IGNORED

Alyssa & John 3: Modesty Make-Up

samurai_sarah

12 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

That the church puts LGBTQ relationships on the same level as incest and pedophilia is the actual issue. I think that’s what @front hugs > duggs was getting at.

Oh, I see. That clear it up.

I see they threw bestiality in there, too. These people have pretty dirty minds. Can't you have a church mission statement without bringing up bestiality? Are there people who want to join their church but can't, because of their bestiality-based lifestyle? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

Alyssa has met John at work to have lunch with him most days for the last 5 years. Does she belong to the same stage-5 clinger club as Jill Duggar? God forbid these fundie husbands would like to have lunch with their coworkers, or just have, you know, half an hour of peace and quiet to themselves. 

I really can't imagine doing this. I see my husband every morning and every evening...and I love him deeply but I wouldn't want to go have lunch with him in addition to that.  Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing. 

• Upvote 38
  • I Agree 3

I also can't imagine. Maybe once a week because your kids like it but every day... I wonder what his co-workers think...

And of course Jill D replied.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 18

1 minute ago, candygirl200413 said:

What does John do for a living again?

Works for his father. I think they have an air conditioning company.

In addition, he and Alyssa take turns in their cleaning business.

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I also can't imagine. Maybe once a week because your kids like it but every day... I wonder what his co-workers think...

Coworkers are probably relatives or fundies like them, as he works in a family business. So maybe it's a normal situation in their circles.

I would be upset if my husband came everyday to have lunch in my office. But I wonder if Alyssa uses lunch time as an excuse to leave the house. It may be really hard to be all day alone with 3 little kids. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

He must be okay with it or he'd have put a stop to it.  He is after all the 'headship' in this relationship.  

• Upvote 10

Am I the only one who finds it weird that they are all wearing different shoes for different weathers in that picture?

Alyssa is wearing sandals, one of the girls is wearing sneakers, another one rain boots and the baby is barefoot.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, seasonsoflife said:

Am I the only one who finds it weird that they are all wearing different shoes for different weathers in that picture?

Alyssa is wearing sandals, one of the girls is wearing sneakers, another one rain boots and the baby is barefoot.

Not at all..little kids are strange little creatures. They'll get fixated on wearing something and it's usually not worth the argument. If it's remotely appropriate, let it go. Trying to fight a 2 year old who wants to wear rain boots even though the sun is shining, is so not a hill to die on...let it go, let the kid do what she wants. There's more important hills to die on...

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 18
  • Love 2

I think she meets him for fast food at an outside the work place joint. Although would it really matter if she met him at his family’s business? That photo looks like a parking lot Island. We have seen them all doing lunch at FF before. Obviously AW eats maybe one French fry and calls it a meal. 

• Downvote 2

On 4/22/2019 at 11:26 AM, VelociRapture said:

I have their home church linked to their summary on the Family Summaries thread. Here’s a screenshot of that particular part of their statement of faith:

71B3AC3B-7CE4-4B96-BCB4-296E1B810D59.thumb.png.1ae667897e0e975c8007d9b8b861e559.png

Perhaps the original poster was pointing out that the Webster’s Church is purposely grouping premarital sex and homosexuality with things like pedophilia and incest? That was the impression I got.

ETA: Posted at the same time as @nickelodeon. Sorry!

No mention of masturbation!? LOL

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I will NEVER understand how this girl stays so thin and tiny. She’s constantly eating fast food. Not gonna lie I’d love to know her secrets to staying thin while eating crap. Also- are those press on nails? I can never tell if she gets acrylics at a salon or just gets the cheap drug store press on. She does always look very put together I’ll give her that!

BE8420C6-6F46-437E-B25D-EE70F226F711.jpeg

• Upvote 5

On 4/22/2019 at 2:30 PM, nausicaa said:

It's interesting that Alyssa calls it "Easter" now, and not "Resurrection Sunday."

Also, interesting to confirm that their church requires a 10% tithe. That adds to the mystery of their household budget. There were people who swore up and down they wouldn't tithe, but that looks unlikely in light of this.

This is hilarious to me.  How would the church know if you were tithing 10% of your income?  Are church members required to hand over pay stubs?  Also, that's always seemed like an invasion of privacy to me.  Theoretically, the church higher-ups could extrapolate out what an individual member's salary is.  That's none of their damn business.

On 4/20/2019 at 1:25 AM, Hisey said:

I wouldn't buy new carpets for my landlord, and it sounds like a lot of people here feel the same way.

However, some tenants do fix up their place, essentially improving it for the landlord. Look at the improvements Chad and Erin have done to their rental home.

I know this is random, but guys, I recently kicked over a bottle of Tide detergent onto my light brown carpet.  There is still a blue stain.  ?Any suggestions on how to get it out?  I've only tried water and towels so far, because i was nervous about putting other chemicals on it.  

On 4/22/2019 at 12:41 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think Alyssa will have more. I think she'll go till she at least gets a boy but with just hearing about her heart condition and how she has a fifty percent chance of reacurrance I really hope for her own health  she doesn't have more. 

Re: the bolded....what?? I never heard she had a heart condition. Is it serious?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

bolded....what?? I never heard she had a heart condition. Is it serious?

Really? Check her instagram. She had heart surgery recently, not a joke.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Really? Check her instagram. She had heart surgery recently, not a joke.

Thank you, I will.  Yes, this couple have not been included in my "fundie watching" lately.  I was completely unaware of it until this mention.

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 4

@The Mother Dust, no worries I never knew she had a heart condition either until she posted about her surgery. I haven't followed the Bates to nearly the extent that I do the Duggars. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, SassySnarker said:

will NEVER understand how this girl stays so thin and tiny. She’s constantly eating fast food. Not gonna lie I’d love to know her secrets to staying thin while eating crap. Also- are those press on nails? I can never tell if she gets acrylics at a salon or just gets the cheap drug store press on. She does always look very put together I’ll give her that!

She probably eats just a hamburguer with no fries and diet coke. Plus raising 3 kids and working in her cleaning business, it's enough to burn a bit of fast food calories. 

1 minute ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

@The Mother Dust, no worries I never knew she had a heart condition either until she posted about her surgery. I haven't followed the Bates to nearly the extent that I do the Duggars. 

She never mentioned the heart condition until her surgery. I wonder if she was too scared or nervous about that and preferred to share after the procedure was done. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, The Mother Dust said:

How would the church know if you were tithing 10% of your income?  Are church members required to hand over pay stubs?  Also, that's always seemed like an invasion of privacy to me. 

Rumor has it that some LDS bishops require their church members to submit copies of their tax forms to verify their income so that their tithes can be figured. A similar rumor is that the bishop might come to a member's house to collect their tithe if they miss too many weeks of church. Rumors, but I have heard them in more than one place. 

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
Riffles. I still blame Beansie.
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Rumor has it that some LDS bishops require their church members to submit copies of their tax forms to verify their income so that their tithes can be figured. A similar rumor is that the bishop might come to a member's house to collect their tithe if they miss too many weeks of church. Rumors, but I have heard them in more than one place. 

Wow.  Very interesting, thank you.  Never heard this before, but I could believe it.  

• Upvote 1

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?, I have heard something similar to that regarding Mormons. I also know that some evangelicals stress that "tithing is the bare minimum" you should give. (Just to go all Office Space on you.) These special churches strongly stress you should try to give above and beyond the tithe. There is the notion of "stewardship" in these churches. God "owns" 100% of your income. You are just the "steward" of it. 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
add a thought
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 4
  • Love 1

On 4/26/2019 at 7:29 AM, CarrotCake said:

You forgot to mention that Jill's comment sounds like someone trying to write a parody of MLM-pushing instagram mom lingo:

Love this! You go mama! I always love any time I can squeeze in with my hubby too!!

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

Thank you, I will.  Yes, this couple have not been included in my "fundie watching" lately.  I was completely unaware of it until this mention.

Don’t feel bad. It was only revealed earlier this month. Alyssa apparently has Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT.) She was having episodes of irregular heart beats for a few months and it took several Doctors to finally figure out what was wrong. The surgery sounds as if it was done partly to determine whether that diagnosis was accurate - it was and the Doctor wound up burning/freezing (can’t remember which), I think, seven spots that were problem areas. Here’s the post John made for her to let everyone know what was happening:

If you look back a bit you’ll see the discussion we had here about it with more (and accurate) information. Hopefully she’s feeling better now and hopefully it doesn’t become an issue for her again in the future. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Re meeting John for fast food lunch most days-- we know from pics that some (or most) of the office cleanings are happening after hours-- evening, weekends, perhaps early mornings. I wonder if between this and his HVAC appointments he isn't aways around for breakfast or dinner with the kids.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

People can belong to churches and not believe or support everything the church believes. My most recent church held to marriage being between one cishet man and one cishet woman (all those OT variations notwithstanding). It was pretty liberal in other ways, with women pastors, elder's,deacons, no demand to tithe, no dress code, lots of community service, etc. I am very affirming and let them know I didn't agree with the denominations' stance on marriage, which almost caused a split. But the beliefs described here, no evolution, etc., are just over the top, I doubt I would have been attracted to such a place.  A lot of people never read their church statement of faith to know what is says. Church is social and an obligation for many.

Compulsory money tithing is bull. The OT tithe was agricultural and was given to the priestly class who could not farm. It is a good principle to support charitable works, but that does not have to be limited to a church, and those who cannot afford to give much should not be guilt tripped into doing so. I cannot stand church begging.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

Interestingly, her doctor is a pediatric cardiologist. Is Alyssa considered a pediatric patient?

https://www.adventhealth.com/find-doctor/doctor/bhavya-trivedi-md-1144495383

In his bio it says: 

Dr. Trivedi is the only doctor in Florida who does over 99 percent completely fluoroless pediatric and adult congenital electrophysiology procedures and ablations.

so my guess is he doesn't only operate on children. 

My pediatrician growing up drew the line at age 21 (which I also believe is the American Academy of Pediatrics' recommended age cutoff), so with her being 24 I'd say no, she is not considered a pediatric patient. 

• Upvote 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic