IGNORED

M is for Mama 10: Another Narcissist Another Day

Coconut Flan

12 hours ago, tankgirl said:

Bad news don't count on that and don't hate me but expect more bugs the first bit that they go back :( With our schools open even with precautions, the first weeks back both of mine who are rarely sick, both brought stuff home and worse one gave it to both of us adults too. We were the sickest we had been in ages, but after a few months we seemed to get our steam back. But schools are closing again so who knows what happens next go around :(

And ginger is totally better the grape juice and activated charcoal  for a bad stomach. Mythbusters even found ginger the best non medicinal remedy for seasickness too. But activated charcoal is on trend right now, that is how you get a lot of the black foods. Personally, I find it the best thing to remove stick from things like trash bins and cat boxes, even used it in the nappy/diaper pail. But not keen on eating any. These people seem to believe everything they read but actual science.

I get atrocious motion sickness and don't own a car. Riding the bus, especially in the winter when the roads are bumpy because of hard-packed snow, is basically an invitation for me to retch/dry heave all the way to my destination. It's awesome. Ginger candies have saved me from ralphing all over a city bus more times than I can count. I'm a puker in general (thank you mom for this wonderful genetic tendency) and always have some lying around. Protip: the ones sold at Asian markets seem like they have more ginger and work better! Mmmm so spicy! Plus if I DO end up puking, there's a nice gingery flavor! ?

• Upvote 7

NotMyKid is in school full time and we are all very grateful for it. They’ve definitely gotten sick less but their school is also very, very careful. A few weeks ago they were sent home for a cough. Parents and I didn’t see any cough, but they isolated and took Kid to get a covid tear (negative) because the school wanted it. Later that week I watched as Kid crammed their mouth full of food and, after getting it down, coughed a few times. Parents and I laughed, because the cough was solved: it wasn’t caused by covid but by lack of chewing. Oops! Better safe than sorry, though.

I’m allergic to marijuana which one of my neighbors smokes. Every time my eyes start watering and I cough, sneeze, etc, I am convinced that I have covid and am facing death because OCD is great like that. A few hours later I remember to take a Claritin and am miraculously cured. 

Yeah, Braggies kids are sick because they’re out too much. And the infants don’t have great immune systems yet. I’d say what is she thinking but we all know that she doesn’t - think, that is.

• Upvote 8

Activated charcoal is trendy right now, but there is evidence to support its use for stomach bugs. At least, it appears to help with the diarrhea and gas pains that may accompany it. It's particularly helpful with toxins or food poisoning and we give it in the client regularly.

Abbie's 2021 is already ruined because Nancy Pelosi wants to use inclusive gender neutral terms like 'sibling of my parent'. She calls it "utterly hostile" but how? If Christian dominionism isn't the law of the land, the Abbies of the world scream persecution. Inclusivity isn't going away, die mad about it if you want. 

Spoiler

644142690_Screenshot_20210105-1131172.png.18796c3fdad862487d4a54b313466698.png216920331_Screenshot_20210105-1131362.thumb.png.72eb25af5673412e953de1ad1e64f472.png

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie's 2021 is already ruined because Nancy Pelosi wants to use inclusive gender neutral terms like 'sibling of my parent'. She calls it "utterly hostile" but how? If Christian dominionism isn't the law of the land, the Abbies of the world scream persecution. Inclusivity isn't going away, die mad about it if you want. 

Hide contents

644142690_Screenshot_20210105-1131172.png.18796c3fdad862487d4a54b313466698.png216920331_Screenshot_20210105-1131362.thumb.png.72eb25af5673412e953de1ad1e64f472.png

She’s such a smug asshole. I’m glad she’s pissy. I hope she’s even prissier in a couple weeks when Biden becomes President. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Mine have gone back hybrid and still haven’t caught anything. Luckily their school is militant about covid.

Yeah, England didn't give too many fucks overall, and you can only be so careful when some of the Bubbles were 1000+ kids and no hybrid every one had to be in full time. We knew kids who had to self isolate for close contact 3 and 4 times, 10 days each time depending on how slow the tests were, between Sept and December. ??

Yeah, sorry I am super ranty right now, but the fact they decided to close schools at 8pm, the same day, after many kids just went back and they said everything was fine, has made me ranty.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 3

21 minutes ago, tankgirl said:

Yeah, England didn't give too many fucks overall, and you can only be so careful when some of the Bubbles were 1000+ kids and no hybrid every one had to be in full time. We knew kids who had to self isolate for close contact 3 and 4 times, 10 days each time depending on how slow the tests were, between Sept and December. ??

Yeah, sorry I am super ranty right now, but the fact they decided to close schools at 8pm, the same day, after many kids just went back and they said everything was fine, has made me ranty.

That sucks! I would be Ranty too. I’m fairly lucky with our school district. It’s small and I know a lot of the teachers and families. Most have taken covid seriously so it helps. Only a small percentage of the staff and kids have actually had covid. And no one got it from school so far. But my best friend is a teacher in a school district that is ass backwards and they’ve fucked the whole thing up pretty royally. So it’s totally hit or miss here in the US. 

• Upvote 6

Piggybacking on @JermajestyDuggar and @tankgirl’s posts/rants because I’m so angry about how my school is handling Covid. I’m a teacher in the south and in our state every single county is classified as high risk by DHEC and despite every single county around me being virtual right now, my district said that not only are we going virtual, but that some schools can now move from hybrid to full face to face. It’s ridiculous and in the last two days that we’ve been back, we’ve reported 10 cases from our 1500 kids, continuing our trend where we had almost 30 cases in Dec when we didn’t even go to school the whole month because of the holidays. Plus our principal just spent over $100K on plexiglass shields for the desks and they’re hazy and scratched and none of my kids can see through them. Everything sucks and I’m not going to lie, this year is testing me and I think about quitting once a week. I’d kill to be in a state/country where they were actually taking Covid seriously. 

• Love 15

12 hours ago, anachronistic said:

I’m allergic to marijuana which one of my neighbors smokes. Every time my eyes start watering and I cough, sneeze, etc, I am convinced that I have covid and am facing death because OCD is great like that. A few hours later I remember to take a Claritin and am miraculously cured. 

The pollen count has been huge this year due to the La Nina system, and my son has had about 3 months straight of a runny nose and sneezing. If it weren't for antihistamines we'd be looking at weekly testing - fortunately he is responding well to them. Every week though I tick yes on the "did he have a runny nose?" question in flutracking survey, then no on the "did you get him tested?" question and feel slightly guilty about it!

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Shiny said:

Activated charcoal is trendy right now, but there is evidence to support its use for stomach bugs. At least, it appears to help with the diarrhea and gas pains that may accompany it. It's particularly helpful with toxins or food poisoning and we give it in the client regularly.

I admittedly used activated charcoal when I had to deal with severe diarrhea a few years back and it was a life saver.

I had to drink activated charcoal after a medication overdose. Never again. I can't believe she gives it to her kids... Poor babies.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

The thing is, the kid could have only been car sick. She even said it. No need to fill him with black shit if the problem is remedied very easily by staying home. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Little One's school goes back to in person next Monday. I don't think the numbers have gone down enough around here to justify that. I think they're giving in to parental pressure to get the kids back in school. But, I'm a total ninny about this stuff. Little One was hospitalized in her home country about a year and a half ago with pneumonia and was very ill. I don't think her little lungs would be up to fighting off COVID now. So, grandma worries and prays. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 10

Poor kid! I wouldn't be surprised if it's motion sickness; isn't 18-24 months about when it tends to show up? And they live way far out, don't they?

My state/county/district is taking it seriously (Elder's preschool tracks the public school district we're in), and his school is incredibly careful. The district only just went back to hybrid; it's actually really weird seeing school buses again! Cases are still so high, though, and so many parents were agitating for kids to go back anyway. I wanted to ask them if they were social distancing/masking up to make that happen!

@feministxtian, your granddaughter sounds like the daughter of a church member. The last full year of school, the poor girl had a cold turn into pneumonia two or three times. They're keeping her home right now, probably through this school year and maybe into next.

• Upvote 3

On 1/5/2021 at 6:23 PM, tankgirl said:

Ugh, I am sorry. I don't have children and the past year has made me realize that I could never handle it. I know that these are exceptional times, but the decisions people have had to make and the consequences for the same have given me such secondhand anxiety. I don't know how any of you do it. I don't know how your kids are doing it. ❤️ I know there are really no good options as far as school goes, but one would imagine that the school districts just making a choice for either remote or in-person  and sticking it out through the end of the term would be better than this constant upheaval. I am an adult and can't work well without some kind of routine. I fear that this year is going to have effects on some children's educational development for the rest of their lives. Sometimes, you fall so far behind that you cannot catch up. I think we've all had a class where we experienced this and eventually just gave up. I hate to imagine that being a child's experience with every subject. 

• I Agree 3
  • Love 3

So has Braggie made the events of yesterday all about her yet? Or is she just ignoring? Because she didn’t ignore BLM protests that’s for sure. She complained about those. So you would think she would complain about a protest that turned into a riot that turned into an insurrection. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So has Braggie made the events of yesterday all about her yet? Or is she just ignoring? Because she didn’t ignore BLM protests that’s for sure. She complained about those. So you would think she would complain about a protest that turned into a riot that turned into an insurrection. 

I bet she's on the "it was actually antifa" train.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Of course she has. She had to make a statement because people were just clamoring for a voice of reason.

Her words of comfort? Keep making spiritual PB&J's for the Lord. I had no idea Jesus liked grape jelly.

Spoiler

1278494480_Screenshot_20210106-2001212.png.d7778a108d514f1258831674a057faad.png334536785_Screenshot_20210106-2001412.thumb.png.bab1b88f751e807554494a09ab90bbfe.png957253325_Screenshot_20210106-2001462.png.e98f56fc255ed01e13a51ab694ffe9d8.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Thank You 1

21 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Of course she has. She had to make a statement because people were just clamoring for a voice of reason.

Her words of comfort? Keep making spiritual PB&J's for the Lord. I had no idea Jesus liked grape jelly.

Hide contents

1278494480_Screenshot_20210106-2001212.png.d7778a108d514f1258831674a057faad.png334536785_Screenshot_20210106-2001412.thumb.png.bab1b88f751e807554494a09ab90bbfe.png957253325_Screenshot_20210106-2001462.png.e98f56fc255ed01e13a51ab694ffe9d8.png

Boy is that a different post from the times she complained about BLM.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Someone asked her for ideas on things to do on a day spent in DFW.  Her answer consisted entirely of restaurants and shopping.  IOW, as we all know, she is obsessed with food and her appearance and not much else.

There are amazing things to do and see in DFW...the Dallas Art Museum, the Kimbell and modern art museums in Fort Worth, the Dallas Arboretum, the Holocaust Museum, Thanks-Giving Square, the Book Depository museum...etc. etc. etc.  I wonder if she's ever darkened the door of any of them.

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

Someone asked her for ideas on things to do on a day spent in DFW.  Her answer consisted entirely of restaurants and shopping.  IOW, as we all know, she is obsessed with food and her appearance and not much else.

There are amazing things to do and see in DFW...the Dallas Art Museum, the Kimbell and modern art museums in Fort Worth, the Dallas Arboretum, the Holocaust Museum, Thanks-Giving Square, the Book Depository museum...etc. etc. etc.  I wonder if she's ever darkened the door of any of them.

Being a homeschool mom, you would think she would be going to those places all the time. I go to educational places with my kids more than she does and I send my kids to public school. 

• Upvote 12

On 1/5/2021 at 3:25 PM, SuperNova said:

Abbie's 2021 is already ruined because Nancy Pelosi wants to use inclusive gender neutral terms like 'sibling of my parent'.

Abbie "read somewhere that Nancy Pelosi plans to..." is the giveaway.  It's complete bullshit, Nancy Pelosi is planning no such thing.

Here, Abbie, fixed it for ya: "I read somewhere on some deranged wing-nut whackadoo fundy Christian facebook page with zero basis in reality that Nancy Pelosi plans to..."

• Upvote 14

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Abbie "read somewhere that Nancy Pelosi plans to..." is the giveaway.  It's complete bullshit, Nancy Pelosi is planning no such thing.

Here, Abbie, fixed it for ya: "I read somewhere on some deranged wing-nut whackadoo fundy Christian facebook page with zero basis in reality that Nancy Pelosi plans to..."

I would be so embarrassed if I spread misinformation on social media for thousands of people to read. How does she not get embarrassed when she spreads lies? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 1/7/2021 at 3:12 PM, SuperNova said:

Hide contents

Why is there a piano in a closet??

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would be so embarrassed if I spread misinformation on social media for thousands of people to read. How does she not get embarrassed when she spreads lies? 

That would require Braggie to be capable of feeling shame.

1 minute ago, zeebaneighba said:

Why is there a piano in a closet??

That's a specifically designed piano closet, thank you very much. It's called interior design, look it up.

(I am being very sarcastic here, if that's not clear)

• Haha 17

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic