Jump to content
IGNORED

Plathville Coming to TLC


Recommended Posts

I know the Plaths have always been fundie, perhaps even more so in the past regarding clothing. I wonder if they became even more super isolationist after Kim ran over Jacob?  That has had to really traumatize her and the rest of the family. Jacob would be between Isaac and Amber in age order I think. I am not supporting Kim and Barry’s parenting choices, but was trying to rationalize and wonder why they acted like they did. 

Also, on tonight’s show Kim said Lydia would love to travel. I hope that sweet girl gets to travel. Kim keeps saying they are a fractured family in three households, but there are four. She keeps forgetting Hosanna and hubby. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • JermajestyDuggar

    125

  • Marmion

    18

  • QuiverFullofBooks

    16

  • Natalie22

    15

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heck. My kids don’t know who the president is and that’s fine by me.  

Hell, I wish I didn't know who the president is!

How fucking sad is it that we live in a world where we have to shield children from the president. I completely understand why people do it; I'm not insulting the fact that you have to, just that damn

Posted Images

QuiverFullofBooks
16 minutes ago, Markie said:

Kim keeps saying they are a fractured family in three households, but there are four. She keeps forgetting Hosanna and hubby. 

Yeah, but they’re not fractured. They’re breeding for Jesus under their own roof.

On 11/20/2020 at 6:44 PM, Tatar-tot said:

I think he works for the Federal Government. 

He works in Tallahassee, which is the capital of Florida, so I assumed that he’s working for the state government. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
8 hours ago, Markie said:

I know the Plaths have always been fundie, perhaps even more so in the past regarding clothing. I wonder if they became even more super isolationist after Kim ran over Jacob?  That has had to really traumatize her and the rest of the family. Jacob would be between Isaac and Amber in age order I think. I am not supporting Kim and Barry’s parenting choices, but was trying to rationalize and wonder why they acted like they did. 

Also, on tonight’s show Kim said Lydia would love to travel. I hope that sweet girl gets to travel. Kim keeps saying they are a fractured family in three households, but there are four. She keeps forgetting Hosanna and hubby. 

I just want to correct Jacob to Joshua. The boy that was run over was Joshua. She probably doesn’t count Hosanna because she did exactly what was expected of her and she doesn’t feel there has been any sort of fracture. They go and visit and stay in touch. Hosanna married a good fundie boy and now has had Kim’s first grand baby. I’m sure Kim feels zero fracture there. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Tangy Bee
34 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Isn't Hosanna now part of her husbands family, according to fundie rules?

I'm trying to catch up on info regarding this family. Finally watched 1 episode. Ethan said he had no idea periods existed until he got married and wondered how his sister kept it hidden. I'm guessing their mom didn't teach them about health, puberty, or reproduction. I also just found out that Hosanna is married to a relative of Jill Rodriguez. I remember Jill posting the engagement pic, but had no clue who Hosanna was.

  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just want to correct Jacob to Joshua. The boy that was run over was Joshua. She probably doesn’t count Hosanna because she did exactly what was expected of her and she doesn’t feel there has been any sort of fracture. They go and visit and stay in touch. Hosanna married a good fundie boy and now has had Kim’s first grand baby. I’m sure Kim feels zero fracture there. 

Thank you. Joshua. I can’t edit my OP. Poor little baby. Poor family. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
CarrotCake
15 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

I'm trying to catch up on info regarding this family. Finally watched 1 episode. Ethan said he had no idea periods existed until he got married and wondered how his sister kept it hidden. I'm guessing their mom didn't teach them about health, puberty, or reproduction. I also just found out that Hosanna is married to a relative of Jill Rodriguez. I remember Jill posting the engagement pic, but had no clue who Hosanna was.

I don't think they are related to Jill. Hosanna is just bffs with Nurie, and because the family is famous Jill likes to hang on.

  • Upvote 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
freethemall
On 11/25/2020 at 9:27 AM, Tangy Bee said:

I'm trying to catch up on info regarding this family. Finally watched 1 episode. Ethan said he had no idea periods existed until he got married and wondered how his sister kept it hidden. I'm guessing their mom didn't teach them about health, puberty, or reproduction. I also just found out that Hosanna is married to a relative of Jill Rodriguez. I remember Jill posting the engagement pic, but had no clue who Hosanna was.

Hosanna is married to Timothy Noble, no relation to the Rodriguii. This since we know Jill has hoped for a Plath-Rodrigues kid match - Ethan admitted in an instagram video that Jill was pushing one of the girls on him. I'm sure Jill dreamed of Kaylee with farmer Micah before he became a heathen model. I wonder if now she's hoping for Lydia for one of the boys.

This week we learned the Plaths know nothing about the 4th of July, the adult kids couldn't describe what the Declaration of Independence is. What an abysmal education Kim gave them.

  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
29 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Hosanna is married to Timothy Noble, no relation to the Rodriguii. This since we know Jill has hoped for a Plath-Rodrigues kid match - Ethan admitted in an instagram video that Jill was pushing one of the girls on him. I'm sure Jill dreamed of Kaylee with farmer Micah before he became a heathen model. I wonder if now she's hoping for Lydia for one of the boys.

This week we learned the Plaths know nothing about the 4th of July, the adult kids couldn't describe what the Declaration of Independence is. What an abysmal education Kim gave them.

Jill loves Lydia likely because she has a “servants heart”. That’s all Jill cares about. Someone who will serve her. I bet she hopes Samuel will be able to catch her attention. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jill loves Lydia likely because she has a “servants heart”. That’s all Jill cares about. Someone who will serve her. I bet she hopes Samuel will be able to catch her attention. 

You're probably right about that, but Jill might be SOL on that front. If I remember right, the guy Lydia has her eye on had texted Moriah a few times asking about Lydia. I cannot imagine Jill would be ok with one of her sons communicating one-on-one with Moriah even if it was just to ask about her sister. Rebellion is contagious and all that. The way Moriah and Lydia were talking made it sound as though the boy had contacted Moriah recently (see: after the public break with her family). I think Lydia and Kaylee are friends, though. Pretty sure Lydia was wearing a BFF-half-heart necklaces Kaylee gave her in one episode.

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
11 minutes ago, Arula said:

You're probably right about that, but Jill might be SOL on that front. If I remember right, the guy Lydia has her eye on had texted Moriah a few times asking about Lydia. I cannot imagine Jill would be ok with one of her sons communicating one-on-one with Moriah even if it was just to ask about her sister. Rebellion is contagious and all that. The way Moriah and Lydia were talking made it sound as though the boy had contacted Moriah recently (see: after the public break with her family). I think Lydia and Kaylee are friends, though. Pretty sure Lydia was wearing a BFF-half-heart necklaces Kaylee gave her in one episode.

I’m sure the Rod girls are some of the only friends Lydia is allowed. Kim knows the Rods are even more strict than them and she doesn’t have to worry about Kaylee or Renee leading Lydia astray.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Arula said:

You're probably right about that, but Jill might be SOL on that front. If I remember right, the guy Lydia has her eye on had texted Moriah a few times asking about Lydia. I cannot imagine Jill would be ok with one of her sons communicating one-on-one with Moriah even if it was just to ask about her sister. Rebellion is contagious and all that. The way Moriah and Lydia were talking made it sound as though the boy had contacted Moriah recently (see: after the public break with her family). I think Lydia and Kaylee are friends, though. Pretty sure Lydia was wearing a BFF-half-heart necklaces Kaylee gave her in one episode.

She mentions that the boy its someone she has not seen in 2 years, so not a Rodrigues.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
freethemall
3 hours ago, llucie said:

She mentions that the boy its someone she has not seen in 2 years, so not a Rodrigues.

Is there any chance Timmy would have been away when Lydia last saw them? Or if at the wedding they wouldn't have had a chance to talk? Unlikely, I know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, freethemall said:

Is there any chance Timmy would have been away when Lydia last saw them? Or if at the wedding they wouldn't have had a chance to talk? Unlikely, I know.

The way they talk seems like someone her parents dont aprove and that they had a falling out with the family or something. Moma Plath is still in good terms with the Rodrigueses. And i dont see Tim talking with Moriah, specially since she has been pretty dissmisive about his family and he is still very much in the fold.

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
1 hour ago, llucie said:

The way they talk seems like someone her parents dont aprove and that they had a falling out with the family or something. Moma Plath is still in good terms with the Rodrigueses. And i dont see Tim talking with Moriah, specially since she has been pretty dissmisive about his family and he is still very much in the fold.

I agree. They’ve met other families through the Pearl shindigs of the past and it could be any of those families that still attend. And if it is, I say good. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Nikedagain?

There is some facebook group that I am in and Olivia is in the group. She spoke up about the speculation and said that it is HER brother. I think she said he is young and confused. I don't remember the rest or where it was! I will look. I'm never on facebook and I was doom scrolling. 

eeek

  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

There is some facebook group that I am in and Olivia is in the group. She spoke up about the speculation and said that it is HER brother. I think she said he is young and confused. I don't remember the rest or where it was! I will look. I'm never on facebook and I was doom scrolling. 

eeek

Olivia family is no longer fundie, i believe, so no way the Plaths aprove of the relationship. I have to say it would be hilarious to see another one of the children leaving fundism. They really have not been very sucessfull brainwashing their kids, except for golden child Hosanna.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
4 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

There is some facebook group that I am in and Olivia is in the group. She spoke up about the speculation and said that it is HER brother. I think she said he is young and confused. I don't remember the rest or where it was! I will look. I'm never on facebook and I was doom scrolling. 

eeek

That would have to be Nathan Meggs then. He’s around 17 and has already graduated homeschool. He did have a girlfriend that recently got into an accident and has a TBI. Even though Olivia’s oldest brother is definitely still fundie, I don’t think Nathan feels that way since her family has decided to leave a lot of their fundie beliefs.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
ophelia

I just learned about the Plath's on the faboulus Fundie Fridays channel on youtube and I must say "wow".

Since I have to quarantine for 10 days this will be my rabbit hole.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
front hugs > duggs

I actually really empathize with Olivia when Ethan was cooking, while also understanding that she easily could have moved where she was at.

I'm currently working from home, while my husband is home all day and works out of the house in the evenings. He can be sooooo irritating when I'm focused! He does not seem to understand that if I'm staring at my computer screen intently, that I'm actually busy and can't be involved in a conversation. And when I show my agitation, he gets upset that I'm in a mood with him, when really I just need to me left alone to focus. I have tried calmly/politely explaining this, and he understands, but then in the moment doesn't seem to remember and starts talking to me and expects to have a full conversation. 

It's only been two weeks for me back to work from furlough..... I'm not sure how this will work out 🤣

  • Upvote 3
  • Love 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Pleiades_06
55 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I actually really empathize with Olivia when Ethan was cooking, while also understanding that she easily could have moved where she was at.

I'm currently working from home, while my husband is home all day and works out of the house in the evenings. He can be sooooo irritating when I'm focused! He does not seem to understand that if I'm staring at my computer screen intently, that I'm actually busy and can't be involved in a conversation. And when I show my agitation, he gets upset that I'm in a mood with him, when really I just need to me left alone to focus. I have tried calmly/politely explaining this, and he understands, but then in the moment doesn't seem to remember and starts talking to me and expects to have a full conversation. 

It's only been two weeks for me back to work from furlough..... I'm not sure how this will work out 🤣

I can relate to this. My kids are also in a position where they are always. There. All. The. Time. I find myself hiding from everyone.

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
38 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I can relate to this. My kids are also in a position where they are always. There. All. The. Time. I find myself hiding from everyone.

Same. We are all annoying each other daily. Especially now that the weather is cold. 

  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
front hugs > duggs
1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Same. We are all annoying each other daily. Especially now that the weather is cold. 

I guess I was lucky that while furloughed I just smoked weed all the time so I was super chill :pb_lol:

 

  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Recent Status Updates

    • K'Z'K

      K'Z'K

      Anyone know how to disguise a webcam?
      I have to start looking for a real job now that I'm vaccinated and the end of the pandemic is a possibility, and that will likely mean Zoom. With video. I'm camera-phobic (I'm fine taking pictures, but I cannot have one pointed at me). I just tried looking for webcams on Amazon and basically had a panic attack and breakdown just looking at pictures of those evil things. Actually having one pointed at me, recording and transmitting . . . no. I can't. It's not nervousness. It's not mere camera shyness. It's a true phobia, though there is apparently no official name for it.
      I have avoided Zoom and its ilk so far (my family was all into Zoom meetings this time last year, but I started with audio-only, then said no entirely), but it's all the rage and likely will be for a long time, if not forever. So I'll need to suck it up and get a webcam. Maybe if it's covered up like a nannycam I can force myself to use it without having a total breakdown. It also needs to be easy to disconnect and shove in a drawer because I can't have one where I can see it, even shut off, unplugged, and covered.
      So . . . any suggestions for webcam disguises? One already non-camera-looking would be best, but an appropriate cover could work. The tricky part is that the lens must be covered as much as possible. Can I use an actual nannycam for this?
      Please do not suggest "therapy" for my phobia. That is not an option for many reasons, which I will not get into here.
      · 3 replies
    • Marly

      Marly

      Happy international weed day to my fellow mary jane loving/enjoying FJ'ers 

      I usually only smoke weed on Friday evening and Saturday evening, but I will be making an exception for today. The weather is lovely and I am off work at 15:00, so then I'll be sitting in the sun on my balcony, listening to some good music and  
      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      I know it's almost over but Happy National Cat Lady Day 2021! 
      (And I would request all cat people show us your furry ones).
      · 0 replies
    • neurogirl

      neurogirl

      The jury in the Chauvin (George Floyd) trial is sequestered in deliberations as of today. I live in Minneapolis now and the edge in the city is palpable, especially after another police shooting here LAST WEEK. Went to our nearby Target today (the one that was destroyed last summer) and the National Guard is already in the parking lot. If the verdict is not guilty or manslaughter...it's gonna be crazy.
      · 1 reply
    • SPHASH

      SPHASH

      RIP Walter Mondale.  Best presidential candidate never elected.
       
      · 1 reply
    • Alisamer

      Alisamer

      I thought you were never supposed to forget how to ride a bike! My brain remembers, but my body? Not so much. I think I'm going to go to the cemetery to practice - long flat smooth roads with very few people. I'll wave at grandma and grandpa like I used to do when we rode bikes around and around at their house.
      · 0 replies
    • purple_summer

      purple_summer

      The second Covid shot is no joke. 
      · 5 replies
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      I thought I found the part I need for my car on O'Reilly Auto Parts' website, but it looks like I can't get it at this time. 
      (Please, please, please, please, please click the link! The joke only works if you see it. I promise it really is the auto parts site! )
      For those who can't or won't click:
       
      · 2 replies
    • Cartmann99

      Cartmann99

      A few weeks ago, I was telling @HerNameIsBuffy about the generously sized single carrot I received from Imperfect Foods. Well, today I got two more monsters in my box. I ordered a pound of carrots and a pound of sweet potatoes, and this is what they gave me:

      At its widest point, the sweet potato is nine inches in diameter, while the carrot tops out at seven and three-quarter inches. I kinda feel bad about my plans to eat them, as these two are definitely large enough to pursue careers in the adult film industry.
      · 4 replies
    • Bethella

      Bethella

      Fuck. Both of my interns are in quarantine. One is positive, the other is a close contact (her exposure was from her roommate, not the other intern). I know six other people who are or were sick within the last month and at least four other people who've had to quarantine after close contact. Things were supposed to be getting better. 😷
       
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.