IGNORED

Maxwell 43: Divesting from the First Church of Stevehovah Reversalist

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I wonder which topic Stevie regaled the guests with -  the story of his balls or of death? 

This is what gets me about Steve. For all his purity bullshit he thinks it’s commendable to talk an awful lot about his testicles. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Florita said:

https://www.heritagehillmusic.com/

The Craigs are or were another singing family. Two more daughters of marriageable age.

Has the dad lost a significant amount of weight recently? I could understand the poor fit of his suit if he'd just gone on some tremendous health journey and lost 100lbs. Actually I can cut everybody a bit of slack on fitting, since tailors and bridal shops weren't able to be open during the pandemic.

ETA he should've gotten a suit that fit properly. That's on him. But if he lost a tremendous amount of weight starting in, like, January, and didn't want to splurge on a suit until closer to the wedding, and then the pandemic shut the door on that, then I kind of understand.

28 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

This is what gets me about Steve. For all his purity bullshit he thinks it’s commendable to talk an awful lot about his testicles. 

People like the Maxwells quite often become a great deal less modest and spiritual at the very time they're striving so hard to be seen as modest and spiritual. Girls hiking 14ers and kayaking in heavy denim skirts is one such example. Steve's constant testicle lectures is another.

Edited by Bethy
I forgot stuff
  • Upvote 8

7 hours ago, anachronistic said:

Would’ve liked to see more shots of the kids, see how cute they looked from the front. What was the little boy carrying, a sign? Wonder what it said.

Abortion Kills Children?

Probably not, but this is the Maxwells, so who knows.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

Caught up on their posts.

1. "Isn’t this a cute capture?" Is she channeling Marlin Perkins on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom??? WT??

2. Hand up if you believe the copy editor for her books is a relative! Because it the "published" book is the AFTER, I really don't want to read the BEFORE the copy editor sees it version.

3. Photos of back of heads. Those wedding pictures are just plain dull.

7 hours ago, anachronistic said:

Would’ve liked to see more shots of the kids, see how cute they looked from the front. What was the little boy carrying, a sign? Wonder what it said.

I thought it was odd to only see the back of them, but maybe the parents are anti-social media? If it is a sign it either says something religious or something over the hill from Pinterest like "Uncle Jess, here comes your girl!"

• Upvote 3

I think maybe not showing people's faces is supposed to a sign of respect. Those people didn't necessarily want to be on the blog, so maybe it's good just to focus on family.

The Bontragers were definitely there. It's clear in the picture of Jesse carrying Anna. That's Allison on one side of the steps with her parents. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think maybe not showing people's faces is supposed to a sign of respect. Those people didn't necessarily want to be on the blog, so maybe it's good just to focus on family.

The Bontragers were definitely there. It's clear in the picture of Jesse carrying Anna. That's Allison on one side of the steps with her parents. 

Chelsy confirmed on her blog that the Bontragers made the trip to the wedding. I believe she mentioned that the Maxwells met the Craigs at her wedding to John. The Craigs and Bontragers, apparently, have been good friends for years now. 

On another note, I haven't found any of this on FJ yet, but I have found rude comments regarding Anna's sister, Rachael, regarding her facial features, mainly her nose on other sites that have followed the Craig and Maxwell families. I know there are many things that I don't agree with the Craigs and Maxwells on, but I also don't think it is necessary to mock someone due to their personal appearance especially if it is something out of their control. 

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 21

6 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

It's not just you. Catching the oldest sister as she scratches the back of her head? That's borderline catty. Surely there were better photos, or a person experienced with Photoshop could have merged photos into one where everyone looked good.

The wedding photos are just bad in general. There were other photos that were released that were taken on phones where the bridesmaids and bride look a whole lot better than they do here. Sarah mentioned she and Christopher took the photos, while Sarah, I believe, in the past has primarily done maternity and newborn photoshoots. So, taking photos for a wedding may have been new to Sarah as she may not have that much experience.

Christopher on the other hand, seems to only use one setting when taking wedding photos. I started taking photography as a hobby a couple years ago, although not wedding, and it seems like Christopher uses one setting on his camera for everything, meaning one F stop, one shutter speed, etc. If he does, then that is why some of his photos come out as badly as they do. Many of the photos have lighting issue due to the overexposure whether they are taken inside with the light coming from the windows or the outside with regular daylight. Considering Christopher probably never took a photography class in his life, I don't think he is aware of all of the settings on his camera that he can use to deal with lighting issues. To make matters worse, there are tools that he can use to help with this issue. I viewed the wedding galleries on his website and in all of them there is at least one photograph where the brides dress is way too white and another where you can't see all or some of the brides dress due to the lighting because it blends in. 

• Upvote 6

53 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Chelsy confirmed on her blog that the Bontragers made the trip to the wedding. I believe she mentioned that the Maxwells met the Craigs at her wedding to John. The Craigs and Bontragers, apparently, have been good friends for years now. 

On another note, I haven't found any of this on FJ yet, but I have found rude comments regarding Anna's sister, Rachael, regarding her facial features, mainly her nose on other sites that have followed the Craig and Maxwell families. I know there are many things that I don't agree with the Craigs and Maxwells on, but I also don't think it is necessary to mock someone due to their personal appearance especially if it is something out of their control. 

Good for you. No reason to be mean.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

That's horrible and if I ever read something like that here I'd have that poster on ignore, no second chances. I would hope most of us would do that.  reddit is an effing sewer.

• Upvote 12

2 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

That's horrible and if I ever read something like that here I'd have that poster on ignore, no second chances. I would hope most of us would do that.  reddit is an effing sewer.

Reddit is where I found them. I don't understand how people can be some people can be so cruel about someone's appearances. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

The Craigs were also at Allison's wedding. The Bontragers going to Jesse's wedding is a chance to see their daughter and grandson as well as everyone else. 

• Upvote 5

I think it's strange that there are so few pictures of the Craigs and they are shown only blurry in the background.  (Maybe they asked for not being in the focus of the Tits-blog? Maybe they don't like the attention the wedding to a Maxwell has brought on them? They also closed their public Instagram accounts.)

Also, I want to correct this sentence: "Jesse opened the ceremony, welcoming his their guests..."

But the most important thing: the couple really looks happy and comfortable together. 

• Upvote 8

Why are they obsessed with dismissing their guests by row? They've mentioned it in at least a few of their weddings.  I've been married a long time, but we just walked to the back of the church, then stood and greeted guests as they came out, trusting that they could figure it out on their own.  Are receiving lines still a thing?  That's how it was 'back in the day.'  You stood, while your guests filed past, and you greeted, hugged, shook hands with each one.  I guess you couldn't do that at the moment though. 

• Upvote 8

26 minutes ago, Fun-Dee said:

Why are they obsessed with dismissing their guests by row? They've mentioned it in at least a few of their weddings.  I've been married a long time, but we just walked to the back of the church, then stood and greeted guests as they came out, trusting that they could figure it out on their own.  Are receiving lines still a thing?  That's how it was 'back in the day.'  You stood, while your guests filed past, and you greeted, hugged, shook hands with each one.  I guess you couldn't do that at the moment though. 

IMHO, receiving lines with the whole bridal party are stupid. Great-Aunt Susie wants to kiss you and your new spouse, not every friend and relative you've got standing up with you. But having just the bride and groom greet everybody is a concept that's been around for awhile. They keep acting like it's this great new innovation they came up with but yet they've been doing it since Nate and Mel's wedding 20 years ago.

• Upvote 10

On 10/10/2020 at 3:07 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I like them using the dog to sniff bedbugs too! It's just a lot of us had never heard of bed-bug sniffing dogs. 

I would like a Moody book featuring a bedbug-sniffing beagle, please and thank you.

And this is totally BEC and maybe  has already been discussed, but I think you shouldn't carry your purse down the aisle with you: ja-wedding-200.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 7

@Bethy, my husband and I dispensed with the receiving line and we got married 41 years ago this December. 

@HereticHick, if the MOB needs to carry a purse with her, a nice, small clutch or a minaudière would be way more appropriate, not your shoulder bag.

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

I was hanging around the Titus2 page today and got to thinking about OCC. They didn’t host the Christmas in July fundraiser, but I wonder if they’ve still been making boxes? So much difference in MaxHell this year! 

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Bethy, my husband and I dispensed with the receiving line and we got married 41 years ago this December. 

@HereticHick, if the MOB needs to carry a purse with her, a nice, small clutch or a minaudière would be way more appropriate, not your shoulder bag.

Yes!  If you need a shoulder bag, have some else carry it that isn't processing down the aisle. Or just put it in the pew where you will be sitting beforehand.

As for receiving lines--Mr Possum and I got married in a civil ceremony officiated by a federal judge, so the reception was small enough (under 100 people) that we could go table to table to greet/thank everyone, instead of a receiving line.

• Upvote 9

24 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I bought a wonderful pink clutch for my daughter's wedding. It had a big rhinestone for a clip and I found it on Amazon. I slipped into the sanctuary before the guests arrived and set my purse on my pew. That way, it was handy if I needed my tissues but I didn’t carry it down the aisle. I did carry it when we left.  

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

As for receiving lines--Mr Possum and I got married in a civil ceremony officiated by a federal judge, so the reception was small enough (under 100 people) that we could go table to table to greet/thank everyone, instead of a receiving line.

I've seen that, and one of my siblings did the "usher people out" for their wedding. I say, as long as there's some kind of thing where the bride and groom greet each guest personally, that's what matters. Though, I guess right now it would be a different kind of social distance greeting.

• Upvote 5

That first pic awkwardly captioned "The groom ready!" has a severe Dutch angle!  He's not Thor.

There's something really weird to me about the way Sarah uses the word 'sharing'.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

And this is totally BEC

I had to Google BEC--"bitch eating crackers?" LOL then I added "in texting" got it BECAUSE

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I would like a Moody book featuring a bedbug-sniffing beagle, please and thank you.

Knowing Sarah in a future book in her new Hilltop series, there will be a sweet bed bug hunting beagle that didn't get any treats for not finding any. 

• Upvote 12

21 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

I was hanging around the Titus2 page today and got to thinking about OCC. They didn’t host the Christmas in July fundraiser, but I wonder if they’ve still been making boxes? So much difference in MaxHell this year! 

I noticed that. My living room is unusable with all my boxes [NO, I do not agree with Franklin Graham on much, but I do this to help kids, You can go to my Instagram or blog to see how I pack them] Collection week is almost here--it ends November 23 iirc.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, HereticHick said:

And this is totally BEC and maybe  has already been discussed, but I think you shouldn't carry your purse down the aisle with you: ja-wedding-200.jpg

It reminds me that on the very first episode of “The New Price Is Right” in 1972, the first contestant to “come on down” brought her purse onstage with her.

• Haha 5
  • Love 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic