IGNORED

Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand

samurai_sarah

Continue being truly grand from here:

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

I don't have the energy to deal with looking, does anyone know what this new Home & Stead adventure is about? Are they just selling crap?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

I think it’s hats and a candle so far. People on Jingers Instagram are asking if it’s US made and if the proceeds go to worthy causes. No reply from Jinger. 
The products seem dull and over priced so on brand for the Vuolos. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

I think it’s hats and a candle so far. People on Jingers Instagram are asking if it’s US made and if the proceeds go to worthy causes. No reply from Jinger. 
The products seem dull and over priced so on brand for the Vuolos. 

I'm guessing everything is cheaply made in some sweatshop in some Asian country, and the proceeds will go to the Vuolo's most worthy cause, themselves. LA living ain't cheap y'all. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 9

At the moment it seems to be just four candles and a hat...all overpriced and bland. Why anyone would buy it is something that escapes me, even if you are a fan, is not a book about them or something sign by them for example so ?‍♀️

• Upvote 9

Unless I'm missing something blatantly obvious, how do the words Hope and Stead go together?  It just seems like they flicked through the dictionary and chose the first two words they saw st random.  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

I HOPE their stupid beliefs stand them in good STEAD (not).  I also hope Santa brings them a good Thesaurus.  What a couple of fatheads they have become.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

I'm tired of them acting like the word "hope" is their trademark. There's nothing innately hopeful about overpriced baseball caps or forcing your little sister onto a podcast. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

In Jinger’s instastory Michelle and Jordyn are wearing the caps- I expect they’ll replace the ‘Vote Jed Duggar’ cap as Duggar headwear of choice.

There’s not much information on the website - it looks like the candles were bought in and rebranded. The hats have words like ‘Hope Bold’. Again they look bought in and branded. Quite how this has been a project that has taken months of intensive work is as much of a mystery as how buying a scented candle leads you to God, but I suppose the die hard humpers with more money than sense will buy them.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

Once again, a half-assed effort to bring in $$$$. You know Jana’s store is going to be the same thing. 

Launched on Giving Tuesday of course. Give us money!?

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

I can't believe that their "long awaited" project is this lame. No tee shirts at least? Or cutsie signs? Trying to capitalize on Jesus over a Christmas themed candle?! I'm betting that they plan on more shit but are trying to get it out and started for the Christmas season. They probably originally wanted it to premier last week with more merch but ran into production difficulties.  What a load of pine scented crap.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

I feel like Jinger and Jeremy are trying to follow Audrey and Jeremy Roloff’s footsteps. They’ve both got podcasts, they now both have stores where their brand is a vague phrase (Always More is the Roloff’s), and potentially the Vuolos also have a book of “their story” coming out next year. Next thing we know Jinger will be selling essential oils too ? Their store is super bland and you’d think that for all their hype it would at least have tshirts/sweatshirts or at least more than just hats and candles. I am seeing several people criticizing them on Jinger’s Insta for selling their own merchandise though so at least not all their followers are buying from them. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

There are multiple Bates' ventures, but they make more sense.  Josie has her wedding hair company and now hair accessories, but that makes sense.  She went to Jesus school for that.  Michaela has her sewn baby stuff, but again that built slowly with less fanfare and makes sense.  Honestly, if Jana rolled out a line of home goods/decor I'd get it.  But a huge roll out for some scented candles?  Honestly if Jeremy was selling pretentious pens and Bible covers I'd get it, but this doesn't make sense. 

• Upvote 24
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, LittleOwl said:

Unless I'm missing something blatantly obvious, how do the words Hope and Stead go together?  It just seems like they flicked through the dictionary and chose the first two words they saw st random.  

I don't even know what stead means in this context. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

I assume "Hope and Stead" is a knockoff of the "Hearth and Hand" brand (which is Joanna Gaines' collaboration line with Target, for those unfamiliar.) Doesn't make it make sense, but that's what it reminds me of. And fundies love them some homophobic Joanna Gaines.

Edited by Casserole
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10

I'm going with this as my translation for "hope and stead"....hope you pay attention to us (in)stead if the Dillards who are actually growing and way more interesting than we will ever be.

Honestly when I first saw the green logo on one if the caps I thought it was a Marijuana leaf because I looked so quickly or maybe I was hoping something interesting happened 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 1

They’ve very quickly amended the website to say a portion of the proceeds will go to selected charities and non profits- that wasn’t there yesterday. I’m guessing Jeremy’s mum’s charity and Mediccorps! 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I wonder why Jinger and Jeremy haven’t posted about their new book on social media? Cat’s out of the bag already with it being posted on Amazon. I’ve seen several snark and fan sites post about it as well. I would’ve thought those two would be promoting the hell out of that thing. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

@VBOY9977 They are probably waiting until they can do book signing - I’m sure Jeremy fantasises about being interviewed on non TLC TV and holding court in book shops dressed in a suit and bow tie with queues of adoring Duggar fans who actually only want to see Jinger. 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

They’ve very quickly amended the website to say a portion of the proceeds will go to selected charities and non profits- that wasn’t there yesterday. I’m guessing Jeremy’s mum’s charity and Mediccorps! 

"a portion" can mean anything It can be a random flat amount like every month we give $1.00 from the proceeds to a "charity" or we'll give $0.01 per $1000 made up to $1.00 a year.  We know they need this grift to support themselves. 

Interesting I just clicked on the link in Jinger's IG and it sends you here

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, Casserole said:

I assume "Hope and Stead" is a knockoff of the "Hearth and Hand" brand (which is Joanna Gaines' collaboration line with Target, for those unfamiliar.) Doesn't make it make sense, but that's what it reminds me of. And fundies love them some homophobic Joanna Gaines.

There's a song that says "Jesus is my Hope and Stay." They may have been too certain they knew what the words were to go check the lyrics to be sure. . .

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/mattmaher/lordineedyou.html

I've been a Christian 39 years, in church for longer than that and fundie for most of those and I don't get "hope and stead". Too arrogant to check song lyrics is the best I can come up with.

Edited by nolongerIFBx
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I was thinking it was a play on "homestead"  and then also playing with Hope (b/c Jesus) and Stead(fast b/c Jesus).

The Gaines one I thought was a bit of a rip off from 4-H honestly.

The OG Dugs, and 2nd gen, would really do better marketing their established Duggar brand.  The Gaines Target line worked b/c they already had a major following of their home-stuff themed show. The Duggars should make matching kid outfits, or ready to eat meal kits, family games, or something at least tangentially-related to why they are/were famous. Candles and hats are not it.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

19 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I feel like Jinger and Jeremy are trying to follow Audrey and Jeremy Roloff’s footsteps. They’ve both got podcasts, they now both have stores where their brand is a vague phrase (Always More is the Roloff’s), and potentially the Vuolos also have a book of “their story” coming out next year. Next thing we know Jinger will be selling essential oils too ? Their store is super bland and you’d think that for all their hype it would at least have tshirts/sweatshirts or at least more than just hats and candles. I am seeing several people criticizing them on Jinger’s Insta for selling their own merchandise though so at least not all their followers are buying from them. 

but that would mean if they want to be like Audrey and Jeremy roloff they would leave the show like they did.

One can hope, be like the roloff's

essential oils do work though - lavender i love it

soulful sisters :)

14 minutes ago, Jesquire said:

I was thinking it was a play on "homestead"  and then also playing with Hope (b/c Jesus) and Stead(fast b/c Jesus).

The Gaines one I thought was a bit of a rip off from 4-H honestly.

The OG Dugs, and 2nd gen, would really do better marketing their established Duggar brand.  The Gaines Target line worked b/c they already had a major following of their home-stuff themed show. The Duggars should make matching kid outfits, or ready to eat meal kits, family games, or something at least tangentially-related to why they are/were famous. Candles and hats are not it.

candles must have been a way to pregnancy for these folks...and not wearing hats...get it hats....

condoms

4 hours ago, Idlewild said:

@VBOY9977 They are probably waiting until they can do book signing - I’m sure Jeremy fantasises about being interviewed on non TLC TV and holding court in book shops dressed in a suit and bow tie with queues of adoring Duggar fans who actually only want to see Jinger. 

this is a great post !!! and it's true

visions of the actual show back in the day

• Haha 2

Jeremy has a business degree, but apparently it didn’t do him any good. Instead of going the inspirational, memorable, and relatable route, he went full pretentious try-hard. 

Might want take your marketing class again, Jerms. ‘Hope and Stead’ just inspires eye rolls. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Oh I was reading it as hope and stead pronouncing stead like a horse like donkey does in shrek. I’m a “valiant steed”. Now I realise it’s stead like homestead. I’m wasn’t even reading the right word. My weird mind has no context and was just making stuff up. Now all i read is hope (in)stead. I think I prefer hope and steed. 
do you think they mean stead as in stead fast? 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic