IGNORED

Patience and Nathan Axmann

albireo

8 minutes ago, Hane said:

Yeah. I’m so bummed by the current US political climate that I’m taking a vacation from Facebook for a few days.

I need to do the same and probably have for sometime.  I am so tired from ignoring the elephant in the room and keeping sweet for people who can't see the forest through the trees.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 8

On 5/18/2019 at 1:08 PM, pook said:

I need to do the same and probably have for sometime.  I am so tired from ignoring the elephant in the room and keeping sweet for people who can't see the forest through the trees.

About 7 months ago, I actually took a purposeful month-long break from all news. Of course I couldn't entirely escape it, I would still catch the occasional headline when i was online for other reasons.  But I did notice a significant improvement in my general mood. I was surprised by how much my mood improved, actually.  Which is sad.  I like to be well educated about current events, and I actually find politics interesting.  So it was perversely kind of disappointing to me to realize how much my interest was pulling down my mood.  I have been thinking a compromise may be good, maybe schedule a month long news fast 2 or 3 times a year.  If a comet is hurtling toward earth, or something equally crazy during those breaks, i'm sure i'll hear about it from one of my siblings. ?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

On my bike commute to the gym this morning,  pretty sure I saw one of the Pennington sisters out for a run looking very fit, healthy and happy.  

And no, I didn't/wouldn't stop; just rode on by with mind slightly blown and just so happy for them that they are out doing regular stuff and living their lives as they see fit. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Howl said:

On my bike commute to the gym this morning,  pretty sure I saw one of the Pennington sisters out for a run this morning, looking very fit, healthy and happy.  

And no, I didn't/wouldn't stop; just rode on by with mind slightly blown and just so happy for them that they are out doing regular stuff and living their lives as they see fit. 

Was it Faith or Chris? 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Nice fundie touch: she is literally barefoot and pregnant. 

These two are breaking my heart. According to his blog entry, when the Pulse shooting occurred he heard someone say it was what "those people" deserved. He hears that in June 2016 while struggling against same-sex attraction. So, just less than three years later, he is (hetero) married and expecting a baby. 

Look, y'all, I'm doing all the things, please don't hate me and wish that I would die . . . 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 9
  • I Agree 1

Oh look she gets to be pregnant with her also still fundie sister Grace. Let’s look at Grace and Patience vs Chris and Faith. I would rather live like Chris and Faith any day of the week thanks. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Patience is wearing Trousers though. Lisa's head must be spinning. All the effort she put into showing 'her girls' wearing skirts, bring modest and staying at home until married. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Patience is wearing Trousers though. Lisa's head must be spinning. All the effort she put into showing 'her girls' wearing skirts, bring modest and staying at home until married. 

I pretty much guarantee pants are the least of her issues with her daughters. Grace and Patience can easily get away with pants, manly looking t shirts, and a short haircut now that Chris and Faith are living like liberal heathens. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

The days of Lisa requiring her daughters be present at the breakfast table dressed up with their hair styled but not in plain ponytails by 7.30am sharp are long gone!!!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

37 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

The days of Lisa requiring her daughters be present at the breakfast table dressed up with their hair styled but not in plain ponytails by 7.30am sharp are long gone!!!

I was just reading through her old posts and laughing my ass off. Because she was so fucking self righteously sure she was raising them the perfect way. And she was so sure she would get the exact results she wanted. Hahahahahahaha! 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

"Bondslave to Christ"

:think:

Yeah. Wasn’t Jesus the guy who said, “I call you not servants but friends”?

• Upvote 10

I just pray that when this whole charade implodes, because we all know it will, Patience and Nathan will still be able to coparent their child with a minimum of trauma. It's unlikely, but miracles have happened before.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9

On 6/2/2019 at 9:01 PM, Gobsmacked said:

Omg, I somehow missed that info. WTF??  Oh, those poor girls. Can't help but put myself in their shoes, jesus I would have HATED that.  Was this an every day thing?  At what ages did she make them do this, and for how many years?  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

Omg, I somehow missed that info. WTF??  Oh, those poor girls. Can't help but put myself in their shoes, jesus I would have HATED that.  Was this an every day thing?  At what ages did she make them do this, and for how many years?  

Afaik, every day until Alecia defected.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

I’m sitting here snickering because Lisa said no ponytails and I guess Chris is still obeying. Since they have a buzz cut now ;)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • Love 3

Ah yes, Lisa, the one who grounded an adult child for--I believe--a month as an appropriate punishment for failing to show up on time and dressed for breakfast at 7:30 AM.

And Alecia's defection was no easy thing to pull off. If I recall correctly, she got herself into the back seat of her grandparents' car as they were saying goodbye, and resisted being removed from the car (or at least refused to get out--not sure to what degree attempted coercion was involved) for an hour or more before her wardens parents realized they were not going to win the battle. As a reminder, Alecia was a legal adult at the time and fully within her rights to go anywhere she pleased at any time.

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

I think Chris posted a video about their family meeting their significant other. I didn’t watch the video because I can often only watch without sound. But I imagine Chris being gracious about a meeting that was probably awkward AF. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Chris posted a video about their family meeting their significant other. I didn’t watch the video because I can often only watch without sound. But I imagine Chris being gracious about a meeting that was probably awkward AF. 

They said that their girlfriend met their grandparents, and that Lisa and James are still not supportive of the relationship but that they are able to talk and hang out with Chris as long as they avoid certain topics.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

13 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

They said that their girlfriend met their grandparents, and that Lisa and James are still not supportive of the relationship but that they are able to talk and hang out with Chris as long as they avoid certain topics.

Thank you for listening and reporting back! I love those grandparents. I assume they are the same ones that helped Alecia escape. So many fundie kids don’t have grandparents so supportive and willing to help by going against the parents’ wishes. I don’t know if Alecia could have escaped without their help. And I think Chris had an easier time with leaving and becoming so open about their sexual orientation and atheism because of Alecia paving the way and having at least the grandparents who are supportive. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chris has a heart and a character that is pure gold through and through. I admire them so much.

How they turned out to be such an amazing person despite being raised by Lisa is a mystery. And I wonder the same about Alecia.

If they are reading here, let me repeat again my heartfelt advice for them: move to San Antonio where rent and food are much cheaper. Start taking classes at San Antonio College or one of the other Alamo Community College campuses. It's easy to transfer to UTSA for a four-year degree, and far more accessible than anything in Austin. You are two very smart, very strong people and you deserve a future without barriers.

There are coffee shops--even cool ones!--and gay bars in San Antonio, and a thriving arts community.

Edited by VVV
added plug for San Antonio
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Didn't Lisa also require her daughters to constantly reaffirm their brothers' manliness? 

• Sad 1
  • WTF 3

6 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Didn't Lisa also require her daughters to constantly reaffirm their brothers' manliness? 

Yes. When I was reading some of her old posts I came across something about that. Isn’t it telling that the females in that family got out the fastest while some of the boys hang around. They are obviously treated much better in that family. 

• Upvote 5