IGNORED

Dillards 75: Keep the Food Out of the Bathroom

Coconut Flan

Looks like Jill’s in her new house.  This clothing company sure does pick unflattering colours and Jill needs to stop hiding the product with her hair.  Personally I’d hide it with a blanket.

Spoiler

4FC0FF2C-CCF1-49EA-AA14-B6A1EFBF3412.thumb.jpeg.e5543ab33ec69bdc25865d81a2bf3af0.jpeg

Jill, Get a good bra if you’re gonna keep on with the clothing line.  Just sayin’.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Jill, Get a good bra if you’re gonna keep on with the clothing line.  Just sayin’.

I'm not seeing what's wrong with her bra (and I feel kind of creepy just saying that). Where are her boobs supposed to be - up around her neck? I'll criticize her all day for trying to make money modelling clothes that she won't even iron, but otherwise she looks amazing.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 21

23 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm not seeing what's wrong with her bra (and I feel kind of creepy just saying that). Where are her boobs supposed to be - up around her neck? I'll criticize her all day for trying to make money modelling clothes that she won't even iron, but otherwise she looks amazing.

You are probably right, it just doesn’t look right to me; maybe it’s just the fit.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

You are probably right, it just doesn’t look right to me; maybe it’s just the fit.

I think it is the fit and the wrinkles. It doesn't really draw the eyes to the right places. 

• Upvote 9

10 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think it is the fit and the wrinkles. It doesn't really draw the eyes to the right places. 

Yeah, I think the empire waist is a hard look to pull off for many of us, and the dress seems like a really poor fit for her. It's very baggy in the wrong places.

I agree her hair shouldn't be front and center, but goodness, I'm impressed by the thickness of her braid. When I had hair that long, it was much thinner at the ends. 

• Upvote 11

11 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

Yeah, I think the empire waist is a hard look to pull off for many of us, and the dress seems like a really poor fit for her. It's very baggy in the wrong places.

Yep. I’ve been wanting to say this is many threads. For example, why did the Bates put Kelly in that unflattering style? Empire waist does nothing for many, many people, especially if you carry weight in the abdomen. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

I like the floral accents on the sleeves of that dress, and a dull purple like that usually works for my coloring. But, I can't imagine the shape would flatter me any more than it does Jill, and I hate ironing. Citrus & Lemon isn't going to get that many orders through Jill if things don't improve. 

In addition to her hair being very thick, that smooth braid is pretty flattering on her; it makes her hair look well cared for and healthy. Sort of the opposite of JillRod's hair.

• Upvote 17

10 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

The buttons make the dress pretty matronly as well. 

I agree.  It looks like grandma's favourite house dress.   

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 6

On 4/19/2019 at 10:27 AM, nst said:

exactly do we have to hear of another story of a "fan" going to Jill's house and scaring her brother in law...:D

Somehow I missed this, but I have to know what happened with Dan.  :)  
Can someone enlighten me?

• I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

The buttons make the dress pretty matronly as well. 

To me, it almost reminds me of the FLDS dresses, but with much shorter sleeves and lower neckline than that cult allows.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

That neckline is just unflattering, and the sleeves are much too big. Other than that, her hair looks great,  and overall she looks healthy and happy.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Yep. I’ve been wanting to say this is many threads. For example, why did the Bates put Kelly in that unflattering style? Empire waist does nothing for many, many people, especially if you carry weight in the abdomen. 

Yes! Those dresses were terribly unflattering on Kelly. You can easily run through JC Pennys and find tons of modest and cute dresses and 2 piece dress combinations. Hit a good sale and you are right in the $40 or less price point. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Somehow I missed this, but I have to know what happened with Dan.  :)  
Can someone enlighten me?

from what i remember back when we were all waiting on jill to give birth the first time. 

Some "fan" went to the house and knocked on the door and Dan answered the door and this "fan" asked how and where Jill was 

He said she wasn't home and closed the door.

am i wrong???

:D

• Thank You 2

I'm going to wade in there and defend Jill in the pantsuit - I went to the site to see the actual pantsuit in question. See...advertising works!!

Anyway the fabric is kind of wrinkly looking even on the model on the website. Personally I hate that wrinkly look (I iron the one wrinkly shirt if have just cause it bugs me otherwise). And of course the models on the site are thin. No surprise there. What does surprise me is that they're sending Jill clothes that are clearly unsuited to her body type. Or she's choosing them. 

Oh and they're ALL too short! I don't like floodpants either. 

In the section for dresses there are some really cute ones that would look great on Jill. She might be able to make even more $$ at this clothes promoting thing if she hired a stylist to show her what really looks best. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Has the poster who knows the Duggars (sorry I forgot their name) ever said if she’s aware of a rift between DD and JB? I know she isn’t super close to them but j wasn’t sure if anything had been mentioned. I’m curious about the whole situation. 

32 minutes ago, mstee said:

Has the poster who knows the Duggars (sorry I forgot their name) ever said if she’s aware of a rift between DD and JB? I know she isn’t super close to them but j wasn’t sure if anything had been mentioned. I’m curious about the whole situation. 

I believe you're referring to @FrozenSmile, Not sure she can enlighten us but we can ask.

• Thank You 1

I'm impressed people can read so much into a dress/outfit. Goes for both Jill and Kelly. I saw the dresses and was like "oh yeah, looks fine". I really don't know when something looks flattering or not on other people, have weird sleeves or a weird cut. I know it is a snark site, and if people have the ability to snark/comment on the clothes, go for it, I just wouldn't even know how. They look fine to me.  

And for the Citrus and Lemon, I just think of it as names. You know these baby clothes shops with names consisting of two baby names like Noah & Maya, Mason & Milly? I just think of the shop consisting of two girls names, Citrus and Lemon. 

• Upvote 10

I've liked all of the clothes she's showcased, pretty much. Some are somewhat ill fitting on her (and I agree on the whole ironing thing), but goddamn it's all basically the style I really like. :my_angel: Thankfully can't order since they likely have shitty shipping costs to Europe, if at all! (trying to avoid checking the actual costs so that I don't get tempted)

• Upvote 4

I don’t hate her outfit, even if the colour is kind of dull. But does anyone else think it looks like a maternity dress? I see room for large belly underneath the waist (is that elastic? I can’t tell) with gathering above that would allow for a fair bit of boob growth too, and those buttons suggest easy breastfeeding access. I assume if it was actually on their site under “maternity wear” people would have commented a thousand times, but still. It looks like something I might have worn while pregnant.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I read something years ago that said the boobs should be several inches above the crook of the elbow. If you see Jill's boobs there, they are definitely heading for the elbow.

I'm 64 years old, you can fold my sagging boobs in half, but I wear brassieres that keep them 2-3 inches above the crook of my arm, kind of up near the armpits, where the boobs are  generally located. It really helps the proper drape of clothing and separation of boobs and waist.

This is not the first time we've discussed Duggar bra wearing. NOBODY, for a while, had decent undergarment support. This became much more apparent when they went to having babies and really needed more support.

I'd say it was a BEC thing, but if Jill wants to be an "influencer", she should be putting her best foot forward. So good undergarments, decent fit, decent ironing/steaming of the outfit, correct accessories... the whole shebang.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I read something years ago that said the boobs should be several inches above the crook of the elbow. If you see Jill's boobs there, they are definitely heading for the elbow.

I'm 64 years old, you can fold my sagging boobs in half, but I wear brassieres that keep them 2-3 inches above the crook of my arm, kind of up near the armpits, where the boobs are  generally located. It really helps the proper drape of clothing and separation of boobs and waist.

This is not the first time we've discussed Duggar bra wearing. NOBODY, for a while, had decent undergarment support. This became much more apparent when they went to having babies and really needed more support.

I'd say it was a BEC thing, but if Jill wants to be an "influencer", she should be putting her best foot forward. So good undergarments, decent fit, decent ironing/steaming of the outfit, correct accessories... the whole shebang.

I’m not sure why people who are on TV, in magazines, are hired to speak or be fashion influencers should be immune from public criticism in the areas where they are attempting to make a living. If you’re shilling clothing, make sure you and the clothing look tip top. If you’re shilling religious tenets for a living, it’s probably best if your actions reflect those tenets. If not, cough Josh, Derick, expect public blowback. 

• Upvote 7

I think boobs should be however the woman's boobs happen to be, no need to police how high or low they are. Who is making up these rules of how many inches above the crook of our elbow our boobs should be? I bet it's either someone trying to sell women something, or keep women preoccupied with our boob height so we don't notice the patriarchy... 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

That "dress" is a glorified frumper house coat. It is straight up ugly and is made to look like you're wearing a potato sack, it isn't going to look good on anyone no matter the amount of ironing and proper fitting undergarments. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Jill's posts are getting better, but more slowly than expected if she's planning to make money on them.

I think she's trying to improve by reading comments and looking online for examples and advice, but this isn't really a talent for her so her improvments are slow.  She's trying to figure out what other people want to see and how they expect to see it, and she doesn't identify with her audience at all, since she has never been a part of that audience and their mindset.

She can't really expect good advice from her family as some of them are as clueless as her, and the others seem to be engaging in a competition and probably don't help her out much.  Comes from her family background of her parents depending on the kids to tattle on each other for parental approval and a lack of close friendships outside of the family.  Add to that their idea that just watching someone do a job is the equivalent of actual training to do the job, and you have Jill.

But I applaud Jill because she's obviously trying to improve.  It's got to be hard when it seems like every area of her life has so much room for improvement. 

• Upvote 9

• Georgiana locked this topic