IGNORED

Trump 38: Donald Trump and the Wall of Lies

Destiny

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I think he is definitely somewhere on the cognitive decline scale. He's been a privileged asshole all his life and in all likelihood he was never the sharpest rock in the tool box but  in his prime he used to be able to speak in complete sentences and respond to questions in a way that reflected that he understood what was asked. Now he has trouble reading a teleprompter and can't close an umbrella.

I think so too. Three of my grandparents had differing sorts of dementia late in their lives, and his contant word repetition, rambling on tangents, contradictions, and temper remind me of them. They were all sweet people, but once dementia set in they got meaner, angrier, their social filters started to slip, and they became very paranoid. Some of them had moments of lucidity now and then, but they were very different people than they were when they were in full control of their faculties. 

I think our president was never that intelligent, but his drastic swings from day to day - not to mention his swing from the democrat he used to be - make me think something is wrong. He's no longer even pretending to be rational or based in reality. 

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose fuck head is all happy now that his beloved Patriots won and is planning on being all douche-nozzlely about it too.

40 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

If he's needing to spend 60% of his time there he should get his prostate checked and start getting more fibre in his diet.

Supposedly there's an emergency at the southern border. Nevertheless, the presidunce has time to golf. Of course.

Jack & Tiger like each other? Good grief. It's like a 5 year old wrote that. 

They start building the wall where it does the most irreversible damage because of course they do 

12 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Three of my grandparents had differing sorts of dementia late in their lives, and his contant word repetition, rambling on tangents, contradictions, and temper remind me of them. They were all sweet people, but once dementia set in they got meaner, angrier, their social filters started to slip, and they became very paranoid. Some of them had moments of lucidity now and then, but they were very different people than they were when they were in full control of their faculties. 

I was contemplating this and remembered Reagan, who (IIRC) did have dementia during the latter part of his stint in the WH.  Again (IIRC) at the end of his presidency, he retreated and spent a lot of time watching his old movies. I need to revisit the extent to which this was true and if so, look for information on how his staff and aides masked this from the public.  Could this be parallel to Trump watching endless hours of Faux and Friends and not doing much actual presidenting? 

One thing I do find of interest is that in the tell-all books by ex aides, staff, journos and Chris Christie, no one seems to mention the possibility of dementia and I've never seen it discussed on the endless hours of commentary on MSNBC or CNN.  Could be that the sheer volume of crazy associated with his narcissism masks the dementia or he's just a profoundly ignorant and stupid man.   

Whatever it is, it's going to get worse, and in fact, does get worse every day as Trump dismantles regulatory protections with his Cabinet picks, destroys the US' strategic alliances, implements Putin's foreign policy wish list, and destroys business and agriculture with misguided trade policies. 

4 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I read his tweet and was immediately reminded of the Janet and John reading books for beginners back in the 1960's. 

Those are probably the last whole books he ever read.

That the debauchery and depravity of the presidunce's life will have taken its toll on his mental capacities is a given, but I'm not so sure it's dementia per se. If the rumors of him grinding up adderall and snorting it are true, then that also will have debilitated his already meagre intelligence.

Of course people in the WH are covering up for him. If that leaked document about hm having 60% executive time each day is to be believed, then there isn't even a semblance of him governing the country. All he does is watch tv, tweet and golf. And snort. 

It would not surprise me in the slightest if we eventually find out it was Jarod and Ivanka actually ruling the roost. Wtf else are they doing in the WH?

34 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

That the debauchery and depravity of the presidunce's life will have taken its toll on his mental capacities is a given, but I'm not so sure it's dementia per se. If the rumors of him grinding up adderall and snorting it are true, then that also will have debilitated his already meagre intelligence.

Of course people in the WH are covering up for him. If that leaked document about hm having 60% executive time each day is to be believed, then there isn't even a semblance of him governing the country. All he does is watch tv, tweet and golf. And snort. 

It would not surprise me in the slightest if we eventually find out it was Jarod and Ivanka actually ruling the roost. Wtf else are they doing in the WH?

I think you may be on to the actual explanation here.

I would, however, disagree with you on one point. Along with Jared and Ivanka, Stephen Miller is absolutely in the mix of the people who are running the show. And that is really, really scary.

42 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Yeah I was definitely thinking there's some drug-related decline going on there. I'm amazed we went from "I didn't inhale" a single joint to "crushes adderall and snorts it in lieu of the cocaine he used to do in the 80s". 

But age-related, drug-related, hit himself in the head with a golf club - whatever the cause, he is definitely showing signs of going down the hill cognitively. And he wasn't starting from a very high hill to begin with.

The way Trump is completely impossible to fact check in conversations reminds me of some cognitively challenged individuals I've interacted with professionally.

It goes like this:

A: Makes random untrue statement X.

B: hey now that's not true.

A. Repeats random untrue statement

B. Look these are the facts .

A. Yeah but blah blah blah... [Rambles off on an unrelated tangent.]

B. Okay [wonders how  we got from there to here??]

A. Returns to untrue statement and repeats it, completely unshaken.

B.  Look I can prove it's not true, here's how.

A. Gets annoyed with B for pushing "fake news", so to speak

AmazonGrace could be describing Kellyanne also. Methinks she isn't suffering from any cognitive problem but is 'clever' enough to mimic the signs and symptoms she recognises in Trumps behaviour.

She is evil, also horrible to Lovely Jim Costa. 

20 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

AmazonGrace could be describing Kellyanne also. Methinks she isn't suffering from any cognitive problem but is 'clever' enough to mimic the signs and symptoms she recognises in Trumps behaviour.

She is evil, also horrible to Lovely Jim Costa. 

She was also awful to Chris Cuomo when she was "guest" on his evening program. (That said, Chris can certainly stand up for himself.)

Mr. President, have you got any questions, sir?

Yes, do you like pineapple in your pizza or not?

Kellyanne told Jim Costa that "no body likes you" referring to the group of reporters standing around when he asked her a question. ( Sorry I can't post - they were standing outside).

Projection much Kellyanne. 

By mimicing McFuckface's behaviour, Kellyanne is trying to normalise it. Sadly the  brain dead Amoeba MAGA hat wearing twits fall for it. 

I love this guy.  He cranks out this wicked funny stuff once or twice a day, and hits the nail on the head every time:

This is a man who tends to get what he wants.  What if, one day, he said "Screw the world"?  He's done it to customers, contractors, and ex-wives.  He has also played hardball during subsequent negotiations then claimed that the people he screwed got everything they asked for.  If that's his intent then I'd say he's won and is continuing to win, and we've lost and are continuing to lose - except, perhaps, for a few dictatorships and financial institutions who may end up at break-even or even with a net gain.  I expect, once he's out of the WH, that the costs to try to put things right again will be massive (assuming that things can be put right).  I also expect that many will look aside from the losses in the midst of and following the celebrations.

Oh, I think the world will heave a collective sigh of relieve once the presidunce and all the corrupt GOP have been ousted. Picking up the pieces of foreign relations will be tough, but not that hard, especially when it's revealed just how the elections were corrupted by the Russians and the undeniable truth that he fraudulently gained access to the highest office in the land. The world will only be too glad to help you set things back to rights.

The damage being done to the environment however... That could be something that can never be recovered from, and it saddens me beyond belief. 

Yeah kind of figured the Grand Wizard of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave isn't all that worried about how safe football is

In fact, Trump insisted that American society was putting too high a value on the players’ well-being. As evidence of football’s devastating effects on the human brain mounted — and the NFL responded by implementing (demonstrably inadequate) rule changes to modestly reduce the risk of its athletes suffering from Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) — the president argued that the game had grown insufficiently violent.

“Today, if you hit too hard, if they hit too hard, ‘15 yards, throw him out of the game,’” Trump groused in 2017. “They had that last week, I watched for a couple of minutes. Two guys, just really, beautiful tackle — ‘Boom, 15 yards.’ The referee gets on television, his wife is sitting at home she’s so proud of him — they’re ruining the game! Right? They’re ruining the game … they want to hit.”

These remarks heavily implied that Trump sees the lives of (disproportionately African-American) NFL players as fundamentally less valuable than those of wealthy, white people like himself. Then again, it was conceivable that the president was simply a CTE “truther,” and/or somehow did not understand that he was effectively arguing that maximizing his own entertainment should take precedence over minimizing the number of NFL players who suffer from lifelong neurological illness.

But on Super Bowl Sunday, Trump confirmed that he knew exactly what he was calling for. In an interview with CBS News, the president said that he does not want his youngest son Barron to play youth football because “I just don’t like the reports that I see coming out having to do with football ― I mean, it’s a dangerous sport. I thought the equipment would get better, and it has. The helmets have gotten far better but it hasn’t solved the problem.”

That's only if it's people who have the correct amount of wealth and correct skin tone that Spanky McFuckface thinks their children shouldn't play football.

7 hours ago, apple1 said:

Along with Jared and Ivanka, Stephen Miller is absolutely in the mix of the people who are running the show. And that is really, really scary.

I agree with you 10,000%.  This embodiment of evil is sitting on Trump's left shoulder, whispering in his ear, especially on immigration policy, and those policies are implemented.  His official title is Senior Policy Adviser.

I would not be surprised if Miller, a man barely past 30, has realized his potential to be even more influential, and is whispering sweet nothings about other WH policies. For comparison, Sarah H. Sanders is 36. 

I don’t know where else to say this, so I’m going to say it here...

i cried all the way through Gladys Knight’s rendition of the national anthem at yesterday’s Super Bowl. I had just watched a preview of the Face The Nation interview with the Liar in Chief (I try to avoid seeing him on video), and his idiotic blathering and self aggrandizing made me want to vomit.

Then, when the national anthem started, it hit me.  We may never recover from the damage he has inflicted on this country, the divisiveness and hate he has stirred up. Even after he’s gone, the white farts at Breitbart aren’t going anywhere, at least until they die. I can easily see us descending into another civil war. 

I guess that’s what I was thinking when the tears started to flow. 

We are screwed. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived