IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 3: Kittens Having None of Their Shit

HerNameIsBuffy

I wonder how much longer the Bontrager band can keep it together? If Allison and/or Denver marry in the next year or two, and Josh and Cass produce another blessing (which I bet will happen in the next 12 months)--its going to be mighty hard. I can at least see them scaling back their amount of touring.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I wonder how much longer the Bontrager band can keep it together? If Allison and/or Denver marry in the next year or two, and Josh and Cass produce another blessing (which I bet will happen in the next 12 months)--its going to be mighty hard. I can at least see them scaling back their amount of touring.

I agree. Unless Denver brings in a girl that can sing or play an instrument. They had to bring in handsome Joe last time they toured because Cass was 9 months pregnant so those two couldn't come along. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. Unless Denver brings in a girl that can sing or play an instrument. They had to bring in handsome Joe last time they toured because Cass was 9 months pregnant so those two couldn't come along. 

And I was so hoping for a Loe/Allison relationship, the girl is soooooo unhappy as a single....

1 minute ago, hollyandivy said:

And I was so hoping for a Loe/Allison relationship, the girl is soooooo unhappy as a single....

I didn’t realize Joe is Denver’s age so he’s probably too young for her. Maybe he and Liz will court in a few years. 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I didn’t realize Joe is Denver’s age so he’s probably too young for her. Maybe he and Liz will court in a few years. 

I did not know that either, that is too bad for Allison

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Allison could always set her sights on Nathan. I’m sure he wants to be married just as much as she does. And she’s a farm girl, not a city girl like Ashley who broke his heart. Furthermore I doubt Allison would cut her hair. We know Nathan thinks women should have long hair and Allison probably agrees.

I never thought of it but that makes total sense! They're both hard-working but slightly annoying. Allison would probably love marrying into a big wealthy clan full of Southern belles. I have a feeling that she's a real girly girl and extroverted chit-chatter like most Bates women.

The only problem with the Bates kids is that they don't seem overly "spiritual" if you know what I mean (except maybe for Michael and Brandon). They're quite content living their conservative lives without running entire blogs and conferences about spiritual warfare. That might seem a little lukewarm to the Bontragers, who seem more on par with "aggressively" Christian people like the Bowers... 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 1/4/2019 at 8:21 AM, ophelia said:

I just saw that Carolina and Cassidy both had IG stories about Young Living. I just don't get it - they are both (and Allison as well) selling YL products now. Aren't they competition to each other? They live in the same town, attend the same church - they probably more or less run in identical social circles. I just can't wrap my head around it. 

They wouldn't really be competing if one was in the other's "downline". Say, Carolina started first, and recruited Cassidy. Every time Cassidy makes a sale, Carolina would get a small percentage of YL's profit without having to do anything. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

33 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

I never thought of it but that makes total sense! They're both hard-working but slightly annoying. Allison would probably love marrying into a big wealthy clan full of Southern belles. I have a feeling that she's a real girly girl and extroverted chit-chatter like most Bates women.

The only problem with the Bates kids is that they don't seem overly "spiritual" if you know what I mean (except maybe for Michael and Brandon). They're quite content living their conservative lives without running entire blogs and conferences about spiritual warfare. That might seem a little lukewarm to the Bontragers, who seem more on par with "aggressively" Christian people like the Bowers... 

Although Nathan was at Chelsy and john’s Wedding a year ago, I doubt he got much of a chance to talk to Allison then. She was likely incredibly busy all day and he probably only got a few minutes of her time if any at all. He does fly so it would be easier for him to visit her because if that. So that would be one advantage. 

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Did anyone else know josh wrote a book? He is giving away copies on his blog. 

Yes.  It is a very short "book" if you look closely. I considered it briefly but decided against touching the poop.

I find Fundie matchmaking a bit tedious.  And I don't think I have ever correctly predicted a couple.  However, I think Allison could do much better than a Bates.  Nathan is boring and not the sharpest knife in the Fundie drawer.  Lawson strikes me as a conceited, if not narcissistic, oaf.

There are plenty of other Fundies out there for her to pick from.

But if I have my druthers, Ally will scoop up Jesse Maxwell.  He is the right age, biddable and trainable to a fault, and she'd be close to Chelsy.  Allison and Chels in combination would have so much f*n and shake up Maxhell so hard!   Steve wouldn't know what hit him.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

It may be something of an odd connection, but Allison's determined focus on her singleness reminds me of this never-ending series on single life that a woman named Shani Silver has been writing for Refinery29 for months now.  Seemingly at opposite ends of the ideological/political/whatever spectrum, and they both feel like they have to constantly defend their "single status" and loudly declare how happy they are with it. 

• Upvote 2

I could totally see Allison with Stephen Wissmann. He is a year older, also has a rural-midwest background and the families have known each other for quite some time!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

I could totally see Allison with Stephen Wissmann. He is a year older, also has a rural-midwest background and the families have known each other for quite some time!

I've thought so too.  I could not see her coupled up with Jesse Maxwell.  I doubt Jesse could land a fundie princess like Allison.  Another possible but less likely match up would be Samuel Waller.  He's the right age, and the family has a farm in Wisconsin. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

I thought Stephen would be a good match in the past. However I think it would have happened by now if it was ever going to happen. Kind of like Jana and Lawson Bates. I never get on board with that pair because they would have courted by now. They’ve known one another since they were very small and they see one another often. Plus they would make a terrible match. The Wissmanns are going on tour too and I’m sure they will cross paths with their friends at some point in the next few months. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, petrushka said:

I've thought so too.  I could not see her coupled up with Jesse Maxwell.  I doubt Jesse could land a fundie princess like Allison.  Another possible but less likely match up would be Samuel Waller.  He's the right age, and the family has a farm in Wisconsin. 

No no, Allison has to marry Nathan Bates. I have Samuel Waller reserved for Mary Maxwell. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, petrushka said:

I could not see her coupled up with Jesse Maxwell.  I doubt Jesse could land a fundie princess like Allison. 

Why not!  :mouse-shock:  His big bro landed that ultimate fundie princess Chelsy, after all.   The lad could try. 

Poor Jesse.   We all dismiss him for his lack of hotness compared to John.   I have a soft spot for him but my hopes of his doing a runner from Maxhell are dwindling.

Allison is probably one of the few single women (other than his sisters) he gets to meet under the age of 80.  I'm sure he is pining after her.  And don't forget he had the initiative to clean up the woodpile all by himself and owns a house debt-free. 

He's a catch.  A catch, I tell you!  :laughing-rollingred:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

He's a catch.  A catch, I tell you! 

So am I, you don’t see fundies clamoring after me!

(I kid...I kid...)

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, singsingsing said:

No no, Allison has to marry Nathan Bates. I have Samuel Waller reserved for Mary Maxwell. :pb_lol:

I think Nathan Bates will go for a yet unnamed southern belle.  Perhaps Allison will find a husband from a highly conservative political family, a la Alyssa Bates Webster.  I just don't think she's allowed to be too personally ambitious in her world but I could so see her as part of a conservative power couple.

If a Waller can't meet with Steve Maxwell's approval, then nobody will.  Anna, Mary and Sarah are not getting hitched while Steve is alive.

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Jesse would make a cute couple with Lydia Waller. I bet their children would be adorable. 

Interesting....without knowing anything about Lydia, she might be malleable enough to assimilate into Maxhell.  Plus, their kids would be cousins to the Pecannettes, how cool would that be?

9 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Why not!  :mouse-shock:  His big bro landed that ultimate fundie princess Chelsy, after all.   The lad could try. 

Poor Jesse.   We all dismiss him for his lack of hotness compared to John.   I have a soft spot for him but my hopes of his doing a runner from Maxhell are dwindling.

Allison is probably one of the few single women (other than his sisters) he gets to meet under the age of 80.  I'm sure he is pining after her.  And don't forget he had the initiative to clean up the woodpile all by himself and owns a house debt-free. 

He's a catch.  A catch, I tell you!  :laughing-rollingred:

Jesse appears to me the least likely to run from Maxhell.  He seems so tentative and cautious to me in the blog pics.  I imagine it's very hard for him to work up the courage to talk to a girl.  Allison might be too much for him.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

21 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Poor Jesse.   We all dismiss him for his lack of hotness compared to John.

No, no, no, Jesse's the hot one! I've always had my eye on a bit of nerdy looking guys who like to lift some weights :whistle:

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, petrushka said:

Jesse appears to me the least likely to run from Maxhell.  He seems so tentative and cautious to me in the blog pics.

Ah, but it is the quiet ones you have to watch.  They often have hidden depths.

No, I really don't expect Jesse to do a runner.  It is called snark.

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

No, no, no, Jesse's the hot one! I've always had my eye on a bit of nerdy looking guys who like to lift some weights :whistle:

Indeed.  And I never found John terribly hot.  He's not really my type.  Jesse's muscles OTOH.   Mr. P would describe himself as looking a bit nerdy and wears glasses.  I think he's handsome.  ?

I can't take Fundie matchmaking seriously, although I know people like to do it.  They surprise us too often.

Perhaps Jessie will suddenly elope with a Canadian beekeeper.  Whatever did happen with the Michael Staddon and Elizabeth Frazer engagement?  Did they get cold feet and call off the marriage?  Staddon courtship stories are always incredibly convoluted, and the maidenly brides seem terribly reluctant to commit.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Whatever did happen with the Michael Staddon and Elizabeth Frazer engagement?  Did they get cold feet and call off the marriage?  Staddon courtship stories are always incredibly convoluted, and the maidenly brides seem terribly reluctant to commit.

Looks like he's still in blog photos from the beginning of this month, so I think their relationship is still on. 

Jesse Maxwell's a cute guy. I think John's better looking, but not by much. All of them are just kind of basically fairly good looking guys. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Looks like he's still in blog photos from the beginning of this month, so I think their relationship is still on. 

Yes, I just checked and the families spent time over Christmas together.  But they have been engaged since August - five months - and no official wedding plans yet.  I really want another Staddon wedding.  They are so snarkalicious! :angry-tappingfoot:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Yes, I just checked and the families spent time over Christmas together.  But they have been engaged since August - five months - and no official wedding plans yet.  I really want another Staddon wedding.  They are so snarkalicious! :angry-tappingfoot:

They said in a blog post comment a while ago that they haven’t been able to fix a wedding date yet, because of having to sort out paperwork relating to them being from different countries. 

Edited by Triplet3
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Prepare to get your snark on because the Staddons are starting a family vlog! I can't pick what I love best: Esther's voice or their acting skills (man, those skits at the FEW Conferences must be a killer!) I think they're my pet fundies.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic