IGNORED

Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand

samurai_sarah

In Jinger’s instastory they are doing an interview with UsWeekly and Jeremy has never looked happier. Christian ministry my arse, getting his face in gossip magazines is what it’s all about.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 13

16 hours ago, artdecades said:

Goodreads is doing a giveaway of their book. Im not saying we should all enter so we can win and mock it without paying but here is the link and do with it what you want. 

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/322937-imperishable-hope-finding-peace-in-the-promises-of-god-every-day

On the one hand it is tempting to make sure no one else gets the stupid book but on the other hand I don't want them to think that there are actually people who want the book. Also, I would be too scared my Goodreads-connections will see it ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

Here it is, the article you've all been waiting for....

And although I like freebies it's a solid "no" for me on entering the raffle for their book. Maybe if I had insomnia...nah not even then.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jeremy-vuolo-needed-intense-approval-from-jinger-duggars-dad/

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

“Because we’re so in the public eye … [suitors would come] with the wrong intentions of like, ‘Oh, I want to be on TV,’” Jinger said.

Lol, Jinger. Have you actually met Jeremy fame-whore Vuolo? Of all the Duggar spouses, he is the most desperate for fame. 

• Upvote 26
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 9

It’s humbling to hear that Jeremy says ‘we’re human beings, we have the exact same problems you have’. Who the hell do they think they are?! 
How reassuring for us plebs that the failed footballer turned hate preacher and his gushing wife have known hardships too. 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 32

2 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

“Because we’re so in the public eye … [suitors would come] with the wrong intentions of like, ‘Oh, I want to be on TV,’” Jinger said.

Lol, Jinger. Have you actually met Jeremy fame-whore Vuolo? Of all the Duggar spouses, he is the most desperate for fame. 

Jeremy is the worst Duggar spouse.  As much as I hate all of the Duggar spouses' horrific beliefs, he seems to be the only one that's a complete fame whore.  I honestly think he sought out Jinger just so that he could be on TV.  ugh

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 10

15 minutes ago, fundiefriday said:

Jeremy is the worst Duggar spouse.  As much as I hate all of the Duggar spouses' horrific beliefs, he seems to be the only one that's a complete fame whore.  I honestly think he sought out Jinger just so that he could be on TV.  ugh

Blame it on Jessa & Ben. They introduced him to Jinger. Plus I think Jinger was ok with him being a more mainstream/fundie...if there's any such a thing?

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, fundiefriday said:

I think Ben is a close second.

Yes that is from me....

Derek is just all around gross so he wins a separate prize

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jeremy-vuolo-needed-intense-approval-from-jinger-duggars-dad/

apparently the questionnaire asked intense personal questions.....

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, nst said:

apparently the questionnaire asked intense personal questions.....

I'm very curious to know what they were. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Why do all the Duggars think it's ok that dad made their potential suitors complete an intense 50 page questionnaire? Why don't they know enough to hide that?  It's bizarre.  Truly bizarre. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Did anyone pick up on Jinger having doubts about marrying Jeremy. That seemed a bit odd to me.

• Upvote 8

10 minutes ago, medimus said:

Did anyone pick up on Jinger having doubts about marrying Jeremy. That seemed a bit odd to me.

JB and M had doubts at first. 

• Upvote 7

My pick for the worst Duggar husband is still Austin. Completely engulfed in fundamentalism, he seems incapable of questioning anything. He comes across as narrowminded and judgmental. I see this only getting worse as he gets older. He also can be very reckless.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

I honestly think Jerms wouldn’t have passed muster prior to Joshgate(s), but Boob needed a ‘win’ once the scandals broke. Jerms lucked out.

And Jerms ‘just happened’ to be at the same event as Benessa when they met? If you believe that, I have some swampland in FL to sell you...

• Upvote 17

8 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

My pick for the worst Duggar husband is still Austin. Completely engulfed in fundamentalism, he seems incapable of questioning anything. He comes across as narrowminded and judgmental. I see this only getting worse as he gets older. He also can be very reckless.

I think Austin affords Joy and their kids some of the least potential of getting out of the cult, and I agree that he seems oblivious to things like child safety in really reckless and dangerous ways. But I feel like he and Joy are pretty evenly matched and comfortable with each other. The Jeremy/Jinger relationship to me feels far more manipulative and unequal. Like Jeremy sought out someone he could wield control over while propelling himself to fame, and he didn't care who that person actually was. When Jinger was younger, she showed some signs of spunkiness and sass (hence the name of this site). But since she's been with Jeremy, it seems he's turned her into his Stepford wife in a way that creeps me out.

• Upvote 26
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 7

Just now, OHFL2009 said:

I think Austin affords Joy and their kids some of the least potential of getting out of the cult, and I agree that he seems oblivious to things like child safety in really reckless and dangerous ways. But I feel like he and Joy are pretty evenly matched and comfortable with each other. The Jeremy/Jinger relationship to me feels far more manipulative and unequal. Like Jeremy sought out someone he could wield control over while propelling himself to fame, and he didn't care who that person actually was. When Jinger was younger, she showed some signs of spunkiness and sass (hence the name of this site). But since she's been with Jeremy, it seems he's turned her into his Stepford wife in a way that creeps me out.

I see zero signs of them getting out of the cult.  How would Austin get Joy out of the cult when he's just as in it as she is?  I also don't see their relationship as one of equals. When she was pregnant with Gideon, she talked about "not deserving him." 

It's hard to say if Jeremy has changed Jinger completely or if she grew up to be a differently than we expected.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, nst said:

Derek is just all around gross so he wins a separate prize

I think he's one if the better ones*, at least he's not treating Jill like some kind of breeding machine and their kids are going to get a real education.

*Disclaimer: it's a low bar ?

I think Jeremy's the worst, he's just such a twat.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 9

34 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I see zero signs of them getting out of the cult.  How would Austin get Joy out of the cult when he's just as in it as she is?  I also don't see their relationship as one of equals. When she was pregnant with Gideon, she talked about "not deserving him." 

It's hard to say if Jeremy has changed Jinger completely or if she grew up to be a differently than we expected.

You're agreeing with what I said in terms of them getting out of the cult. I said "affords Joy and their kids some of the least potential of getting out of the cult." As in, compared to Ben or Derrick or Jeremy, Austin is most likely to stay in the cult, because he has no experience outside of it and seems happy to stick with the status quo.

But to me, Joy seems genuinely happy and comfortable in the photos and videos we see. Jinger doesn't.

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

And Jerms ‘just happened’ to be at the same event as Benessa when they met? If you believe that, I have some swampland in FL to sell you...

He didn’t just happen to meet them at some event. They went to a meeting he was leading (or something like that.) he didn’t seek them out. A friend of Ben’s gave him the address where Jeremy was to kill some time while waiting for their flight.
Now the relationship that he struck up with them after this initial meeting probably was influenced by wanting to meet the Duggars.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, medimus said:

they're trailing the book. They want it to seem like there was some big drama that everyone will have to buy the book to find out about, whereas it'll be the usual boring 'am I doing the right thing?' testimony crap.

I noticed the video interview ended by just fading out on Jinger as she waffled ineffectually in circles ?

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

On 4/20/2021 at 2:53 AM, artdecades said:

Goodreads is doing a giveaway of their book. Im not saying we should all enter so we can win and mock it without paying but here is the link and do with it what you want. 

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/322937-imperishable-hope-finding-peace-in-the-promises-of-god-every-day

realistically we only need one person to win it, take one for the team and recap it. then we all get a laugh lol

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Someone called it in one of the threads, probably Anna & Josh's but, here comes the Josh redemption tour ... https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-recall-josh-duggar-scandal/

My favorite quote is she found out who her real friends were.  Well Jing, I'm going to go with the ones that held your father and brother liable for molesting children!

• Upvote 18

7 hours ago, medimus said:

maybe behind the scenes because in front of the scenes it was the opposite.

it's them rewriting history. 

they love that

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, JMO said:

Why do all the Duggars think it's ok that dad made their potential suitors complete an intense 50 page questionnaire? Why don't they know enough to hide that?  It's bizarre.  Truly bizarre. 

This is what I want to know, too. This is the epitome of authoritarian abuse and they laugh it off as though JB’s simply protecting his most precious assets!!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic