IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 26

GreyhoundFan

image.thumb.png.47f02caac8c9b0b994694e5917b3c4aa.png

Oh, and setting up the end of democracy. 

Edited by AnywhereButHere
  • Upvote 14

image.png.223eb9e7a56da8844904929730e9e546.png

"Trump Tapes"

After hearing tapes of Donald Trump’s call with Georgia’s secretary of state, I’m even more convinced he’s going to issue a self-pardon.

On Saturday, Donald Trump called Brad Raffensperger, the secretary of state, and harangued the guy for over an hour. It was a phone call the secretary shouldn’t have taken. Raffensperger was kind and courteous, telling Donald Trump at one point, “You have the wrong data,” instead of losing his cool and saying, “Stop calling me after freebasing 8chan, you corrupt orange conspiracy-minded lunatic!!!!”. Or something to that effect.

Donald Trump’s defense in that he didn’t break the law yesterday would be that he honestly believes in everything he said. He believes votes for Biden were counted three times. He believes dead people were voting. He believes out-of-state residents voted. He believes Dominion voting machines hijacked the election for Biden. He believes Dominion took out machines after the election so they couldn’t be inspected, or inner parts of them were replaced. He believes officials are stealing the election from him. He believes Fulton County is corrupt. He believes ballots were “shredded” in Fulton County. He believes the count is off by “hundreds of thousands” of votes. He believes a water main broke in a room where people were counting votes, then they rushed out leaving ballots unattended and while they were gone, leprechauns fucked with them or some shit like that….anyway. His best defense is that he’s fucking nuts.

And being desperate and nuts isn’t a great defense when you’re president (sic). I mean, do we really want a lunatic as our president (sic)? Apparently, a little less than half our nation does. Half our nation is comprised of lunatics.

But in regards to Donald Trump’s defense, can he be excused if he really doesn’t believe he was threatening Georgia’s secretary of state and his lawyer, Ryan Germany (who Trump said has a very nice last name) with prison if they didn’t overturn the state election for him?

While it was rambling and at times, barely coherent, it was a threat when Trump said, “But the ballots are corrupt. And you’re going to find that they are — which is totally illegal, it is more illegal for you than it is for them because, you know what they did and you’re not reporting it. That’s a criminal — that’s a criminal offense. And you can’t let that happen. That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer. And that’s a big risk. But they are shredding ballots, in my opinion, based on what I’ve heard. And they are removing machinery and they’re moving it as fast as they can, both of which are criminal finds. And you can’t let it happen and you are letting it happen. You know, I mean, I’m notifying you that you’re letting it happen.”

The highlights from that one paragraph alone: That’s criminal. That’s a big risk to you. It’s more illegal for you than it is for them. I’m notifying you that you’re letting it happen.

The most sketchy part of the conversation, out of a lot of sketchy shit, is when Donald Trump told Raffensperger to get him a specific number of votes. Donald Trump told Raffensperger to give him 11,780 more votes than he currently has. Why that number? Because Joe Biden beat him by 11,779. These votes don’t exist, so where are they supposed to come from?

In the call, Trump said, “All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have because we won the state.” He then said, “So what are we going to do here, folks? I only need 11,000 votes. Fellas, I need 11,000 votes. Give me a break.”

Donald Trump is telling a state official to break the law, to disenfranchise voters, to overturn an election, and to violate democracy. This is what a mob boss does. This is literally what a fascist does.

Everything Donald Trump believes is a lie. And since he needs more than Georgia to flip for him to win the election, who is in other states is he calling to flip?

On Wednesday, Congress will count the electoral college and validate the election for President-Elect Joe Biden. Currently, we know of 140 House members and 12 senators who are going to object. They’re objecting to democracy. They never should have signed on to this coup but after hearing the tape of Trump’s call with Georgia, they should step back. Elected representatives, you know, who got their positions by being elected, shouldn’t object to an election.

It’s bad enough there are insane people out there believing all these conspiracy theories. I’ve had these Qnuts tweet at me in all caps that Biden will never be inaugurated. Do they believe they’ll find corruption and prove Donald Trump won, or do they believe in something worse? Do they believe something terrible is going to happen? Are they part of the plan in making something terrible happen?

Donald Trump is inviting and encouraging his MAGAt base to come to Washington on January 6. What will he do after Wednesday? What argument will they take? What new plan will develop to keep Donald Trump on a throne of power? Trump goons have already plotted to kidnap the female governor of Michigan after Trump tweeted “Liberate Michigan.” During one of the debates, he told Proud Boys to “stand by.” What is he telling them to do now? What are they discussing on 8chan, Parler and wherever the hell is that dark shadows congregate?

During the call, Raffensperger tried to shoot down Trump’s conspiracy theories and said, “The problem you have with social media, they — people can say anything.” Donald Trump replied, “Oh, this isn’t social media. This is Trump media.”

Trump media is where they decide their own facts. What are they saying over there?

This is not the first record of Donald Trump engaging in corruption in a phone call. Transcripts were released of his call with the president of Ukraine where he demanded him to investigate Joe Biden and his son or Donald Trump wouldn’t released military aid that had already been approved by Congress. Donald Trump was impeached for that and the Senate of corrupt Republicans acquitted him. Now, he’s breaking the law by telling, and begging, a government official to break the law.

Donald Trump probably won’t need any defense because Georgia is controlled by Republicans so they won’t prosecute him and federally, he’s going to pardon himself. Since the election, Donald Trump has proven time and time again that voting him out of office was the right thing to do.

Joe Biden won the election. This is a fact. There was no mass voter fraud. In the United States, the loser doesn’t win the election (unless he/she wins the most votes but loses the electoral college, but we’ll get back to that another day). If Republicans somehow succeed in stealing the election not just from Joe Biden, but from the American people, then what sort of presidency will Donald Trump operate? After the Senate acquitted him, he just upped his game of corruption. He knew he wouldn’t be punished for anything. If you steal an election for him, then you’re not going to have a president. You’ll have a dictator.

Why would any Republican want to throw out democracy for a fascist state? That’s what I don’t get.

Donald Trump and Republicans are fighting for fascism. Lock them up.

• Upvote 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic