IGNORED

Patience and Nathan Axmann

albireo

I’ve come to this old thread to bring up an extremely sensitive topic. I’ve noticed that Patience has pretty severe Pregnancy Rosacea. I believe Grace also deals with it but I think Patience might have a more severe form. This brings me to my thoughts on quiverful fundies and pregnancy rosacea. So many women are expected to basically give up everything, even their own lives for pregnancy after pregnancy in quiverful communities. And it makes me sad that Patience might have to deal with this for many years to come because she’s expected to pop out baby after baby. So basically if Patience ever wants to stop having babies, too bad. I know pregnancy rosacea might seem like a very minor thing, but it can actually change the shape of your nose. It’s called rhynophyma and I can’t imagine how a person feels when their face changes shape before their eye. I don’t think she has rhynophyma but it’s a possibility in the future if she has 9 kids like her mother. 

Basically I’m not shaming anyone with rosacea and I’m not saying rosacea makes a person look terrible. I just know it must be hard to deal with on top of the tons of other pregnancy symptoms you have to deal with already. And I feel bad if she can’t stop the baby train due to her upbringing. I’m calling it pregnancy rosacea because it does seem to go away when she’s not pregnant. 

• Upvote 3

• 8 months later...

I found this thread randomly and as a former Pennington “sister is Christ”, I’d love to weigh in on some details of a lot of the drama that happened and any questions anyone has. I’m not super familiar with how to work this but I’ll do my best! This family absolutely wrecked my mental health and brainwashed me and belittled me without me even realizing it because they are just that good. I now understand how cults are made. I genuinely believe they could form their own and easily get people to follow them because of how tactical they are. 

• Thank You 3
  • Love 4

21 minutes ago, Cowgirl3482 said:

I found this thread randomly and as a former Pennington “sister is Christ”, I’d love to weigh in on some details of a lot of the drama that happened and any questions anyone has. I’m not super familiar with how to work this but I’ll do my best! This family absolutely wrecked my mental health and brainwashed me and belittled me without me even realizing it because they are just that good. I now understand how cults are made. I genuinely believe they could form their own and easily get people to follow them because of how tactical they are. 

At what age did you meet the Penningtons? What did you think of them at first? When did your thoughts about them change? Was it gradual? Was Alicia Faith always “rebellious?” 

• Upvote 4

On 3/29/2022 at 7:36 AM, Cowgirl3482 said:

Which drama?  Seems they've had a lot.  Sounds awful.  What did they do to you?

On 3/29/2022 at 7:36 AM, Cowgirl3482 said:

This family absolutely wrecked my mental health and brainwashed me and belittled me without me even realizing it because they are just that good.

I'm so very sorry to hear this!  One thing that intrigued me about the Penningtons is that they seemed isolated,  like they were there own insular family church, but that may be because Lisa was selective about their lives and what she shared on social media. I don't think she's ever referenced being part of a church community in Kerrville.  

I think at one point (six or seven years ago? longer?) they were involved with a church in Fredericksburg but I don't know how long they went there. It would have been a slog every Sunday from Kerrville.  I'm guessing any church they were involved with would have been 100% fundamentalist and when I read the web site for the F-burg church, it was extremely fundy, to the point where they did not welcome divorced people into their congregation. 

To clarify, I'm in Austin and my familiarity with Kerrville and Fredericksburg is limited to passing through many times going to and from other places.  I have no direct knowledge of the Penningtons, other than our discussions here on Free Jinger and Lisa P's Pennington Point blog -- except that one time I glimpsed one of the Pennington sisters jogging in a neighborhood that I bicycle through on the way to the gym. 

On 7/16/2021 at 6:43 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve noticed that Patience has pretty severe Pregnancy Rosacea.

Is Patience on Baby #2 or (Rufus forbid) #3?

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

Patience has a toddler boy and a baby girl. I really hope she doesn’t announce a new pregnancy anytime soon. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

• 3 months later...
On 4/4/2022 at 2:03 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Patience has a toddler boy and a baby girl. I really hope she doesn’t announce a new pregnancy anytime soon. 

That aged well. Damn pity they keep on trying to reinforce his “straightness”!

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/3/2022 at 9:03 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just checked in on Instagram.  Patience is now a newborn and birth photographer.  Her photos are lovely.  

So here's the news buried in her @patienceaxmann Insta bio: 

• Wichita Newborn & Birth Photographer
  • Elevating life’s most fleeting moments.
  • Believer
  • Mom of three
  • Semi-crunchy
  • Encourager

They do wedding photography also: 

Instagram: @theaxmans

Three is an awful lot of kids in the brief amount of time they've been married.  *sigh* 

Is "encourager" a term used by and with a specific meaning for fundies?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

I just checked in on Instagram.  Patience is now a newborn and birth photographer.  Her photos are lovely.  

So here's the news buried in her @patienceaxmann Insta bio: 

• Wichita Newborn & Birth Photographer
  • Elevating life’s most fleeting moments.
  • Believer
  • Mom of three
  • Semi-crunchy
  • Encourager

They do wedding photography also: 

Instagram: @theaxmans

Three is an awful lot of kids in the brief amount of time they've been married.  *sigh* 

Is "encourager" a term used by and with a specific meaning for fundies?

I posted on the upcoming baby thread but not here when she announced being pregnant with #3. She is in her 3rd trimester but hasn’t had the baby yet. Unless she just did in the last week and didn’t announce. The thing about these two is that they HUSTLE. They are all about making money and being successful. So I guess it’s good they will be able to provide for a bunch of kids. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/9/2022 at 5:40 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The thing about these two is that they HUSTLE. They are all about making money and being successful.

Most of the Pennington sisters seem to be involved in artistic/creative activities, but these two look to be making some headway in supporting their growing family based on their artistic pursuits. 

Edited by Howl

I do wonder how much they actually bring in. They seem to be into all the typical influencer "side hustles" but I can't tell what their primary source of income is. I guess some wedding photographers do make bank but everyone I know does it part-time (and not because they're not qualified -- I work with a big team of graphic designers who all seem to have this kind of side work).

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

For some reason I went to look up Patience and Nathan last night when I was trying to fall asleep. Here is the pace of babies:

Marriage - November 2018

Ezekiel Brave - December 2019

Zoe Faye - August 2021

Ezra James - January 2023

Marriage to firstborn 13m, first to second 21m, second to third 17m. 

As for income, it seems that Nathan photographs weddings, Patience does newborn/family photos, Nathan is now a realtor, and they have an air bnb. Wichita KS is not expensive for what it’s worth. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

For some reason I went to look up Patience and Nathan last night when I was trying to fall asleep. Here is the pace of babies:

Marriage - November 2018

Ezekiel Brave - December 2019

Zoe Faye - August 2021

Ezra James - January 2023

Marriage to firstborn 13m, first to second 21m, second to third 17m. 

As for income, it seems that Nathan photographs weddings, Patience does newborn/family photos, Nathan is now a realtor, and they have an air bnb. Wichita KS is not expensive for what it’s worth. 

I’ve followed them as well. From what I’ve seen, they both work A LOT. It seems that they are constantly working and taking care of kids 24/7. Yes, he helps with the kids. Which I think is good. But they definitely have the hustle culture mentality. I just wonder how long it will last before they have too many kids and are completely burnt out. He also praised Jinger’s book for not throwing her parents under the bus. I couldn’t roll my eyes hard enough. 

• Upvote 2