IGNORED

Multiplying at Warp Speed: Upcoming Babies 15

Bethella

23 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Andrew and Kennedy Morton’s 3rd baby is another girl. 

Another girl Morton. I guess they're making up for the older sibllings and their prolific penis making. 

I feel bad whenever fundies have girls. 

• Upvote 9

I think Andron may be a shortened version of Andronicus. I bet there is one of those baby names sites that don't care about etymology that lists it in their 'Biblical names' section just because Andronicus of Pannonia is in the Bible. Paul mentions in Romans that Andronicus was a follower of Christ before Paul was.

I agree that Andron sounds like a drug or an electronic device. I do think it's better than Spurgeon though, only because there are some fairly normal sounding nicknames you can get from Andron (Andy, Ron). Poor Spurgeon will has to depend on his middle name for any name or nickname that doesn't sound like 'purge'.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Aine said:

I agree that Andron sounds like a drug or an electronic device. I do think it's better than Spurgeon though, only because there are some fairly normal sounding nicknames you can get from Andron (Andy, Ron).

I kind of like Andron, just not for a person.  Spurgeon sounds awful to me no matter what.  Every time I start semi-liking Ben, I remember what he saddled his kid with and think twice.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Aine said:

Poor Spurgeon will has to depend on his middle name for any name or nickname that doesn't sound like 'purge'.

Oh gosh, I didn't even think about the fact that the word "purge" is right in the middle of his name.

...well, he's got a built-in stage name in the incredibly rare event that he joins a metal band.

• Haha 10

Unpopular opinion, but I don't hate Andron as a name in itself. I do think it's unusual enough that it's a serious gamble that the kid's personality won't match it at all, but otherwise, the robotic undertones don't particularly bother me.

I suppose I just think it sounds nice? But I've been on the Amy Duggar King thread quite a bit lately and "Daxton" bothers me enough that any name that sounds similar yet significantly different enough might be abnormally good to me right now...

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

Unpopular opinion, but I don't hate Andron as a name in itself. I do think it's unusual enough that it's a serious gamble that the kid's personality won't match it at all, but otherwise, the robotic undertones don't particularly bother me.

I suppose I just think it sounds nice? But I've been on the Amy Duggar King thread quite a bit lately and "Daxton" bothers me enough that any name that sounds similar yet significantly different enough might be abnormally good to me right now...

I actually hate Daxton more than Andron. I also hate Chelsy Maxwell’s choice of Axton. People are just trying to find boy names with an x in it and don’t seem to care how bad the name sounds. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

Tori Roloff is due around November 28th. a woman visited the pumpkin patch this weekend and Tori shared a story saying they are only three days apart. I checked the woman's page and that woman posted yesterday that she was 33 weeks along so that would put her at around a december 1st due date 

now onto the name debate I actually do not hate Daxton though it took me some time to get used to, maybe because I am used to the actor Dax Shepherd so it isn't that unusual to me. really hate Spurgeon and Andron is only a little better 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I actually hate Daxton more than Andron. I also hate Chelsy Maxwell’s choice of Axton. People are just trying to find boy names with an x in it and don’t seem to care how bad the name sounds. 

It's the trend right now and I am also not a fan. Also not a fan of adding ley or lyn to the end of a random word and thinking it is suddenly a great name like Rocklyn and Stonelee. My niece has a name like that that and though I've come to live with her name (I obviously didn't have a say since not my kid), I still dislike it. 

However, I did knock my sister off the Bray trend when I informed that it is the sound donkeys make. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

It's the trend right now and I am also not a fan. Also not a fan of adding ley or lyn to the end of a random word and thinking it is suddenly a great name like Rocklyn and Stonelee. My niece has a name like that that and though I've come to live with her name (I obviously didn't have a say since not my kid), I still dislike it. 

However, I did knock my sister off the Bray trend when I informed that it is the sound donkeys make. 

It’s crazy because there are plenty of boy names with X’s already. Alexander, Xavier, Xander, Felix, Dexter, and Maxwell.

• Upvote 8

Dexter Maxwell sounds like a Serial killer who takes people out with a Silver hammer  possible dressed as Lolly the clown.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 10/13/2019 at 2:18 PM, LurkerOverThePond said:

Looks like Atlanta Goodwin is expecting her fifth in April:

Reveal hidden contents

I really don't understand how she does it all. Living in a semi-finished home with no electricity or running water with lots of little kids (and counting), making everything from scratch (including some of their clothes), gardening and homesteading, having a home based business with her husband... I must say that as much as I disagree with their beliefs, I have to give credit for hard work when it is due. I've been following Jordan's ig for quite a while and really, really love what he does with blacksmithing and carpentry. Amazing skills! Their lifestyle (without the abhorrent beliefs) kind of speaks to me, but I would probably last for two days and be done with it...

I went on a tangent and started exploring her blog - their lifestyle is really impressive (outside of the horrible beliefs that get one on this site). I think it's really cool that she sews everyone's clothing, bakes, cooks & gardens. Is there a thread or site where I can get some more background info? Obviously her own blog & Instagram hides some of the ugliness of being a fundie...

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, fundieundies said:

I went on a tangent and started exploring her blog - their lifestyle is really impressive (outside of the horrible beliefs that get one on this site). I think it's really cool that she sews everyone's clothing, bakes, cooks & gardens. Is there a thread or site where I can get some more background info? Obviously her own blog & Instagram hides some of the ugliness of being a fundie...

Mostly she's mentioned in the upcoming baby threads but occasionally she's referenced in other threads. I don't see any specifically discussing her. 

https://www.freejinger.org/search/?q=Atlanta Goodwin&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, fundieundies said:

Back in the day when she got married there was some discussion on her wedding and their beliefs, but it must have been on the old Yuku site. What sparked the discussion was their choice for the site of their wedding. They chose the childhood home of Nathan Bedford Forrest and didn't exactly hide their strong admiration for him.

If you look at the pictures, that was a lovely wedding with a nice setting, amazing looking food, and beautiful decorations. Oh yes, and some love for the first Grand Wizard of the KKK.

--> http://storyofaseamstress.blogspot.com/2013/05/history-of-our-wedding-location-wedding.html

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 8

It's almost time for the 2019 Baby Birthing Olympics!  I feel like maybe we need a special spreadsheet, betting pool, and thread to keep this all organized! Who will be the first to deliver? Will the last to deliver be mad that everyone is tired of baby announcements by the time hers comes along? What if they all visit each other in December and the babies get mixed up? ? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Back in the day when she got married there was some discussion on her wedding and their beliefs, but it must have been on the old Yuku site. What sparked the discussion was their choice for the site of their wedding. They chose the childhood home of Nathan Bedford Forrest and didn't exactly hide their strong admiration for him.

If you look at the pictures, that was a lovely wedding with a nice setting, amazing looking food, and beautiful decorations. Oh yes, and some love for the first Grand Wizard of the KKK.

--> http://storyofaseamstress.blogspot.com/2013/05/history-of-our-wedding-location-wedding.html

Why did I click on that link? Why? I just... They... I... WHAT!?! Do... do they not realize how horrible of a person he was? Or what he did? The damage that it caused? Mississippi Burning? Anything!?!

I don’t think I want to know their justification of him. The Civil War was begun and fought over one thing. One. And that was slavery. Not States’ rights. That was just the claim the South made after losing the war. It was a war for oppression. Nathan Bedford Forrest fought for oppression both during and after the Civil War. 

In her blog post Atlanta Goodwin calls it the “War Between the States.” That particular name was coined in the South post war. I the wouldn’t be surprised if her and her family hold belief in the Lost Cause ideology. 

As a fellow Southerner, it just baffles me how blinded and rose-tinted people can be in regards to the past. The past is ugly, it’s not all sunshine and smiles. You can’t gloss over the wrongs and try to make rights out of it. Those grand plantations held many dirty and disgusting secrets - people need to acknowledge the ugly. We cannot have history repeat itself. It’s already happening at the Border. The Detention Camp are the Japanese Internment Camps all over again. Why can’t we ever learn as a society from our past mistakes?

Sorry for the rant - there was a sign in the Jonestown pavilion that (ironically) read “those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” - I just wish more people would take those words to heart. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

It's almost time for the 2019 Baby Birthing Olympics!  I feel like maybe we need a special spreadsheet, betting pool, and thread to keep this all organized! Who will be the first to deliver? Will the last to deliver be mad that everyone is tired of baby announcements by the time hers comes along? What if they all visit each other in December and the babies get mixed up? ? 

I think the better bets are who will get what magazine coverage. Amy got a people exclusive. But I think Carlin's gender announcement was only an Instagram thing with maybe a mag picking it up after.  part of me thinks Lauren's baby might get media attention out the wazoo where the others won't.  Being it's her first and how heavily publicized her miscarriage was.

In other news counting on comes on tonight and from the description I am sure it will have the joy and Austin pregnancy reveal and knowing what happens I think I couldn't handle watching that

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Oh Rufus take the wheel seriously? What is WRONG with these people, besides almost everything.... 

Welp, better get my popcorn for the birth Olympics

• Upvote 5

Better namesakes for Andrew than Andron:

Andrew, Andy, Andre, Andrei, Andros, Andreas, Andres, Anders, Anderson, Drew, Dre

I was kind of hoping they had a typo in the announcement. Andonicus would be way cooler though of course I'd want to call the kid Titus and make pie jokes!

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Just as a wedding, with the old fashioned touches, it could be nice.  But not when you really read the rest of the blog and all the details show up. The groom wore a confederate uniform, for pete's sake!  The confederate cannon?  Geesh!  I do have ancestors who fought on the side of the south, but I acknowledge that as history and not current family circumstances or beliefs.  But I was very creeped out by her wedding.  And the rest of her beliefs also. Unbelievable.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Better namesakes for Andrew than Andron:

Andrew, Andy, Andre, Andrei, Andros, Andreas, Andres, Anders, Anderson, Drew, Dre

I was kind of hoping they had a typo in the announcement. Andonicus would be way cooler though of course I'd want to call the kid Titus and make pie jokes!

What’s weird is that Andrew Michael Wissmann (Josiah’s brother) always goes by Drew. I don’t know if anyone calls him Andrew. So if they had named him Andrew instead of Andron, I doubt there would be a lot of confusion in the family.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Why did I click on that link? Why? I just... They... I... WHAT!?! Do... do they not realize how horrible of a person he was? Or what he did? The damage that it caused? Mississippi Burning? Anything!?!

I don’t think I want to know their justification of him. The Civil War was begun and fought over one thing. One. And that was slavery. Not States’ rights. That was just the claim the South made after losing the war. It was a war for oppression. Nathan Bedford Forrest fought for oppression both during and after the Civil War. 

In her blog post Atlanta Goodwin calls it the “War Between the States.” That particular name was coined in the South post war. I the wouldn’t be surprised if her and her family hold belief in the Lost Cause ideology. 

As a fellow Southerner, it just baffles me how blinded and rose-tinted people can be in regards to the past. The past is ugly, it’s not all sunshine and smiles. You can’t gloss over the wrongs and try to make rights out of it. Those grand plantations held many dirty and disgusting secrets - people need to acknowledge the ugly. We cannot have history repeat itself. It’s already happening at the Border. The Detention Camp are the Japanese Internment Camps all over again. Why can’t we ever learn as a society from our past mistakes?

Sorry for the rant - there was a sign in the Jonestown pavilion that (ironically) read “those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” - I just wish more people would take those words to heart. 

I know exactly what you mean, why did I look up her wedding and blog?!?!  Also, I'm surprised she called it the War Between the States, and not the War of Northern Aggression...

We need to remember our history, but not so we can repeat it.  So that we don't repeat it!

• Upvote 7

16 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

So "Little Women!"  Really beautiful.  And the cake buffet made me seriously salivate.

Most of the Fundie families give sensible traditional or biblical names to sons and Kre8tive/cutesy names to girls. Odd. The Bates are very bad about that.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Do... do they not realize how horrible of a person he was? Or what he did? The damage that it caused? Mississippi Burning? Anything!?!

I think they realize and they just don't give a shit. In fact they admire the guy. They'll say that they can't help it-- oh, but he was their great great great grandpa's cousin! It's about heritage!

Bullshit. I have a similarly distant relation who was a fairly prominent historical figure. To me, that's a not-even-that-interesting anecdote at parties, not the theme of my wedding. You're not obligated to care that much about your genealogy. I'm guessing she doesn't give a shit about the rest of her great-great-great whatevers, but for some reason she has a real fascination with Forrest...

• Upvote 5

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic