IGNORED

Multiplying at Warp Speed: Upcoming Babies 15

Bethella

4 hours ago, Briefly said:

I know exactly what you mean, why did I look up her wedding and blog?!?!  Also, I'm surprised she called it the War Between the States, and not the War of Northern Aggression...

We need to remember our history, but not so we can repeat it.  So that we don't repeat it!

I was also surprised she didn’t use War of Northern Aggression.

Especially given that in the post about the wedding she mentions that Dixie was played and in the background of another picture you can see that the Confederate flag was flying high.

• Sad 1
  • WTF 5

On 10/15/2019 at 3:36 AM, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

I don’t think I want to know their justification of him. The Civil War was begun and fought over one thing. One. And that was slavery. Not States’ rights. That was just the claim the South made after losing the war. It was a war for oppression. Nathan Bedford Forrest fought for oppression both during and after the Civil War. 

Well, the Sons of the Confederate Veterans lost in TN over the removal of the confederate statues from Memphis, TN parks. 

Interesting thing here is that Nathan Bedford Forrest & his wife are reportedly buried under where his statue was formerly located:

1024728578_Forrestgraves.thumb.png.befc397968676b940f4f45e9cf97b30a.png

• Thank You 1

Half the male members of my first husband's family had Forrest in their name somewhere.  Heck, the town they lived in had Forrest as part of its name.  There are several streets in Memphis with Forrest as part of the name.  Unless they start changing those names, he will live on for a while.  I don't know what they are going to do about the graves; that has just resurfaced.

I live just outside Memphis, and the battles of the monuments has been discussed.  A lot.  In all medias.

• Upvote 1

Tori Smith is pregnant with #2. It’s another boy, named Kolter Grey. He’s due April 2020.

Not into the name. It also looks like they’re going with a K theme (so far). Zach and Whitney are doing so too with their girls. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 11

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Tori Smith is pregnant with #2. It’s another boy, named Kolter Grey. He’s due April 2020.

Not into the name. It also looks like they’re going with a K theme (so far). Zach and Whitney are doing so too with their girls. 

I don't mind the middle name but not a fan of the first

Though considering Kade's official name is Robert I am not sure I would call the Ks a theme

Also finally another boy after the wave of girls between the bates and duggars

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I'm not into the name either.  I keep thinking Colt (young horse) or kalt (cold, in German).  I like Grey, though.

The Bateses must be happy to add another boy to their girl parade.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I'm not into the name either.  I keep thinking Colt (young horse) or kalt (cold, in German).  I like Grey, though.

The Bateses must be happy to add another boy to their girl parade.

It's making me think of Ashton Kutcher's character Colt on the Netflix show the ranch 

• Upvote 1

Did Tori and Bobby just put a bunch of letters in a bag/box, shake it and then choose a name from the letters that come out first? Or did they try a Scribble game and use just the higher values letter? First Kade and now Kolter...?‍♀️

• Haha 23
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Did Tori and Bobby just put a bunch of letters in a bag/box, shake it and then choose a name from the letters that come out first? Or did they try a Scribble game and use just the higher values letter? First Kade and now Kolter...?‍♀️

At least the younger kids can breathe a sigh of relief that a normal name was not taken. I remember when Erin announced her pregnancy with Brooklyn  Josie was a bit miffed because she had liked the name Brooklyn herself. By the time callie Jeb's or Judson start having kids who knows what names will be left

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

At least the younger kids can breathe a sigh of relief that a normal name was not taken. I remember when Erin announced her pregnancy with Brooklyn  Josie was a bit miffed because she had liked the name Brooklyn herself. By the time callie Jeb's or Judson start having kids who knows what names will be left

That’s partly why I think they will get weirder and weirder. The Bates family will create their own little Utah of names. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s partly why I think they will get weirder and weirder. The Bates family will create their own little Utah of names. 

honestly I am surprised Erin has not used Ireland for a girl yet considering that is where her and Chad went on their honeymoon and they seem to like place names that is my bet if they have a fourth girl Ireland faith.

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
  • Upvote 10

Why do the Bateses keep naming their kids weird shit? What sort of a name is Kolter? And where does the middle name Grey come from? Would have made more sense with Bates as a middle name. 

So sorry Kolter, that you don't get to grow up in a normal family with a normal name. 

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Why do the Bateses keep naming their kids weird shit? What sort of a name is Kolter? And where does the middle name Grey come from? Would have made more sense with Bates as a middle name. 

So sorry Kolter, that you don't get to grow up in a normal family with a normal name. 

One of the other fundies they know went with Gray as a middle name. Norma Roberts has a daughter named Thea Gray (she also has a little brother named Gray). Jessa says she named Ivy Jane after Jane Grey. Maybe Tori did too?

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I believe I called this a few weeks ago! 

Not a fan of the name, but it made me think of Colter Wall, a great country musician from Canada. If you get the chance to see him live, take it! I went on a concert in March and it was AMAZING.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

Not a fan of the name, but it made me think of Colter Wall, a great country musician from Canada. If you get the chance to see him live, take it! I went on a concert in March and it was AMAZING.

I love Colter Wall! Imaginary Appalachia is my favourite album

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

She'll probably blog about it at some point, but according to her IG Katelyn Wahlquist is expecting #5, due in late April. That'll be 5 under 5. I can't imagine.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

15 minutes ago, albireo said:

She'll probably blog about it at some point, but according to her IG Katelyn Wahlquist is expecting #5, due in late April. That'll be 5 under 5. I can't imagine.

And she's only 23? And her 4th was born in May? Gahhh!

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 9
  • WTF 3

1 minute ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

And she's only 23? And her 4th was born in May? Gahhh!

I think she's 22 for another week. Cyrus was born in March, but still. Yikes!!

Edited by albireo
wording
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 2

22 and working on her 5th kid?! Yikes!! So, this is a family I'm adding to my spreadsheets. I have the full names and birthdays of Katelyn's kids, but does anyone have her birthday or Nathaniel's or their wedding anniversary? I would most appreciate it! Thanks!

• Upvote 7

43 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

22 and working on her 5th kid?! Yikes!! So, this is a family I'm adding to my spreadsheets. I have the full names and birthdays of Katelyn's kids, but does anyone have her birthday or Nathaniel's or their wedding anniversary? I would most appreciate it! Thanks!

I believe she was born October 25, 1996, and he was born in the summer of 1991. They were married on July 15, 2014.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, albireo said:

I believe she was born October 25, 1996, and he was born in the summer of 1991. They were married on July 15, 2014.

Thanks!

Wow, she was all of 17 when they got married! If she continues this way, she's going to end up with 20 kids by the time she's 40!

• Upvote 7

20 minutes ago, Apple_green said:

Did we have anything about Priscilla Waller expecting? Her birthday post for Phillip on instagram is quite interesting...

This has happened before. I feel bad because Priscilla is on the trim side but when she’s holding a baby on her hip, she has a little belly bump. It’s always there. It’s just her body shape. I’m not saying she’s not pregnant. She absolutely could be. But this has happened more than once. When she had a bump and people thought she was pregnant, and we later find out she wasn’t pregnant at the time. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic