IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Part 6: That Thing In The Window Is Creepy

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

baby guesses boy Lucy for a girl and Wesley for a boy. I think they will stick with the E sound ending since they all have it. 

I hope not, sounding themes for names is the only naming theme i hate, specially when you are planing on having a lot of kids. For 2 or 3 i guess you can make it work, but after that it starts becoming ridiculous IMHO.

Maybe they'll copy Meghan and Harry and go with Archie. I hope not, I love that name.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure the miscarriage was heartbreaking and I'm not trying to minimize the pain it clearly caused them at all. I am, however, glad that they haven't been popping the babies out like crazy, especially since Bradley was born only 10 1/2 months after the wedding and Whitney was so very young. Now Bradley will be 5 and Kaci 3 1/2 when the new baby is born. I'm definitely hoping that they will use some kind of family planning in the future, but barring that, hopefully at least their kids will be naturally spread a little further apart so that they don't end up in the double digits.

• Upvote 10

Not surprising. Part of me hopes if its a boy they go the Randy and then Mark route. Or maybe Cooper. But probably not.

I think they might have 3 and 4 close together if they can, like Bradley and Kaci are so close together. Then maybe limit family size (but I won't hold my breath). I think of all the Bateses they are the least fundie, but it's a very low bar. 

• Upvote 7

52 minutes ago, llucie said:

I hope not, sounding themes for names is the only naming theme i hate, specially when you are planing on having a lot of kids. For 2 or 3 i guess you can make it work, but after that it starts becoming ridiculous IMHO.

I don't know by this point I think it would be a little weird if the baby didn't have an E ending. I mean there is Zachary, Whitney, Bradley and Kaci. just like Alyssa is now stuck with an e ending with Allie, Lexie and Zoey

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I don't know by this point I think it would be a little weird if the baby didn't have an E ending. I mean there is Zachary, Whitney, Bradley and Kaci. just like Alyssa is now stuck with an e ending with Allie, Lexie and Zoey

Until they have John Jr.

• Upvote 6

Kaci totally threw me. Kaci spelled creatively was popular in the the 80s. So I really don’t know if she will keep up with that if she has another girl. Will it be Melissa? Lindsey? Jessica? Amanda? Ashley?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Until they have John Jr.

lol I figure they will name him John but call him Johnny still fits the theme. 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Kaci totally threw me. Kaci spelled creatively was popular in the the 80s. So I really don’t know if she will keep up with that if she has another girl. Will it be Melissa? Lindsey? Jessica? Amanda? Ashley?

wasn't Kaci supposed to be a type of way to honor Kelly?

• Upvote 1

I can’t remember why, but I had already assumed she was pregnant so it took me a minute to register their announcement. So many babies.  Between GrandBates & GrandDuggars, I’m going to need a cheat sheet to keep up soon.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, PurpleCats said:

I can’t remember why, but I had already assumed she was pregnant so it took me a minute to register their announcement. So many babies.  Between GrandBates & GrandDuggars, I’m going to need a cheat sheet to keep up soon.

I imagine the grandparents already need a cheat sheet for their own grandkids. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, PurpleCats said:

both families' have wiki pages and that's how I keep track of all the grands and in laws. 

• Upvote 3

Just today I was wondering (if she were pregnant) that they'd probably need to announce before Carlin's wedding so all eyes were on Carlin and not on any "I see a bump!!!" bridesmaid speculation. That makes 3 bridemaids that are pregnant (that we know of!)

I agree it's a bit cruel of her to say they knew god would bless them again, especially knowing how close Zach and Michael are. I know she's excited to be having another child, but to say that publically in an interview she would have prepared for makes me sad.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

Erin will probably be the next to announce. I think she will announce this summer.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

51 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

lol I figure they will name him John but call him Johnny still fits the theme. 

wasn't Kaci supposed to be a type of way to honor Kelly?

Whitney did say that I don't remember if its in the episode when Kaci's born or a different BUB episode but she said they wanted to honor both their moms Lynn was after her mom and Kaci was to honor Kelly, she or they thought it sounded similar to Kelly.  

• Upvote 1

I don’t think Whitney was thinking of Michaela at all or even considered her feelings in reading those comments. I’m guessing “god will bless us again in his time” was her mantra for getting through the miscarriage and almost a year of no new very-wanted baby. I definitely don’t think she was trying to be cruel. I’ll cut her a little slack on that comment, though hopefully she is very supportive of Michaela.  The damage that “babies representing Gods favor” has on the entire culture is just so sad

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Whitney did say that I don't remember if its in the episode when Kaci's born or a different BUB episode but she said they wanted to honor both their moms Lynn was after her mom and Kaci was to honor Kelly, she or they thought it sounded similar to Kelly.  

I think if I wanted to honor both I probably would have used Kellyn as a middle name since it’s a mix of Kelly and Lynn. And it’s Josie’s middle name. We know Josie and Whitney are close that way she would honor three people in one middle name. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think if I wanted to honor both I probably would have used Kellyn as a middle name since it’s a mix of Kelly and Lynn. And it’s Josie’s middle name. We know Josie and Whitney are close that way she would honor three people in one middle name. 

it seems many fundie women like to use their middle names for a daughter so I bet Whit was leaving that for one of Josie's future girls. unlike the Duggar's who reuse names the Bates seem to try not to reuse names  that another sibling may have. Like I don't see a bates grandson being named William unless it's Lawson's child. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

I find it very odd that she said "We knew that God would bless us with another one". Honestly, how can you ever be sure of such a thing? Quite an inconsiderate thing to say honestly.

I think this is just the kind of blind faith that their cult expects them to have :( It's their Christianese for "We really hoped for another baby", but of course 'hope' suggests an element of doubt, so they have to say they knew God would bless them (in the same way they talk about being #blessed rather than #lucky, because that demonstrates faith). But yeah, still bloody sucks to be Michael.   

• Upvote 10

As someone currently attending two support groups that deal with infertility AND loss, I will say that the encouraging sentiments expressed by people going through the two are often conflicting. There are certainly some similarities between the pain of the two experiences and plenty of overlap in the people experiencing them. But I often find myself having to just let the "comforting" phrases from people going through loss roll off me.

For example, in my one support group there are a few people who have gotten pregnant after a loss and they talk about how it all our journeys were meant to be because if they'd still been pregnant with the miscarried baby, they never could have gotten this baby they are growing or given birth to now. Well. I mean. If I'd gotten pregnant when I first started trying, I could have had a 17 month old right now. The IVF I'm doing right now with hopeful transfer in June could be my baby #2. So it's not at all comforting to me to think this was all meant to be. BUT I understand why that is comforting to those who've gotten pregnant after loss.

Meanwhile, I find it helpful when being encouraged by fellow infertiles to be reminded that even though I may never get pregnant and birth a child, I will be a mother someday if I continue to want that. I don't know for sure that that is something comforting to someone who is grieving a miscarriage. The grief of infertility is over a dream, a plan, a hope you had about how life would go. The grief of miscarriage is usually a distinct loss of a baby that had a gestational age and potential due date. I mean, some of our loss ladies had full-term babies born sleeping. Clearly I do not understand that pain. Our grief is different.

It was a callous thing for Whitney to say. It was also extremely naive.

As a person who does ascribe to Christian faith, I will say that nothing has tested that faith more than having to get up each day for the past 27 months and grapple with the fact that no prayer, no crying, no pleading, no screaming at God has resulted in a positive pregnancy test. And every time I reaffirm my belief that God does not sit around deciding to give or take a baby and remember that people of all faiths and no faiths experience what I'm going through, some weird Christian in support group starts saying something weird about God's perfect plan. If your faith relies on good things happening to you, it's not that strong.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 19

Not another Fundie November birthday. I don't want to share! If you absolutely must have a November baby, kindly have it before the 20th. I don't want a Fundie baby born too close to my birthday, and this gives me a cushion.

I did not mark it from the previous page, but love the name Lucy! I know they wouldn't do this, but I would even be happy with Lucinda.

I don't have any guess as to what the name will be, though.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Not another Fundie November birthday. I don't want to share! If you absolutely must have a November baby, kindly have it before the 20th. I don't want a Fundie baby born too close to my birthday, and this gives me a cushion.

I did not mark it from the previous page, but love the name Lucy! I know they wouldn't do this, but I would even be happy with Lucinda.

I don't have any guess as to what the name will be, though.

well not sure when Zach and Whit are due but Joy and Austin are due around the sixth of November birthday so you are probably safe from that one. now you just have to worry about Whit's and Anna's babies. LOL 

• Upvote 2

Whitney kind of made me roll my eyes in the video. Kaci says a girl and a boy and Whit's like oh I don't know about that we'll have to see. pretty sure they'd know if they were having twins. 

• Upvote 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic