IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Part 6: That Thing In The Window Is Creepy

HerNameIsBuffy

Are those types of walls on trend? Because it makes her house look old and like it's falling apart. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

I see Joanna Gaines copycatting (again) so I'm not really impressed.

• Upvote 6

I hate it.  I don't like Joanna Gaines' style and the ship lap and tile she loves are high on my pet peeves of things I don't want near my house.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 5

I have to say i'm positively surprise by the pregnancy drough by With and Zach, I would have expected an announce by now. Maybe they are still affected by the miscarriage  (no shame or problem) but given how vocal With was about wanting another baby is still a surprise 

• Upvote 1

I have to confess that I love shiplap. Freaking love it. I'd be putting it in my own bedroom if I weren't moving into a condo with high ceilings and exposed duct work (so the style would be just a bit incongruent).

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

45 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I have to say i'm positively surprise by the pregnancy drough by With and Zach, I would have expected an announce by now. Maybe they are still affected by the miscarriage  (no shame or problem) but given how vocal With was about wanting another baby is still a surprise 

They could be recovering emotionally still like you said or they may just not have had any luck so far. It’s been a little more than nine months since their miscarriage and many women who have an early loss are advised to wait a cycle or two prior to beginning to try again. If they’re both healthy and there were no known complications with the loss then a Doctor probably wouldn’t be overly concerned at this point because it’s still been less than a year, though not being pregnant yet could very well be pretty tough for Whit and Zach.

I don’t want more kids born to any one in this cult, so I’ll just wish them good health and happiness in the children they already have. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

I have a feeling Whit is pregnant. We havent seen pitcure of her for a longggg time, considering she was pretty regular publishing. 

Next week is season finale of BuB, maybe we'll get an annoucment??

• I Agree 6

6 minutes ago, miss_batson said:

I have a feeling Whit is pregnant. We havent seen pitcure of her for a longggg time, considering she was pretty regular publishing. 

I've kind of had a feeling both Erin and Whitney are pregnant, but I'm almost always wrong about these things, so they're probably not. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Just now, Screamapillar said:

Shiplap is the wood paneling of our time.

And I am that freak that also loves wood paneling. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

It is entirely possible Whitney has had an additional miscarriage (or more). I don’t think she or Erin are pregnant.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, onyourwayhome said:

It is entirely possible Whitney has had an additional miscarriage (or more). I don’t think she or Erin are pregnant.

Yes, as i said or she is pregnant and not ready to annouce or possibly had a miscarriage again. What ever it is, she is very quiet latley. Also, agree, i think Erin is not pregnant. Yet. ?

I think Erin, Whit, and Alyssa are all pregnant.  But I'l be very happy to be wrong. 

• I Agree 4

I think Whitney is also! Based on the lack of photos we have seen from her lately. I’m assuming she will wait pretty long to announce. Maybe 17-20 weeks. I bet we get an announcement before she’s seen at Carlin’s wedding. Maybe around mother’s day. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

There was a live video from the Bates sisters boutique ig today where they’re trying the clothing for the store. Taryn is taking pictures. Oh no.

Anyway, there’s a full body shot of Whitney. 

Spoiler

E92C74AD-4AF4-4E1B-8EA1-9D4664DCEB9C.thumb.png.4d99e348b76717ad5c93dd2870a25a6e.png

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

I think she is pregnant as well. More Importantly, she looks very happy in that photo. So I hope things are well.

This also made me think of Lauren and Josiah. There are such marked differences between Whitney and Lauren. Cult upbringing changes a lot.

I hope Lauren is is doing well. She does not have other plans or projects that we know of. She is younger. She is steeped in all about her need for the babies.

I know the miscarriages hit both women hard. It's just...yeah.

Edited by AliceInFundyland
I reframed my pregnancy thought to something more constructive.
  • Upvote 4

Oh god, reading through this thread has reminded me of the time I cut my own bangs. I was seven and it was in my eyes so I got annoyed and chopped them off. 

I don’t remember my parent’s reaction at all but the horrifyingly ugly look I had to sport while the bangs grew out was probably punishment enough. :pulling_hair:

• Upvote 2

On 4/6/2019 at 6:30 AM, miss_batson said:

I also have a feeling about Erin too....

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2019 at 8:34 PM, singsingsing said:

I have to confess that I love shiplap. Freaking love it. I'd be putting it in my own bedroom if I weren't moving into a condo with high ceilings and exposed duct work (so the style would be just a bit incongruent).

I love shiplap and I love Joanna Gaine's style. I'll be redoing my bedroom this summer and I am reallllly excited about it. 

• Upvote 5

That photo makes me lean towards pregnant (and only because Whitney is in amazing shape all the time, so the small bump I see is why the speculation), but I also had 3 miscarriages in a two year time period so that is very possible for her as well. It sucked, I wouldn't wish it in her, but if they really want to expand their family and we haven't heard an announcement yet, that could be why.

• Love 1

So I can slap shiplap on a wall, buy a bunch of Opalhouse bedding at Target and call myself a decorator.  Noted. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1

Bradley is memorizing Bible verses on Whit's instagram story.  Using the KJV, of course. ?

I guess at least at 4 he has more of an idea of what he's saying than Spurgeon did at barely three. But it's super weird how she set up the video like the kids surprise her by spending time with the Bible. Not even sure why the Bible is there, actually, it's not like he's reading it. 

(I have heard of kids reading at 4, but not the KJV)

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Bradley is memorizing Bible verses on Whit's instagram story.  Using the KJV, of course. ?

I guess at least at 4 he has more of an idea of what he's saying than Spurgeon did at barely three. But it's super weird how she set up the video like the kids surprise her by spending time with the Bible. Not even sure why the Bible is there, actually, it's not like he's reading it. 

(I have heard of kids reading at 4, but not the KJV)

Rachel Wissmann Busenitz posted the other day about spending "intentional time" with your kids every day, which apparently in her world means memorizing Bible verses. She posted about Kendrick, who's not yet 4, reciting a psalm. Sharia Hale got inspired and did the same thing with her younger kids. Did all of the fundies decide to get back into memorization within the past week all of a sudden?

Edited by albireo
clarity
  • Upvote 7

On 4/5/2019 at 7:14 AM, bal maiden said:

A Cherin decorating show would be so dull, since Erin has one style, and one style only, that she decorates with. Yawn. 

But so do Chip and Joanna Gaines! Yet they are crazy successful! I think Erin and Chad could have a spin off and make it work. They would have to focus on more than just a makeover. They would focus on the kids, animals, relationship, and their personalities to make it work. Similar to Chip and Jo.

I think Whitney will be next to announce a pregnancy and Erin will follow shortly behind. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic