IGNORED

Andrea Mills 2: Watching Tom Appear to Lose His Mind

Coconut Flan

32 minutes ago, can'tstopwatching said:

She is so much scarier than the odd person commenting something “negative” who is actually trying to help the family. She has 3 young kids and homeschools 2 of them. They appear to be on benefits which I am never going to be judgmental of but maybe she could be spending all her time more wisely to help her own family thrive? How on earth does she have time to find out everything about this family and comment on every video on multiple channels, be constantly vigilant on every living stream, etc? It’s utterly insane and absolutely terrifying. 

The one thing I noticed here is that some of the people insulting some of the subscribers know more about the livestream than we do. Im sure I'm gonna get labeled disgusting names but it's okay. 

• Confused 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • WTF 2

13 minutes ago, Jasminfetty said:

I dont know what will make you think she is on benefits. 

She posted a video on “how to get the most out of your WIC benefits” and mentions it occasionally in food haul videos. There’s nothing wrong with it, and I think that type of video is a good and helpful idea even, I’m just saying her young family probably needs some of the endless amounts of attention she gives the Mills.

2 minutes ago, Jasminfetty said:

The one thing I noticed here is that some of the people insulting some of the subscribers know more about the livestream than we do. Im sure I'm gonna get labeled disgusting names but it's okay. 

I am a subscriber and watch all the videos except game night and bible study, and I don’t insult any of the other subscribers and frankly there isn’t a lot of “insulting” going on here at all.

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, can'tstopwatching said:

She posted a video on “how to get the most out of your WIC benefits” and mentions it occasionally in food haul videos. There’s nothing wrong with it, and I think that type of video is a good and helpful idea even, I’m just saying her young family probably needs some of the endless amounts of attention she gives the Mills.

I haven't seen her food haul videos tbh and I had to google wic but she seems to have a big heart. I think she is a stay at home mom so I can see why she is more available to help out.  

• Confused 4
  • WTF 2

11 minutes ago, Jasminfetty said:

I think she is a stay at home mom so I can see why she is more available to help out.  

Being a stay-at-home parent doesn’t mean heaps of free time. You’re staying at home because things need doing at home. What a strange assumption (and she’s homeschooling as well!).

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Being a stay-at-home parent doesn’t mean heaps of free time. You’re staying at home because things need doing at home. What a strange assumption (and she’s homeschooling as 

How is that a strange assumption,  it's common sense that she would have more free time than a career woman with kids . I'm not saying there is anything wrong with being a stay at home mom . I just consider her a compassionate person. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • WTF 1

10 minutes ago, Jasminfetty said:

How is that a strange assumption,  it's common sense that she would have more free time than a career woman with kids . I'm not saying there is anything wrong with being a stay at home mom . I just consider her a compassionate person. 

A compassionate person?? Perhaps. Perhaps her heart is in the right place. I'm sure there are people who will buy into that theory.
HOWEVER...

A person that wishes her husband was 10% the man of another is?  A person who watched each video multiple times (Tom has said this)?  A person who has a newborn plus other kids who are home all the time so are under Mom's supervision more than kids who go to school? 
I don't know another mother who has so much time to spare every day (or near to that) to spend with an absolute stranger's channel, monitoring and replying to comments.

To me, a compassionate person expresses their empathy; encourages the continued care and love for the children who have just lost their mother; occasionally has the time to support another.

If Rachel was simply a compassionate person, why would she be so present in a stranger's online life?

• Upvote 23
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, under siege said:

A compassionate person?? Perhaps. Perhaps her heart is in the right place. I'm sure there are people who will buy into that theory.
HOWEVER...

A person that wishes her husband was 10% the man of another is?  A person who watched each video multiple times (Tom has said this)?  A person who has a newborn plus other kids who are home all the time so are under Mom's supervision more than kids who go to school? 
I don't know another mother who has so much time to spare every day (or near to that) to spend with an absolute stranger's channel, monitoring and replying to comments.

To me, a compassionate person expresses their empathy; encourages the continued care and love for the children who have just lost their mother; occasionally has the time to support another.

If Rachel was simply a compassionate person, why would she be so present in a stranger's online life?

I really dont think she should have commented that,  I respect her but if she is with her husband its just very mean. Myself I'm someone in her early 20s and live in my own away from the family. The mills channel is just so sweet and wholesome and they show the beauty of living in a close nit small town. It breaks my heart to see this past few months. Poor Tom looks so skinny and depressed. 

Edited by Jasminfetty
  • Bless Your Heart 4
  • WTF 4

1 hour ago, Petronella said:

Thinking more about the sour grapes thing:

So much of what fundies preach is based in making themselves feel better about poverty. Higher education? Evil. Large house? Evil.

This makes the fundies who are struggling feel better about their own situations (superior, even, like Rachel saying that people with large houses must be deeply unhappy and dysfunctional), and makes the ones who are comfortable avoid having to think about helping others. They're fine! They have each other! The poor don't need anything but Jesus and bootstraps!

Agreed. But it’s so sad too. Most parts of the US lack the government social supports, like universal health care, subsidized child care, and monthly child stipends that would help families . The irony is that many of these families oppose government so strongly that they would never vote for these things. They don’t even take advantage of the systems they can access, like Medicaid, WIC and the services offered in public schools. They fear government control so much that they start relying on strangers for help and call it “a blessing from God.”

It drives me nuts.

• Upvote 16

45 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Agreed. But it’s so sad too. Most parts of the US lack the government social supports, like universal health care, subsidized child care, and monthly child stipends that would help families . The irony is that many of these families oppose government so strongly that they would never vote for these things. They don’t even take advantage of the systems they can access, like Medicaid, WIC and the services offered in public schools. They fear government control so much that they start relying on strangers for help and call it “a blessing from God.”

It drives me nuts.

It's definitely sad. They adopt this mindset and attitude that they are better and smarter than everyone, it makes Tom (and made Andrea) so smug and arrogant. Tom has fully convinced himself that his homeschooled, ACE-taught kids are smarter than all public school kids and that people who go to college are wasting their time and money (in fact I'm nearly certain his kids could go for free or next to nothing). Whether you're homeschooled or not doesn't make you smarter or less smart than someone else, but ACE sure inhibits their education, as does rarely being taught by another person. It's the same as how living in a small house can work out great and a big house isn't necessarily better, but since they are restricted to their small house they have to convince themselves it's actually better than a big (or even regular) house and that everyone else is an idiot and doing it wrong. They think people who take the advice of doctors are brainwashed and can't think for themselves rather than respecting the decades of experience and knowledge that medical professionals have. And now the older kids think this way too. It's crazy.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Jasminfetty said:

. I think she is a stay at home mom so I can see why she is more available to help out.  

As a former SAHM who DIDN'T homeschool my kids, I am left wondering how the hell is she actually watching and teaching her own kids! She isn't available to help out because she has a job, that job is homeschooling her children. If she can ignore her kids this much then she needs to put them in public school and daycare because she clearly doesn't care about making sure they are getting a quality education. 

1 hour ago, Jasminfetty said:

The mills channel is just so sweet and wholesome and they show the beauty of living in a close nit small town

Sweet and wholesome? She mocked the parents whose children were murdered! She taught her children a curriculum that is heavy on the racism. She forced her kids to conform to her ideas with little care to what they wanted. She was a very shitty mother. She wasn't some sweet wholesome soul. 

And I'm wondering if you are a fan who Tom sent here to defend him since I suspect he wouldn't step foot here to defend the terribleness of their lives. 

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 6

Hooboy. Okay.

The phrase "career woman" makes me think you've never worked. I don't know if that's true, but that's how it comes across. It's a very dated phrase, and "others" women who work. Apologies if I've misconstrued you.

But, honestly, it also sounds like you don't have kids either, since you think looking after preschoolers and homeschooling school-age kids results in lots of free time. I'm just...like, what? Little ones need to be carefully watched, for their own safety, even when they're happily occupying themselves. And most of the time they want your interaction. You're reading to them, baking together, walking to the park... And do I really need to explain why homeschooling is time-consuming? At least, IT SHOULD BE if you're doing it well.

So maybe you're just very young? I don't know where you're coming from. I find your posts confusing, to be honest.

To more directly respond to your "common sense":

If a parent is at work, then SOMEONE ELSE is looking after the young kids during those hours. It's not like the childcare accumulates and then you look after them retroactively when you get home. So I'm confused by your assertion that an adult who looks after kids is doing less work than an adult who waits tables or cuts hair or whatever. An adult who is looking after children from 9-5 is filling those hours with that task. An adult who is working at a paid job from 9-5 is likewise filling those hours with that task.

A stay-at-home parent whose kids GO TO SCHOOL does indeed have more flexibility and free time than a parent who works, but that doesn't apply to homeschoolers.

The comments here about Rachel have to do with the EXCESSIVE amount of time she is devoting to policing the Mills' social media.

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

16 hours ago, Tekas_76 said:

It makes me think that some fundamentalist religious people is only a very thin layer of that covering a big chunky soul of hate, anger, frustration and intolerance, perhaps even racism…

Wow, this summarizes so many of the people discussed on FJ. I would add possible mental illness to the list. It's unfortunate that it took Andrea's death for her and Tom's veneer to come off.  Nothing to like about any of them. Ugh.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

she has a job, that job is homeschooling her children.

Yes! You said it more succinctly than I did ?

• Upvote 3

I really dont think she should have commented that,  I respect her but if she is with her husband its just very mean. Myself I'm someone in her early 20s and live in my own away from the family. The mills channel is just so sweet and wholesome and they show the beauty of living in a close nit small town. It breaks my heart to see this past few months. Poor Tom looks so skinny and depressed. 

Oh you sweet summer child, have you read the rest of this thread? Andrea was a nasty piece of work, and Tom is one. Wake up. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

It appears you are a new poster who joined just to defend Rachel. Personally, I find that suspect.... Assuming you are not Rachel herself, I'm legitimately curious to know your thoughts on the following:

* Belittling her husband online (re: the comment that she wishes her kids had 10% the father Tom is).

* The apparent stalking of Tom on any social media account connected to his family.

* The overly mean, snippy and just downright nasty responses to people who express legitimate concern for the family.

Where are you seeing any compassion?

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Generally speaking, long-term members think it is useless to comment on Fundie blogs, youtube, or facebook.  It just encourages them to feel persecuted and gets them even more set in their ways.  

I agree, but it may be different when the commenter was previously a supporter and has had a change of heart. Even then, a post or two may be sufficient to withdraw support and approval. Fundie bloggers are pretty much made of Teflon, critical comments do not affect them except to irritate and feed their persecution complex, as you stated. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Oh my god, hearing Tom talk about nutrition on the facebook live is melting my brain. He's saying "processed" means it's been chopped up, salt is good, and that food that's considered healthy now was "garbage" years ago. This is more of denying and resisting education. Yes, what is considered nutritious changes, because we learn more as a society through science and research, but sure I understand how the changes in what is "healthy" can seem fickle. What I don't understand is how he can think a hot pocket is just as healthy as a whole piece of fruit or vegetable. Nobody has ever thought whole fruits/veggies are garbage. He says people think because they have one mountain dew they're going to die -- what a gross oversimplification. We see what they load their shopping cart with every month, it's not about one mountain dew, it's every meal. Being picky himself is one thing, but denying nutritional education to his children and feeding them incredibly unhealthy food every day consistently is horrible. I'm all for convenience food, especially in difficult times, but that's not what this is. This might be one of the most harmful consequences of families like this thinking they know everything and do it better than everyone else and that experts are overrated and people who trust them don't think for themselves.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Hmmm...” Jasminfetty” is new here and there is also a comment on YT from user “Torafetty“ mentioning FJ on Mileena’s troll video...

On Youtube you say to Telma:

”Normally I dont answer to stuff like this but you went out of your way to post this.” 

What are YOU doing here? Seems like YOU went out of YOUR way to sign up and post on HERE.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

I think we should leave Rachel’s life alone. Mostly because it’s boring and I think anyone here can see it’s sad and she seems to have found some sort of meaning or platform for herself by being the weird and creepy Tom police.  Talking about her is sort of a snooze fest. 

Me thinks  she’s definitely got some issues and her grocery hauls are gross but let’s stick to snarking on her creep factor with Tom versus what appears to be a very unfulfilled (and likely uneducated life). 

inthink she started with good intentions to help Tom and then the “power” (wacky) went to her head and she became a snippy snarky defensive guru. Lame o. 

Edited by Saywha?
  • Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 3

I honestly don’t care if he feeds them junk (sadly part of many homes).

The issue for me is he refuses them regular dentist and medical care (from actual professionals) to catch anything the bad stuff may trigger/is causing and equally get a doctor to say if they have a clean bill of health.  

i still find it hilarious they poopoo science yet revel in science’s wonderful tasty processed concoctions. How they don’t see the irony is beyond me! 

Edited by Saywha?
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Saywha? said:

The issue for me is he refuses them regular dentist and medical care (from actual professionals) to catch anything the bad stuff may trigger/is causing and equally get a doctor to say if they have a clean bill of health.  

i still find it hilarious they poopoo science yet revel in science’s wonderful tasty processed concoctions. How they don’t see the irony is beyond me! 

Yeah, honestly I agree that feeding them junk isn't the biggest deal ever. For me it's more of how he teaches them to not believe what doctors and experts say about what is healthy or nutritional and to do whatever they want because no one dies from eating candy and following such advice is what lesser, dumber people than them do. So that includes teaching them that going to the dentist and doctor are unnecessary too. It's the whole mindset that I take issue with.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Saywha? said:

The junk food is an expression of the overall lack of routine and lack of nurturing.

Also, there’s a big difference between “household that allows junk food” (say, with a pantry of snacks and treats the kids are free to raid between meals) and “household that provides no nutritious meals so the kids eat only junk food and little else.”

It would also be less of a concern if they had more outside opportunities, like hot meals at school. But they’re ONLY in that house.

Junk food is delicious! I like it. My kids like it. We buy it. But they *also* have veggies and proteins and fruit.

You’re right that junk food, in and of itself, is not particularly a problem. It’s *lack of healthy food* that’s a big problem.

(Also, the caffeine in Mountain Dew isn’t helping their routine and sleep any.)

• Upvote 20
  • Love 1

I agree Rachel seems like a deeply unfulfilled woman and normally I wouldn't snark on her. Her obsessive behavior around a family she's never met with strong hints that this obsession is to the detriment of her own children IS concerning. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

“Career woman” is a bizzarely outdated term for a ‘mid-20s’ person to be using.  I’m 10 years older and no one I know says that.  Maybe my mom’s generation did back in the early 90s while watching Murphy Brown and Designing Women?

As a non-mom myself, just what I’ve gathered from watching friends who are parents- no one I know who is a parent to 3 kids seems to have anywhere near the free time in a day as what Rachel Mills spends on the Mills family channels, whether they are home with kids or working out of the house.  Just saying.

Anyway, welcome to FJ and I’m glad you’ve come here to discuss whatever it is you’d like to talk about with us... I firmly beleive the kids should be left alone on their own YT channels.  Especially Mileena.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

And I'm wondering if you are a fan who Tom sent here to defend him since I suspect he wouldn't step foot here to defend the terribleness of their lives.  

I had the same thought… I even had the feeling that it could be Rachel... But it's one of his leg-humpers… Or someone pretending to be a young lady in her 20's (with a fake Youtube profile and all)... but with a slang of someone much older, IMO, just saying...

3 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

It appears you are a new poster who joined just to defend Rachel. Personally, I find that suspect.... Assuming you are not Rachel herself, I'm legitimately curious to know your thoughts on the following: 

Once again… I had a feeling that it was Rachel under a fake profile... Giving herself compliments and saying good things that nobody will ever say about her...

3 hours ago, can'tstopwatching said:

We see what they load their shopping cart with every month, it's not about one mountain dew, it's every meal. Being picky himself is one thing, but denying nutritional education to his children and feeding them incredibly unhealthy food every day consistently is horrible.

Yes, the quantity of junky food that he buys covers almost 99% of the total purchase. Last shopping video that I saw, I think that, as far as I can remember, the only healthy thing they've bought was two packages of apples (one of them he didn't want to buy, because it wasn't his favorite kind of apple… once again, all about Tom!!!). The rest was lots of sugary stuff, lots of carbs, candy, soft drinks, more crisps, more noodles, a lot of butter and cheese, and peperoni because "we eat a lot of peperoni". It's sad, really sad seeing that the kids nutrition is so poor, even though he claims to be using too much money for the food (like he never did before!!).

2 hours ago, Justsum1twothree said:

Hmmm...” Jasminfetty” is new here and there is also a comment on YT from user “Torafetty“ mentioning FJ on Mileena’s troll video...

On Youtube you say to Telma:

”Normally I dont answer to stuff like this but you went out of your way to post this.” 

What are YOU doing here? Seems like YOU went out of YOUR way to sign up and post on HERE.

At first I thought on answering her, but then I thought about it and decided not to give it to much importance, to not get affected by it… let's just ignore, otherwise she will feel empowered!! I don't care, not even a bit. If she thought that I would be scared by her finding me here and describe my former photo, she's completely wrong… I don't give a damn...

I changed my photo not because of her, but because it's more appropriate… the evil minion... LOL that's me XD

2 hours ago, Saywha? said:

Yep, it's like saying: let's ignore centuries of studies and researches from the medical community, but let's take this wonderful herb tea and we'll be healed… Oh, and we'll have to pray a lot also (otherwise it won't work)!!!

53 minutes ago, Spanger said:

“Career woman” is a bizzarely outdated term for a ‘mid-20s’ person to be using.  I’m 10 years older and no one I know says that.  Maybe my mom’s generation did back in the early 90s while watching Murphy Brown and Designing Women? 

As a non-mom myself, just what I’ve gathered from watching friends who are parents- no one I know who is a parent to 3 kids seems to have anywhere near the free time in a day as what Rachel Mills spends on the Mills family channels, whether they are home with kids or working out of the house.  Just saying.

I remember seeing the term "career woman" in the movie "Working Girl" from 1988 (yes, I am old enough to have watched it XD), but it's a term that I never used, specially because I was raised into thinking that a girl has to study and to get a job, besides being a good housewife and taking care of the children and the husband. I was trained by my mother to learn everything about being a good housekeeper and trained by my father about fixing stuff, handicraft, electricity, plumbing, wood work, etc. So I can do almost everything (I don't enjoy cooking a lot, but I know how to eat healthy and to do a few nice stuff - healthy)… And that all keeps me busy, besides working all week… I also had a  5 years course at University, which I finished!! And it was in a private institution... and my parents didn't went bankrupt...

I don't have children but my boyfriend/husband, which I live with (for almost 5 years), can count as one?? I have to clean the house and wash his clothes and sew them when necessary. And I'm always busy… So I imagine someone with kids, a house and a husband, etc, it can be time consuming. I'm not complaining about mine, I wouldn't change him for 100 Tom's, and he's kind enough to help me by cooking most of the meals (it gives him pleasure to cook, so I won't take that joy away from him XD LOL). SO, I imagine that house care, children and spouse care, home-schooling, buying grosseries, etc, it will occupy so much time... How can she still do all that and still have time available to keep up with "everything Mills"...….. yeahhhhhh, great idea just now…. "Keeping up with the Mills"!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic