IGNORED

Plathville Coming to TLC

zeebaneighba

Micah Plath's instagram is public and he has been...busy. Modeling clothed and half-(or mostly) naked, including photoshoots with women. Nike!

I couldn't find the old Plath family thread but how do we suspect Ma and Pa Plath are reacting? The Plath family blog has been deleted, and their Facebook hasn't been updated since the Spring of 2019. In that time, Olivia (Meggs) Plath has revealed herself to be a rebel, Ethan Plath is trying alcohol, Moriah has flown the coop, and Micah is severely defrauding fundies and non-fundies alike. Only Hosanna and the younger children are toeing the line. 

Thoughts? 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

We are talking about this on the Rod thread. 

He works out every day and takes care of himself. He seems like a nice kid. I just hope that his sheltered upbringing doesn’t make him a target for shitty people in the business taking advantage of him. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

I just finished the show and see I'm late to the convo. 

Questions:

- Does Hosanna have any kind of social media presence?

- How have people felt about Olivia and the airplane ticket drama? I feel a bit undecided, I can both see that she was overstepping but also saving Moriah.

Edited by freethemall
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/1/2020 at 4:51 PM, freethemall said:

- How have people felt about Olivia and the airplane ticket drama? I feel a bit undecided, I can both see that she was overstepping but also saving Moriah.

According to Olivia, Moriah's parents knew about this before hand and just reacted strangely when it happened.

• Upvote 2

Who's excited to watch this when it comes back on in a few days? So much more interesting than BUB and 19K/Counting On, I'm surprised this thread is so dead.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

On 11/6/2020 at 8:26 AM, freethemall said:

Who's excited to watch this when it comes back on in a few days? So much more interesting than BUB and 19K/Counting On, I'm surprised this thread is so dead.

Damn I'm so excited!  I didn't realize it was coming back.

10 hours ago, Natalie22 said:

Damn I'm so excited!  I didn't realize it was coming back.

Yes check out the preview! The family is now divided into 3 households, Moriah and Micah have fully ditched the fundie lifestyle and Olivia and Ethan are pretty much cut off from the parents. The kind of real drama I only wish we could see with the Duggars.

• Upvote 7

Here’s a TV screenshot of the Plathe family prayer closet!  It looks to be about 4 ft wide and 20 ft long.  This is so weird to me.

also on this preview the kids are complaining to their parents about the lack of education and the fact not one of them has a high school diploma.

Spoiler

0BADE7A0-B5F8-4A6D-9832-6A50D83C576A.thumb.jpeg.7bea6f2e66ccc0dc1bc95709c6b2622b.jpeg

FJ prayer closet is so much better.

• Upvote 7

58 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Here’s a TV screenshot of the Plathe family prayer closet!  It looks to be about 4 ft wide and 20 ft long.  This is so weird to me.

also on this preview the kids are complaining to their parents about the lack of education and the fact not one of them has a high school diploma.

Hide contents

0BADE7A0-B5F8-4A6D-9832-6A50D83C576A.thumb.jpeg.7bea6f2e66ccc0dc1bc95709c6b2622b.jpeg

I especially like the ice cream sundae bar in the FJ prayer closet.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

On 11/9/2020 at 3:35 PM, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Reveal hidden contents

Just watched the episode and Lydia says she specifically wanted a prayer closet. That girl has really drunk the kool aid.

Lydia also says she has her eye on someone and has friends in faraway places (Ohio?). 

I'm happy for Micah and Moriah but they are still quite immature, especially Moriah (yeah I know shes young). She says how she hates rules and I think acts and dresses in a way specifically to provoke the parents. But I think they'll be okay, eventually.

• Upvote 11

22 minutes ago, freethemall said:

I'm happy for Micah and Moriah but they are still quite immature, especially Moriah (yeah I know shes young). She says how she hates rules and I think acts and dresses in a way specifically to provoke the parents. But I think they'll be okay, eventually.

Learning that rules and dress codes are part of life is the biggest sign of maturity. I remember hearing an adult man mention leaving college because he didn’t like the dress code (it was pretty strict). Guess where he works now? UPS. Guess what? They have a pretty strict dress code and rules for their employees.

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, freethemall said:

Just watched the episode and Lydia says she specifically wanted a prayer closet. That girl has really drunk the kool aid.

Lydia also says she has her eye on someone and has friends in faraway places (Ohio?). 

I mean, Moriah at the time this was filmed wasn't even an adult.  I think it makes sense she's not ok with having to dress a specific way.  However, she is paying rent, working two jobs, and trying to get her GED.  I think that's plenty mature.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

I just watched it and actually thought it was pretty compelling. I think they are beginning this season by laying out all he friction: between the parents and Ethan/Olivia, between the parents and Micah/Moriah, and between Ethan and Olivia. I believe this season will be about resolving the conflicts and all coming together again. All of the siblings have a very strong bond, more than we see with families like the Duggars or the Rodrigues. It is tearing the older siblings up emotionally not to be able to have contact with the younger siblings. Ethan was essentially forced to choose between his marriage and his parents. By choosing his wife, he lost his younger siblings (for now.) Lydia is a sweet fundie girl who still totally loves her older siblings who are on different “journeys.” God, I hope she has no interest in a Rodrigues boy. I know it’s “reality TV” but they are at least creating an interesting storyline unlike the Duggars. In the first season, Ethan, Micah and Moriah were all fun loving and goofy. In this episode, they were somber and pissed off.

• Upvote 8

Dang it was hard to find this thread!   Yes - Lydia's prayer closet just slayed me.  We've joked about prayer closets on FJ for so long that I really thought it was just a joke.  It was like Harry Potter's room under the stairs.  And I'm not laughing at praying and I feel a little bad that I was so astounded at this but it just feels like Lydia needs someone to say it's okay to stay religious and conservative while also thinking that your parents did it wrong.  Or that there are a lot of shades of gray in the world and your mom seems to think it's either all black or all white and that's not how it really works.  

I can't imagine that Lydia hasn't met more promising prospects than the Rods but if it is a Rod hopefully it's Sam and not Tim and I'm not really sure what I'd think if it were Phillip... she would probably be happy as a pastor's wife and he seems to be heading in that direction but he's certainly going down the hellfire and brimstone path and she's such a sweet girl that it doesn't seem to be a fit.  

• Upvote 5

Maybe Lydias prayer closet being shown on TV is why Jill R. made an instagram video mentioning that Renee and Kaylee set up a war room for praying in their closet! She wants her own show so badly she is desperate! 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Grandma D said:

Maybe Lydias prayer closet being shown on TV is why Jill R. made an instagram video mentioning that Renee and Kaylee set up a war room for praying in their closet! She wants her own show so badly she is desperate! 

This was my exact thought! Jill seems to worship the Plaths and Lydia was at their house visiting fellowshipping not too long ago.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Grandma D said:

I think this trend also comes a bit from the Christian movie War Room where the wise old black woman (oh god the movie is painfully racist) has a special room in her house she calls her war room where she keeps track of her prayers and prays and talks to god there.  It's a pretty awful movie and I'd recommend either God Awful Movies breakdown of it or Maggie Mae Fish's.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

20 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

Learning that rules and dress codes are part of life is the biggest sign of maturity. I remember hearing an adult man mention leaving college because he didn’t like the dress code (it was pretty strict). Guess where he works now? UPS. Guess what? They have a pretty strict dress code and rules for their employees.

Maybe he wanted to wear shorts.

Everyone’s doubling down on their family roles this season. TLC must be thrilled. Like the Duggars, but interesting, gorgeous, scantily clad, and tons of drama.

I covet the Plaths’ new house. Kim needs to touch up her roots, or if she doesn’t want to color her hair, she needs to cut off the blonde part. Also, both Kim and Moriah - buy some lipstick that was manufactured after 1988. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

This is what happens when I don’t have hockey to watch.  Or should I say current hockey. I have don’t ask how many games saved on my PVR* and I swore up, down, sideways and backwards there was no way, no how, un-huh was I going to start watching another show about another crazy fundy family.

Yeah guess how I’m gonna be spending my what is it Tuesday nights? I’m glad they ran the two episodes the one for the new season and the one from last year introducing them so we could see how it started.  I am mostly caught up. 

I was even telling my office mates today about this show and how I have been sucked into watching it.

Thank God for FJ because I know now that I am normal.  Well at least normal but I our standards and those are the only standards I care about.

*About those games that I have saved on my PVR.  It is perfectly normal to have 100+ games saved.  I don’t save all of them I only save ones where my boys won and where perhaps there was Spirited discussion and competition. That’s BEG speak for lots of fights.  I know I know I’m a bad bad hockey fan I want to watch them pound on each other.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

I can't help but empathize with the Plath siblings as my family went through a similar split many years ago. 

Sometimes I wonder why this doesn't happen in more fundie families. I think the difference is that when children love their parents it's a lot harder to go against their will and disappoint them. In Christian lingo they say "having your child's heart" and there's some truth to that. The loving gushing families are more likely to keep all the kids in the fold, like the Bates or even the Rods. Say what you want about Jill, she's really good at manipulating her kids with her love.

I find it interesting that the families with really awful mothers like the Plaths, Schupes, and Penningtons are the only who "lost teenagers to the world". Those moms were/are abusive control freaks who never earned their kids' respect. And while Michelle seems like a loving mom, JBob can be an asshole around his children so I'm not surprised some Duggars have found the courage to stand up to him. 

• Upvote 8

I think Jill will lose a kid or two to the world. And JB will lose more than just Jill. It often takes time for kids to realize their parents fucked them over. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I don't know how to link, otherwise I would, but if you look up "Why Welcome To Plathville's Fans Are Questioning How Much Of The Plath Family's Rules Are Legit" you'll find an interesting read. Basically, a gamer recognized some familiar components during the segment of the show that was taped in Isaac's room. There are screen shots of a computer with 3 screens, a gaming chair, and 2 different gaming controllers. It's in the background and goes by fast. 

If true, I wonder what other rules they are loosening up on to keep the younger kids possibly at home. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

40 minutes ago, waltraute said:

I don't know how to link, otherwise I would, but if you look up "Why Welcome To Plathville's Fans Are Questioning How Much Of The Plath Family's Rules Are Legit" you'll find an interesting read. Basically, a gamer recognized some familiar components during the segment of the show that was taped in Isaac's room. There are screen shots of a computer with 3 screens, a gaming chair, and 2 different gaming controllers. It's in the background and goes by fast. 

If true, I wonder what other rules they are loosening up on to keep the younger kids possibly at home. 

I personally think all TLC family reality shows are at least 25% fake. Some are even more fake. I am always amazed when people assume they are 100% real. I’m sure they are only portraying the family in a way that would get the most ratings. I honestly wouldn’t believe much that happens on the show.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I’m no gamer but also noticed that computer. I’m sure some of the older rules have been relaxed by the parents as a way to keep the other kids happy at home. Seems like most of the big families we have watched have gradually gotten more relaxed over time. And I’m sure TLC has their spin on it, too. 

I really liked when Moriah and Micah addressed their lack of education to their parents as a barrier to making it on their own. I know the parents were super dismissive about it but I still think it was really important that the kids recognized it and want better for their siblings. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic