• Upvote 4

On 1/4/2021 at 9:23 AM, The butcher's wife said:

Abbie swears by it; she just hasn't talked about it in awhile. I'll leave the link to her blog post: http://www.misformama.net/2017/03/mama-life-hacks-11-grape-juice-activated-charcoal-to-combat-stomach-bugs.html

Apparently some of her readers gave her that tip when Shaun was on a work trip while she was pregnant with Theo and all of the kids got sick. She then did some thorough online research, decided there is science behind it as charcoal "absorbs" the evil bacteria causing the stomach bug and grape juice carries some "particular acid", also combating said bacteria. According to Abbie, the grape juice only works preventatively and she is aware of the purple puke, but it is needed to mask the black colour the charcoal will lend to any drink; and the charcoal apparently also works to stop an already ongoing bug.

Re: the burning of the christmas tree. That would be a norse funeral ritual, about as pagan as it gets. Also, you won't see me handing flaming arrows to teenage boys in a hurry. Whatever could go wrong?

A little late to the stomach talk, but I can only stand her in small doses instead of everyday. I save my energy for the Rod threats.

So much wtf in her statement about stomach bugs and charcoal. First off, most of the times when having a stomach bug, it's a virus, not a bacteria. The kind of stomach bug where a kid or adult suffer for a day and than all is well? Congrats, very likely to be the norovirus. One of the most infectious viruses out there. You only need between 10 and 100 virus fragments to get infected, the virus survives for days on surfaces and you need stronger desinfectants to kill them . And while you will be feeling well again after a day or two, you will be highly infectious for 2 weeks after having it. And she is visiting church with a puking child, great. And would it be motion sickness, we wouldn't hear the end of it, more to her martyrdom of motherhood to write on IG.
Second, activated charcoal is really great when needed, but it neither absorb bacteria nor viruses. What it does is, that it absorbs the toxins some bacteria produce and thats what make you sick when getting that.
And third, giving a puking kid grape juice? Wtf, its just fruit juice, nothing special and high on sugar and besides the staining, you don't want something coloring the puke. The color of the puke can tell you if something is really wrong.

2 hours ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

Working at a dispensing pharmacy, I think I can arrange something. It won't be from Peru, but from a pharmaceutical factory and in high quality. You will get what's written on the bottle.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

Personally, I don't need constant reminders to use "gentle speech". In my real life I'm extremely soft spoken and rarely raise my voice or engage in any sort of argument. I grew up in an environment with an unstable parent who behaved very similarly to Abbie. It really set the tone for my life and how I choose to conduct myself. I feel for those kids. I guarantee that if mom needs constant reminders to unclench her fists and not punch her screen, then there's nothing gentle about her. This is a recurring theme that tells me that Abbie has learned exactly zero ways to cope with her misplaced frustration. Maybe instead of yet another #gentlenesschallenge, she should try the #licensedprofessionalchallenge. 

Spoiler

992612468_Screenshot_20210112-1448032.png.64e9d6b5459cb575bf48402f737b4dfb.png3495866_Screenshot_20210112-1448142.png.df7804164f74d8cf7501acfa2ea24d9c.png

• I Agree 8

39 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Personally, I don't need constant reminders to use "gentle speech". In my real life I'm extremely soft spoken and rarely raise my voice or engage in any sort of argument. I grew up in an environment with an unstable parent who behaved very similarly to Abbie. It really set the tone for my life and how I choose to conduct myself. I feel for those kids. I guarantee that if mom needs constant reminders to unclench her fists and not punch her screen, then there's nothing gentle about her. This is a recurring theme that tells me that Abbie has learned exactly zero ways to cope with her misplaced frustration. Maybe instead of yet another #gentlenesschallenge, she should try the #licensedprofessionalchallenge. 

Hide contents

992612468_Screenshot_20210112-1448032.png.64e9d6b5459cb575bf48402f737b4dfb.png3495866_Screenshot_20210112-1448142.png.df7804164f74d8cf7501acfa2ea24d9c.png

Does she ever stop to notice how smug and condescending she sounds? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Does she ever stop to notice how smug and condescending she sounds? 

Narcissists rarely do. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

OMG she really has anger issues OR she is really stressed.

I will go with anger issues, because it is always directed at someone else.

I personally get like that when I am completely stressed and overwhelmed but never AT someone.

example: I nanny for a family with three kids and when they were 1,1, and 3 there were times when the babies were hungry/tired and screaming and clinging to me (I am sure every mom knows the scenario) while I was trying to remedy things and the three year old being a three year old constantly wanted attention...or did something "bad" to get it.....was I stressed? Sure....Was I ALWAYS gentle and kind...no, I might have snapped at the toddler to stop it once. And then took a deep breath and dealt with things one by one. I did not hit anyone, I sure as hell did not want to punch anyone and I ESPECIALLY did not think he was a sinner for acting out/wanting the attention on him...AND I apologized for me being sharp with him. And this was the absolute chaos/mayhem stage which lasted maybe 10 minutes each time.

She has a number of older kids who do the momming for her (sadly) and yet every little non-stepford thing her toddlers do are driving her up the wall and she  punches her phone over a facebook comment from a stranger....and thats just the things she is willing to share with the internet. Those poor kids :(

• Upvote 13

Why the fuck do you need a 30 day gentleness challenge? I mean, I get stress...trust me, I get stress. However, there are ways to compartmentalize it...like, if you are pissed at the current political situation, don't take it out on your dog, cat, kid, spouse...just rant and rave to yourself. If your kids are driving you bonkers (and yeah...mine did and do), take a step back, a deep breath and realize they're just little people. I mean, baby A has reached the stage where she wants to be mobile but her body isn't quite ready for it. So, she gets frustrated when she can't easily reach a toy on her playmat or her little legs won't hold her in a standing position because she just doesn't have the balance yet. Yes, she has rip-roaring ballistic shit fits over it...because she's frustrated. She yells and squeals and cries out of frustration. I get it. But, instead of stressing out about it, it's easier to pick her up, tickle her, give her a toy, talk to her than listen to her have her shit fit. But, for Braggie, that would involve actually paying attention to a child...yeah, nevermind. that ain't gonna fly. 

Baby A's smiles when you finally figure out what she wants are absolutely lovely...those 2 little teeth she happily shows off...

(yes, I'm utterly besotted with her too)

• Love 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic