IGNORED

Maxwell 44: Must We Permit Mephistopheles and Beelzebub to Perform Financial and Performance Audits

Coconut Flan

Riveting post, wasn't it? I had no idea one could highlight, underline, or even both!!!

I liked the casual mention of old credit cards. Two boys renting in the big city, John dated Chels (who wears pants, form fitting clothes, and make-up no less!), the girls working from home (a big no no back in the moms board days), going to a real church, Gigi having a TV, and now credit cards! I think I even noticed Sarah wearing only one shirt recently. Shit's getting wild in Maxhell.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 30
  • I Agree 1

Since none of us have read Sarah’s book, we don’t actually know if “Landlady” is the Clarkes’ landlady, or just someone they know who happens to be a landlady...

• Upvote 5

On 11/14/2020 at 6:34 PM, fundiefan said:

The Maxwell word salad is everywhere. On SwiftOtter's website (where Steve is still listed as "Chief Synergist" (They picked up synergy a few years ago and are holding onto it for dear life). 

https://swiftotter.com/technical/trust#/

SwiftOtter is small in number. We purpose to grow only as the right people, with the right character are found. We are as committed to high skill level as we are to the right character. The right people are as much learners as they are people of character–that is our culture.

Also, it seems Steve still has a stake in his son's businesses. 

https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Steve-Maxwell/-1309380508

The info looks to be 2-3 years old, but I don't doubt it's still the same. 

And yes, I am home, on the sofa with a bad knee for the 4th consecutive day,  bored out of my skull. Why do you ask? 

That page with Steve is an old blog page. It is not a current team listing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Just when you thought the Maxwells can't possibly get any more boring and obvious...

I have something in common with them: those Pigma Micron pens are excellent. But I don't use them for underlining random Bible passages but for drawing heathen pictures.

I have one surprising idea to Steve and Teri: how about using a real plastic ruler??? Those do exist, you know.

Edited by LurkerOverThePond
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

I got all excited for a hot second, but they just had one recommendation??? There are so many cool study resources out there, at least post about four or five. For example, my sister loves a good erasable highlighter (we grew up fundie and used them for Bible Bee study, so super Maxwell-approved).

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, NoseyNellie said:

Wow.. that was a really boring blog post... window washing was more interesting...?

In the window washing escapade, I was kinda hoping that Ellie would leave a nose print on the window because that's what dogs do.  I wouldn't want her to get into trouble though.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

A blog post on how to underline and highlight? With affiliate links, no less?

This turkey is done.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 19

7 hours ago, Dru said:

Riveting post, wasn't it? I had no idea one could highlight, underline, or even both!!!

I liked the casual mention of old credit cards. Two boys renting in the big city, John dated Chels (who wears pants, form fitting clothes, and make-up no less!), the girls working from home (a big no no back in the moms board days), going to a real church, Gigi having a TV, and now credit cards! I think I even noticed Sarah wearing only one shirt recently. Shit's getting wild in Maxhell.

I too was struck by the mention of credit cards.  Although I suppose if you pay them off each month that that's not really "debt" (although technically it is debt for that month...)

But what really startled me is the mention of OLD credit cards.  The very first thing I do after activating a new card is to cut the old one in half so that the full account number can't be seen.  I then throw one of the halves away and then wait a few weeks to throw the other half away, to make sure they don't end up in the same trash can.  Even though I live in a town so small and safe that basic security precautions elsewhere don't always apply (people rarely lock their homes, leave their vehicles running while popping in to the grocery store or post office, for example), I do this as a matter of habit because why not?  Credit card breaches are a major hassle and who knows where our trash ends up after it leaves our local area?

• Upvote 9
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 6

Bible Journaling, with people writing in notes and doing illustrations, using different markers and pencils and color coding, is pretty big right now. 

But of course all the Maxwells do is highlight and underline, and this is somehow worthy of a whole post. Wow.

• Upvote 11

14 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Bible Journaling, with people writing in notes and doing illustrations, using different markers and pencils and color coding, is pretty big right now. 

But of course all the Maxwells do is highlight and underline, and this is somehow worthy of a whole post. Wow.

I've done that for at least 20 years.  Um so they needed to blog about it why??

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I bet Sarah couldn’t ever imagine having one of her characters in public school, seeing as she has no idea what actually happens in them, only the bullshit Steve and Teri have fed her over the years.

It would be seriously hilarious to see her try to write a public school situation. 

Sad, but also hilarious.

5 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Just when you thought the Maxwells can't possibly get any more boring and obvious...

I have something in common with them: those Pigma Micron pens are excellent. But I don't use them for underlining random Bible passages but for drawing heathen pictures.

I have one surprising idea to Steve and Teri: how about using a real plastic ruler??? Those do exist, you know.

I love Pigma Microns - just bought another pack this weekend actually. Not for underlining bible passages for me either! (In fact most of my Beansie illustrations were drawn or inked with Microns, lol!) If they are finding metal rulers abrasive on the tips they're either using super cheap ones or using them wrong - the ones with cork on the back are nice and I've never had an issue with them with any sort of pen. 

I cut up old credit cards into triangular shapes and throw them in with my watercolor supplies. They're good for scratching in veins on leaves or thin blades of grass, or otherwise getting small textural lines. 

You'd think Bible Journaling with the illustrations and colors and such would be a thing they'd do, but maybe it's too much like fun for Steve. 

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

Having attended evil public school and a private, all woman's Liberal Arts college as well as working in the corporate world since I was 19, I've been highlighting & underlining & notating for more than 40 years. Working from home these days, we aren't allowed to print anything so I use a whole lot of technology to do the same thing. 

As usual, the Maxwells take something people do and have done forever and try to turn it into some secret they are sharing with you because they were so smart as to discover it. 

I realize it was a money making scheme/post, and there are only so many ways you can spin that to be godly and Maxwell miraculous, but they didn't even try. 

• Upvote 16

2 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

I too was struck by the mention of credit cards.  Although I suppose if you pay them off each month that that's not really "debt" (although technically it is debt for that month...)

Yeah, that's what I do. However Steve used rail against credit cards in any form and made it clear they weren't accepted at the book tables on their tours. I also very clearly remember either he or Nathan posting about not accepting credit cards for 1Ton payments.

• Upvote 11

38 minutes ago, Dru said:

Yeah, that's what I do. However Steve used rail against credit cards in any form and made it clear they weren't accepted at the book tables on their tours. I also very clearly remember either he or Nathan posting about not accepting credit cards for 1Ton payments.

I get not accepting credit card payments on their tours. But I thought the classes were done online. 

• Upvote 5

Teri has been posting a lot lately instead of Sarah. Maybe it is because she is busy with the book release; however, part of me hopes Sarah has other things to keep her busy. 

• Upvote 10

9 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

But what really startled me is the mention of OLD credit cards.  The very first thing I do after activating a new card is to cut the old one in half so that the full account number can't be seen.  I then throw one of the halves away and then wait a few weeks to throw the other half away, to make sure they don't end up in the same trash can.  Even though I live in a town so small and safe that basic security precautions elsewhere don't always apply (people rarely lock their homes, leave their vehicles running while popping in to the grocery store or post office, for example), I do this as a matter of habit because why not?  Credit card breaches are a major hassle and who knows where our trash ends up after it leaves our local area?

Off topic but your town sounds lovely. I live in a large urban area and I'm tired of safety issues. Our neighborhood has gotten worse over the years, mainly with drugs. It makes people act totally unpredictably and that scares me the most. I must have left my car unlocked one night because my husband found a used crack pipe in my door compartment. We love our house and so do our kids but I'm seriously considering moving to the lame suburbs, something I swore I would never do. My dream though would be to live in a small town like the one in Gilmore Girls, lol.

Edited by usedbicycle
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 3

18 hours ago, Dru said:

Shit's getting wild in Maxhell.

Yeah!  What's next?  A post about using a pizza cutter to chop lettuce?  The mind boggles!

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 12

I remember an episode of "Malcolm in the Middle": Reese has to study for an exam and somebody gives him the advice to use highlighters. He ends up highlighting the whole textbook and muttering something like: I don't understand how this should help....

I always have the feeling the Maxwells skip the actually interesting information. Everyone can figure out to use a pen and ruler or highlighter but how to you decide which kind of information you should highlight? Do they underline quotes they want to share with others? Or passages which are interesting for their own personal growth? Do they compare what they have highlighted or is this a very personal task? Do they use different colors for different purposes? 

I don't get it. Why do they even continue bloging if they put zero effort in?

Edited by Austrian Atheist
  • Upvote 18
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Austrian Atheist said:

I don't get it. Why do they even continue bloging if they put zero effort in?

It's on the schedule.

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 4

On 11/23/2020 at 1:48 AM, mango_fandango said:

The Clarke family aren’t the same as the Moodys. For one thing, there are only TWO kids, and Emma didn’t have faith at the start of Finding Change. Her mother only became a Christian after little Jessica died two years ago. Emma is of course homeschooled anyway. I bet Sarah couldn’t ever imagine having one of her characters in public school, seeing as she has no idea what actually happens in them, only the bullshit Steve and Teri have fed her over the years.

Also, Mary only did the front cover illustration. The rest were done by Abigail Koilpillai. I’m guessing she has similar modesty standards to the Maxwells, but decided to draw many of the women in pants because that’s how many women dress these days, and it’d be unrealistic if they were all in maxi skirts and had on double-layer t-shirts. 

The way Mary draws people's faces freaks me the fuck out and I don't know why.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

21 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

My dream though would be to live in a small town like the one in Gilmore Girls, lol.

Me too! I want to manage a hotel AND be able to afford two high-end wardrobes, takeout, and a nice house, along with ample free time to watch movies, drink coffee, and have an entire community of people to have my back everytime I end a relationship. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

On 11/23/2020 at 3:17 PM, Jana814 said:

I get not accepting credit card payments on their tours. But I thought the classes were done online. 

IIRC, they did accept credit cards for their books on their tours.

They also accept them on their website for their books and other stuff.

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic