• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• ADoyle90815

• thoughtful

• 47of74

4 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I’m presuming that the White House is cleaned from top to bottom with new mattresses etc before the new family move in? 

Definitely new toilets everywhere. No one should have to sit where DJT once shat.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

22 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I love this one so much.

1048167938_itstime.jpg.12cafc17829a8089dcee86d68a8dedb0.jpg

Please help out your hermitess sister and tell me what this photo is from? (before photoshop, that is)

?

• Love 7

image.png.acd05cfb84439c41fd1064ecf21bd10b.png

"Grim SCOTUS"

The biggest takeaway from the Supreme Court’s ruling that churches in New York can remain open, because placing restrictions on them is infringing upon their Constitutionally-protected religious freedom, is where the court will be years from now.

The court ruled on similar cases just a few months ago, and ruled 5-4, with Chief Justice John Roberts joining the liberals, that the government can place restrictions on churches. On Wednesday night, it was another 5-4 ruling, this time in favor of the churches and again, with Roberts joining the liberals.

The big takeaway here is that Amy Coney Barrett was the vote putting it over the top. The last time the court voted on this, Ruth Bader Ginsburg was on the court and actually understood the case.

The argument here is that New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo, was being harder on churches than places like retail businesses. But the thing is, it’s not the same.

You don’t go to a grocery store to spend two hours parking your ass in one spot. You do that in church. It’s not comparable. The churches are complaining that Cuomo is singling them out for their religion.

Nobody cares about your religion other than to protect it. I don’t care if you go to mass for seven hours every night, dance in circles with snakes while speaking in tongues. You do you. But, I do care if you go to church and bring back your virus to the grocery store. Do you understand how that works? No?

Neither do five members of the Supreme Court.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 4

43 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Please help out your hermitess sister and tell me what this photo is from? (before photoshop, that is)

?

Fight Club. Here's the original:

fightclub_1.thumb.jpg.6d3689738869a37e5a9c36f95b4f1bc1.jpg

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

I love this one so much.

Our side needs someone with artistic talent to paint this like that one cannon of douche does of Weehands McNodick all the time,

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I love this one so much.

The irony is that many Trumpers would embrace Tyler Durden as a hero, not realizing Chuck Palahniuk wrote him as a caricature of the kind of guy they imagine themselves to be. I highly recommend Palahniuk’s “Survivor” as a great fictional commentary on both cult of personality as well as the hypocrisy of the evangelical right. I am a big fan of his works until his newer offerings where he seems to be phoning it in. Most of his earlier books are very astute in the underlying societal observations.  As an aside, I adore the meme and concur that it is awesome! 

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic