IGNORED

Lori Alexander 60: Queen of Woo

Didn't she blog about not setting boundaries?

Bitch be tripping!

I liked the wild boys. I married one. He's calmed down but he'll always be a "Wild Eyed Southern Boy". They calm down but they never get completely tamed. I love every minute of it. He's a trip! 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

I liked the wild boys. I married one. He's calmed down but he'll always be a "Wild Eyed Southern Boy". They calm down but they never get completely tamed. I love every minute of it. He's a trip! 

Girl, we have the same taste in men. Give me a man with a truck and a voice like pouring bourbon over ice any day of the week.

33 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Girl, we have the same taste in men. Give me a man with a truck and a voice like pouring bourbon over ice any day of the week.

How about a 4wd SUV? Voice? Hmm...pouring good booze on the rocks. SEXXXXXY!!! Long, lean, broad shoulders, narrow hips, looooong legs...Is it me or is it getting warm in here???

Here y'all are talking about real men with trucks and SUV's and bourbon...

And so I wandered over yonder to TTW blog on facebook, where I saw an inordinate number of "joint facebook accounts" commenting.

I never noticed this prior.

What a terribly UN-masculine thing, IMHO.  Maybe it's a power and control thing with these men. Can't have The Wimminz having unsupervised social media...?

ballsinabag.jpg

I noticed among my friends the joint accounts tend to be a Baptist thing.  

I too, was adopted. It was in the 70's and not a good thing. I grew up in an ultra conservative fundy family and have a lot of emotional scars to this day. 

I still can’t see any FB posts on her page (nothing since yesterday with the twitter repost). My app doesn’t need to be updated. I wonder what it is. 

15 hours ago, Loveday said:

I think I need to get a life:laughing-rolling:

Lives are overrated. :laughing-rofl:

32 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Lives are overrated. :laughing-rofl:

Quite true. :pb_lol:

12 hours ago, Frog99 said:

I still can’t see any FB posts on her page (nothing since yesterday with the twitter repost). My app doesn’t need to be updated. I wonder what it is. 

Whatever was going on yesterday, it seems resolved today as I can see this morning's FB post. Still nothing showing up from yesterday, though. Today's post is all about the menz not wanting to get married anymore, and of course it's all the wimmenz fault. :roll:

The wheel has spun and landed on if you want to get married, be a doormat.

"Many men no longer want to get married. There are few virtuous women who want to be help meets for their husbands anymore. There are few women who want to have children and be the ones home raising them. There are few who are covenantkeepers and understand that love and marriage are commitments and have nothing whatsoever to do with emotions and feelings."

The essay starts with "many" then continues to "a few", "a few", and "a few."  Epic fail on supporting her points with facts.  Who is the sample population.  Her children's friends.  Nice way to antagonize the friends of your children.  They probably think you're a complete bitch.  

We've talked about this before.  The bridal industry is booming.  The best reception venues are booked out years in advance.  Yes, people are getting married, not that it's any of your business.  They just aren't inviting YOU!  Facts are your friend, Lori.  Learn to use them.

Here's some data that you might want to start with as to how IT relates to the wedding industry:

"The global wedding market is now a $300 billion industry. $55 billion of that is the US wedding market, according to an IBISWorld report, and includes over 500,000 businesses, putting 750,000 people to work. And behind all those silk covered buttons and wedding cupcakes, lies a goldmine of killer apps, wearables and platforms."  

12 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Someone asked her about this in the comments on the blog (the actual blog)..she says she has been sick last 36 hours and stayed off of social media.  It's up on FB now.   If she's had a hiatus due to illness, watch out!  She'll make it up with a vengeance.   

8 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Her children's friends.  Nice way to antagonize the friends of your children. 

Yeah...I like how she throws her children's friends, and her friend's children under the bus.  I recently saw a study (I think someone posted it here) that millennials are marrying later, but the divorce rates are slowly down.  Um...Lori...maybe NOT marrying at 18 or 20 is a more successful model.  People are more mature, know what they want/who they are and are in a better position to have a successful marriage.    

EDIT:   Here's link: http://time.com/5405757/millennials-us-divorce-rate-decline/

16 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Someone asked her about this in the comments on the blog (the actual blog)..she says she has been sick last 36 hours and stayed off of social media.  It's up on FB now.   If she's had a hiatus due to illness, watch out!  She'll make it up with a vengeance.   

Oh, great. Now we're going to hear all about whatever woo it was that cured her in just 36 hours. :my_dodgy: I'm going to go with a combination of kombucha, einkorn bread, and black salve.

13 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Here y'all are talking about real men with trucks and SUV's and bourbon...

And so I wandered over yonder to TTW blog on facebook, where I saw an inordinate number of "joint facebook accounts" commenting.

I never noticed this prior.

What a terribly UN-masculine thing, IMHO.  Maybe it's a power and control thing with these men. Can't have The Wimminz having unsupervised social media...?

I thought part of the joint account thing was so men wouldn't be tempted by teh ebil womenz.  We all know that men can't be trusted to interact with females as anything other than warm places to put their dicks, right? 

Yeah I get the impression the joint account thing is for the mens' accountability. I can only think of one joint account that I am friends with, and I suspect theirs is shared for convenience - he's had major health problems (including a very recent transplant) so she's the one that posts online so people can keep up with how he's doing.

Lori only sees what she wants to see, and that's not much past her own nose. Nobody is inviting her busybody butt to weddings, so people must not be getting married! 

You ladies and your objectimafying the menz like that!  Oughta be ashamed.  But just for giggles this fine extra rainy day:

:laughing-rofl: :potstir:

Spoiler

311996362_realmen.thumb.jpg.b4ac0832668c1276d91539adc086dc98.jpg

After a first marriage ending in divorce, 64% of men remarry. Comparatively, 52% of women are remarry. Incidentally:

Some 29% of eligible men say they want to remarry, and 36% are not sure, according to a recent Pew Research Center survey; only 30% say they do not want to marry again. In contrast, just 15% of previously married women want to remarry, and 27% are not sure; about half of these women (54%) report that they do not want to remarry.

Couple that with the fact that married men live longer, whereas married women die younger, and well, I'm beginning to think that maybe marriage, which men supposedly hate so much and get nothing but sex out of, may actually have some benefits for them. 

Personally, as a woman with one divorce behind her, I would be totally alright with never marrying again. Of course, I want to be a relationship, but to move in with someone and do the whole wife thing again? I'll probably pass. I'm happier just having to answer to myself and clean up my own messes and sometimes eat cereal for dinner. Echoing the statistics, however, my ex-husband married six months after our divorce was final.

53 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

After a first marriage ending in divorce, 64% of men remarry. Comparatively, 52% of women are remarry. Incidentally:

Couple that with the fact that married men live longer, whereas married women die younger, and well, I'm beginning to think that maybe marriage, which men supposedly hate so much and get nothing but sex out of, may actually have some benefits for them. 

Personally, as a woman with one divorce behind her, I would be totally alright with never marrying again. Of course, I want to be a relationship, but to move in with someone and do the whole wife thing again? I'll probably pass. I'm happier just having to answer to myself and clean up my own messes and sometimes eat cereal for dinner. Echoing the statistics, however, my ex-husband married six months after our divorce was final.

If Mr. Briefly and I ever split, which is still a possibility but less of one that it used to be, I think he would probably remarry because he is the type of person who doesn't want to be alone.  I think I would be very happily single for the rest of my life.

I noticed Lori's post about debt-free virgins has popped up on George Takei's facebook page again.  I saw it on his page last night.

To be honest, I've been tempted to start a women going their own way group. Sometimes I like the idea of getting married in the future but sometimes it just seems like just a hassle

I bet this little exchange will either be deleted or whitewashed somehow.  Ken will surely ride in and save the day and set the little woman straight. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

bible stuff.jpg

Lori is oblivious to the concept that her cult feeds on co-dependency.  It is in Lori's interest to encourage dysfunctional relationships that set up a false dichotomy of husband/wife - only one person in a relationship gets to have agency in her skewed perspective.  

For me, my marriage works because we each still "go our own way".  We go our own way together.  We do not give up agency, autonomy, or any part of our independence in marriage.  Rather, we aim for interdependence and emotional intimacy.  We are partners in life who cheer on the interests, successes, and growth of one another.  We don't have power struggles.  We don't wrestle for "control".  My husband wasn't sure he wanted to marry until he met me.  I tended to think I was going to be single until I met him.  It is a both/and - we have emotional connection, and we choose regularly to cultivate our marriage as well.  Love is both an emotion and a choice.  Love includes genuine affection.

Lori's cult beliefs have defined "Biblical femininity" as text book co-dependency.   She has put herself in a box.  She is trying to put other women in the same box.  But a box is a place only for the dead.  This is what makes her a false prophet.  Her ways lead to spiritual death.

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I bet this little exchange will either be deleted or whitewashed somehow.  Ken will surely ride in and save the day and set the little woman straight. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

bible stuff.jpg

I’m far from a Biblical scholar, but I always interpreted the “exit from Eden” passage as God telling Adam and Eve, “Hey, kids—you screwed up, so now this is the worst-case scenario that’s going to happen. He’s going to have to work his balls off, and childbirth will be painful for you. Worse, your sexual desire for each other will create problems.” God is presenting this as the consequence of their disobedience, not a road map for the way their lives absolutely must unfold.

7 minutes ago, Hane said:

I’m far from a Biblical scholar, but I always interpreted the “exit from Eden” passage as God telling Adam and Eve, “Hey, kids—you screwed up, so now this is the worst-case scenario that’s going to happen. He’s going to have to work his balls off, and childbirth will be painful for you. Worse, your sexual desire for each other will create problems.” God is presenting this as the consequence of their disobedience, not a road map for the way their lives absolutely must unfold.

That's how I've basically understood it as well.  I don't remember how it was specifically taught to me, but that's the jist I've had in my head all these years.  But I was raised a dirty cat'lick, they don't even read the Bible!  (one of the most frequent gems I had to defend growing up)

Click-click-click-click-click -- the wheel of crazy has landed on the "women shouldn't go to college" spot.  Everybody take a drink for everytime she uses the word "feminist" as a slur.

On 1/2/2019 at 2:52 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

I had a moment of panic yesterday when I opened what I thought was just a random paper statement envelope from my dental insurance.

It said something to the effect of “you will be reenrolled. but you need to make sure you sign up for your medical plan again at healthcare.gov” Which would have been by 12/15

Ok that’s mildly confusing. It was annoying enough to enroll in medical coverage that i didnt want (and then just get blasted about it while I didnt pay) because believe it or not...You can’t check a box saying, my work gives me medical I only need to pick dental please.

And I religously pay for my dental because they will drop it with no grace period. You also can’t get back on the same plan for two years. Or reenroll till the end of the year. 

I still hate going and avoid it. But I pay. 

Internet confirmed I am still covered but fuck, I had a solid ten minutes of “if I have no dental coverage I will call big guns (I know big dental-affiliated guns) and attempt to make noises about stupidity”

might Kenny not be one of those big guns??   (Just kidding!)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived