IGNORED

Stephanie Grisham: Sarah Sanders Part Deux?

GreyhoundFan

10 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

She lies like Sarah and Sean:

Couldn't she, like, hold a press conference or something? Since she IS the White House Press Secretary.

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, JMarie said:

Couldn't she, like, hold a press conference or something? Since she IS the White House Press Secretary.

Well, uhm, no. She's, like, this White House's Press Secretary. She's only there to pick up her taxpayer paid salary, is all. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Well, uhm, no. She's, like, this White House's Press Secretary. She's only there to pick up her taxpayer paid salary, is all. 

Don't forget, she has to go shill on faux. She only wants receptive audiences.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Don't forget, she has to go shill on faux. She only wants receptive audiences.

Only when they'll have her....

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

And she's out!
I wonder when she'll start at Faux.

• Upvote 8

Isn't this the damned truth?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Deer Rufus save us all. Kayleigh McEnany is the new [insert air quotes] press sec???

• I Agree 5

You know Tomi Lahren's in the background, saying to herself "there's hope for me! there's hope for me!"

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Deer Rufus save us all. Kayleigh McEnany is the new [insert air quotes] press sec???

I know, right? I dredged up her thread and renamed it. I forgot she was a vocal birther.

24 minutes ago, JMarie said:

You know Tomi Lahren's in the background, saying to herself "there's hope for me! there's hope for me!"

Yes, there's always room at the bottom of the barrel, which is Tomi's normal place.

• Upvote 4

• 1 year later...

Um, did Steffy ever MEET the trumps? "Stephanie Grisham: I told the Trumps my relationship with a White House staffer had turned abusive. They didn’t seem to care."

Stephanie Grisham served as chief of staff to the first lady, press secretary and communications director in the Trump White House. Her book “I’ll Take Your Questions Now: What I Saw at the Trump White House” publishes Tuesday.

After being by their sides for almost six years, I knew Donald and Melania Trump about as well as anyone, or so I thought. And they knew me. A hungry gossip, the president showed an ongoing interest in my relationship with my boyfriend, a fellow White House staffer, and asked intimate questions about our relationship.

He and the first lady invited us as a couple to events, with Trump conferring on us his stock compliment, “right out of central casting.” They knew when we got a dog for my birthday. They knew when we broke up.

They also knew when the relationship turned abusive — and they didn’t seem to care.

One day, while meeting with Mrs. Trump alone, she asked how I was holding up after our breakup. My eyes started to well up. I had been holding in the fact that the end of our relationship had become violent, reaching its worst point on the day I left. I told the first lady that he got physical with me.

She asked me if I had called the police and I said no, explaining that this close to the election, it wouldn’t be good to have yet another domestic abuse scandal hanging over the administration. I also had no proof. She nodded and did not push the matter further. As far as I know, she told no one.

A few weeks later, after the first presidential debate, I was with President Trump on Air Force One. Noting that my ex was also in our entourage, the president asked me if it was tough to have seen him at the debate. He then began to tell me how broken up my ex had been about the split and expressed sympathy for him.

I couldn’t sit there and listen to that. Although I had not intended to, I confided the same story about the physical abuse that I had told Mrs. Trump. I told the president that this “great guy” had anger issues and a violent streak. I was not some stranger making a wild accusation. I hoped that he would take me seriously, that he would do something.

After I finished, the president crossed his arms and just said, “That surprises me. He was really broken up over things.” After we got off the helicopter, Mrs. Trump said she was glad I told him.

We never spoke about it again.

I felt that Mrs. Trump believed my story. I suspected the president, long invested in the view that women usually make up allegations of assault, didn’t want to believe it.

Whether they believed me or not, however, isn’t really the point. My ex has denied my allegations and engaging in any such behavior, but his denials aren’t really the point either.

The point is that the president and first lady seemed totally unfazed about whether there was an abuser — another abuser — in their workplace. There was no follow-up from either of them to see if I needed help or protection. There was no investigation ordered. No effort to get to the bottom of this.

A White House staffer accused of assault by a woman whom the president knew and trusted? It didn’t even seem to register on the president’s radar screen as a concern. To the contrary, knowing what he knows, Trump has endorsed my ex’s bid for Congress. The takeaway: Dealing with abuse claims is not in his interest, but having someone in office who will be a rubber stamp for his agenda is.

I was violently awakened to the Trumps when the Capitol came under attack on Jan. 6 — an attack the president encouraged and the first lady casually ignored at the time. Their “base” was, and remains, only a means to an end, just like I was. For me, the spell had been broken. In my mind, they wouldn’t care what fate befell anyone involved in the violence at the Capitol. I was the first senior official to resign that day. And I have never regretted the long-delayed choice to break free.

I was immediately ostracized from the majority of Trumpworld. I still haven’t spoken to many of the people I worked alongside for years. The usual rumors are being spread that I was a leaker, a liar, mentally unstable and things too painful for me to even recount.

There will be an effort to destroy me — I know because I did the same thing to others who saw the Trumps up close and came forward with books or interviews or op-eds to tell the truth.

It’s poetic justice, I guess, that I was once a destroyer myself.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 5

22 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I couldn't care less wat she has to say, or how she was allegedly treated by the Trumps. She chose to work for them, kept her mouth shut during their tenure in the WH and never deigned to answer any questions of the press when she was press secretary. And now she wants to sell her story?

Hard no from me.

Edited by fraurosena
Typing in the metro is hard...
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

I agree with Don Lemon:

• Upvote 7

• 3 months later...

"Stephanie Grisham says group of ex-Trump officials to meet next week to discuss how to 'stop' him"

(CNN)Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said Thursday that more than a dozen of her former Trump administration colleagues plan to meet next week to try and stop former President Donald Trump as he continues to "manipulate people and divide our country."

"Next week, a group of former Trump staff are going to come together, administration officials are going to come together and we're going to talk about how we can formally do some things to try and stop him and also, the extremism, that that kind of violence, rhetoric that has been talked about and continues to divide our country," Grisham told CNN's John Berman and Brianna Keilar in an interview on "New Day."

Grisham, who was also chief of staff to former first lady Melania Trump, declined to reveal who will be joining her in the efforts, but said there would be "about 15" of her former colleagues, including some who worked inside the White House. Some of the officials, she said, were junior to her, while others were senior. A few of the officials had "informal chats," did outreach to others, and conducted "some Zooms, some conference calls," culminating in the partially in-person formal meeting next week, according to Grisham.

Several people involved in the effort who spoke to CNN said the group currently includes between 15 to 20 individuals who served in the Trump administration, but have since soured on the former President, and who believe his indisputable control of the Republican Party is negatively impacting the country.

Among those invited to participate in the meeting were former senior officials like Chris Krebs, who had directed the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency inside the Department of Homeland Security, and former top White House aides like John Bolton, whom Trump ousted from his role as national security adviser in September 2019.

Bolton spokeswoman Sarah Tinsley confirmed her planned attendance to CNN. A representative for Krebs declined to comment.

Others who plan to participate include former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci, who has accused Trump of having "perverted" the GOP; Miles Taylor, a former top DHS official who penned an anonymous essay during Trump's tenure in which he claimed to be working to restrain the President from within his administration; and Olivia Troye, a former homeland security and counterterrorism adviser to Vice President Mike Pence.

Grisham said she is personally hoping to "travel the country and talk to people who are believers like I once was" and "explain who (Trump) really is," also calling the former President a "master manipulator."

"I'm hoping that people will talk to somebody like me or some of these other people who really did believe in Trump and understand you can be proud of his policies, you can still be behind a lot of the America First policies that he implemented, which I am, but it doesn't have to be him. It just doesn't have to be this man who has caused such chaos and destruction in the country," she told CNN.

She said that the group of former Trump officials will discuss "what are the most effective tactics in order to carry that message," adding that she's "really hoping for a good fight in 2022."

The group is also expected to include certain individuals who "perhaps have not been as overtly public about their criticism (of Trump) to date," according to a person familiar with the group, who did not wish to reveal the identities of those participants at this time.

In an interview with CNN, Troye said there are "many" ex-Trump officials "who remain very concerned and want to come together to figure out how we are going to counter Trump and Trumpism going into this next election and the election after that."

Grisham speaks with January 6 committee

Grisham met Wednesday on Capitol Hill with the House select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection. On January 6, she was Melania Trump's chief of staff at the time, but resigned from her role that day, effectively immediately, as a result of the insurrection, becoming one of the first Trump officials to do so.

Grisham told CNN on Thursday that she spent about an hour with the select committee on Wednesday, "answered every question they asked of me, and I will continue to cooperate with them."

She confirmed that the committee was interested in what was happening inside the White House as the insurrection was unfolding at the US Capitol on January 6.

"Planning things that were happening outside, conversations that were had broadly. Those were some of the things we talked about," she said, adding that the committee also sought "any details I had with timelines and conversations that were happening, and intentions beforehand and during, what was going on."

Asked if she shared new information that committee did not know, Grisham replied, "There were a couple of things that they didn't know. There were things that I was able to confirm. And I think there were things that I was able to kind of help put together like a puzzle." She declined to go into further detail.

She said that she did not know who specifically spoke with Trump on January 6 to try to get him to stop the violence, except that Melania Trump did not try and plead with her husband.

"All I know about that day is he was in the dining room, gleefully watching on his TV, as he often did. 'Look at all of the people fighting for me,' hitting rewind, watching it again. That's what I know," Grisham said.

• Thank You 8

21 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Well, dang.  Far be it from me to praise Stephanie Grisham, but I am glad some former Trump-humpers have seen him for what he really is and care enough to try and arrest the further Trumpification of US politics.  If we are to defeat the fascist dreams of Trump and his followers, it will take a coalition of strange bedfellows willing to overlook one another's differences and work together to ensure the continuation of the American democratic republic.  This gives me hope that it might be possible.  I for one welcome Ms. Grisham, as well as Ms. Cheney, Mr. Kinzinger, and any other Republicans willing to stand up against trump and his enablers.  

• Upvote 9

On 1/7/2022 at 8:08 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

They have to hold a meeting on how to stop him? Sheesh, all they have to do is spill all the beans to the Jan 6 committee, talk to the prosecutors investigating Trump in NY, and then air all the dirty Trump admin laundry to the media. 

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, fraurosena said:

They have to hold a meeting on how to stop him? Sheesh, all they have to do is spill all the beans to the Jan 6 committee, talk to the prosecutors investigating Trump in NY, and then air all the dirty Trump admin laundry to the media. 

They need the meeting to make sure the blackmail material doesn't get aired and the ongoing coup plans aren't derailed. Throw Trump to the wolves? No problem, but they want to make sure the bottom line won't be affected first.

• Upvote 8