IGNORED

My 18 Year Old Son Answers The Questions From God's Daughter

debrand

I asked my sons the question on God's Daughters. He likes to joke around and laughed at some of the questions. I tried to type out the answers exactly as he said them.

1) What are your thoughts on modesty?. I don't objectify people based on what they wear. I don't think that a woman in a short skirt deserves any less respect than a woman in a burqua. I don't get the big deal

2) Some of us feel that we either give too much effort, or not enough, in worrying about the way we dress. What is your suggestion to how you wish girls would dress? What do you like to see girls wearing? Nothing. But I don't have a right to tell someone how to dress. It's your life, wear what you want to wear

3) How do you feel about girls wearing makeup? Ooo....kay. Who cares?

4) A lot of girls worry about looking chic around guys…but what do you consider pretty ?I don't know. I like a variety. I am weird in that I think that short hair is cute but it doesn't really matter what she wears

5) Do guys ever notice changes in girls? Hair styles, clothes, etc.? I always do but I'm weird. If it's pretty, I will point it out. IF it isn't, I dont' say anything.

6.) What is something that you want/look for, the most, in your future wife?She's got to be intelligent, kind, strong willed and independent And she has to be a little strange to put up with me

7) Do you often feel peer pressure from your friends? In any way, but mostly in the standards that you have set for your life No. I feel more pressure from my parents because they want me to succeed

8) What do you consider flirting and what do you think of a girl when she flirts with you? I'm the wrong person to ask that. When I flirt, I make an idiot of myself and I can never tell when a girl is flirting with me. You have to be careful not to mistake kindness for flirting

9) How do you feel about dating? I think it's great. I just need money and a car so I can do it more

10) If you agree w/ courting, how much involvement from YOUR parents do you believe is appropriate in helping you make a final choice in your future wife? I don't believe in courting but I care about how my parents feel about the girl

11) When you’re interested in a girl, do you focus on her family too? Do you make it a point to get to know them as much as you want to get to know her? I care if they like me, but I would still date their daughter even if they didn't like me.

12) What is your view on college for girls? Go for it.

13) What is your dream job? And why? I want to be a director because I like attention plus I like to entertain people.

14) What do you think the man’s role is in the home – compared to the woman’s I don't know. It's an equal partnership

15) How many kids would you like to have? 2

16) A lot of guys like using sarcasm around girls…do you know why that is? We want to show off that we are witty.

17) Do guys like it when girls are tomboyish or more girlie? I like tomboys. I'm always more attracted to tomboys

18) Is there anything that you would appreciate girls doing differently in order to help you maintain your purity? Laughs. I 'd be more than willing to let her have my purity

19) What do you think about guys and girls hugging? Why is this even a questionn? Who doesn't like hugs? What am I suppose to say, It's the devil?

20) When do you plan to have your first kiss? What? I"ve had my first kiss. That is a little kid thing. You like a girl and you experiment by kissing.

21) How will you respond if God's plan is out of sync with your own? Screw him

22) What do you think of girls posting pictures of guys on their blog? Whatever. It'd be nice if I was that guy

23)Do you guys sometimes get weirded out by being friends with girls? Nah. I like having a variety of friends

24) What is one thing that girls do that you hate? I don't like prissy girls

25)To what degree should a guy and girl just 'be friends'? To what degree should they be betrothed? Betrothed? I don't think anyone even uses that word anymore. It is an overly dramatic word.

He sounds like a smart, levelheaded young man with a good sense of humor.

He surprised me by answering the questions. I thought he would blow me off.

Your son is awesome! He reminds me a bit of my younger brother, who is quite a bit older than your son but also really cool.

Anyway, quite seriously, I think he sounds like a real gentleman.

LOL, your son's answers are awesome. I especially love his answer to purity.:)

was gonna say the same!

and add God's plan lol screw him!

your son is awesome! he sounds like someone i would date, though coming from me i'm not sure if that would be a good thing or not! lol

Well I thought this would be fun but I should have known better than to ask one of mine. Here are just the highlights.

Some of us feel that we either give too much effort, or not enough, in worrying about the way we dress. What is your suggestion to how you wish girls would dress? What do you like to see girls wearing? Nothing at all. I'm a teenage boy. What do you think I'm going to say?

What is your view on college for girls? Oh yeahhhhh. Wait, did you say what is my view on college girls? "I SAID COLLEGE FOR GIRLS, NOT COLLEGE GIRLS."

Is there anything that you would appreciate girls doing differently in order to help you maintain your purity? Huh? Is there anything that you would appreciate girls doing differently in order to help you maintain your purity? Huh? Is there anything that you would appreciate girls doing differently in order to help you maintain your purity? I don't understand the question. It's not the girl's fault. Whatever I do would be my fault because I'm the one doing it.

When do you plan to have your first kiss? Did you find these questions on the Facebook wall of a little kid? Is the cake done yet? I'm hungry.

clibbyjo wrote:

LOL, your son's answers are awesome. I especially love his answer to purity.:)

Ha! Agreed!

You should have him email her with his answers!

I asked one of mine and he said, "Not now mom, this is an important game". :roll:

Mine is watching the same game. I had to beg.

Mine is watching the same game. I had to beg.

Remember when their eyes lit up when we came into the room? Ah, those were the days! (Well, actually they're a lot less maintenance now :D )

Remember when their eyes lit up when we came into the room? Ah, those were the days! (Well, actually they're a lot less maintenance now :D )

Those sure were the days. But you're right, they really are less maintenance now.

Well I thought this would be fun but I should have known better than to ask one of mine. Here are just the highlights.

Some of us feel that we either give too much effort, or not enough, in worrying about the way we dress. What is your suggestion to how you wish girls would dress? What do you like to see girls wearing? Nothing at all. I'm a teenage boy. What do you think I'm going to say?

What is your view on college for girls? Oh yeahhhhh. Wait, did you say what is my view on college girls? "I SAID COLLEGE FOR GIRLS, NOT COLLEGE GIRLS."

Is there anything that you would appreciate girls doing differently in order to help you maintain your purity? Huh? Is there anything that you would appreciate girls doing differently in order to help you maintain your purity? Huh? Is there anything that you would appreciate girls doing differently in order to help you maintain your purity? I don't understand the question. It's not the girl's fault. Whatever I do would be my fault because I'm the one doing it.

When do you plan to have your first kiss? Did you find these questions on the Facebook wall of a little kid? Is the cake done yet? I'm hungry.

Your son woud get along well with mine. :lol:

I never thought about it before but lots of people have their first kiss when they're in gradeschool. For them, it's not romantic event.

Austin, I would love to read your son's answer, although I understand if he doesn't want to answer. To a nonfundie, some of the questions are odd.

I asked my 20 year old boyfriend. Hilarity ensued.

1) What are your thoughts on modesty?. "Oh, Jesus, this is retarded. My thoughts? I really don't give a shit what people fuckin' wear. I don't respect people for what they wear but for what their attitudes."

2) Some of us feel that we either give too much effort, or not enough, in worrying about the way we dress. What is your suggestion to how you wish girls would dress? What do you like to see girls wearing? "Whatever the hell they feel like wearing!"

3) How do you feel about girls wearing makeup? "I don't give a damn. Next."

4) A lot of girls worry about looking chic around guys…but what do you consider pretty? "It's hard to define. I can't just come up with answers for that... Pretty is pretty, you know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Different people are pretty in different ways, how about that?"

5) Do guys ever notice changes in girls? Hair styles, clothes, etc.? "I do."

6.) What is something that you want/look for, the most, in your future wife? "Smart, not a bitch, attractive."

7) Do you often feel peer pressure from your friends? In any way, but mostly in the standards that you have set for your life? "No..."

8) What do you consider flirting and what do you think of a girl when she flirts with you? "I don't even know how how to flirt. I'm not good at it." "Well you did SOMETHING right!" "I don't know what it is... your guess is as good as mine."

9) How do you feel about dating? "It's awesome. It's like the best thing ever. I give it two thumbs up, how about that?" "Because you're dating me?" "Because I'm dating you." <3

10) If you agree w/ courting, how much involvement from YOUR parents do you believe is appropriate in helping you make a final choice in your future wife? "I don't agree with courting, and I don't give a damn what my parents think, they'll have to put up with her."

11) When you’re interested in a girl, do you focus on her family too? Do you make it a point to get to know them as much as you want to get to know her? "Not really... I'm not dating her family. I'll spend time with them, but if they like me, cool, if they don't, cool, I don't care."

12) What is your view on college for girls? "Guys go to college, why can't girls?"

13) What is your dream job? And why? "Like a fuckin' radio guy, who sits there and rants all day. It's the easiest job in the world, they sit there and rant, and some of them make a shit-ton of money too..."

14) What do you think the man’s role is in the home – compared to the woman’s? "Role? Is that a serious question? That's...a stupid question. Equal. It's a stupid question to even ask. Equal, both ways. Partnership, blah blah blah."

15) How many kids would you like to have? "God... if I ever have a kid, ask me after the first one."

16) A lot of guys like using sarcasm around girls…do you know why that is? "Well... I know why I do it, I'm a smartass. I don't know why other people do it. Just a smartass by nature..."

17) Do guys like it when girls are tomboyish or more girlie? "I can't speak for everybody, but I'd go with tomboyish." "Am I tomboyish enough for you?" "Yes."

18) Is there anything that you would appreciate girls doing differently in order to help you maintain your purity? "Ahhh, shit. Such a stupid question... for fuck's sake... On the 'maintain my purity'... I'm going to tackle that question first. Whoever thought I was pure has never met my family, that's numero one. Numero two, I have no intention on maintaining it. That's the most ridiculous question ever."

19) What do you think about guys and girls hugging? "Um... go for it? Go right ahead... If you want to hug, hug, who's to stop you?"

20) When do you plan to have your first kiss? (I couldn't read this question without cracking up) "I'm going to attempt to not be a smartass." "you can't do it." "I don't know how to respond to that... I was 16..."

21) How will you respond if God's plan is out of sync with your own? "Um... I don't give a god damn, how 'bout that?"

22) What do you think of girls posting pictures of guys on their blog? "Cool?"

23)Do you guys sometimes get weirded out by being friends with girls? "No..."

24) What is one thing that girls do that you hate? "I plead the fifth..."

25)To what degree should a guy and girl just 'be friends'? To what degree should they be betrothed? "Hold on... I need to look up that word, I have no idea what it means..." "It basically means engaged." "No, no... I'm going to Webster that shit. (Websters that shit) Jesus! I don't know! What the hell does that question even mean?" (I explain) "My definition of a relationship is you meet a girl, you date, you maybe get engaged, maybe get married. Betro-bt- whatever the fuck that word is- doesn't even enter into my vocabulary."

I asked my 16yo son what he thinks about modesty in general. He said: "It's hard to concentrate on what someone is saying when they are wearing something distracting. It's even harder to concentrate on, say, history class. But it definitely improves the scenery."

Does he think girls should dress differently to be less distracting to boys? "That's stupid. They should wear what they want. I don't know what they would wear to make me not realize they have boobs. It's not their fault that we think of sex all the time."

What should girls wear? "Yoga pants are God's gift to man. The ladies think they are being sloppy and comfortable, but really they just look hot as hell." No, Tyler, I mean to be less hot. What should they wear to be less hot? "Why would they want to be less hot?" What about a skirt? "Skirts are nice. Really, they are even hotter than yoga pants. Why are you asking me all this, anyway?"

So, A. I am not raising a fundie, although maybe a bit of an ogler and B. There is nothing that a healthy, attractive girl can wear to make my hormone-infused teenager not notice they are healthy and attractive. I didn't ask him about purity; virginity is not a big deal around here.

18) Is there anything that you would appreciate girls doing differently in order to help you maintain your purity? Laughs. I 'd be more than willing to let her have my purity

Seriously I would love for one of Raquel's victims to say something like this.

9) How do you feel about dating? I think it's great. I just need money and a car so I can do it more

He sounds like an entirely normal and level headed young man. I do like his little hint there though!

I don't want to sound gross but I think I have a little platonic crush on him, LOL. He sounds like a sweet, smart, funny guy.

I agree with Daenerys, I want one of Raquel's interviewees to say something along those lines so badly!

Kitty, your boyfriend made me laugh

Thanks you guys. :D My son has friends who are fundie-lite but still attend college. My son could understand Raquel but it would be difficult for her to accept him.

I love reading all these answers! Makes me wish I knew a teenage boy to get their responses to add, but all the boys in my life are still years away from being even pre-teens. You all are raising some pretty good guys. Just, um, remind me not to wear yoga pants around them ;)

I love reading all these answers! Makes me wish I knew a teenage boy to get their responses to add, but all the boys in my life are still years away from being even pre-teens. You all are raising some pretty good guys. Just, um, remind me not to wear yoga pants around them ;)

I have a 15 year old and I know he would have no idea what I was asking him if I asked him these questions. He is like one like the nerds on the show "Big Bang Theory" and he wouldn't know what to do with a girl if she dropped in his lap. Now if she could design video games, then maybe... :dance:

Archived