IGNORED

Princess Beatrice is Engaged to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi

adidas

Princess Beatrice announced her engagement to Edoaedo Mapelli Mozzi today. They got engaged in Italy last month. He has a 3-year old son so Beatrice will be a step mom. 

Her ring is lovely. It reminds me of Queen Elizabeth’s. Should be interesting to see the wedding. Prince Andrew will probably want it to be large and public like Princess Eugenie’s even though he should be trying to stay out of the public eye. 

Kind of enjoy that she announced during the Duke & Duchess of Sussex’s royal tour. I like to think of it as payback for Eugenie’s wedding. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Beatrice is totally innocent, by all accounts a very nice woman and she Deserves to be gloriously happy like any woman in love planning a wedding.  

• Upvote 17
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 3

37 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

Too much publicity for the family of a molester and/or rapist. 

Sarah Ferguson doesn’t come off very well either with respect to Jeffrey Epstein.  Beatrice deserves to be happy and a lovely wedding. It just seems like the issues with Andrew and Sarah are going to hang over Beatrice’s wedding. 

• Upvote 8

I certainly see Beatrice wanting her father to give her away just like he did for Eugenie. Having her mother there is probably nonnegotiable as well. I wonder what her fiancé thinks about this? 

Edited by tabitha2

It's fine for Eugenie to be happy. Nobody begrudges her that. But Air Miles Andy has an entitlement as big as his prostitution budget. 

He and Sarah will make this wedding a taxpayer-funded spectacle.  And I'm certain they'll try to use this to have the public forget that he abused a teenage sex slave and brought his fellow pedo to Eugenie's teen-filled birthday party. 

I didn't think the public is that stupid. We have long memories for perversion and violence.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

It's fine for Eugenie to be happy. Nobody begrudges her that. But Air Miles Andy has an entitlement as big as his prostitution budget. 

He and Sarah will make this wedding a taxpayer-funded spectacle.  And I'm certain they'll try to use this to have the public forget that he abused a teenage sex slave and brought his fellow pedo to Eugenie's teen-filled birthday party. 

I didn't think the public is that stupid. We have long memories for perversion and violence.

The Tax payers only pay for the security. The rest is payed for the the Duke and the Queen and maybe the millionaire groom if he wants to be extra lavish. 

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

The Tax payers only pay for the security. The rest is payed for the the Duke and the Queen and maybe the millionaire groom if he wants to be extra lavish. 

The Duke gets about $400k a year... from taxpayers.  The Queen gets a lot of money from horses and landowning, but a hell  of a lot from the taxpayers as well. So it seems a bit of doublespeak to suggest that the wedding will be paid for through means other than the public purse. 

As for the security, it's not as if that's insignificant, either. Eugenie's wedding cost a little under 3 million pounds (public), most of which was security.  Personally, I find that wasteful for the tenth in line to the throne.  She may be a nice girl - that's irrelevant - but she's so far from the throne that it's ridiculous for her to get publicly- funded perks.

Edited by acheronbeach
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Nobody works for free:) It’s unusual work but it is still work and most of the senior working Royals who get government money are earning it .

• Move Along 1

26 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Nobody works for free:) It’s unusual work but it is still work and most of the senior working Royals who get government money are earning it .

Yeah but none of us are born into a permanent 400k per year job that's paid for by taxpayers and where we don't have to worry about getting fired for bad behavior... like, say, if we were fucking teenage sex slaves or hanging out publicly with convicted pedos. 

IMO that's not really a job in any traditional sense.  In Andrew's case more like a kind of welfare to make indolent rich people even richer. 

(Now, if it were Anne or Sophie, I'd agree that they at least work hard in their roles)

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

Nobody chooses what family or circumstances we are born into either.But Do the British People really care what Andrew did or did not do? Has their been any kind of outcry or protest at all? If the public reaction was strong enough the higher ups would take action 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Nobody chooses what family or circumstances we are born into either.But Do the British People really care what Andrew did or did not do? Has their been any kind of outcry or protest at all? If the public reaction was strong enough the higher ups would take action 

I absolutely agree with you, nobody chooses that. That’s why I don’t hold their undeniable privilege against the RF. 

But... While they do work and have engagements and patronages, I think  @acheronbeach is right: Their work can’t be compared to that of say a janitor who works more hours, with more stress and under incomparable conditions to try to make ends meet. Also, while I don’t know that for a fact, I assume they don’t have to write their speeches themselves and sit around for days and weeks, trying to come up with good ideas. They most likely can get involved and spend lots of time preparing their public appearances, but I imagine  they can also hand off a lot of their work load. 

What members of the RF can also choose is the way they deal with the perks they get by carrying a royal title. And in Andrew’s case, he seems to misuse his power, contacts and influence. That’s my problem with him. I don’t really read British news honestly so I don’t know how his scandals are perceived in the media there, but I’m happy I don’t live in a monarchy, constitutional or whatever else. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 7

You all might like this article:  https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/08/28/the-real-prince-andrew-scandal-we-cant-get-rid-of-him/

The laundry list of Andrew’s scandals would be long enough to finish off any politician – and it grows longer by the day. But in Britain, in 2019, we are still lumbered with a royal family. They wield enormous influence – supposedly on our behalf – but we the public have no power or means to stop them or hold them accountable. The biggest scandal of all is that we can’t get Andrew out of public life.

Yep.  True that, especially as the Queen seems to think favorite child can do no wrong.

Oh, and congratulations to Bea, I think.  I've always felt rather sorry for the Yorkies.  They can't help their parentage.

This ever developing scandal might put the kibosh on a big Eugenie-type wedding shindig for Bea.  I don't know, though.  I think Andrew should be hiding away in disgrace and shame, but he doesn't seem to have any sense of shame. 

But a Bea wedding will still be a tiara occasion, I expect.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

But a Bea wedding will still be a tiara occasion, I expect.

Yes, it will be. Zara Tindall and Autumn Phillips both had tiaras for their wedding day. And neither Peter or Zara are even titled. 

Beatrice shouldn't have to have a smaller wedding than her sister because of the sins of her father. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Once Charles becomes king, we'll see Andrew and the York girls less and less. Charles has made a pretty clear he's not interested in keeping so many working royals, and I'm sure he's more than aware of what how Andrew damages the monarchy. 

I'm happy for Beatrice, assuming she's not just marrying to marry and/or as a distraction for her dad. 

• Upvote 7

Even if she does have a smaller wedding, she can always have a larger second wedding. It’s not like this one is going to last. The guy is a skeeze. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Why do you say that?  The couple have known each other for years and he would hardly be the first person to break up with his baby mama. 

But deceiving his pregnant live-in girlfriend for months while sleeping with Beatrice does not bode well for the relationship.  It shows planned, long-term deception. It also seemed pretty cold-hearted to kick her out of his flat so Huang ended up staying on a friend's couch. 

And no, I don't buy the revisionist version put out by the parties now that they're engaged.  When Beatrice first started dating him, it was pretty clear they'd had a months-long affair.  

Mozzi comes across as a total dirtbag.  For Beatrice's sake, I hope he isn't anymore, but I'm not holding my breath. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

7 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Why do you say that?  The couple have known each other for years and he would hardly be the first person to break up with his baby mama. 

@acheronbeach summed it up quite nicely. He's not the first person to leave his partner that he's had a child with for someone else more famous, but I think history has proven in enough cases that it rarely works out well. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

20 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Once Charles becomes king, we'll see Andrew and the York girls less and less. Charles has made a pretty clear he's not interested in keeping so many working royals, and I'm sure he's more than aware of what how Andrew damages the monarchy. 

I'm happy for Beatrice, assuming she's not just marrying to marry and/or as a distraction for her dad. 

I also suspect that Beatrice or her family are thinking about Charles's future ascension.  As it is now, as The Queen's favourite son's kids, they will get grace and favour homes upon marriage.  No way do I see King Charles giving grace and favor homes to the York girls.  If they have the chance to marry right now, they'd be smart to take it.

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

I also suspect that Beatrice or her family are thinking about Charles's future ascension.  As it is now, as The Queen's favourite son's kids, they will get grace and favour homes upon marriage.  No way do I see King Charles giving grace and favor homes to the York girls.  If they have the chance to marry right now, they'd be smart to take it.

I was under the impression that grace and favour homes weren't passed from monarch to monarch automatically, and they are all already in some G&F apartments. 

Now, I could see the queen out right gifting them homes, which I I think what she did to William and Kate with Anmer Hall. 

• Thank You 2

I really don’t think Charles is going to toss the girls out or shun then . They have never done anything wrong and They are still Royal Princesses and his sons love their cousins even if he and Andrew are not particularly fond or close to each other.  It’s more likely that they will continue as they have: being  married socialites campaigning for causes and going to private family events.  

Pretty sure Charles would put Andrew in villa on a remote island and be glad to not see him ever again if he could though :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 7:28 PM, tabitha2 said:

I really don’t think Charles is going to toss the girls out or shun then . They have never done anything wrong and They are still Royal Princesses and his sons love their cousins even if he and Andrew are not particularly fond or close to each other.  It’s more likely that they will continue as they have: being  married socialites campaigning for causes and going to private family events.  

Pretty sure Charles would put Andrew in villa on a remote island and be glad to not see him ever again if he could though :) 

I agree. They are not full time working royals so there's no need to change anything for them. I think as far as streamlining goes, the intention will be to have fewer full time working royals and fewer people with HRH titles. The Queen's first cousins are all titled with major titles and have all been working royals at some time or another. Charles's cousins (David, the Earl of Snowdon and Lady Sarah Chatto) are not and never have been working royals and do not have HRH titles. William only has two cousins with HRH titles (the York sisters) and neither have become working royals and it is likely that Beatrice's fiance, like Jack Brooksbank, will not be given a title and the children of both girls will not have titles. Thus far, Prince George has one cousin who has not been given a title (and yes, of course, Harry and Meghan refused it...absolutely...and I also have ocean front property available here in the heart of the Midwest) and is not likely to be given one later if Charles is serious. Half of the Queen's grandchildren have minor titles or no titles. The only great grandchildren with titles are William's children. They are well on their way to streamlining the future monarchy down to the immediate heirs. If the pattern continues, children born to Charlotte or Louis are not likely to have titles (of course, unless by some tragic circumstance one of them ascends the throne). I suspect we'll see only the siblings and/or adult children of the monarch as full time royals in the future. 

• Upvote 4