IGNORED

Lori Alexander 60: Queen of Woo

But you didn’t always pick up on it, thanks to shotgun weddings and girls being sent out of town to “visit a sick aunt” for a few months.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Now, who wants to blow her mind and tell her how rampant teenage pregnancy was in her beloved halcyon days '50s?

Yep, most conveniently swept under the rug. Lots of girls who "went away to visit relatives" or mothers with "menopause babies." Not to mention secret backstreet abortions. The good old days, eh, Lori?

I'm still stuck on this guy thinking that being a teenage mom is a ticket to an easy lifestyle full of freebies.

I was simply pointing out the very high teen pregnancy rates.. College won't prevent what already happens before that.
And I'm not talking about boys because that's staying obvious. I'm simply pointing out the huge incentive the single mother gets for being single. 
And this encourages her to be a rotten woman to her "boy"

Nope, college won't prevent that, but studies have shown that having goals and a future plan for his or her life decreases risky behavior (not just sex, but drugs, etc.) in teens. And I hate to burst this guy's bubble, but those "boys?" They are grown-ass men a disturbing, disturbing amount of the time. And yes, grown-ass men should have consequences for engaging in illegal behavior with underage girls, the least of which should be owing child support. And honestly? I don't think that teenage mothers owe a damn thing (and especially treating her "boy" well) to someone who is equally, if not more so, responsible for her getting pregnant at a young age. 

I've probably mentioned it before, but both of my grandmothers were pregnant teenagers when they got married in the early 1900s (one by rape, sadly - yeah, she married her rapist. My rapist grandfather. ?).  
My mom's sister was in her early 20s & working out of town in the early 60s when got pregnant by the husband of the couple she was renting a room from. She came home, had her daughter, & raised her as a single working parent. 
These were girls and young women  from respectable Southern Baptist families, living in times when sex was supposedly taboo for single people, and those are just the stories I know of.

My mother is the product of a “fling” between my grandmother(the one who contracted polio during her pregnancy)and a tree surgeon who was passing through the area; I believe her husband was overseas in WWII.  I‘ve often wondered if anyone considered polio as “punishment” for the affair.

21 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm still stuck on this guy thinking that being a teenage mom is a ticket to an easy lifestyle full of freebies.

Nope, college won't prevent that, but studies have shown that having goals and a future plan for his or her life decreases risky behavior (not just sex, but drugs, etc.) in teens. And I hate to burst this guy's bubble, but those "boys?" They are grown-ass men a disturbing, disturbing amount of the time. And yes, grown-ass men should have consequences for engaging in illegal behavior with underage girls, the least of which should be owing child support. And honestly? I don't think that teenage mothers owe a damn thing (and especially treating her "boy" well) to someone who is equally, if not more so, responsible for her getting pregnant at a young age. 

Since in these stories all the single mothers no matter their age got pregnant all of their own, not only to become a welfare queen, but also to robb the poor men of all their money for child support. It's never ever the fault of the men, never.

I think I mentioned it before, but both my grandmothers where pregnant on their wedding days, my paternal in 1934 and my maternal in 1958, both where also 19 at the birth of their first child. At least on of my great-grandmothers, my maternal grandmothers mother, where also a pregnant bride in 1921. And I think at least 2 of my fathers 4 older sisters where also pregnant and at least one older brother had a pregnant bride. An older sister of my maternal grandmother had a child out of wedlock, because her fiance died in WWII before they could marry. She and her son stayed with my great-grandparents until she married her husband a few years later.

@delphinium65,  there's an old wive's tale that 7 month babies are healthier than 8 month babies.  I've always felt that those healthy "7 month" babies weren't seven month babies at all but babies born at term.  As the old saying goes "The baby didn't come early; the wedding came late".

14 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Since in these stories all the single mothers no matter their age got pregnant all of their own, not only to become a welfare queen, but also to robb the poor men of all their money for child support. It's never ever the fault of the men, never.

Right, that trick where you deliberately get pregnant so that you can be provided for and can stay home all day instead of working.  I hear poking holes in your diaphragm works well, but Lori would be the one to ask about that.

My maternal grandmother (who married her rapist) always said that women who eagerly counted the months between a wedding & the birth of the first baby to see if the bride had been pregnant were usually pregnant when they got married themselves. The women in the church & community who judged her the hardest were the ones who had 9lb "7 month" babies. I never met her (she died before I was born), but she was said to always be very kind to girls & women who were unmarried & pregnant or faced a shotgun wedding. I'm sure she was a much better Christian than our Lori.
She lived a hard, sad life. I might write a book about her, one of these days.

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

But you didn’t always pick up on it, thanks to shotgun weddings and girls being sent out of town to “visit a sick aunt” for a few months.

There were also a certain number of perimenopausal mothers of teen girls showing up with surprise babies, like my great grandmother (or great-great grandmother, really). 

I don't get the joint FB thing, but at the same time, my husband (and kids, for that matter) know my phone's PW. It's useful -- if I'm driving, my kids can easily send a text or make a call for me, which makes my life a lot easier. I know my husband's, too, for pretty much the same reason.

2 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

You are right, college does not mold women into women of God.  It's the Holy Spirit's job alone to do that!  The Holy Spirit can work on a person wherever he or she may be, including at college.

100% and another thing she is always preaching about how precarious Christianity it. MUST HOMESCHOOL, NO COLLEGE (unless you are man and need to be a doctor..one of her favorites) and a whole list of dos and don't so that Christianity will "take hold."   I am a believer and believe that God is stronger than all that.  But if young people are falling away from Christianity,  it's not due to public school and some of these other things she spouts.  Some of the most faithful, loving,  servant-focused Christians I know are products of public school and some of the most troubled kids I know were home schooled...There is a wide range of reasons why a lot of things happen including belief or non-belief.   But I would bet money that a lot of the younger generation are turning away from Christianity because of the hypocrisy, and legalistic crap people like Lori are teaching. They see right through misinterpretations, 

1 hour ago, FeministShrew said:

Yep, most conveniently swept under the rug. Lots of girls who "went away to visit relatives" or mothers with "menopause babies." Not to mention secret backstreet abortions. The good old days, eh, Lori?

I've mentioned it before but I am adopted. I've researched and know a lot about this subject.  I was born in 1964 during the great "adoption wave" in US history, when many girls went away, were forced to give away their children or get married to the fathers and a host of other "solutions."  I read a great book on the subject (https://www.amazon.com/Girls-Who-Went-Away-Surrendered/dp/0143038974) and it touches on the phenomenon of pregnancy outside of marriage pre- and post-WW2.     Essentially it points out that pregnancy outside of marriage occurred at all times in history. It's nothing new and not a modern trend.  While I'm sure it wasn't "celebrated," families and women learned to cope and it didn't have the same stigma as it did starting in the 1940s.  After that, it ramped way up in the 50s when everyone was trying to live up to the impossible "Leave it to Beaver/Father Knows Best" idyllic lifestyle so society came up with "creative solutions" to pretend the problem of unwed pregnancy away. I don't have to tell any of you there was also a HUGE double standard  about how the women were treated vs. the man. 

This is clearly where Lori is stuck --  in this make-believe land.  But this is a false narrative.  Life has a lot more variation and always has.   

In the course of my genealogical research, I've discovered that not only my grandmother was pregnant when she got married (which I had actually already learned some years earlier), so was her mother--and HER mother as well. My great great grandmother had her first in 1887. That's the 19TH CENTURY, Lori! You know, that lovely, rose-coloured, gentle Victorian era wherein no one showed so much as an ankle, much less anything higher up under their demure, modest skirts? 

There really is nothing new under the sun.

Lori replied to the woman who said abortions had gone down since the 1990s by saying “one million a year isn’t much of a decline.” I’m not sure where she’s getting her info, but it’s universally agreed that the decline is a significant one, statistically speaking. 

Over at No Longer Quivering there are quotes from Lori about her views of child diciplin. Yes it´s a horrified reading, and it shows what an utterly discusting being Lori is. The quotes are from her The transformed wife, facebook page or from her super secret, privat chat room.

There is this: 

[Redacted Screenshot]

What does she mean? Wrong thinking? Did Ken brainwash the kids, or what? It sounds so wrong and it breaks my heart that it was Alyssa who he worked hardest with.

I feel so, so sad for the Alexander children, their childhood wasn´t a good one.

They had parents who fought all the time, their mother didn´t feed them properly and they had to beg for food from their father. Their mother never played with them, never read to them and they didn´t have any bedtime routines. They were beaten, they were not allowed to "whine" or be in a "bad" mood, When they were sick Lori barely took care of them, and even when sick they were not allowed to "whine". The girls got mocked about weight gain to the point they developed eating disorders and faulty body images. 

I hope and pray that moore of the ladies that follow Lori would see her for the monster she is.

ken spy.PNG

5 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Lori replied to the woman who said abortions had gone down since the 1990s by saying “one million a year isn’t much of a decline.”

That shows how much Lori really does (not) value human life, if a million isn't enough to impress her.  

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

There is a priceless Lori-Logic exchange on her latest post.

Nowadays, it appears that girls going to high school is causing pregnancies and then single motherhood. In fact, single motherhood is reaching nightmare levels. And why not? She gets free healthcare, free education, food stamps, child support, subsidized housing, and pays zero taxes.

Yeah, single teenage mothers have SUCH an easy time of it! And those darn high schools, why are we sending them to be educated at all?! They don't need to read or do math to make babies and rub men's feet!

I was 15 and attending an expensive private christian high school when I became pregnant with Baby Nova. I was supposed to be going on a school trip to Argentina in a few months, I was about to begin my driver's training and my parents had already promised me a car if I improved my grades. I had friends and a social life.

Then I got pregnant and everything changed. My school dropped me which didn't matter anyway because my parents wouldn't pay for me to go there anymore. No school would accept me because I wasn't part of any district. My parents kicked me out/I ran away. I went from private health care to Medi-cal. I moved in with my mentally/physically/sexually abusive drug addict partner. He isolated me from everyone. I married him at 17 because I had nowhere else to go. I had to go on welfare because my husband was only around when he felt like it. I was given vouchers for flea bag motels when his parents kicked us out of their house, I lived in shitty subsidized apartments that you didn't want to leave after dark. We slept in the car when we couldn't even afford the shitty apartment anymore. My partner was in and out of jail and I couch surfed with a baby. I could go on but I won't.

Life has improved immensely since those days but anyone who says that pregnant teenage girls are having babies to breeze through life can go fuck themselves. 

@SongRed7, my BIL is your age, and both he and his brother were adopted as infants. He tried to learn about his birth parents, but they didn’t want to be contacted, and it was very hard on him.

7 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

I don't suppose Lori knows what was causing all of those 'premature' first babies back then. 

It was probably the water they were drinking.  That was my dad's joke about anybody at all that he knew who had a baby - not necessarily single women or teenagers, just his joke.  But it also applies to Lori's twisted logic!

For the record, when Mr. Briefly and I got back together after our split - which was caused in large part over the fact that we had not been able to have a baby, it caused a huge amount of stress - we realized that we probably should have split up earlier and then gotten back together, because I actually got pregnant while we were trying to figure out if we wanted to get back together or not.  Which is not a secret at all, and our daughter has known that for years.  But my mother told her friends that we actually got re-married 2 or 3 months before we actually did, because July conception, August remarriage and March baby!

These are some good points. Some other women bring up taking care of themselves if their husbands die. Lori says others should take care of them. 

My mom pushed college on me, a girl, and my two brothers because she knew first hand what it was like to not have a degree. She wanted us to have associates degrees at least, so we wouldn’t go into debt. My mom had years of sales and customer service experience. When my dad was to sick to work and she had to get a full time job she had a hard time finding work because she lacked the degree. The Bible says nothing about only educating males and not females. It says nothing about women only being wives and mothers. It says nothing about parents supporting their grown and married children. 27BE1BF4-BB45-4389-8144-958011B9EE89.thumb.jpeg.f2570df7d74d35d1f15330ff6243bb3e.jpeg

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

Here it is...Your Batshit Crazy Bingo Card

image.png.2b290332c7d931ca776ea946a6c3ed34.png

You Are THE BEST!! ?

On 1/3/2019 at 6:46 PM, delphinium65 said:

Lori Alexander, Queen of Batshit Bingo! 

Next thread title!

I don’t want my parents to have to support me and my children if something were to happen to DH. I know they would welcome us with open arms, but I just can’t  have that as our plan. They worked hard and made many sacrifices for us growing up and now is their time to enjoy things they put off in order to give us the best chance possible.

And I don’t want to ever have to rely on my children to care for me. It’s hard starting out as an adult and I would not want to add to that burden or make it more difficult for them. I also don’t want to hinder God’s calling on their lives- whatever it is and wherever it takes them. 

As far as the church, I couldn’t in good conscience have that as my plan either. It would take away from the focus our church has on helping people who don’t have the resources or abilities I have. Many of the people we serve are older, on fixed incomes, little to no transportation. And then there are the families- sometimes three families to one apartment with the adults all juggling multiple shifts and childcare responsibilities just to make ends meet. 

Lori has got to be the most clueless, wrapped up in privilege, entitled, self-centered, selfish person I have ever come across in my life. And that is saying a lot. She has no scriptural discernment, no common sense, and no ability to empathize. She’s a mean girl now just like she was growing up. She and her fan girls have made an idol out of “keepers at home” and “biblical womanhood”. She’s also a horrible teacher- she doesn’t teach anything and instead posts things just to stir up controversy. I’ve seen people ask her for suggestions on managing children, managing a house keeping schedule, home school schedule, etc. She either deletes, ignores, or posts a non-answer in reply (or advocated abuse if children). 

Spoiler

050DC162-66A5-429D-B22A-9211DE95B469.thumb.png.b2201c537fa14e5df4e0f39f991ad786.png

Spoiler

29CEE21E-5C7E-41EC-B95A-0304D8E9C07B.thumb.png.ce20f03a4d795ca1bf086844ff834d0d.png

Lori is being slow at deleting logical comments. No where does the Bible say women shouldn’t be educated or take care of themselves if they have to.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived