IGNORED

Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

The older girls weren't full sistermoms at the begining. But by age 5 or 6 they started their "buddy training" and helped dressing, brushing, changing diapers and looking after their little siblings in addition to house chores... Jinger could have been Jeds buddy despite her age. 

When the little howlers and the lost girls were born, the elder girls were pre-teens/teenagers and full sistermoms, day and night. Jessa once complained about how hard it was for her to wake up at night to feed her baby siblings.

I just... have no words. Those poor babies, both the sistermoms and the physical babies. I ask Elder (just shy of five) to help with his brother, but it's stuff like "can you grab me x?" and  "he's really upset, can you talk to him for a minute and see if that makes him feel better while I wash my hands?" and maybe "I'm switching over the laundry in the other room, can you stay with him while I do that?" Stuff that isn't much of anything responsibility-wise but gives me a second longer to do something and lets him feel helpful. The idea of asking an elementary schooler to get up at night to feed MY baby is awful.

• Upvote 36
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

When the little howlers and the lost girls were born, the elder girls were pre-teens/teenagers and full sistermoms, day and night. Jessa once complained about how hard it was for her to wake up at night to feed her baby siblings.

That’s just awful. No young girl should be forced to get up in the middle of the night to feed a sibling just because her parents think they’re rabbits spreading their genes for God.

• Upvote 20
  • Love 3

My mom had my brother when I was 8. I can remember being woken up in the middle of the night by his crying and going out of my room to see my mom trying to rock him and feed him and settle him down. I was annoyed enough just to be woken up by his middle of the night crying, I can not even imagine if my mom and expected me to feed and care for him!  That’s awful that they put that burden on those girls!  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 14

Well the big revelation is their book- which isn’t much of a revelation as they talked about it months ago. It covers them getting to know each other, long distance relationship and sleepless nights as new parents. They don’t claim to have all the answers, however. I can’t think of a single thing I would seek their advice on! 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 2

When I saw their announcement today, I was like “of course it’s a preorder announcement! That way they can make another announcement on the actual release date!” The video was so cringe to watch; JereME is so insufferable. In my view, it came across as him wanting to write a book because Jinger wrote a book with her sisters. It’s like he can’t have Jinger one-upping him in any way.(Sorry, I got a bit BEC-ish. It just bothers me a bit—the way they come across and all.)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I remember Karen Shupe used to have to get up in the middle of the night in order to help Erika feed the twins when they were babies, this was when she was 12 I believe. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 5
  • Eyeroll 1

If you need the help of your own children to parent and meet the basic needs of your other kids, you have too many kids and just need to STOP reproducing.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 29
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Well the big revelation is their book- which isn’t much of a revelation as they talked about it months ago. It covers them getting to know each other, long distance relationship and sleepless nights as new parents. They don’t claim to have all the answers, however. I can’t think of a single thing I would seek their advice on! 

Same here. Surely many of us can't wait to read a book written by two people who describe the writing process as "What should we say? What should we put in there?". LOL If you're struggling to come up with content then maybe just don't write a book?!?

(The quote is taken out of context but I can still imagine them racking their brains while trying to think of stuff to fill a whole book.)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

The funniest thing to me is that they even write the relapse date wrong in their own comment, they wrote to preorder the book who will come out on....MARCH 4! (The release date is May 4 btw) they are such I'm expert that can't even be bothered to check their own comments. And yes I can't stand Jeremy not even on mute 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 7

When did Jessa say that? Michelle didn’t wean until 6-9 months and the babies slept in the parents bedroom I think?

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

I remember Karen Shupe used to have to get up in the middle of the night in order to help Erika feed the twins when they were babies, this was when she was 12 I believe. 

Yes! Erica even included a picture of them and Karen was wearing this huge old fashioned nightgown because they wouldn’t even wear pajama pants. (Nightgowns make them feel pretty and feminine. *beam*) Getting a preteen up for a midnight feed is just wrong. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 1

So these are some of the listed reviews. Besides getting a kick out of who reviewed the book, this one discussing their "notoriety " cracks me up. They are notorious for something alright.  

Screenshot_20210408-195409_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 6

17 minutes ago, JMO said:

So these are some of the listed reviews. Besides getting a kick out of who reviewed the book, this one discussing their "notoriety " cracks me up. They are notorious for something alright.  

Screenshot_20210408-195409_Amazon Shopping.jpg

The quote from her own sister is just *chef's kiss*. No one cares what your family thinks of your book.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 12

5 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

And really the other two sound almost like if you review me I'll review you.

Well isn't Cade the singer with the curly hair that JinJer are friends with? So really, it's two reviews from people they are friends with/related to and one that could be a quid pro pro situation.

• Upvote 8

TBH there are s few other reviews but clearly by people with similar "ministries". These *breakout stars* are certainly working their *notoriety *. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

I just... have no words. Those poor babies, both the sistermoms and the physical babies. I ask Elder (just shy of five) to help with his brother, but it's stuff like "can you grab me x?" and  "he's really upset, can you talk to him for a minute and see if that makes him feel better while I wash my hands?" and maybe "I'm switching over the laundry in the other room, can you stay with him while I do that?" Stuff that isn't much of anything responsibility-wise but gives me a second longer to do something and lets him feel helpful. The idea of asking an elementary schooler to get up at night to feed MY baby is awful.

that, to me is perfect it's what most probably most people (including you) call teamwork and being part of a contributing family. It is healthy and natural to help out your parents in an age appropriate and manageable level.

18 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

And really the other two sound almost like if you review me I'll review you.

Do you think the use of the word notorious is a purposeful slight against them or ignorance of its connotation? Because reading it I was expecting a negative or even a snarky review and the rest is positive. Unless the rest is meant to be snarky and it has fallen flat on me.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Do you think the use of the word notorious is a purposeful slight against them or ignorance of its connotation? Because reading it I was expecting a negative or even a snarky review and the rest is positive. Unless the rest is meant to be snarky and it has fallen flat on me.

I think that person is just out of their depth with words... maybe they dipped into the thesaurus for a more flowery word for 'fame'. It concerns me that no publicist looked this over before OK-ing it though, this book is being published by an actual publishing house and you'd think their professionals would have picked that up. Unless JinJer solicited these reviews from their friends and family and didn't pass them on to the publisher.

(when I blurb a book there tends to be a little bit of editorial from the editor/publicist, they'll pull out themes and phrases that are particularly useful to them. So I'll write a short paragraph/a few sentences and they'll come back saying 'we'd like to use "the Vuolos made me laugh and cry... truly the evangelists for our time", is that OK?')

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

11 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

When did Jessa say that? Michelle didn’t wean until 6-9 months and the babies slept in the parents bedroom I think?

I wonder about this too, I've never heard about this before. I know they babysat Josie in turns when she was little, but not about night duties with any of the others siblings.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

Michelle nursed some babies for longer than others but I doubt she nursed more than 6 months, because she wanted to get pregnant again ASAP and breastfeeding may delay ovulation (not always, but still). But she could have nursed only on daytime, amd bottlefeed at nights.

Anyway, her statement about caring 6 months for her own babies has been proved false. It was probably true when her older daughters were still kids, but definitely Jessa parented Jordyn and Jana parented Josie since day one, and it probably happened with other little siblings, too.

Edited by Melissa1977
Add information
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Michelle nursed some babies for longer than others but I doubt she nursed more than 6 months, because she wanted to get pregnant again ASAP and breastfeeding may delay ovulation (not always, but still). But she could have nursed only on daytime, amd bottlefeed at nights.

Anyway, her statement about caring 6 months for her own babies has been proved false. It was probably true when her older daughters were still kids, but definitely Jessa parented Jordyn and Jana parented Josie since day one, and it probably happened with other little siblings, too.

I’m pretty sure she’s said she nursed until around 6 mo, on average, because she’d tend to get pregnant around that time. Not that she stopped to get pregnant- but her milk would dry up or change taste and the baby wouldn’t like it once she WAS pregnant.  I think even once passed off to the tween/teen age sister mom, at 6 mo. ish to sleep in the girls room, the baby might still frequently wake up. Many of them do. And in a crowded house/dorm  like that, with a baby and toddlers ALL the time, I’d have to assume uninterrupted sleep through an entire night was a rarity. So it’s not JUST that each 12 year old girl had a baby to care for - it’s that baby was also in close quarters with their 14 year old sister and HER 2 year old, and 15 year old sister mom with her 3 year old and so on. 
I could see asking an older child to get up with a baby sibling if I was really ill, or had broken my leg, or there where twins and both were screaming uncontrollably. NOT as an on-going expected, every night thing. And definitely not scheduling the next line up of new babies. 
The saddest part of the sister mom thing to me is that it not only wipes out the childhood of the older girl, it just creates too strong a bond, that is designed to be purposefully broken, and in the wrong direction. The detachment doesn’t come when the younger sibling naturally forms outside attachments as a teen / young adult, it happens when their young “sister-mom” likely completely preoccupied with love and wedding plans, flys the nest. Especially sad when the sister mom appeared to be good at it, like Jill.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

How does nobody comment about Jessa saying she learned something new about her sister in that book? What the hell is there to learn about Jinger that Jessa didn't already know? some shocking news? :D

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

Super tempted to make my location tagline "Leveraging every ounce of my notoriety"

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 9
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

How does nobody comment about Jessa saying she learned something new about her sister in that book? What the hell is there to learn about Jinger that Jessa didn't already know? some shocking news? :D

I assume she meant about JinJer’s marriage?

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic