Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Lori Alexander 60: Queen of Woo

Recommended Posts

livinglongerthanyou
On 1/15/2019 at 8:02 AM, SongRed7 said:

not defending Ken but he seems to be better parent...and actually spent time with them, fed them real food, etc (in between working on one or more of the kids "wrong thinking."  That still makes me cringe.)

No he's not. He's just as bad as Lori and more adept at being a spiritual abuser. He also refused to pay for one of the girl's college education. The girl wanted to study home economics at that ridiculous Master's College - which is now on accreditation suspension - and Ken said no. I think he was very cruel and that is why Alyssa fled at 18 with basically the clothes on her back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Petronella
30 minutes ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

No he's not. He's just as bad as Lori and more adept at being a spiritual abuser. He also refused to pay for one of the girl's college education. The girl wanted to study home economics at that ridiculous Master's College - which is now on accreditation suspension - and Ken said no. I think he was very cruel and that is why Alyssa fled at 18 with basically the clothes on her back. 

I agree that Ken is terrible (not least because of his whole “sexual abuse is only a problem if you make it one” thing—not a direct quote but that’s the spirit). But not wanting to pay for that specific college seems reasonable, if it’s as lousy as it sounds...

Edited by Petronella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SongRed7

Ken speaks again! He seems to go silent for a while then comes roaring back.  I don’t know what I was thinking, but he’s awful. According to this ladies, if you have a bad marriage it’s because one of two reasons-  and both are your fault! 

 

Ken Alexander: You bet!  The primary reasons Christian young ladies end up in a terrible marriage is either they chose badly, or they chose well but their expectations are through the roof. So the ruin their relationship trying to get their husband to fulfill their perceived needs and desires. Definitely parents must be teaching their children to make wise choices and choose only godly young men with potential. Then rest in that choice and allow him to grow up as he leads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
smittykins

“Allow him to grow up as he leads”?

Umm, I would prefer that my husband already be grown up before we get married, thankyouverymuch, Kenny-boy.

Edited by smittykins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Petronella
2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Ken speaks again! He seems to go silent for a while then comes roaring back.  I don’t know what I was thinking, but he’s awful. According to this ladies, if you have a bad marriage it’s because one of two reasons-  and both are your fault! 

 

Ken Alexander: You bet!  The primary reasons Christian young ladies end up in a terrible marriage is either they chose badly, or they chose well but their expectations are through the roof. So the ruin their relationship trying to get their husband to fulfill their perceived needs and desires. Definitely parents must be teaching their children to make wise choices and choose only godly young men with potential. Then rest in that choice and allow him to grow up as he leads.

Wait, direct quote or summary?? Because that....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Momto2Princesses
31 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Wait, direct quote or summary?? Because that....

It's a direct quote from Kenny boy himself. It's under this comment thread from her stupid ass doodle the other day about "Not more than many women" 

Screenshot_20190118-082226.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Free Jana Duggar

I do think Ken probably spent more time with the children. We know he was the one to feed them real food, and he may not have spanked as much as Lori.

I wouldn't necessarily say he was a better parent, but somehow I think his kids do find him more tolerable.  A while back there was a pic of him and Alyssa on vacation with no Lori in sight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
Sarah92

I vote both are equally horrible but Ken is better at hiding it. He attempts to make things sound "reasonable" with long rambling replies and such. It's fairly easy to see through his bullshit but maybe other have a harder time because they fall a sleep midway through this Facebook page book long posts. Maybe women get into awful marriages because abusive guys are good at hiding and many aspects of culture encourage women to dismiss any negative behavior with "he'll grow out of it"; "you're being emotional"; and "it's not that bad" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Momto2Princesses

Um not Lazy Lori. She will not have her vacay ruined by a pesky thing like a parents death. 

20190118_094318.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Petronella
4 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Ken speaks again! He seems to go silent for a while then comes roaring back.  I don’t know what I was thinking, but he’s awful. According to this ladies, if you have a bad marriage it’s because one of two reasons-  and both are your fault! 

 

Ken Alexander: You bet!  The primary reasons Christian young ladies end up in a terrible marriage is either they chose badly, or they chose well but their expectations are through the roof. So the ruin their relationship trying to get their husband to fulfill their perceived needs and desires. Definitely parents must be teaching their children to make wise choices and choose only godly young men with potential. Then rest in that choice and allow him to grow up as he leads.

Wow. Thanks for confirming it’s a direct quote.

I want to ask Ken: what about husband’s expectations? According to Lori, they should not only EXPECT slave-labor and near-constant sex, they should in fact DEMAND it. Why is it good for a husband to expect but not a wife? Asshats.

(And why do fundies decide in advance what both husband and wife should want instead of letting each person want what they want and work it out nicely and mutually with their partner? But that is an eternal question.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alisamer
3 hours ago, smittykins said:

“Allow him to grow up as he leads”?

Umm, I would prefer that my husband already be grown up before we get married, thankyouverymuch, Kenny-boy.

I know, right? If I wanted to raise a child, I'd birth or adopt one, not marry one. Anyone who is an adult sharing a house with me better be an actual adult who pulls their weight and is an equal partner. If I feel the need to constantly feed and clean up after someone I'll get a cat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×