IGNORED

Plathville Coming to TLC

zeebaneighba

I know the Plaths have always been fundie, perhaps even more so in the past regarding clothing. I wonder if they became even more super isolationist after Kim ran over Jacob?  That has had to really traumatize her and the rest of the family. Jacob would be between Isaac and Amber in age order I think. I am not supporting Kim and Barry’s parenting choices, but was trying to rationalize and wonder why they acted like they did. 

Also, on tonight’s show Kim said Lydia would love to travel. I hope that sweet girl gets to travel. Kim keeps saying they are a fractured family in three households, but there are four. She keeps forgetting Hosanna and hubby. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Markie said:

Kim keeps saying they are a fractured family in three households, but there are four. She keeps forgetting Hosanna and hubby. 

Yeah, but they’re not fractured. They’re breeding for Jesus under their own roof.

On 11/20/2020 at 6:44 PM, Tatar-tot said:

I think he works for the Federal Government. 

He works in Tallahassee, which is the capital of Florida, so I assumed that he’s working for the state government. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Markie said:

I know the Plaths have always been fundie, perhaps even more so in the past regarding clothing. I wonder if they became even more super isolationist after Kim ran over Jacob?  That has had to really traumatize her and the rest of the family. Jacob would be between Isaac and Amber in age order I think. I am not supporting Kim and Barry’s parenting choices, but was trying to rationalize and wonder why they acted like they did. 

Also, on tonight’s show Kim said Lydia would love to travel. I hope that sweet girl gets to travel. Kim keeps saying they are a fractured family in three households, but there are four. She keeps forgetting Hosanna and hubby. 

I just want to correct Jacob to Joshua. The boy that was run over was Joshua. She probably doesn’t count Hosanna because she did exactly what was expected of her and she doesn’t feel there has been any sort of fracture. They go and visit and stay in touch. Hosanna married a good fundie boy and now has had Kim’s first grand baby. I’m sure Kim feels zero fracture there. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

34 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Isn't Hosanna now part of her husbands family, according to fundie rules?

I'm trying to catch up on info regarding this family. Finally watched 1 episode. Ethan said he had no idea periods existed until he got married and wondered how his sister kept it hidden. I'm guessing their mom didn't teach them about health, puberty, or reproduction. I also just found out that Hosanna is married to a relative of Jill Rodriguez. I remember Jill posting the engagement pic, but had no clue who Hosanna was.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just want to correct Jacob to Joshua. The boy that was run over was Joshua. She probably doesn’t count Hosanna because she did exactly what was expected of her and she doesn’t feel there has been any sort of fracture. They go and visit and stay in touch. Hosanna married a good fundie boy and now has had Kim’s first grand baby. I’m sure Kim feels zero fracture there. 

Thank you. Joshua. I can’t edit my OP. Poor little baby. Poor family. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

I'm trying to catch up on info regarding this family. Finally watched 1 episode. Ethan said he had no idea periods existed until he got married and wondered how his sister kept it hidden. I'm guessing their mom didn't teach them about health, puberty, or reproduction. I also just found out that Hosanna is married to a relative of Jill Rodriguez. I remember Jill posting the engagement pic, but had no clue who Hosanna was.

I don't think they are related to Jill. Hosanna is just bffs with Nurie, and because the family is famous Jill likes to hang on.

• Upvote 13

On 11/25/2020 at 9:27 AM, Tangy Bee said:

Hosanna is married to Timothy Noble, no relation to the Rodriguii. This since we know Jill has hoped for a Plath-Rodrigues kid match - Ethan admitted in an instagram video that Jill was pushing one of the girls on him. I'm sure Jill dreamed of Kaylee with farmer Micah before he became a heathen model. I wonder if now she's hoping for Lydia for one of the boys.

This week we learned the Plaths know nothing about the 4th of July, the adult kids couldn't describe what the Declaration of Independence is. What an abysmal education Kim gave them.

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

29 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Hosanna is married to Timothy Noble, no relation to the Rodriguii. This since we know Jill has hoped for a Plath-Rodrigues kid match - Ethan admitted in an instagram video that Jill was pushing one of the girls on him. I'm sure Jill dreamed of Kaylee with farmer Micah before he became a heathen model. I wonder if now she's hoping for Lydia for one of the boys.

This week we learned the Plaths know nothing about the 4th of July, the adult kids couldn't describe what the Declaration of Independence is. What an abysmal education Kim gave them.

Jill loves Lydia likely because she has a “servants heart”. That’s all Jill cares about. Someone who will serve her. I bet she hopes Samuel will be able to catch her attention. 

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jill loves Lydia likely because she has a “servants heart”. That’s all Jill cares about. Someone who will serve her. I bet she hopes Samuel will be able to catch her attention. 

You're probably right about that, but Jill might be SOL on that front. If I remember right, the guy Lydia has her eye on had texted Moriah a few times asking about Lydia. I cannot imagine Jill would be ok with one of her sons communicating one-on-one with Moriah even if it was just to ask about her sister. Rebellion is contagious and all that. The way Moriah and Lydia were talking made it sound as though the boy had contacted Moriah recently (see: after the public break with her family). I think Lydia and Kaylee are friends, though. Pretty sure Lydia was wearing a BFF-half-heart necklaces Kaylee gave her in one episode.

• Upvote 7

11 minutes ago, Arula said:

You're probably right about that, but Jill might be SOL on that front. If I remember right, the guy Lydia has her eye on had texted Moriah a few times asking about Lydia. I cannot imagine Jill would be ok with one of her sons communicating one-on-one with Moriah even if it was just to ask about her sister. Rebellion is contagious and all that. The way Moriah and Lydia were talking made it sound as though the boy had contacted Moriah recently (see: after the public break with her family). I think Lydia and Kaylee are friends, though. Pretty sure Lydia was wearing a BFF-half-heart necklaces Kaylee gave her in one episode.

I’m sure the Rod girls are some of the only friends Lydia is allowed. Kim knows the Rods are even more strict than them and she doesn’t have to worry about Kaylee or Renee leading Lydia astray.

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Arula said:

She mentions that the boy its someone she has not seen in 2 years, so not a Rodrigues.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, llucie said:

She mentions that the boy its someone she has not seen in 2 years, so not a Rodrigues.

Is there any chance Timmy would have been away when Lydia last saw them? Or if at the wedding they wouldn't have had a chance to talk? Unlikely, I know.

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

Is there any chance Timmy would have been away when Lydia last saw them? Or if at the wedding they wouldn't have had a chance to talk? Unlikely, I know.

The way they talk seems like someone her parents dont aprove and that they had a falling out with the family or something. Moma Plath is still in good terms with the Rodrigueses. And i dont see Tim talking with Moriah, specially since she has been pretty dissmisive about his family and he is still very much in the fold.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, llucie said:

The way they talk seems like someone her parents dont aprove and that they had a falling out with the family or something. Moma Plath is still in good terms with the Rodrigueses. And i dont see Tim talking with Moriah, specially since she has been pretty dissmisive about his family and he is still very much in the fold.

I agree. They’ve met other families through the Pearl shindigs of the past and it could be any of those families that still attend. And if it is, I say good. 

• Upvote 2

There is some facebook group that I am in and Olivia is in the group. She spoke up about the speculation and said that it is HER brother. I think she said he is young and confused. I don't remember the rest or where it was! I will look. I'm never on facebook and I was doom scrolling. 

eeek

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

There is some facebook group that I am in and Olivia is in the group. She spoke up about the speculation and said that it is HER brother. I think she said he is young and confused. I don't remember the rest or where it was! I will look. I'm never on facebook and I was doom scrolling. 

eeek

Olivia family is no longer fundie, i believe, so no way the Plaths aprove of the relationship. I have to say it would be hilarious to see another one of the children leaving fundism. They really have not been very sucessfull brainwashing their kids, except for golden child Hosanna.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

eeek

That would have to be Nathan Meggs then. He’s around 17 and has already graduated homeschool. He did have a girlfriend that recently got into an accident and has a TBI. Even though Olivia’s oldest brother is definitely still fundie, I don’t think Nathan feels that way since her family has decided to leave a lot of their fundie beliefs.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

I just learned about the Plath's on the faboulus Fundie Fridays channel on youtube and I must say "wow".

Since I have to quarantine for 10 days this will be my rabbit hole.

• Upvote 3

I actually really empathize with Olivia when Ethan was cooking, while also understanding that she easily could have moved where she was at.

I'm currently working from home, while my husband is home all day and works out of the house in the evenings. He can be sooooo irritating when I'm focused! He does not seem to understand that if I'm staring at my computer screen intently, that I'm actually busy and can't be involved in a conversation. And when I show my agitation, he gets upset that I'm in a mood with him, when really I just need to me left alone to focus. I have tried calmly/politely explaining this, and he understands, but then in the moment doesn't seem to remember and starts talking to me and expects to have a full conversation. 

It's only been two weeks for me back to work from furlough..... I'm not sure how this will work out ?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 7

55 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I actually really empathize with Olivia when Ethan was cooking, while also understanding that she easily could have moved where she was at.

I'm currently working from home, while my husband is home all day and works out of the house in the evenings. He can be sooooo irritating when I'm focused! He does not seem to understand that if I'm staring at my computer screen intently, that I'm actually busy and can't be involved in a conversation. And when I show my agitation, he gets upset that I'm in a mood with him, when really I just need to me left alone to focus. I have tried calmly/politely explaining this, and he understands, but then in the moment doesn't seem to remember and starts talking to me and expects to have a full conversation. 

It's only been two weeks for me back to work from furlough..... I'm not sure how this will work out ?

I can relate to this. My kids are also in a position where they are always. There. All. The. Time. I find myself hiding from everyone.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

38 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I can relate to this. My kids are also in a position where they are always. There. All. The. Time. I find myself hiding from everyone.

Same. We are all annoying each other daily. Especially now that the weather is cold. 

• I Agree 1
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Same. We are all annoying each other daily. Especially now that the weather is cold. 

I guess I was lucky that while furloughed I just smoked weed all the time so I was super chill :pb_lol:

• Haha 7
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic