IGNORED

Dillards 73: A Bitter Dill

Jellybean

The 31 bag in front of the abdomen, the fit of some shirts, and other people's comments tells me I'm not the only one having a suspicion about Jill. But if there's something to tell I'm sure she will eagerly tell us all.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

The 31 bag in front of the abdomen, the fit of some shirts, and other people's comments tells me I'm not the only one having a suspicion about Jill. But if there's something to tell I'm sure she will eagerly tell us all.

I didn’t want to be the first to comment on her body but this was in her stories today. It would not make sense for her to literally DRAW attention to her tummy if she doesn’t want to announce a pregnancy, but it totally makes sense if 1-she’s not pregnant or 2-she’s trolling for attention ahead of the premiere since she isn’t on the show anymore.

5D8985A7-0CA7-4D36-A806-29A075444378.png

2 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

Is health insurance available through graduate schools?

It was for me about 20 years ago. At least for students, not sure about their families.

2 hours ago, Pete Pickles said:

I didn’t want to be the first to comment on her body but this was in her stories today. It would not make sense for her to literally DRAW attention to her tummy if she doesn’t want to announce a pregnancy, but it totally makes sense if 1-she’s not pregnant or 2-she’s trolling for attention ahead of the premiere since she isn’t on the show anymore.

5D8985A7-0CA7-4D36-A806-29A075444378.png

It looks just like the shalwars I wore when I was in Pakistan.  I did not wear the shalwar kameez because I thought it was cute, though.  I was trying to be culturally appropriate as a white chick in a Muslim country.  

Maybe that sort of Muslim/Indian vibe appeals to Jill's hippie vibes???  Sheltered hippies around here seem to love co-opting vaguely Indian cultural imagery... :( 

The Maryland cookies are just normal chocolate chip cookies. Like smaller Chips Ahoy and a smidge dry. Not terrible but nothing special. They do have some good cookies over here though. I really like the chocolate burbon ones (no idea why they are called that) and my son is crazy for Jammie Dogers.

I think that dress Jill loves is a bit unfortunate on her and just in general. What does look great is that beige-y blouse thing. She looks so put together in that photo. I think that style really suits her and gives her a "grown up" but stylish appearance. Side note: not that one must be "grown up" all the time because of a certain age, just that we all like to have one outfit that makes feel like we are in fact "grown ups" when we need to be. I hope this coming across as a compliment and not rude.

I think those tops are ugly. The beige blouse is an ok cut but the color of dishwater. The two flowery ones are matronly for such a young woman and not particularly nice.

Imagine finding Jill's hair in your food. It would take 45 minutes to pull it out.

That dress is really frumpy looking on its own but putting jeans under it makes it even worse.

Hard pass. 

I saw this as a lady with a prominent tummy myself, and don’t mean to shame Jill at all, but I would never wear a top/dress with a belly tie like that unless I was either pregnant for realz or so skinny that my belly sinks in.  And if I was that skinny, I’d probably be dressing to show it off.  So basically I would only wear that if I were pregnant.  It doesn’t look bad on her though, just very much not my taste.  I like the flow beige top, and her hair is cute in both pictures.

Funny how taste can be so different. I love the second and third style and think the second looks really cute on Jill. The beige is more Jingers style.

Stumbled in here to find... a fashion critique...?  Interesting... 

This may be BEC but she looks like she could use a hair cut. I have thin, straight hair and when I let it get long without any layers or face shaping it just clings flat to my head like Jill's. But at least mine is thin so there isn't much weight to it- I imagine Jill's hair is quite heavy. 

22 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Stumbled in here to find... a fashion critique...?  Interesting... 

Welcome to an average day on the Duggar forum. ?

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

S3 I love your new avatar! ? :clap:

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Is there something wrong with saying the clothes are IMO ugly? I mean, she's promoting Amy's store so I presume that Amy is making money with those clothes. Is it so out of realm of this topic (or the Duggar forum) to comment on the quality of products that the Duggars are trying to sell? Frankly, with some of the discussions here in the past- I would think a fashion critique is an upgrade in conversation level.

3 minutes ago, zcccrv said:

Is there something wrong with saying the clothes are IMO ugly? I mean, she's promoting Amy's store so I presume that Amy is making money with those clothes. Is it so out of realm of this topic (or the Duggar forum) to comment on the quality of products that the Duggars are trying to sell? Frankly, with some of the discussions here in the past- I would think a fashion critique is an upgrade in conversation level.

Knock yourself out. Anyone can talk about whatever they want so long as it’s not against the rules (although one of the rules is ‘keep BEC to a minimum’ which can be tough during the sustained critiques of their clothes, hair, and bodies).

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Knock yourself out. Anyone can talk about whatever they want so long as it’s not against the rules (although one of the rules is ‘keep BEC to a minimum’ which can be tough during the sustained critiques of their clothes, hair, and bodies).

Okay then. I personally don't put critiquing a person's clothes and their body in the same category.

4 minutes ago, zcccrv said:

Okay then. I personally don't put critiquing a person's clothes and their body in the same category.

Again, great. Discuss whatever you want so long as it doesn’t break the rules. Some people will find it annoying. They may express that. Luckily that has no bearing on what you can discuss. Trust me, the clothing/hair critique comes up here again and again and again and the fact that I think it’s annoying makes zero difference.

On 2/5/2019 at 11:36 PM, Granwych said:

Take him to the beach, it's fresh and it's free.

as a woman who needs to constantly go to different places to find clothes, winners, the bay, reitmans because i am so short on top yet busty and hippy !

i take great pains to make the clothes i buy fit well and fitted....and trust me in some stores - it's hard. 

anyway - she purposely looks like she is trying to wear ugly colors and fits.  

I can't wear certain colors because i am blonde and pale.  But i discovered a light pink tank from old navy that in summer under a black shirt looks amazing. 

i don't like the clothes she bought is the bottom winded line. 

1 hour ago, zcccrv said:

I think in this case some of the critique is of 3130, since I think Amy may have chosen this clothes from Jill from her stock.

Looking at 3130's instagram, there's a lot of crazy sleeves happening:

image.thumb.png.7904403a9d3117d835acd5f4f2170788.png

A lot of these tops look difficult to pull off, I applaud Jill for trying, but the execution is not good. She should have worn the dress with tights instead of jeans.

I think there's a weird line on FJ where people talk about the Duggars' frumper days and that's seen as acceptable snark, meanwhile you make a comment about how a shirt color is an unpleasant color (it really is!!) or a top is unflattering and all of a sudden you're a BEC. This is a snark board, and if Jill is posting a fashion-based post we should be allowed to make fashion-based choices.

Also, I agree Jill needs a trim. I have long hair too (but curly) so have nothing against that, and cutting it regularly keeps it healthy. Layers also help greatly with the texture. I can see she's trying to get it out of her face hence the side braid, and I can imagine as a stay-at-home-mom this is a constant struggle. There's options that are both more practical and stylish, which we know she cares about to a certain extent. The hair seems to be the last step in the makeover she's been in the process of for the last year.

Funny, among FLDS fundies the haircut is a big deal in their Massimiliano into non-fundie world. Interesting that among the Duggar makeovers (Jinger and Jill) we haven't seen that.

Nobody is saying that you’re not allowed to critique their fashion. Ffs, I swear this is more annoying than the ‘she needs to brush her hair’ or ‘what a frump’ posts. People can express their dislike for certain conversations without demanding that said conversations stop. I would have disappeared into the sunset a LONG ASS TIME AGO if I felt I had the right to control what conversations happened on FJ. I would have been in for a VERY rude awakening, lol.

So please spare me the ‘suddenly we’re not allowed’ martyrdom. Unless a mod is telling you you’re not allowed, you’re allowed. And others are allowed to post dissenting replies. And you’re allowed to take issue with them, but after a while the merry-go-round of ‘how dare you be offended by me being offended by you being offended by...’ gets into dead parrot territory.

The fact that mean old singsingsing doesn’t like the clothes and hair snark is not a demand that you stop. I participate in conversational topics here, like baby name speculation, that others find annoying or distasteful. I respect their opinions, and I keep discussing it anyway because I enjoy it and it’s not against the rules. And So Can You!

However, if this conversation is going to continue to descend into what we can talk about on FJ, what is within the rules, etc., please take it on over to Community Discussion.  This is spoken as an admin and not a poster.  Thank you!  

I prefer flowy clothing. Loose, but not weird, sleeves, though. I think Jill looks pulled together, at least. And she probably is trolling for attention. She obviously WANTS people to think she's in the pregnant phase.... it gets her clicks.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived