IGNORED

Plathville Coming to TLC

zeebaneighba

19 hours ago, kokocat said:

Ok, I was completely unaware of this being part of the narcissist's playbook! If I upset anyone by what I said, I do apologize. It is not something I have dealt with personally. 

No worries! I only really learned about it during my divorce five years ago. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

So it seems that my suspicions were right and this show will be like Breaking Amish. Moriah has been seen filming her life during this process of emancipating herself and getting away from her parents. I wouldn’t be surprised if the show kept The main focus on Moriah, Ethan, Olivia, and Micah with some filming of the rest of the Plath’s as secondary.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I’m just a bit disappointed the show began filming after Hosanna’s wedding. Part of me really wanted to see if JRod would try to make herself and Nurie the focus of the show. 

I live about 15 min. NW of Atlanta, which seems like a completely different world compared to the middle of nowhereville Part of Georgia the Plaths are from. Heck, my county was blue after the most recent election. I would be surprised if there wasn’t one liberal wherever the Plaths are from. 

• Upvote 5

So it seems maybe Moriah wasn’t emancipated and her parents made her come home. Her 18th birthday is August 2020. I imagine she is counting down the days. At least Moriah and Micah have each other. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So it seems maybe Moriah wasn’t emancipated and her parents made her come home. Her 18th birthday is August 2020. I imagine she is counting down the days. At least Moriah and Micah have each other. 

https://www.tvshowsace.com/2019/11/21/welcome-to-plathville-moriah-plaths-recanted-emancipation-joke-hoax-or-nda/    

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Does the girl even know that emancipation is a legal process? They do seem fairly well educated, but they are isolated..

• Upvote 1

I wonder if her not having lived in Minnesota long enough to become a legal resident kept her from being declared an emancipated minor , and that that might have motivated her parents compelling her to return , lest she remain there long enough to establish residency , and thus be entitled to emancipation .  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, keen23 said:

My kids were watching this yesterday. I had NO IDEA that Kim Plath had accidentally killed one of the kids.

I’m honestly surprised more of these types of accidents don’t happen in these large fundie families. 

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, keen23 said:

My kids were watching this yesterday. I had NO IDEA that Kim Plath had accidentally killed one of the kids.

I'm not familiar with this family.  How did the child die?

27 minutes ago, Flossie said:

I'm not familiar with this family.  How did the child die?

Kim hit him with their van. He was only a toddler so she didn’t see him. 

• Sad 2

Poor Moriah was singing a song on her Instagram story last night after her family went to bed. She had to record it in the bathroom so she wouldn’t wake anyone up. I feel so bad for her being stuck at home until August of next year when she turns 18. I don’t know why they don’t just let her move in with Ethan and Olivia if they think she’s that far gone. Maybe this is their one last try to get her under their control. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

BEC: Kim needs a more supportive bra.

She lets her girls go free more than her daughters!

I’ll show myself out.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 28
  • Love 3

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about the conversation between Kim and Moriah?  I thought that was really interesting to watch.  It's heartbreaking to see a kid who feels that because of who she is she was never loved and liked as much as her other siblings.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Natalie22 said:

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about the conversation between Kim and Moriah?  I thought that was really interesting to watch.  It's heartbreaking to see a kid who feels that because of who she is she was never loved and liked as much as her other siblings.

I hated the fact that Kim said Moriah should be great full for being given basics like a roof over her head. That's the least her parents could provide since they gave birth to her.   

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

@DarkAnts That's a total narcissistic move. My dad used that one on me a lot. I owed him because he had been a good father as evidenced by feeding, clothing, and housing me. It's very manipulative. That's your job as a parent to provide those things. You signed up for that job by having kids. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

So Kim did some online coursework to become a Naturopathic "Doctor".     She is no doctor.     There are many conditions a person needs to meet to be entitled to use the title "Doctor", and some funky online course doesn't legally allow her to misrepresent herself that way.

She is so slimy.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Firebird said:

@DarkAnts That's a total narcissistic move. My dad used that one on me a lot. I owed him because he had been a good father as evidenced by feeding, clothing, and housing me. It's very manipulative. That's your job as a parent to provide those things. You signed up for that job by having kids. 

They don't provide her with unconditional love. It was clear from that video that she was hurting. Her parents don't care. If they did, they would accept her for who she is.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

On 11/19/2019 at 9:54 PM, Grimalkin said:

I think Kim thought she would come off looking like an angel and Olivia would look like a monster who ruined her family. They keep taking shots at her by calling her bitter and angry. They said things like Ethan used to be nice, like she did something to him. Lots of passive aggressive comments towards her. They are delusional.

Especially since she comes off so balanced, sincere and fair. They just look like nuts juxtaposed with Olivia. 

• Upvote 5

On 11/22/2019 at 7:04 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

There’s a reason why Moriah is being emancipated. Her parents emotionally and spiritually abuse her. I have no issue with Olivia stepping in when she sees children being abused. Because CPS won’t step in. So who else will?

Thank you. It was getting super leg humpery in here. The Plath kids were raised by the Pearl Method. The parents have attempted to crush their spirits and have also abused them by not allowing them to have friends or any normal experiences  ever.

These are disturbed people isolating and crushing their children. There are no sides. We don’t need to respect people’s parenting when it destroys the soul, the spirit and the psyche. 

I’m ecstatic at the thought that anyone is able to “undermine” the twisted parenting and world views of weirdos like these two. 

On 11/22/2019 at 8:50 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I totally agree. CPS is constantly stepping in and telling parents how to parent their children differently because what they are doing is abuse. Why is it wrong for Olivia and Ethan to do so? They have first hand knowledge and experience here. It would be shitty of them NOT to step in.

I think it’s only wrong to conservative Christians who somewhat agree with the crazy parenting. 

Edited by amendgitan
  • Upvote 7

On 11/16/2019 at 2:59 PM, neuroticcat said:

So I’m just watching the first episode now. I find the whole no-sugar thing confusing. They are talking about it while baking with CUPS of honey. Honey still totally jacks up your blood sugar/insulin response. Weird to think it is “healthier.” 

Also...why is no soda a virtue??? These seem like strange goals even for fundies... ?

I have a sensitivity to sugar. High glycemic ones. They make me turn into Jack Nicholson in the seen from The Shining when he’s walking down a hall grunting and punching the air. Awful. (I have hypoglycemia). 

Honey is lower on the glycemic index and has some nutrients. I can use it, condensed fruit juice, coconut sugar, fructose (not to be confused with high fructose corn syrup), dates and to a lesser degree, maple syrup. 

But high fructose corn syrup or white refined sugar turns me evil and feeling sick in about 20 minutes. The other stuff doesn’t except maple syrup if I eat too much! 

That may be why they are only with honey. The glycemic index, its naturally refined, and has nutrients. 

There are things they do that would be okay if they didn’t adhere too tightly and if they weren’t coupled with their sinister religious beliefs. 

Not feeding kids sugar most of the time is great. Not exposing them to a lot of tv or other media is wonderful. 

But these people take it to an extreme as a pattern of control and extinguishing of the soul. Looks like the succeeded this far with Hosanna and Lydia.  

On 11/23/2019 at 4:13 PM, NonSOTDRT Teacher said:

I’m just a bit disappointed the show began filming after Hosanna’s wedding. Part of me really wanted to see if JRod would try to make herself and Nurie the focus of the show. 

I live about 15 min. NW of Atlanta, which seems like a completely different world compared to the middle of nowhereville Part of Georgia the Plaths are from. Heck, my county was blue after the most recent election. I would be surprised if there wasn’t one liberal wherever the Plaths are from. 

How is jRod connected? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, amendgitan said:

How is jRod connected? 

Nurie was a bridesmaid in Hosanna’s wedding this past summer

• Thank You 3

When comparing the Plaths to families like the Duggars and Bates, you have to wonder how the Plath's failed and now have "rebellious" children, despite seemingly doing all the same things.

I partially think it has to do with the show as a cash cow. Notice how all ALMOST all the Duggars and Bates married couples come to live near their parents.

Just speaking from a way less serious issue, it was hard for me to just get a tattoo or move in with my boyfriend when my parents were still paying for my insurance and cell phone. I felt obligated to respect their wishes since they were financially supporting me. 

It does give hope to all the TV-less fundie children that they won't feel this burden and can get out. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

When comparing the Plaths to families like the Duggars and Bates, you have to wonder how the Plath's failed and now have "rebellious" children, despite seemingly doing all the same things. 

It's so interesting. Human behaviour is such a complex mess of things.

I think some part of it is innate personality. It seems some personalities are relatively mouldable and some aren't. Perhaps the Duggars and Bates got lucky with some of their people pleasers (though Jill seems like she's trying to please her husband more than her dad these days - uh oh!)

It seems like some kids will always do what they want to do and the more restrictions you give them, the more they figure out how to break the rules without getting caught. I think Moriah is this way. (Good for her.)

• Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic