IGNORED

When Your Dad and Brother Don’t Approve of Your Marriage

JermajestyDuggar

1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

Thank goodness the LaGoys are being more supportive than Sarah's supposed family. Here's Hannah's reaction to Sarah's new sister-in-law saying that Sarah has just gained a bunch more family.

JCQFA4f.png?1

Isn’t Hannah heinous? She’s such a miserable self righteous person. I feel sorry for her daughter and any other daughters she may have. Because she will raise them to be just like her. 

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 12

Holy cod balls! Somehow missed these idiots during my journeys through the lands of fuckwad fundies.

And are the Washburns making a living through operating a puppy mill?

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Holy cod balls! Somehow missed these idiots during my journeys through the lands of fuckwad fundies.

And are the Washburns making a living through operating a puppy mill?

Yes, the daughters do a lot of back yard breeding. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 9
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kelsey said:

WTF? He nullified their vows? Oh noes! I wonder why such a hissy if the brother was approved to marry a sister. I'm glad Sarah and Stephen did what they wanted.

How could he nullified their vows?

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

How could he nullified their vows?

Because he thinks he’s god. 

I’m only half joking.

Tom is doing a bang up job of driving his daughter away from religion. If she becomes an atheist, Tom only has himself to blame. Who would want any part of this man’s religion? 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I don't even know what's going on here, but there's definitely some history.

yNXMDsH.png?1

0pabcZb.png?1

I'm dying to know about these "peculiarities." Does he eat ketchup on rice or what?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 22
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Because he thinks he’s god. 

I’m only half joking.

Tom is doing a bang up job of driving his daughter away from religion. If she becomes an atheist, Tom only has himself to blame. Who would want any part of this man’s religion? 

Could he legally nullify their marriage??

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Could he legally nullify their marriage??

No way. He’s saying this as the father of his daughter. Who is his property. So he thinks god does not see it as a valid marriage. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I see this as more about the exercise of control rather than an objection to Stephen, necessarily.

Yup, a stone cold douche.  This guy is a noxious puke living out Old Testament YHWH-adjacent psychological cosplay.  If Jesus met him, he'd say,  "Dude, What the Actual F**k? I DIED FOR YOU.  Chill-ax, get the corncob out of your butt and enjoy your daughter's happiness."  

Just seeing that smiling couple makes me happy. 

Classics:

• "Tommy, just stop being a Dick."   
  • The thing about guy etiquette. 
  • Armando Varela: "I dont' mean to be rude or intrude or something that is none of my business, but" as a segue to being rude and intruding into someone's business by flinging Bible fu. 

Is Nathaniel David Washburn a cousin?

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Whooping_Butt said:

Well we all know how that worked out for Nicole Naugler.

One of the LaGoy sisters/sisters-in law also had a bunch of pregnancy complications because she refused ultrasounds and didn't know she was carrying twins. Luckily they survived.

These two families are so similar that I sort of expected them to keep on intermarrying. I mean how many other people are out there who make fake tzitzit out of cheap craft supplies and celebrate Yom Kippur on the Gregorian calendar? But somehow this Washburn-LaGoy pairing is evil.

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 2
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, Howl said:

Is Nathaniel David Washburn a cousin?

I believe so. I believe the Tom Washburn family is the only Washburn family that decided to go full BSC fake Jewish fundie. The rest of the Washburns seem to be mainstream. And I believe some of those cousins actually attended Abigail’s wedding.

• Upvote 6

38 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm dying to know about these "peculiarities." Does he eat ketchup on rice or what?

Possibly gay? 

Just now, RosyDaisy said:

WTF?  Comparing your daughter to a slave.  I have no words.

I guess at  least he is honest  about it .  I prefer my bigots visible .

• Upvote 30

26 minutes ago, Howl said:

Possibly gay? 

From the looks of it, he had a marriage to a woman in 1994 that ended in divorce, so I think it's shade involving that.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

12 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

WTF?  Comparing your daughter to a slave.  I have no words.

So many of these fundie fathers do this. They absolutely treat their daughters as property like slaves or cattle. But most have more sense than to say it outright. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

Wow, what a bunch of assholes. 

I wonder what Abigail thinks of all this, too. I had a quick look at her Facebook and she does do ultrasounds, she posted a picture of her daughter Dakota holding some ultrasound photos, with a caption about meeting her little bro. She also doesn’t headcover and sometimes wears jeans. I know, she’s still likely got awful beliefs, but it’s very different to how she was raised. I wonder what her parents make of it.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Just now, mango_fandango said:

Wow, what a bunch of assholes. 

I wonder what Abigail thinks of all this, too. I had a quick look at her Facebook and she does do ultrasounds, she posted a picture of her daughter Dakota holding some ultrasound photos, with a caption about meeting her little bro. She also doesn’t headcover and sometimes wears jeans. I know, she’s still likely got awful beliefs, but it’s very different to how she was raised. I wonder what her parents make of it.

Well they gave Silas and Abigail their blessing. And now maybe they regret it. Maybe they were so against Stephen and Sarah because of how Abigail and Silas turned out. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

This thread should come with a “don’t read while eating” warning because my jaw keeps dropping and my lunch falls out.

Unbelievable!!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 17

52 minutes ago, justwatching said:

This doesn’t even make sense. What a bizarre statement.

It’s hard to make sense when you interpret the Bible literally and use it as a guide on how to live your life. And how you think others should live as well. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

My, my -- what intense and utter douchebaggery!

Spoiler

484237365_mawwageisstatesanctionedfawnication.jpg.919a5b5080e884aaf067905a0352b4ca.jpg

I tried for a song parody, but my love of rhythm didn't let me get past:

Love and state-sanctioned fornication,
Love and state-sanctioned fornication,
Are the problem with this whole darned nation!
Our views are simplistic,
'Cause we're just so misogynistic!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 20