IGNORED

Another child molesting pastor

notsocommon

The Inquisitr reported that Stephen Bratton sexually abused a teenage relative:

Specifically, according to the criminal complaint against him, he allegedly sexually abused a teenage relative over the course of two years. Specifically, their sex acts ranged from kissing all the way up to sexual intercourse. These acts allegedly took place multiple times per week or even multiple times per day.

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2019/06/16/well-done-church-leaders-grace-family-baptist-church-pastors-handle-sex-abuse-case-of-alleged-pedophile-pastor-stephen-bratton-appropriately/

• Sad 3
  • Thank You 1

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at Voddie's house to see his reaction when this hit the fan.  

• Upvote 4

So, I have to wonder if the wife is being encouraged to stay with her husband, no matter what.  Seven kids.  She has few (no?) options for financial independence.  Her now disgraced husband may very well go to prison. 

This asshat (the pedophile) believes that the punishment for women having an abortion is death.  The abuse went on for years. I have to wonder (if the victim is a girl) how she avoided pregnancy, or if the whole thing blew up because she became pregnant.  And the victim is a relative. 

Yes, it's great that the church folks went straight to the police and CPS, yada yada, but the toxic stew that is patriarchal headship is still ongoing for all the women and girls in that church.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

Honestly, I’m just relieved that the case was referred to the criminal justice system. Far too many of these fundie assholes sweep abuse under the rug by supposedly taking care of the punishment in house Duggar style.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

I know this couple, went to college with them.

His wife is visually impaired, if not completely blind.  It is going to be extremely hard for her to work and support her kids. 

Someone in a FB thread is claiming to be from the church and are saying that the church is ‘not holding her to this marriage.’

Pretty sure the church only went to the police because of all the recent focus on this issue. 

Lastly, the victim has to be his own child.  Who else would he have access to multiple times a day, everyday? 

Edited by notsocommon
  • Sad 9
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

So, I have to wonder if the wife is being encouraged to stay with her husband, no matter what.  Seven kids.  She has few (no?) options for financial independence.  Her now disgraced husband may very well go to prison. 

This asshat (the pedophile) believes that the punishment for women having an abortion is death.  The abuse went on for years. I have to wonder (if the victim is a girl) how she avoided pregnancy, or if the whole thing blew up because she became pregnant.  And the victim is a relative. 

Yes, it's great that the church folks went straight to the police and CPS, yada yada, but the toxic stew that is patriarchal headship is still ongoing for all the women and girls in that church.  

Howl, heartbreakeningly she was was likely too young to get pregnant.

• Disgust 6

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

The linked article refers to a teenager.

I take the chance to remind everyone that speculation about abuse victims identities is against the rules.

• Thank You 7

5 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Girls can menstruate at age 9 (before that, I don’t know). A pregnant 11yo was in the news recently when her state was passing restrictive laws on abortion.

How young was this kid? (ETA: one news article says teenager)

I’m feeling sick.

Edited by refugee
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Please, please, please let this guy take a plea deal and spend a LOT of time in prison.  A trial would be horrible for everyone.  My heart aches for the victim.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I'm sorry for the hardships his wife and kids are going to shoulder...but I say lock this sick fucker up and throw away the key.

I'm DONE with any grown men who molest underage girls.  Done. Done. Done.  Let all the people in jail on marijuana charges out and replace them with the pedophiles.  "Grievous sins" my ass - you're a sick evil fuck and you should be treated accordingly.

I'm looking at you, DPIART.  I still hold out hope that someday your cosplay du jour will be an orange jumpsuit.

• Upvote 8