IGNORED

Sierra 3: Paddle Faster I Hear Banjos

Coconut Flan

7 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

Thank you so so much. That's really encouraging. Yesterday & today have been really bad (emotionally/mentally) not even my xanax is helping but I've heard it takes a good 4-6 weeks to feel the full effect (affect?) of the medicine so I'm really hoping it helps. It's so frustrating feeling like this. I don't even like myself right now so I can't even imagine how those around me must feel about me. 

It does take awhile to really get the full effect and side effects can last a a little bit too just take it one Day at a time. It's really hard when you have bad days to be patient. The reason (to my understanding from doctors explainations and my limited pharmacology classes I've taken) that it takes awhile to "kick in" is because it has to reach its half life maintenance dose, but the good part is that after that if you take consistently it's always and even dose. So unlike xanx which works fast and wears off there's not the ups and downs. 

My depression likes to tell me that other people would be happier without me around and I don't know if this would help you but I always tell my husband (whose my main support person) I need him to love me until I feel like me again when I feel like that. Therapy has helped me separate that anxiety/depression/ ptsd "voice" from my more "rational perspective" of what's actually happening. For example I was in a car accident that was my fault and ended up in the hospital because I'm pregnant and the needed to monitor the baby awhile This week. My anxiety wanted to tell me that this is all my fault and my husband hates me and I deserve to be in the hospital etc but I was able to rationally also know that my husband was worried and kept saying he was just glad the baby and I were okay and the car doesn't matter. Accidents happen. It doesn't help 100% always but it does always help a little for me to write down what I'm thinking verses facts like " this is what he said " or this is what really happened. 

I don't know if that would help or not I just got on another roll ? I'm having a pretty happy day today coming out of some harder ones. I just want to help someone else not feel how I feel sometimes. Your always welcome to PM me if you need someone to listen. (I don't always get on every day though as a heads up) 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 10

Sierra's new born had to he air lifted to the children's hospital in little rock. She took him to the er where he was diagnosed with rsv and well at the hospital he had a fibilar seizure

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
  • Sad 15
  • Thank You 1

This is the post in question. He was diagnosed with RSV and had what 'they think' was a febrile (I'm assuming that's what she means by Fibril) seizure. They airlifted him to Little Rock. No other information as of yet. I hope he's okay.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

So she had six or whatever panic attacks recently, but not one over the infant having RSV and a febrile seizure that results in an air evac to Little Rock?  

I hate that "we were diagnosed."  No, HE was diagnosed.  

I hope he gets better quickly.  

• Upvote 17
  • Love 3

My daughter was hospitalized at 9 weeks with RSV. It is very scary. I hope Merrick improves quickly and that they both return home soon. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

I cannot IMAGINE the stress of being life-flighted with your newborn with six (seven?) other kids at home who rely on you - the mom - for everything. Several of whom are barely toddlers. My heart would be torn right in two. I hated even going to the hospital for labor and leaving my older babies at home, and they weren’t babies, and our household is far more equitable than Sierra’s seems to be. My heart goes out to all of them (Merrick, Sierra, the other babies, Mark) right now.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

This is such a scary situation and I agree with all of you who said that having so many children needing her at home likely increases Sierra’s stress level even more. I really don’t want to be in her shoes!! Poor baby and poor her! 

Also, one of the very first thoughts that came to my mind was how much medical debt they will accumulate right now. Air lifting someone must be extremely expensive, not to mention staying in the hospital for now. We’ve discussed it ad nauseam, but to add financial worries to health scares must be hell on earth! 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

My son was hospitalised with RSV/bronchiolitis at 6 weeks - it was so awful. I hope little Merrick recovers quickly and that perhaps an intuitive and caring nurse can engage Sierra in conversations which might help her take some steps in the direction of getting help. 
I also hope that Sierra can focus on Merrick while Mark holds fort well.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

It's probably a good thing she didn't have a panic attack while her child was facing a medical emergency.  

Sorry, edited because I know people who have panic attacks aren't able to prevent them, or choose when they happen.  I was insensitive to this in my earlier post.

Edited by SamiKatz
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

So she had six or whatever panic attacks recently, but not one over the infant having RSV and a febrile seizure that results in an air evac to Little Rock?  

I hate that "we were diagnosed."  No, HE was diagnosed.  

I hope he gets better quickly.  

I tend to get eerily calm when my kids are having a medical problem.  The thought of them walking to the park features me out, but with medical stuff I get in a very calm zone. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, FunFunFundie said:

I hope Sierra realizes she’s not obligated to keep up the “speak joy” bullshit during this.

No she doesn't and that is part of why she has so much stress, she puts it on her self, but this BS notion that they must be perfect at all times is nothing but BS. This is a big thing in fundy and fundy light circles, the need to look perfect, have the perfect family and hid all the ugliness that goes on behind closed doors is a very real thing.  

48 minutes ago, TZmom said:

I tend to get eerily calm when my kids are having a medical problem.  The thought of them walking to the park features me out, but with medical stuff I get in a very calm zone. 

I'm the same way, It's like something flips on or off inside you and says I have to keep my shit together so my kids don't freakout because mama is freaking out.  

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm the same way, It's like something flips on or off inside you and says I have to keep my shit together so my kids don't freakout because mama is freaking out.  

This tends to be a thing with a lot of people with anxiety (or so I've heard) essentially you spend so.much.time. worrying about what could happen that when something actually does it's like ok well I knew something was going to fall to pieces let's get to work. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Sierra has tagged all the Duggars (Duggarfam, Jessa, Jana, Jill, Si...) on her IG post. And some other people that I don't know. Is she seeking extra attention or what? Sure, I hope the baby recovers quickly. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Melinda said:

Sierra has tagged all the Duggars (Duggarfam, Jessa, Jana, Jill, Si...) on her IG post. And some other people that I don't know. Is she seeking extra attention or what? Sure, I hope the baby recovers quickly. 

I attributed that to "this is my way of updating everybody I can, and drawing their attention to it, without having to make phone calls." I don't think it's odd at all, given that they are friends. It would be weird if she were to tag, say, the Pearls or whatever. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, LacyMay said:

This tends to be a thing with a lot of people with anxiety (or so I've heard) essentially you spend so.much.time. worrying about what could happen that when something actually does it's like ok well I knew something was going to fall to pieces let's get to work. 

Oh wow! That describes me to a "T"! I've always wondered why I worry about everything (most of the things I worry about never even happen)  & cry over the most ridiculous things but when something major happens I'm actually pretty calm & just go with it (which is sooo against my nature!) @LacyMay that's really interesting. I've never heard that before but it totally makes sense.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 9

I hope the lil guy fully recovers. I hope Mark steps up to help his family. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I heard or read somewhere that people with severe anxiety are more likely to survive disasters because they’ve rehearsed in their minds exactly what steps they would take if something happened. I’ve seen this play out on a small scale with my daughter, when a fire alarm went off. 

• Upvote 10

13 minutes ago, Kailash said:

I heard or read somewhere that people with severe anxiety are more likely to survive disasters because they’ve rehearsed in their minds exactly what steps they would take if something happened. I’ve seen this play out on a small scale with my daughter, when a fire alarm went off. 

Yeah that totally makes sense!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Poor Sierra! And poor baby Merrik, I hope he recovers quickly!!

Spoiler

usually seem eerily calm during stressing situations. (People always comment on it.) But inside me one of two things happens: Either I think very rationally and completly void of any emotions or I dissociate and have no recollection of it. I quite often panic after it has happened and I am talking to my therapist about it. Or when I am alone and have enough time to think, which dosen't usually end well for me. S****h***:sad:

I

• Love 5

3 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I hope the lil guy fully recovers. I hope Mark steps up to help his family. 

I wonder who watched the 6 older kids when she went to LR, she said that Mark was on his way down, I would hope he didn't bring the kids with him, that is the last thing Sierra or Merrick needs is 6 siblings under the age of 10 running around his room while he's trying to recover. And Sierra needs to focus on the baby not the other kids right now. Hopefully one of her friends is watching the kids for her, in the cult there has to be a couple of older teen girls who can stay at the house and watch the kids for them. 

• Upvote 6

About Sierras Panic Attacs: Not wondering whether she has them or not - I'd have them as well with 7 kids, but how can she have so many after each other and post about it afterwards? I am completly drained after one - all I want to do for the rest of the day is sleep. And I sure as hell wouldn*t post about it on social media! (Well maybe I just kind of did -  but FJ is anonymous and a very thoughtful and friendly crowd sooo...)

• Upvote 11

16 hours ago, mollysmom said:

Oh wow! That describes me to a "T"! I've always wondered why I worry about everything (most of the things I worry about never even happen)  & cry over the most ridiculous things but when something major happens I'm actually pretty calm & just go with it (which is sooo against my nature!) @LacyMay that's really interesting. I've never heard that before but it totally makes sense.

Count me in as one of these people too. I will cry over ANYTHING and am your stereotypical high maintenance girly girl that's easily grossed out, except in an emergency and/or medical situation wherin I am calm and cool as a cucumber. It's to the point that even acquaintances know that if I'm calm something is really wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Hey Duggars- I notice several of you commenting about sending prayers to Sierra and her family during this difficult time. Here’s a little advice. Prayers are great, but actually doing something to help is even better. How about volunteering to take a couple of the kids off grandma’s hands for a couple of hours, stopping by to collect and do some laundry or do a grocery store run. You all of have been generously blessed by the masses, and it’s time to pass on the gifts of your time, talent and treasure.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 16

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic