IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 24

GreyhoundFan

7 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Funny, but Lucy van Pelt will be pissed!

Everybody noticed how small the desk is, but I think a lot of the effect is because the chair sits him down too low, which makes him look even more like a child.

Wonder if someone did that on purpose. ?

• Upvote 9

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• ADoyle90815

• thoughtful

• 47of74

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

I love that you can still tell which one is Kavanaugh:

image.png.536e5485629610fbe141887556bdb8a1.png

That's one of the reasons I love Clay's work. He always has great little details, like the beer can here or the sippy cup he usually pictures in the toddler's tiny hand.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

sS since churches no longer have to follow covid rules because of freedom of religion, can we change the name of all planned Parenthood clinics to the Church of the Divine Goddess? using conservative logic, conservatives wouldn't be able to put any restrictions on any of the services that planned Parenthood offers or on who performs the services because it's now a church and not a health clinic.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

The irony is that many Trumpers would embrace Tyler Durden as a hero, not realizing Chuck Palahniuk wrote him as a caricature of the kind of guy they imagine themselves to be. I highly recommend Palahniuk’s “Survivor” as a great fictional commentary on both cult of personality as well as the hypocrisy of the evangelical right. I am a big fan of his works until his newer offerings where he seems to be phoning it in. Most of his earlier books are very astute in the underlying societal observations.  As an aside, I adore the meme and concur that it is awesome! 

I don't think I ever saw the movie, just enough images from it to recognize the meme, but I have eagerly read just about everything by Palahniuk, which reminds me, I need to put The Invention of Sound on my library hold list.

But the soap. OMG, the soap. <shudder>

• Upvote 4

I don't think too many fundies have even seen Fight Club, as Tyler Durden wouldn't be a hero to them, as he was against corporate American culture.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Funny, but Lucy van Pelt will be pissed!

Everybody noticed how small the desk is, but I think a lot of the effect is because the chair sits him down too low, which makes him look even more like a child.

Wonder if someone did that on purpose. ?

My feeling is that Trump insisted he be sitting down for the press conference.  We've seen in lots of pictures how Trump likes to be the one sitting at his desk while standing people surround him.  He feels that it shows how important he is that he is the only one allowed to sit.  (Also, he's not that steady on his feet for whatever reason.)  They needed him to be a certain distance away and couldn't actually put the press corps in the Oval Office.  

Trump called for a desk to be placed and that was one that was moveable.  Of course, when he sat at it, the usual chair was too tall.  Have you noticed the chair legs?  They are really short.  I'm not sure whether they found a chair that worked at the desk or whether Trump yelled for someone to shorten the legs of a chair.  Either way, he ended up at a tiny desk with a short chair.  It's like the Four Seasons Total Landscaping picture.  It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Unfortunately, I bet someone lost their job after the press conference when #DiaperDon started to trend.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Just popping back to say that I found other pictures of the desk.  It shows up in a video from CNN and he jokes about it being a child's desk.  It didn't look as silly then because he had a better chair and he was surrounded by people.  He must have insisted on an upholstered chair this time and that's why we get the chair with the shorter legs.

Spoiler

148273048_Screenshot(2146).thumb.png.14b6a77f2522be855cf9a578e79a4800.png1361057948_Screenshot(2147).thumb.png.d07452a090e0e0a1b9da35e2a3f2b7f4.png

• Thank You 8

Melania is discussing writing a book about her years in the White House.  Twitter is all over it.  This one is my favorite:

727773328_Screenshot(2152).png.02b6ed52554d961acfd5ecc7b1b3b42e.png

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Xan said:

Melania is discussing writing a book about her years in the White House.  Twitter is all over it. 

I like this proposed title:

image.thumb.png.cc3745fd030cc7924f0a219e393732a0.png

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I don't think too many fundies have even seen Fight Club, as Tyler Durden wouldn't be a hero to them, as he was against corporate American culture.

I agree the movie is definitely out of bounds for fundies, but Trumpers (particularly made Trumpers) seem to laud Tyler as a hero. They seem to overlook the whole anti-corporate aspect and focus on the toxic masculinity and the “stick it to the rich guys”, all the while completely missing the irony of it as it applies to their own lives. Fight Club- the book and movie- happen to be high up on my list of favorites but I always get a laugh when a Trumper/guy who is trying to sound cool mentions FC and how Tyler Durden had the right ideas. Some have even gone so far as to make up stories of being involved in underground fight clubs. Sure, Steve who spent twenty minutes whining about a paper cut right after thirty minutes bragging about your new iPhone.....

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I like this proposed title:

image.thumb.png.cc3745fd030cc7924f0a219e393732a0.png

I Really Don't Care, Do U? by Melania Trump

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Xan said:

Melania is discussing writing a book about her years in the White House.  Twitter is all over it.  This one is my favorite:

727773328_Screenshot(2152).png.02b6ed52554d961acfd5ecc7b1b3b42e.png

"Vapid Shallows".

Nothing I've seen of her convinces me she has an inner life.

The sad thing is her story could be quite interesting in the hands of a good autobiographer, but I still don't think she has hidden shallows, let alone hidden depths.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

Just came across this joke 

In February, 2021, a man goes to the White House to see Donald Trump. He is told by the Marine on duty that Trump is no longer president and that he no longer resides there. Three days in a row the man returns to see Trump and each time the same Marine tells him Trump is no longer president. 

On the fourth day, the Marine finally asks the man why he keeps coming back asking for Trump when he already knows the answer. The man replies, “I just love hearing you tell me Trump is no longer the president.” The Marine snaps to attention, salutes and says, “See you tomorrow, sir!”

Yeah that would be me as well. 

• Haha 17
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic