• Chocolate
  • Charcoal
GreyhoundFan

Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 7

Nervous
HerNameIsBuffy
1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

20190522_maggie1.PNG

As the mom of a special needs kid who still remembers being bullied for taking "the short bus" this one breaks my heart.

Take shots at Trump but please don't further stigmatize kids in special ed to do it.

GreyhoundFan
41 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

As the mom of a special needs kid who still remembers being bullied for taking "the short bus" this one breaks my heart.

Take shots at Trump but please don't further stigmatize kids in special ed to do it.

My apologies.

20190522_maggie3.PNG

laPapessaGiovanna

Screenshot_2019-05-23-12-32-25-973_com.android.chrome.png.df20260f92af2448602926657b5a3d52.png

Just to clarify, this one is from The Onion.

Edited by laPapessaGiovanna

laPapessaGiovanna
15 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Thank you for this, but would you mind to explain? Because I (and probably other ESL people too) miss some context and it would be useful for us to know more to avoid possible unintended offences.

Nervous
HerNameIsBuffy
58 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Thank you for this, but would you mind to explain? Because I (and probably other ESL people too) miss some context and it would be useful for us to know more to avoid possible unintended offences.

Oh I’m sorry, I should have.

the “short bus” is used many places for children with special needs to go to school.  Many of these kids are in special ed, although for some it’s due to wheel chair accommodation it’s a trope and stigma here that references to the short bus is a perjorative.  Akin to calling someone a retard.

(I used that word deliberately to illustrate the severity of the insult, it isn’t against the rules in this instance.)

many, many children who take this bus to school grow up bullied and called names.  

My wonderful son is in his 20’s and will still silently flinch at references to the short bus.  He has a great and irreverent sense of humor but those things leave scars.

fwiw I know @GreyhoundFan meant no disrespect and was just posting it for the trump thing.  I just said something becusse it’s important that while attacking trump is warranted we don’t want to hurt others with collateral damage.

front hugs > duggs
18 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

20190522_jones1.PNG

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad/depressing.

GreyhoundFan