IGNORED

Patience and Nathan Axmann

albireo

Lisa’s other good fundie daughter, Grace, is pregnant like Faith. However her pregnancy is likely much more difficult than Patience’s. Grace has a baby already that she has to take care of on top of the fact that she just had gall bladder surgery. She’s been having gall bladder attacks and had it removed recently. My sister started getting gall bladder attacks while she was pregnant with her second. Pregnancy can exacerbate it. So she gets to recover from surgery while pregnant and with a baby to take care of. Oh the quiverful life is just grand...

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

http://thepenningtonpoint.com/2019/07/7-of-the-hardest-parenting-tips-you-will-ever-need/

Lisa posted recently to her now-rarely used blog. Nothing very new that we don't know already, but she touches on Chris' "non-gender" lifestyle:pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes: and a few other things, thought yall who follows these folks would appreciate.

"I don’t take credit for the great things my adult children do and I don’t carry their poor choices on my shoulders. I gave them what I knew was the best upbringing I could and they get to decide what to do with that gift. Not all of my children are following the path I would choose for them. Not all stayed in the Christian faith, and while my heart breaks over that, that is between them and God. I am not a success or failure because of the decisions my children make."

Conclusion: Lisa is still a fucking martyr and a master manipulator, and beneath her guise of being enlightened about her grownup children, still wraps herself in her self-righteousness and denial.

Edited by Feministe9000
  • Upvote 14
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 2

So it's been how many years now and Lisa is still nursing her wounds over Alecia moving out? Who the hell are these fans that read her blog and think "oh you poor dear, what a terrible betrayal that your adult daughter didn't want to live with you into her twenties"? The Penningtons got national news coverage because they were SO extreme in trying to trap their grown children at home, and yet she's still playing the martyr about it. In her post she pays lip service to the idea that you can't make decisions for your grown children, but the fact that she's casting herself as the victim here (and obsessing over Chris's gender identity) makes it clear that she has yet to fully comprehend that it might be wrong to keep your kids under your thumb forever through legal, financial, and emotional abuse.

• Upvote 18

I feel sorry for all of her kids. They all suffered as her children and I even feel sorry for her perfect fundie daughters. One is married to a man fighting his natural same sex attraction and the other has dealt with two back to back pregnancies and gall bladder removal surgery while pregnant. I wouldn’t be surprised if she becomes a breeding machine like her own mother. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

So it's been how many years now and Lisa is still nursing her wounds over Alecia moving out? Who the hell are these fans that read her blog and think "oh you poor dear, what a terrible betrayal that your adult daughter didn't want to live with you into her twenties"? The Penningtons got national news coverage because they were SO extreme in trying to trap their grown children at home, and yet she's still playing the martyr about it. In her post she pays lip service to the idea that you can't make decisions for your grown children, but the fact that she's casting herself as the victim here (and obsessing over Chris's gender identity) makes it clear that she has yet to fully comprehend that it might be wrong to keep your kids under your thumb forever through legal, financial, and emotional abuse.

I had the same thoughts. She describes Alecia's leaving as being damaging and destructive but not a word about her own behavior that left Alecia no other choices.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Choices?!!!!! Are you fucking kidding me?

Lisa, who in their right mind would CHOOSE to have gender dysphoria and risk being kicked out, ostracized from family and friends, beaten, refused service, profiled, and possibly tortured, maimed, raped, killed, etc.? Nobody wakes up and says "hey, that sounds like a great life, super easy, let's do this!" No, they wake up absolutely miserable with no other alternative than to accept who they are and potentially risk everything for it. Lisa, you're not a victim, you're LUCKY. That after all the shitty ways you've treated your kids, they are too nice to cut your toxic ass out of their lives. You have some amazingly kind and loving kiddos, but Lord knows how. They certainly didn't get it from you.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 5

“It isn’t easy and it isn’t something people talk much about.” Yeah, how come nobody tells you that kids growing up usually involves the state of Texas creating new laws making it illegal to imprison your adult relatives?

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, 16strong said:

Choices?!!!!! Are you fucking kidding me?

Lisa, who in their right mind would CHOOSE to have gender dysphoria and risk being kicked out, ostracized from family and friends, beaten, refused service, profiled, and possibly tortured, maimed, raped, killed, etc.? Nobody wakes up and says "hey, that sounds like a great life, super easy, let's do this!" No, they wake up absolutely miserable with no other alternative than to accept who they are and potentially risk everything for it. Lisa, you're not a victim, you're LUCKY. That after all the shitty ways you've treated your kids, they are too nice to cut your toxic ass out of their lives. You have some amazingly kind and loving kiddos, but Lord knows how. They certainly didn't get it from you.

Oh that family definitely believe in “choices” when it comes to sexuality and gender identity. Her son in law is attracted to men yet is married to her daughter. He chose to fight those natural Feelings and get married to a woman. I’m sure Lisa thinks Chris should be doing the exact same thing right now. Fighting who they are and marrying some fundie guy and popping out babies.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, VVV said:

I had the same thoughts. She describes Alecia's leaving as being damaging and destructive but not a word about her own behavior that left Alecia no other choices.

To the bolded: it's all about what Alecia did to her, to hurt her, abandoned her but no recognition of how she hurt her daughter with her behavior.     

My parents treated my leaving home as abandonment of them and the family, that I was the one hurting them.  Never was there any acknowledgement of how it might have hurt me, that it undermined our relationship going forward, that they were wrong.  It was never quite the same, my view of our relationship is cleared marked with a demarcation of "before" and "after".  

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 5
  • Love 6

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so....go check out Nathan’s latest Instagram video he posted of a day trip I guess he and Patience and two friends (a couple) took to a state park. He’s really checking off all the boxes that constitute a Uber hipster chic or whatever. 

I just thought it interesting, and a bit weird and sad, given what we know about Nathan, that the whole clip (i’m Not saying whole video) but the whole clip he chooses to show features the other guy they were with almost....90%, aside from nature and a few side clips of patience and the dudes I’m assuming girlfriend or wife?

I see Chris has commented on it giving him positive feedback, trying to be supportive of their sister. Given Chris’ own experience coming out and being in an accepting community, it must hurt and be hard to witness. It just makes me sad, i see a gaze through his video that is undeniable ? I know I’m reading too much into it but....damn he is so focused on that guy in a way maybe he doesn’t even realize/has pushed out of his consciousness. 

If you guys have ever heard or are interested in hearing this story on the dude who founded one of the biggest gay conversion programs who was never able to shake off who he was and his redemption story, it is incredible. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.listennotes.com/podcasts/radiolab/unerased-dr-davison-and-the-elo-D9mBF5s/amp/

Edited by Feministe9000
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Feministe9000 said:

but the whole clip he chooses to show features the other guy they were with almost....90%, aside from nature and a few side clips of patience and the dudes I’m assuming girlfriend or wife?

It's two clips probably one minute long. There were four of them so, aside from himself, "aside from nature, Patience and the guy's wife" what should have shown?

• Thank You 1

I know I'm late to this post but it breaks my heart. My roommates and very close friends are a gay couple. One man is in his early-mid 20s and moved here from the Midwest and has always been open about his sexuality. The other is in his 40s and was born and raised here in Utah in a Mormon family. He got married and had children his 17 year old son is actually living with us for the summer. Anyway because he was suppressing his sexuality he ended up acting out so to speak in much more harmful ways, sneaking around for random hook ups with other men, with little regards to safety because he was in such denial. He got really into the P&P scene, party and play, where he did a lot of meth so he could go through with the hook ups because he had such hate and denial towards himself. He wound up contracting HIV in this process. He met another man who helped him through this process and coming out to his family, he had to divorce  his wife and there were a lot of problems there. He has been sober for over 3 years now and is working in the mental health field. He's such a great man. But it's so sad he had to go through all that shit because of his religious community. It's awful.  His life, his son's, his exwife's and everyone involved's lives are forever harmed because of this.

• Sad 10

12 hours ago, Feministe9000 said:

Okay so....go check out Nathan’s latest Instagram video he posted of a day trip I guess he and Patience and two friends (a couple) took to a state park. He’s really checking off all the boxes that constitute a Uber hipster chic or whatever. 

I just thought it interesting, and a bit weird and sad, given what we know about Nathan, that the whole clip (i’m Not saying whole video) but the whole clip he chooses to show features the other guy they were with almost....90%, aside from nature and a few side clips of patience and the dudes I’m assuming girlfriend or wife?

I see Chris has commented on it giving him positive feedback, trying to be supportive of their sister. Given Chris’ own experience coming out and being in an accepting community, it must hurt and be hard to witness. It just makes me sad, i see a gaze through his video that is undeniable ? I know I’m reading too much into it but....damn he is so focused on that guy in a way maybe he doesn’t even realize/has pushed out of his consciousness. 

If you guys have ever heard or are interested in hearing this story on the dude who founded one of the biggest gay conversion programs who was never able to shake off who he was and his redemption story, it is incredible. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.listennotes.com/podcasts/radiolab/unerased-dr-davison-and-the-elo-D9mBF5s/amp/

Mods please remove my post. I regret sharing this and would like it to be removed.

Edited by Feministe9000

10 hours ago, zee_four said:

I know I'm late to this post but it breaks my heart. My roommates and very close friends are a gay couple. One man is in his early-mid 20s and moved here from the Midwest and has always been open about his sexuality. The other is in his 40s and was born and raised here in Utah in a Mormon family. He got married and had children his 17 year old son is actually living with us for the summer. Anyway because he was suppressing his sexuality he ended up acting out so to speak in much more harmful ways, sneaking around for random hook ups with other men, with little regards to safety because he was in such denial. He got really into the P&P scene, party and play, where he did a lot of meth so he could go through with the hook ups because he had such hate and denial towards himself. He wound up contracting HIV in this process. He met another man who helped him through this process and coming out to his family, he had to divorce  his wife and there were a lot of problems there. He has been sober for over 3 years now and is working in the mental health field. He's such a great man. But it's so sad he had to go through all that shit because of his religious community. It's awful.  His life, his son's, his exwife's and everyone involved's lives are forever harmed because of this.

This is exactly what I fear for a young family member who is being pressured into a marriage with a young lady who is clearly smitten with him. I can't say for sure that my family member is gay but I am by far not the only relative who has met him and wondered.

• Upvote 6

On 8/1/2019 at 9:00 AM, Feministe9000 said:

Mods please remove my post. I regret sharing this and would like it to be removed.

Posts aren't removed unless they break a rule.

• Upvote 4

This is so sad. It makes me think of the woman behind the org Free Mom Hugs. Basically a lady in a toxic anti gay church had a son come out as gay and she chose him over the religious bullshit. Too bad every family can’t be like her. 

Here’s a link to the website: https://www.freemomhugs.org/

• Upvote 8
  • Love 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 3:19 PM, usedbicycle said:

"The authors have a very simple goal with this book — “to establish from Scripture that desires for a sinful act are sinful precisely because the desired act is sinful” (13). To put it another way, the authors of this book aim to show clearly from Scripture that sin does not begin at the moment an action is taken; rather, sin begins in the mind, with the desires. Therefore, as such, same-sex desire and same-sex attraction is sinful, even without the person acting on those desires, because the object of the desire is sinful."

The idea that thoughts can be sinful, even equivalent to the action, is not an isolated or extreme one. After all, “I tell you that anyone who looks on a woman with lust in his heart has already committed adultery.”

I'm most familiar with the Catholic take on this, but I think it's similar in most Christian denominations: a fleeting thought is not sinful, but dwelling on it is. So if your brain spontaneously goes boom-chicka-wow when you see Tom Hiddleston, but you immediately distract yourself in some way, no sin has occurred. When you welcome impure thoughts of TH and ask them to stay a while, you are now sinning. 

I would be interested to know how the book parses that in relation to being gay, because simply being gay is not at all the same thing as entertaining impure thoughts. It would be no different than a straight person: as long as you do not entertain thoughts of extra-marital or otherwise 'unacceptable' sex, you are not sinning. If you are having a grand old time getting all worked up about Tom Hiddleston, you are sinning, whether your thoughts are straight or gay. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/15/2019 at 3:19 PM, usedbicycle said:

this line of thinking is one of the most homophobic, right under PP's reprobate theory. It says that gays are attracted to the same sex not because of their natural orientation, but precisely because it's sinful and against God. It's the same thing as saying they're inherently evil. 

This is what Tim Bayly teaches, and he is enraged that some in the Reformed community (allegedly) take a "don't ask/don't tell/don't touch" approach. Just look at his Facebook/Twitter; he posts about it constantly! 

• Upvote 3

• 3 months later...

Patience had baby Axmann. Born December 2nd at 1:38am. The baby was breech. She tried to have a home birth and labored at home for 24 hours and ended up having a C-section. The baby's name is Ezekiel Brave Axmann. Gotta say he is pretty cute. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Grace had her second only a few days before Patience. Of course Lisa managed to get to both births. I wouldn’t expect anything less from Lisa. The obsessive control freak mother of 9 wouldn’t miss those births for the world...

• 3 weeks later...

Patience doesn’t post a lot of pics of her son, but her sister posts a lot of her new baby. And boy is that baby angry! She’s always mean mugging and it’s pretty cute. 

A1670689-25C7-49D3-BA71-5CAB3969A030.jpeg

5F78A12E-F700-4E3B-85B3-697CC4B7357B.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Patience doesn’t post a lot of pics of her son, but her sister posts a lot of her new baby. And boy is that baby angry! She’s always mean mugging and it’s pretty cute. 

A1670689-25C7-49D3-BA71-5CAB3969A030.jpeg

5F78A12E-F700-4E3B-85B3-697CC4B7357B.jpeg

This baby is an old soul. She has seen it all before. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Howl said:

Just checked PatienceAxmann's insta. Oh my gosh is baby Zeke adorable! 

I think he looks a lot like his father.