IGNORED

Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand

samurai_sarah

5 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

This is what I want to know, too. This is the epitome of authoritarian abuse and they laugh it off as though JB’s simply protecting his most precious assets!!

I don’t understand how they think it’s okay that Daddy gets to decide whether or not his daughter and the young man can even get to know each other. It really turns everyone involved into his puppets. God gave humans free will but Jim Bob thinks he has the right to take that away?! 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

1 minute ago, Expectopatronus said:

I don’t understand how they think it’s okay that Daddy gets to decide whether or not his daughter and the young man can even get to know each other. It really turns everyone involved into his puppets. God gave humans free will but Jim Bob thinks he has the right to take that away?! 

JB is god supreme in duggarlandia 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Smoochie said:

Someone called it in one of the threads, probably Anna & Josh's but, here comes the Josh redemption tour ... https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-recall-josh-duggar-scandal/

My favorite quote is she found out who her real friends were.  Well Jing, I'm going to go with the ones that held your father and brother liable for molesting children!

This is quite triggering, so apologies in advance. As a victim, Jinger is entitled to deal with the abuse however she wishes. I do worry though having seen Jeremy’s sermons where he is so dismissive of mental illness that this way of addressing the abuse fits in with his narrative. If people dropped the Duggars as friends then it could well be that they had concerns being around a family that covered up abuse while promoting themselves as the epitome of wholesome family life.

Jinger doesn’t seem to join the dots that she is seeking privacy for children yet her parents forced her and her siblings to be public, knowing what they did about Josh. She still defends JB as a great father. I find I it very sad and very hard to watch.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

The comment on their IG live is just beyond awful. Some of these so called fans are just sick.
I remember a few years back Alyssa Bates Webster got very inappropriate comments about her oldest daughter Allie and went off IG for a while. Can't blame her for that. There is a lot you can critize when it comes to people like Jinger or Alyssa, but please leave their kids out of your crap.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

someone had the balls to ask that question? wow, people can't just appreciate life and move on...

why torture Jinger when she already felt/feels tortured about so many things in her life. 

at the same time this whole book thing invites the crazies especially if they are a doing a live facebook or instagram q and a. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I know they like the perks of fame and aren’t keen to get proper jobs but can it really be worth being a z lister hustling for free meals and clothes when you see ghoulish and offensive comments on your Instagram feed? I’d shut the whole thing down. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 12

What kind of person posts something like this? I can’t stand their beliefs but comments like this are beyond the pale. Even if something had happened, no one has the right to private, highly sensitive information about another person’s life. Poor Evangeline if she ever comes across these rumours! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

That is the most bothering thing for me, even if something happened why do you feel entitled to know? It should be their private decision when, how, where, and how much to share about news, is the same thing about miscarriage if someone decided not to share a miscarriage because they feel is a private thing you shouldn't criticize them just because you think they should be public about it. It's gross and wrong full stop

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

That is the most bothering thing for me, even if something happened why do you feel entitled to know? It should be their private decision when, how, where, and how much to share about news, is the same thing about miscarriage if someone decided not to share a miscarriage because they feel is a private thing you shouldn't criticize them just because you think they should be public about it. It's gross and wrong full stop

I think that comment on Jinger's and Jeremy's Instagram is in bad taste and disgusting.

People feel (unjustly) entitled, because these people are celebrities who sell their personal lives for a living. We also saw too much of Felicity so the abrupt turnaround is a little strange.

The comment is still way-out-of-line.

It's also nasty and false. We have no reason to think their younger daughter is dead. There's no evidence that anything has gone wrong. The fact the "rumor" seems made up by this fan makes it worse to me. 

On the other hand, in a serious case where something was wrong, it absolutely would be our business (like in the Caylee Anthony situation). That's obviously not what's going on here.

• Upvote 7

Jeremy was holding Evangeline at Jed’s wedding just a few weeks ago in a group picture. This ‘fan’ was just being provocative to get a response. A lot of jerks out there.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

That comment is fucked. Imagine a) believing that they would hide the death of their child while still promoting a book and b) feeling entitled enough to shame them about not sharing it with strangers. And then imagine not believing that absurdity to be the case and still posting it as a joke or a troll or whatever.  It's fucked any way you look at it.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 15

Awful comment.

Laughable that the only thing that makes these people famous, provides them the ability to have a media presence and ? % supplies them their unrealistic lifestyle is what they are attempting to hide and protect now.

The horse is out of the barn; toothpaste out of the tube. No kids or child exploitation means no show-

Good bye easy life!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

wait now I am lost. I thought they had a miscarriage and named the miscarried baby that name. 

so this is child is alive and some stupid person asked whether the healthy alive baby died? 

insane 

• Upvote 5

Yes Jinger had a miscarriage between Lissy and Evie, but Evie is alive and well they (J and J) have just decided to don't show the kids faces on Instagram (for now they said is for privacy, we will know if it is true after their book is out and we have a new season of CO)

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, viii said:

Their tentative popularity is really going to take a hit without the kids. 

I don’t think they believe that. Somebody on Jeremy’s Instagram commented ‘he really thinks we’re here for him’ and he does. The man has an ego the size of a planet. Jinger is the popular one and that is because she came from a family famous for having lots of children. That’s their USP- not her baking, not her love of all things classical, not hats and candles and certainly not Jeremy’s brand of BS. I feel it’s going to be a steep learning curve.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

10 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Yes Jinger had a miscarriage between Lissy and Evie, but Evie is alive and well they (J and J) have just decided to don't show the kids faces on Instagram (for now they said is for privacy, we will know if it is true after their book is out and we have a new season of CO)

do they not realize then how Jinger got famous in the first place. 

wait til Jeremy figures it out 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I don’t think they believe that. Somebody on Jeremy’s Instagram commented ‘he really thinks we’re here for him’ and he does. The man has an ego the size of a planet. Jinger is the popular one and that is because she came from a family famous for having lots of children. That’s their USP- not her baking, not her love of all things classical, not hats and candles and certainly not Jeremy’s brand of BS. I feel it’s going to be a steep learning curve.

This raises an interesting thought: is it common to mostly relate to others through parenting? I am definitely not fertility obsessed (I'm done with my two!) but most of the instagrams I follow are for the kids: to see what kids of a similar age of mine are like, to be inspired (when they are showing their best aspects of parenting), or to feel like I'm normal (when they show the more real, unpolished side). Even when the social media has a combination of posts (cute kid photo, recipe I made, activity I did with the kids, book I'm reading, family day out, fitness inspo) I like having the kid stuff very visible because it makes the non-kid stuff feel achievable with kids. As soon as the kids go, my interest level drops noticeably.

• Upvote 7

13 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

This raises an interesting thought: is it common to mostly relate to others through parenting? I am definitely not fertility obsessed (I'm done with my two!) but most of the instagrams I follow are for the kids: to see what kids of a similar age of mine are like, to be inspired (when they are showing their best aspects of parenting), or to feel like I'm normal (when they show the more real, unpolished side). Even when the social media has a combination of posts (cute kid photo, recipe I made, activity I did with the kids, book I'm reading, family day out, fitness inspo) I like having the kid stuff very visible because it makes the non-kid stuff feel achievable with kids. As soon as the kids go, my interest level drops noticeably.

now see this i get. here i am this no kid menopausal 49 year old and at the current moment in time could care less of about the sex of baby seewald #4 

but then there is a canadian tv personality who is pregnant and i stumbled upon her instagram and she said because of the pandemic she is more lonely (despite having twins and a husband) so i decided to follow her to support her 

support it's all about who you do it and why. 

the pandemic brings it out in me...

• Upvote 8

I like to follow people who are currently into whatever I'm into. Like when I wanted to become a better cook- I started following certain blogs and and instagram accts. Now, I am into intermittent fasting and low carbs, so I follow that stuff more (but damn I still like to talk about food ?). Another thing I'm obsessed with at the moment is women who decide to go gray. It's like a whole new interest- what products to use, how to grow out old color, embracing the gray, etc. Twenty years ago I was all about parenting. I don't really know *why* I'm interested in the duggars and bates- I guess it comes from a long fascination of cults, polygamy, different families in general. I'm surprised it hasn't waned over the years, as I tend to jump from interest to interest, iykwim.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I don’t actually follow any of our fundies in social media because other people I know do follow them and I don’t want them to think I actually agree with their views. But, I keep track of their social media and am interested in them because they’re all around my age. I’m 25 so I’m in the middle of the adult Duggars/Bates ages and it’s so interesting to me to see what other people my age are doing. I am starting to pay more attention to parenting accounts since my husband and I are talking about having kids in a few years and I like to know what parenting is realistically like since my husband and I both had dysfunctional and toxic homes that are not the norm. I also have such a love of names so anytime I find a parenting or mommy blogger account, I instantly go hunting to find their kids names to add more names to my personal list of favorites. 

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic