IGNORED

Plathville Coming to TLC

zeebaneighba

15 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

To me, if your data consists of these nuggets "has green hair", and "listens to music that I don't like", and you jump from that to the conclusions, "will blacken the name of other people whose concerns are valid" and "likes arson" you've been pretty hasty to judge. But if you've been told that certain kinds of music are inherently evil maybe it's a hard notion to  get rid of.

Most people who  listen to black metal never burn any churches. (I know this for a fact because  so few churches are burning.)

Some musicians in other genres were criminals too. We don't assume that everyone who listens to Christian music condones sexual abuse because I can produce a link to what Toby Willis is in prison for. Not everyone who listens to drug addicted musicians (that's most of us who listen to various artists I'd wager)  is a drug addict. Just because some musicians were involved in violence or drunk driving doesn't mean the fans of their whole genre are automatically suspect.

In my opinion, we should not generally condemn a person for  disclosing their atheism or musical tastes or whatnot because that comes dangerously close to telling them that they should continue living a lie. Which  could have been what they were trying to avoid when walking away.

To my credit , I actually went out of my way to email one of the legal guardians to the person in question to admonish them not to be so quick to assume the worse .  Also , although I had  hesitated to point this out , as I was concerned you'd feel that I was belittling you , your reading comprehension skills are abysmal .  Here I am only trying to present a nuanced perspective  on how and why adolescents and the adults who have custody view and deal with one another , only to have you and your buddies gang up on me , and subject me to ridicule , all due to you guys' apparent misreading of my post .  As to tastes in music , I myself have , and still do listen to various types of metal music .  However , black metal contains lyrical themes promoting hatred towards Christians , and in the more particular example of NSBM also Jews . So yes , I do understand why some people might feel animosity towards certain kinds of Christians .  But hate speech , and especially hate crimes , is not the appropriate response .  And if you discount the concerns that affected communities of faith have with songs encouraging violence towards them , I really don't know what else to post other than this .  https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/antisemitic-songs   It_Didnt_Start_With_Gas_Chambers.jpg

• Downvote 10
  • WTF 1

I

17 minutes ago, Marmion said:

To my credit , I actually went out of my way to email one of the legal guardians to the person in question to admonish them not to be so quick to assume the worse .  Also , although I had  hesitated to point this out , as I was concerned you'd feel that I was belittling you , your reading comprehension skills are abysmal .  Here I am only trying to present a nuanced perspective  on how and why adolescents and the adults who have custody view and deal with one another , only to have you and your buddies gang up on me , and subject me to ridicule , all due to you guys' apparent misreading of my post .  As to tastes in music , I myself have , and still do listen to various types of metal music .  However , black metal contains lyrical themes promoting hatred towards Christians , and in the more particular example of NSBM also Jews . So yes , I do understand why some people might feel animosity towards certain kinds of Christians .  But hate speech , and especially hate crimes , is not the appropriate response .  And if you discount the concerns that affected communities of faith have with songs encouraging violence towards them , I really don't know what else to post other than this .  https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/antisemitic-songs   It_Didnt_Start_With_Gas_Chambers.jpg

It's very nice of you to be worried of assuming the worse too fast but have you got any evidence that this acquaintance of yours has committed hate crimes against anyone?

I responded to your post all on my lonesome. I did not gang up on anyone. I don't understand how it's possible for me to do that on my own.

If you're referring to people who reacted to my post, there's nothing I can do about that. Anyone who has an account can react.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 12/23/2019 at 5:09 PM, AmazonGrace said:

It's very nice of you to be worried of assuming the worse too fast but have you got any evidence that this acquaintance of yours has committed hate crimes against anyone?

I never said that the person had committed any hate crimes .  I only mentioned that I could understand how the person's guardians could be concerned .  I have felt that the right thing for them to have done though would have been to communicate their concerns , rather than be so quick to condemn and punish him , or her .  

On 12/23/2019 at 5:09 PM, AmazonGrace said:

I responded to your post all on my lonesome. I did not gang up on anyone. I don't understand how it's possible for me to do that on my own.

If you're referring to people who reacted to my post, there's nothing I can do about that. Anyone who has an account can react.

That's good to know . I hadn't thought you had for certain anyway .  It just seemed sort of strange to me that within a short time , multiple people had reacted with the same negative reaction , without giving any explanation as to what all they disagreed with , so that I could gain perspective .  

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • WTF 2

On 12/18/2019 at 9:33 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It is probably best for Moriah to be with Ethan and Olivia. She’s accepted for who she is in their home. Kim and Barry just want to make their own lives easier. And that means kicking out the kids who don’t fall in line. They have Lydia and Isaac to do the work around the house. 

And I have the sneaking suspicion that Isaac is going to break as soon as he can too.  It's only a matter of time.   He gave his parents some serious side-eye when Ethan ordered and sipped the beer at the restaurant.   He appears to have a very close relationship with Ethan; Ethan even commented at the restaurant that he was hoping Isaac sat next to him, and seemed genuinely upset that Isaac would not be allowed to play drums in their band.  If Isaac asked to stay at Ethan and Olivia's, I am sure they'd welcome him with open arms.    

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Olivia comes across as a really smart young woman who deeply cares about others. I wish her nothing but the best in her battle with depression, in leaving fundamentalism behind, and in establishing healthy boundaries with her in-laws. Since the Q&A is about to expire in her stories, I took some screenshots of the answers I thought were most interesting. The rest were more trivial (about her photography business and her beauty routine and stuff). Screenshots (hopefully) under the spoiler!

Spoiler

4FBD7516-65A3-45C2-AF8F-B07C8A4A5CD3.thumb.png.2ad66d96ea834613e6a2dc95ec12b91b.pngFE18F412-5327-4C63-BC9E-96E42051990E.thumb.png.7a50337ea88c0a2be8ad4cff18d27ef9.pngEA8A3989-AB80-46C5-858D-A851710EF05C.thumb.png.e70e775677783a1d58f6bb4958fcda43.png1E1B2529-2F74-45C9-8560-A43A1B72ABCE.thumb.png.846fec1a2da829a368c550c16ec6f557.pngC99FE6B9-D998-4DDA-BABF-87DF16D76395.thumb.png.fb06e77dd57adca612e80db34f32261c.png20E8764E-E4B6-4763-BB21-8B260B0AFEF7.thumb.png.d0da19daf8e339be1ed8ab02a6f1deaf.pngFB1ECA6B-43F8-4514-83B2-66DEFEA4CDA0.thumb.png.ed35d5bb6e940463ce92bc8031c5a01f.png

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 15
  • Love 6

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to share that there won't be another full family Plath Plathville (I have no idea if Moriah and Micah might be trying to get a different show going like rumors are saying) because they are now living in a 5-bedroom 4000+ sq ft home and using the farm as a business. So no more humble beginnings. They have always had a lot of money but now they are living like it; the home is very very nice.

• Thank You 4

22 minutes ago, SinkDweller said:

Just wanted to share that there won't be another full family Plath Plathville (I have no idea if Moriah and Micah might be trying to get a different show going like rumors are saying) because they are now living in a 5-bedroom 4000+ sq ft home and using the farm as a business. So no more humble beginnings. They have always had a lot of money but now they are living like it; the home is very very nice.

I don’t think having a bigger, nicer house would be a problem. It didn’t stop the Duggars.

27 minutes ago, SinkDweller said:

It’s too bad they don’t take that extra money and pay a nanny to help cook, clean, and mind the little girls. So Lydia isn’t so overwhelmed.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 1/30/2020 at 12:27 AM, KateS said:

How did you learn that? 

I'm related to her by marriage. 

The house was still relatively inexpensive (property is cheap where they live but a house like that would go for $7k or up in my modest Midwestern town). Kim's plan was to use the show as a witness to her superior parenting and it didn't work out that way. Instead it showcased her family estrangement and the cracks in her pious Christian veneer. I'd be surprised if she was willing to open herself up to that again. Instead she's doing what she often does -- reinventing her life to fit her internal narrative of superiority, which means a fancy 5-bedroom home near neighbors and a busier street instead of a modest farmhouse out in the middle of nowhere. She's always been a snob; maybe she's going to be a money snob now (I don't know but the house is a HUGE upgrade).

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

Based on an Instagram story from Olivia, it looks like maybe Moriah is living with Ethan and Olivia? It was a video, so can't post it, but it showed Moriah dancing around listening to music in a bedroom, and Olivia captioned it something along the lines of "if anyone was wondering what living with Moriah is like..."

I personally hope that's the case. I'm glad Moriah has family that welcomes her so she doesn't have to live with the abuse from her mother.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

I thought I had heard that when the family moved, Micah and Moriah were not welcome to go with them. Micah moved in with friends, Moriah with Olivia and Ethan. I’m positive I’m not imagining this...

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

6 hours ago, NonSOTDRT Teacher said:

I thought I had heard that when the family moved, Micah and Moriah were not welcome to go with them. Micah moved in with friends, Moriah with Olivia and Ethan. I’m positive I’m not imagining this...

Yes!  I have seen screenshots of DM’s on Reddit where Olivia confirmed this. 

That’s some pretty piss-poor unconditional love from “Christian parents”. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 11/1/2019 at 1:18 PM, DancingPhalanges said:

Thanks for the recap! Wow, now I’m thinking of J Rod and how she would react on her SM if Tim married someone like Olivia. I loved it when Olivia commented on J Rod’s post about Nurie’s super godly courtship.

IF Kim doesn’t like Olivia’s influence then why doesn’t she simply ban Moriah from working as an assistant? Money? She can’t have it both ways. 

I probably would have started Ethan off with a white wine, maybe take him to a sampling event. 

Kim has dumped her unresolved baggage from her childhood onto her kids. Not uncommon, but sad and unfair. 

I enjoyed the recap, thanks again. 

To the bolded, what did she say? I couldn't find it.  Thank you.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

It was in the comments of a public FB post Jill made regarding how Nurie and Nathan had decided to be chaperoned, etc. during courtship. Olivia came in and commented calmly and explained that a couple can honor God and still date alone. She talked about the need to ask hard questions of each other and really get to know each other. She said it better than I am right now, I can’t find my screenshot. She was respectful in her disagreement, it was a really good comment on how rigid some families are and it doesn’t make them better. The comment was deleted of course. Maybe someone else has a screenshot of it, it was a good one. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, The Mother Dust said:

Okay @The Mother Dust I found it in the Rod thread 103 page 11

Spoiler

46B48CFC-4D2D-4642-9729-A9CBC746BBD6.thumb.jpeg.80052c3cf69fe5e994925acdb5278f2a.jpeg

Olivia responded to this post.

Spoiler

E9AD88B5-064E-4A5C-9085-40946ACE1C73.thumb.jpeg.73b3892a3aa4819bd8b271d7b2bcbdb8.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8

• 3 months later...

Just in case nobody follows the JRod threads, Hosanna is pregnant. Of course, JRod would be the one to break the news.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

• 4 weeks later...

Do Hosanna or any of the other Plaths still drinking the koolaid have social media? Besides the rebels (Moriah, Micah, Ethan+Olivia).

Just started the show today and am deep down the rabbit hole. 

I wonder where Moriah lives now since she made a post about missing Olivia. Hopefully she is somewhere safe and with people that’ll support and nurture her. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/28/2020 at 10:21 PM, squiddysquid said:

Moriah has a boyfriend now, doesn't look like a courtship, just normal dating

Both Moriah and the boyfriend have taken down their public photos of each other on Instagram. So they’ve either broken up or are attempting to be private. He lives in Florida, so I think that’s where she’s living too.

• Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic