IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Part 6: That Thing In The Window Is Creepy

HerNameIsBuffy

I don't know a single kid, myself included, who didn't cut their own hair. Seriously. I remember being much older than Bradley & Kaci and doing it. I think I was around 5 or 6, maybe even a bit older. I remember cutting it and hiding the hair in my room. My brother busted me and then totally ratted me out at the dinner table. I don't remember getting into trouble but I do remember having to go get a really short cut to fix it which was probably worse than any punishment I could have gotten because I always loved long hair. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, LillyP said:

I don't know a single kid, myself included, who didn't cut their own hair.

I didn't but I really didn't have much hair to cut.

• Upvote 2

On 2/17/2019 at 7:03 PM, LillyP said:

don't know a single kid, myself included, who didn't cut their own hair.

I don't know parents who let toddlers use scissors unsupervised. And none of my friend's children have cut their own hair, nor my kids neither me when I was little.

I'm surprised for all the posts about kids cutting hair, as if it was normal. Different places, different boundaries, I suppose.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I don't know parents who deliberately let their toddlers use scissors.  I know of many who's toddlers have gotten into things their parents didn't think they could get, or who have absent mindedly forgot to put safety scissors away.

I very proudly gave my barbies haircuts in my toddlerhood (I left my own hair alone).  A decade later my twin sisters did each other.  My mum was a very responsible safety conscious adult who leaned towards overprotective parenting.  Kids happen.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

I think Whitney is pregnant. My guess is a month or a little more behind Josie. And they will just love being pregnant together. 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I don't know parents who let toddlers use scissors unsupervised. And none of my friend's children have cut their own hair, nor my kids neither me when I was little.

I'm surprised for all the posts about kids cutting hair, as if it was normal. Different places, different boundaries, I suppose.

Well I wasn't specifically talking about *toddlers*, I said kids. I was not a toddler when I cut my hair...I was around 6 or 7....and it was with a pair of Playschool Safety Scissors. The same kind you'd use to cut construction paper. ;) I know plenty of kids who might not have cut their hair enough to be noticeable, but they still cut their hair. I'm sure there are just as many who didn't cut their hair - my point was it's not at all an uncommon thing for kids to do.

I see a lot of my friends who post or talk about all the crazy shit their kids get into. Honestly for a lot of it I roll my eyes and think to myself "well WTF did you leave something like that out where they can get it?" but then I have to remind myself that kids can cause destruction with the most basic "safe" things. Even still I have made it my mission to keep the stuff I don't want my baby getting into out of his reach and put away.

• Upvote 12

13 hours ago, imokit said:

I don't know parents who deliberately let their toddlers use scissors. 

Wow, really? I have let my kids use scissors from between 18 months and 2, depending on when the child had the motor skills. Kids are capable, and it's a shame to stop them from learning such basic stuff. Now, I didn't hand them my sharp kitchen scissors, then wander off to read FJ in another room, but really, most toddlers can use scissors safely with but a little supervision and gentle steering towards safe usage. 

• Upvote 18

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Whitney is pregnant. My guess is a month or a little more behind Josie. And they will just love being pregnant together. 

And then we can talk about something other than kidz n scissors.  Otherwise, we might have to resort to discussing nail polish soon.

I think Zach and Whitney will have #3 slightly before Bradley turns 5 at the end of October

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

And then we can talk about something other than kidz n scissors.  Otherwise, we might have to resort to discussing nail polish soon.

I think Zach and Whitney will have #3 slightly before Bradley turns 5 at the end of October

I think Whit will announce next. Then Alyssa. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh good, I will start making a list of mid-evil, yet trendy, baby names for Alyssa.

Guinevere, perhaps, or Tristan.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14
  • Love 2

23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Oh good, I will start making a list of mid-evil, yet trendy, baby names for Alyssa.

Lancelot spelled Lance-Allot ?

• Haha 26
  • I Agree 1

On 2/19/2019 at 3:12 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Whit, Erin, and then Alyssa. Just a feeling. 

4 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

I think Whit, Erin, and then Alyssa. Just a feeling. 

You could be right. It’s hard to tell with Erin and Alyssa. They will likely be pregnant together again. But I doubt they will be due the same month like last time. Maybe a few months apart.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1

I think Whitney, Alyssa, Erin. Whitney due is August. She will be 16-18 weeks when announces. Erin due in October, Alyssa January 2020.  Then tori due in the spring, Carlin late spring/summer.

On 2/19/2019 at 4:56 PM, HereticHick said:

And you think she can SPELL Guinevere? Heck, she thinks Ali Jane is hard.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

I do think all three will announce and soon but I think it'll be Erin and Alyssa followed closely by Whitney. I keep expecting Erin and Alyssa to announce any day now.

17 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

keep expecting Erin and Alyssa to announce any day now

Wow, if Alyssa is pregnant she must be in her first month, so she won't announce soon. Her hot pink Barbie dress was so tight that it's difficult to believe she's pregnant!

I think Alyssa will get pregnant after Zoey's first birthday. Let's hope it's another girl, because she said she will stop at 4 girls.

Erin will announce soon. She's already late by her pregnancy standars haha.

So I think: Whit, Erin (due summer/autumn 2019), and then Alyssa and Tori (both due 2020).

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

I was reading Whitney's IG post about the jacket.  What office did Zach run for? I can't remember. 

He was elected county commissioner in 2010. In 2014 he ran for mayor in the Republican primary but lost. 

We talked about it here:

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

All this running for office talk made me remember Whitney's election night 2016 post of Zach literally on his knees praying for Trump to be elected.

Where's that vomiting emoji when I need it?

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I was reading Whitney's IG post about the jacket.  What office did Zach run for? I can't remember. 

He wanted to be a mayor. A non fundie woman won the election haha!

I laughed at Whit comment about how Zach cancelled an electoral meeting in order to spend the day with her. Very romantic, but it's not how elections are won. Zach is shy, I wonder if the politic career was his goal or was Gil/Kelly's dream. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic