IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Part 6: That Thing In The Window Is Creepy

HerNameIsBuffy

On 4/22/2019 at 11:05 AM, singsingsing said:

My perspective is that they're adults, they've chosen to remain within this lifestyle, to continue to support their family, church, and cult, and to actively promote themselves to the public based on that, and to profit off of it. They could choose to speak out against it, and/or to walk away and lead private lives, but they don't. Instead, they use their fame and money to promote a very extreme, oppressive, and degrading religious and political ideology. Yes, Zach and Whitney included.

I'm not into the whole 'her boobs look bigger, I think she's pregnant' thing, but I also don't feel much sympathy for them when they're on the receiving end of it (especially if people aren't saying it directly to them). This is their bread and butter. They'd better hope people stay interested in their pregnancies and babies, because that's the only reason they're Z-list celebrities in the first place. They're fooling themselves if they think they have these huge followings for any other reason.

As long as they want to keep getting paid to shill for darling dresses on Instagram, they'd better get used to it (and by 'it', I obviously mean people speculating about pregnancies, not outright nastiness or abuse). 

Agreed!

Edited to Add- I wish all these couples would grow a pair and just simply state their own beliefs. I feel like it would shut a lot of us up if they would come out and say "We love our parents, but we will be stopping at 2 children, because we believe you can still be Christian and not have a gazillon kids, women can work, kids can go to public school, etc. etc." Yet they don't. In fact, we have proof Whitney puts on a skirt for cameras and then slips into pants at the same event just to keep up appearances. If that isn't effed up, I don't know what is.

Edited by Bazinga
more thought
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 2

I have to thank the other posters who also agreed they don't like to comment on other people's bodies.  I once had a co-worker friend remark that she thought I was pregnant.  I was heartbroken, and I had a hard time playing that remark off.  She saw my reaction and backpedaled IMMEDIATELY.  I felt bad for her for a minute but then thought, no, she should know better.  Even in you think someone looks pregnant, you shouldn't assume anything unless you know the news already because it could really hurt someone. 

Now, I'm not delusional.  I know I'm not a small person (size 18 U.S.), but I have a very strange body shape and bloating more in the lower part of my stomach.  I was wearing an empire-waist top that day.  I have never worn that style top since that day.

Sure, people have the right on this board to say what they will about pregnancy or body size (although I may not like it), but I hope you're not carrying this over into real life.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 14

On 4/22/2019 at 3:33 PM, HereticHick said:

Huh. If a coworker got a cute haircut, I tell them its cute.  I also tell random people in elevators I like their shoes, or whatever.  

But you are in Germany, right? In my experience, I think Americans are  more likely (for good and bad) to be "familiar" in that way.

Sorry for the late response!

I do live in Germany now but I'm American and this started when I was working in New York. It actually came out of a sexual harassment training I did there. 

• Upvote 2

My husband and I were at a fundraiser for his former boss who was running for county clerk. She looked about 7 month pregnant, but we're not on social media, so we hadn't seen any announcement. We talked to her for about 30 min without mentioning anything. She gave birth like 10 weeks later. That is how seriously we take not commenting on someone's body. 

I have made speculations here, but I usually make mine based on gut feeling, not a single photo. I will say, I get it when speculation ramps up when we get a lot of bag-over-abdomen type pics like Kerry Washington's poncho season of Scandal! 

One addition to the consideration about what you say to people is what you say about yourself around people. Talking about how you've let yourself go or need to lose some weight can be really hurtful to others. I've had to really watch myself with that, talking about going on a low carb diet because I have insulin resistence, but not saying I need to lose weight. I'm right on the edge of healthy/overweight according to BMI, but I don't believe BMI equals health, so keeping the focus on desires to be healthier is less likely to cause hurt.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Body shaming is not ok  but Intellectual shaming is ok? Like for Priscilla Waller or Jill duggar... Snark is judging anyways be it on anything ! 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

I agree, too. I don't like shaming anyone about something they can't help...looks, weight, intelligence, etc.  I'm all for snarking on J-Rod's make-up and hair, though, because she can do something about that, and she's super judgmental about the appearance of others.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

The things these people say and do are far, far more offensive than body shaming.

• I Agree 6

Absolutely not body shaming but tell me you do not see a bump on Whitney! 
AA1543CA-7F53-4BE0-8E97-E0DC4C7D9A80.thumb.png.7c07bd68e2e3bcadf60e4415312ae4b6.png

That was my immediate thought when I saw the picture.
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

Where’s that picture from?

Also, I don’t really know where to put this, but via a tumblr post I saw today think Sarah Reith got married recently 

C8A1719F-A628-4017-B1E6-0C4194110578.jpeg

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, habert said:

It's from Josie's instagram, and Whit reposted it (or a similar one) on hers. 

• Upvote 1

It could also be her dress in a weird angle. If she was that far along that such a clear bump is showing, she would have announced.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

@19tacos&counting it's not body shaming, it's a clear baby bump. 

I wonder if it's being a risk pregnancy and that's why they haven't announced yet.

If she is, and i think she is for some time, i think she will announce soon, or before Carlin's wedding. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, 19tacos&counting said:

Absolutely not body shaming but tell me you do not see a bump on less than flat tummy on Whitney! 

FTFY to show exactly what you just said.

Don't worry - I'm not going to harp on this again as clearly you guys are so emotionally invested in these women and their bodies there is no point.

Maybe I need a break - this shit makes me wonder what the fuck I'm doing here.

Ftr record it's not about whether or not she's pregnant - she's of child bearing age and is trying so it wouldn't exactly be a biblical miracle if she were.  It's about those of you who act as if a woman isn't perfect with a concave tummy then her body belongs to you.

I really hope anyone here with body issues ignores this thread as it's a breeding ground for eating disorders and self hate.

I have an idea...instead of fundies why don't you body monitors post pics of yourselves every day so we can bask in your physical perfection as I am sure you've never had a food baby, wore an unflattering outfit, bloated, and certainly have never weighed an ounce over your ideal weight.

I'm done ... now you can all talk about what a mean old party pooper I am.  

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 10
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1
  • Love 5

9 hours ago, habert said:

Also, I don’t really know where to put this, but via a tumblr post I saw today think Sarah Reith got married recently 

C8A1719F-A628-4017-B1E6-0C4194110578.jpeg

is that a denim leisure suit?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

is that a denim leisure suit?

You just made me shudder a bit.

From several of your other posts, it seems like we are around the same age, so I figure you remember them as well.

My Dad had a chocolate brown double knit polyester leisure suit (yes, I know for those of use who remember, they were double knit polyester, but for some this is news) with an ugly cream and brown shirt. When I was a junior in high school in 1988, past the popularity of leisure suits, I argued with my Dad before open house. He proudly wore the ugly, out of date leisure suit to open house and told people he was my Dad. I was horrified! Yes, I shared this story at his funeral.

May leisure suits burn in hell and never come back in fashion!

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

May leisure suits burn in hell and never come back in fashion!

I agree - but let's hope this guy has no fashion power because he could be the reason.

My dad never owned one, but don't mistake that for being a fashionable man.  His entire wardrobe consisted of work suits and wide ties, and for his casual look polyester dress pants and short sleeved dress shirts with ONE button undone.

The 70's were an ugly time.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

FTFY to show exactly what you just said.

Don't worry - I'm not going to harp on this again as clearly you guys are so emotionally invested in these women and their bodies there is no point.

Maybe I need a break - this shit makes me wonder what the fuck I'm doing here.

Ftr record it's not about whether or not she's pregnant - she's of child bearing age and is trying so it wouldn't exactly be a biblical miracle if she were.  It's about those of you who act as if a woman isn't perfect with a concave tummy then her body belongs to you.

I really hope anyone here with body issues ignores this thread as it's a breeding ground for eating disorders and self hate.

I have an idea...instead of fundies why don't you body monitors post pics of yourselves every day so we can bask in your physical perfection as I am sure you've never had a food baby, wore an unflattering outfit, bloated, and certainly have never weighed an ounce over your ideal weight.

I'm done ... now you can all talk about what a mean old party pooper I am.  

Just fyi for those who tell me to move along on this...no.

its ironic when that happens as I’ve never once posted anything on this topic that wasn’t in a direct response to those of you who keep doing this.  

So as long as this keeps happening I’m going to push back when I see it since I happen to know you are hurting people.  Women as a whole and people here who don’t feel comfortable enough posting publicly.

i know those of you defending your right to police the bodies of other women will never be swayed by anything I post.  Like Trunpers will never give a shit about the damage he does as long as he rallies are fun for them. 

But there are people who have looked at it differently after it’s been pointed out and there are people who appreciate the reminders that they don’t need to feel bad about themselves because of the body policing squad here.

so yeah - I’m going to keep pointing it out but it’s not for those of you who need to defend the hobby.  

• Upvote 3
  • Move Along 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 4

My mother worked for a company that made polyester leisure suits.  She made sales garments on the experimental sewing floor.  They did an order back in the day for Jack Lord of Hawaii Five 0.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Whitney posted a new Instagram story for her boutique. I certainly don’t blame her for waiting to announce but it’s a good bet that she’s expecting and I’d anticipate an announcement will be coming soon.

187830B2-007A-4360-8E9F-723CC3ECE018.jpeg

Edited by FundiePrincess
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

She's had a miscarriage.  She may not wish to announce anything atm.  And for all we know she's simply gained weight.  She looks very happy and beautiful. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic